Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Leperflesh posted:

The drug instructions for Alvesco say you take it for weeks and it may not start having an effect until like week 4. That seems like an odd option for what I'm really hoping will be a near-term recovery? Maybe this study was only looking at short-term help for covid-positive acute patients.

My inclination is to trust the doctor and take the stuff, but I'm interested in whether there's any actual controversy over this med for non-asthma chest tightness/breathing symptoms of maybe-long-covid.

I hope you feel better soon my friend.

I’m 20 days past first testing positive for Covid and yet my heart and lungs are still sore and I’m always tired.

I don’t want Long Covid :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Just stopping in to say Kristol is an idiot, nobody outside of a C Suite or working as conservative journalists give a hot poo poo what he says.

It's not like Biden said he was going to be listening to columnists for advice!!!

:tif:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Lol r/antiwork is burning down because some dork rear end schlubby mod went on Fox and embarrassed himself and the whole sub and now he’s banning everyone left and right for being pissed about it

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Play posted:

Okay I did the first test and I swear that the object stays centered in neither eye. Close one eye it moves one direction, close the other it moves the other direction.

However the second test did seem to work and it seems my left eye is my dominant eye. I was surprised it wasn't my right as I am right dominant in every other way. Do you think it's that the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body? Probably not.

I did both tests too and had a similar experience, but when I focused on an object much further away, the first test seemed to work. The first time I did it, I focused on something like 10' away, and then did it again with something like 40' away and it made a difference.

I'm the same as you, right handed, with a left eye dominant. It kind of sucks. I remember doing archery lessons as a kid and they had me shoot lefty because I was left eye dominant. It was awkward to say the least. Probably explains why I sucked at shooting the couple of times I did it too.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jan 26, 2022

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I’m also right handed and left eye dominant so shooting/learning to shoot was always interesting. I’m also convinced it has something to do with my skateboarding in a goofy stance and snowboarding in a regular stance for some reason when I was younger. Kind of worked out though because last couple times I went snowboarding I’m completely comfortable going down the hill in either stance now. I’m amboardextrous :haw:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

T-Square posted:

Lol r/antiwork is burning down because some dork rear end schlubby mod went on Fox and embarrassed himself and the whole sub and now he’s banning everyone left and right for being pissed about it

who could possibly have seen this coming

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Antiwork was one of the few good subreddits tho, right?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean there's a lot of good subreddits, they tend to just not be that busy or popular

Like https://old.reddit.com/r/Mirrorsforsale or https://old.reddit.com/r/peoplewithbirdheads

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Fox asked for that reddit mod specifically and got exactly what they wanted.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, they went fishing and hooked one. Turns out people who mod places don't tend to be more knowledgable about a topic, just availability.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

imagining flavius aetass on fox news and lmaoing

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

A 30 year old, 20 hour a week dog walker. Looks like a schlub, won't look at the camera won't stop fidgeting, lives in squalor and just says "laziness is a virtue"

It's not even close to May.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

So I even have to watch it or does it just devolve into him being asked if he is a commie?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It's pretty funny, it's just a pure distillation of everything wrong with reddit and everything wrong with Fox news in one clip. I had a good chuckle.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Oh wow

https://twitter.com/Steven_Hyden/status/1486447366488174596

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/northmantrader/status/1486449806843301888?s=21

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

that's why you shouldn't rely on streaming for everything

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

no way thats a fresh tattoo

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

i forgot spotify owned rogan's podcast.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

They paid him 150 million for the exclusive rights to it and it gets more daily hits than like every news network gets combined. Neil Young might have had some sway back in the day but this is like a Palestinian kid throwing a rock at an Israeli tank.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Joey Freshwater posted:

no way thats a fresh tattoo

That's what I was thinking. It didn't look nearly as red and irritated as you would expect from a fresh tattoo.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

T-Square posted:

I’m also right handed and left eye dominant so shooting/learning to shoot was always interesting. I’m also convinced it has something to do with my skateboarding in a goofy stance and snowboarding in a regular stance for some reason when I was younger. Kind of worked out though because last couple times I went snowboarding I’m completely comfortable going down the hill in either stance now. I’m amboardextrous :haw:

Don't you use your left eye to look down the sights if you are holding the handle/trigger in your right hand? I thought that's how it went? I'm sure I'm wrong though, I haven't fired a lot of rifles and certainly haven't fired them well.

I can see more why archery would be a problem but I always fired rifles by putting my cheek close to the main part, closing my right eye and and angling my face down so the left eye looks directly down the barrel or through the sights.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

BlindSite posted:

They paid him 150 million for the exclusive rights to it and it gets more daily hits than like every news network gets combined. Neil Young might have had some sway back in the day but this is like a Palestinian kid throwing a rock at an Israeli tank.

On the other hand, does Neil Young really need the scraps you get for streaming rights?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Yeah this comes off as Neil just sticking to his principles than trying to force Spotify’s hand, which, good for him.

Maybe other artists will take his lead and do the sa-hahaha

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/SollenbergerRC/status/1486349978008182784

wonder how hard gaetz is sweating right now

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Intruder posted:

wonder how hard gaetz is sweating right now

As hard as a Pedo in a playground?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Play posted:

Don't you use your left eye to look down the sights if you are holding the handle/trigger in your right hand? I thought that's how it went? I'm sure I'm wrong though, I haven't fired a lot of rifles and certainly haven't fired them well.

I can see more why archery would be a problem but I always fired rifles by putting my cheek close to the main part, closing my right eye and and angling my face down so the left eye looks directly down the barrel or through the sights.

I tend to shoot both eyes open - right handed - right eye dominant, but both my father and brother are right handed and left eye dominant and they just shoot leftie. Like anything with firearms you'll get 50 different answers on the "right" way to do things but usually it boils down to what works for you.

Forrest on Fire posted:

On the other hand, does Neil Young really need the scraps you get for streaming rights?

From what I know about Neil Young he's never given a gently caress about money fwiw.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

BlindSite posted:

From what I know about Neil Young he's never given a gently caress about money fwiw.

If y'all want to see something wild, check out his website

https://neilyoungarchives.com/news/1

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

No one's gonna say it, huh...

Good Grief!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

That's obviously very tragic and my heart reaches out to their family, but it's also so on brand.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/status/1486461123251654663

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Lucy yanked that football one too many times.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'd post the "Are we the Baddies" bit from That Mitchel and Webb Look except there's no chance anyone on that school board has any instincts of self reflection.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Next week they ban the Diary of Anne Frank because it clearly is misclassified and should be in Fiction.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/jenhab/status/1486421704897400837

:pwn:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
lol they're going to wait until republicans take back the senate

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Democrats main goal right now seems to be to not actually wield any power and just fundraise off terrible things Republicans are doing. Biden winning threw a huge wrench in their plans.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

If the Dems didn’t have a history of loving things up, I’d generally agree with the statement, but I think I’d rather they just approve someone in the next two weeks.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Bird in a Blender posted:

If the Dems didn’t have a history of loving things up, I’d generally agree with the statement, but I think I’d rather they just approve someone in the next two weeks.

Hol' up, wait a minute let me put some USPOL in it:

If they don't do the one month timetable, they're functionally enabling fascism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I'm actually :mad: as I read that in high school and it's one of the main influences that got me into comics. Also thinking about how the Pulitzer committee changed their rules after Maus won to prevent graphic novels from winning again.

:argh: