Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It was in the last thread but someone please find the video of a goon running right off the map of cool cool mountain trying to collect the star.

It would have been around the time SM3DAS came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Anytime somebody tries BOTW for the first time, judicious use of the record button is mandatory for similar reasons. Let's see those bloopers.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Len posted:

It's me, the adult that can't play a 64 game because it's loving controls are rear end and I'm bad.

https://twitter.com/EvilBillMurray/status/1307740363772190720?s=20

This is after a game over on this star.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

*playing the game that literally shaped and informed how 3D movement in a game works*

I can’t control this poo poo, it plays like rear end!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Duke Nukem voice: "Backflip? Is that some kind of sex move?"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

i'll stand by mario 64 is a bad game

but it ended up being joycons causing that because once i got a pro controller i stopped having problems where mario wouldn't do things like jump when i told him to

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Those Mario 64 blooper posts were the absolute peak of the old Switch thread, just so good

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

If you are going to talk about being owned by Mario 64 please post accompanying footage of it tia.

is sunshine ok instead

https://i.imgur.com/DiDjS9X.mp4

ExtraQuiet
Apr 25, 2016

by Shine
i have one of the wii's with the GC ports, but the laser 'died' a while back
i guess those burnt out a lot because of dual layer discs, there was some hack where you could turn a screw to turn down the resistance on the laser making it more powerful.
i used some glitch to get games to read from a HD, so i cant send it back to nintendo, but i'd like to have that disc reader back again so i can play prime and have those GC ports.
does anyone know what i might do, be it replacing the drive or turning that screw?

(on topic edit: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3933884 thread about lost betas and cut content from old games being unearthed, a bunch of awesome mario 64, zelda 64, & banjo/rare lost content in there.

ExtraQuiet fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jan 27, 2022

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
unfortunately the best banjo game, nuts & bolts, is unlikely to arrive on the nintendo switch

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
Steering away from 3D platformers just for a minute, I'm almost done with Tropical Freeze after years of playing on and off and can confidently say it's one of the best platformers I've ever played. Gorgeous, too.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

Those Mario 64 blooper posts were the absolute peak of the old Switch thread, just so good

Just spent half an hour searching for this. Worth every second.

https://twitter.com/turtoldacc/status/1307811243139321856?t=Iakq8VY3BMdPT4fQYNGQcA&s=19

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lmao mario 64 ftw

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Here are two of my Mario 64 blooper posts

https://mobile.twitter.com/wildtortilla/status/1334537527303106562?cxt=HHwWhMCj5e6znYUlAAAA

https://mobile.twitter.com/wildtortilla/status/1334854680992645120?cxt=HHwWgICs9dHQrYYlAAAA

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
super mario 64 pwns

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Someone trying to literally crawl through a level only to fall off anyway is just :discourse:

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

These should be in a museum.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

chaleski posted:

Someone trying to literally crawl through a level only to fall off anyway is just :discourse:

Punished for your cowardice

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Resurrecting these videos has me lol’ing in my kitchen at 10:43 pm. Please keep them coming.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I think crawling there is actually counterintuitive because Mario has an automatic sidle animation that locks you to the wall.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
[yelling at mym switch] on your kneels

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lmao

Electromax
May 6, 2007
20 second video clips and Nintendo games, match made in heaven

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
picked up an OLED switch last week, this little thing is great. I now own stardew and slay the Spire on 3 platforms. Also got Metroid, BotW and picked up the Infinity games on the 80% off sale.

Our almost 5y/o has been enjoying paw patrol games and watched me play Kirby, smw and banjo kazooie this afternoon. Never played banjo when I had an n64, the camera controls are... going to take some getting used to.

Just got the grapple beam and speed boost in Metroid and I swear I've been back everywhere in the first four levels and can't figure out the path forward. I hope I don't have to bust one of those ceiling speed boost blocks 😑

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's buggy game. Not a huge fan myself.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
that was the single issue i had the entire game and it was very fun over all

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
and frankly, twas humourus to i whenst i saw the mario clip thru bridge, toward his doom

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Switch Banjo-Kazooie allows me to skip all the terrible dialogue, but cutscenes are unskippable. Xbox Banjo-Kazooie allows me to skip the cutscenes, but the dialogue skip isn't implemented. hosed up.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lmfao

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

the TOO BAD! has incredible comic timing in that clip

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm really hyped for Pokemon Legends which should be coming out soon. I'm kind of expecting a buggy on the rails mess, but also fun. I dunno, it could be really good, but everyone trying to sell it as Pokemon BotW might not really get BotW? Then again I'm talking about a game I've never played and actively avoided spoilers on so I have no clue what I'm talking about. Though from trailers and mumblings from what I can tell is it's kind of an open Pokemon Snap, where you're trying to meet conditions to get certain pokemon to spawn to catch for quests?

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Boba Pearl posted:

I'm really hyped for Pokemon Legends which should be coming out soon. I'm kind of expecting a buggy on the rails mess, but also fun. I dunno, it could be really good, but everyone trying to sell it as Pokemon BotW might not really get BotW? Then again I'm talking about a game I've never played and actively avoided spoilers on so I have no clue what I'm talking about. Though from trailers and mumblings from what I can tell is it's kind of an open Pokemon Snap, where you're trying to meet conditions to get certain pokemon to spawn to catch for quests?

Without going into anything the review embargo dropped and it's getting pretty good reviews, performance issues but good gameplay and quality of life stuff. Excited since it's the first Pokemon game in a while that's really interested me.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Boba Pearl posted:

It's getting pretty solid reviews despite complaints about how unbelievably janky some of the graphics are.

I will more than likely buy it because it looks fun and the kind of thing I can play during downtime with my weird schedule.

This post was not meant to offend anyone and I'm sorry if it did. I'm simply stating facts or my interpretation thereof provided the information I've seen and in no way hold my views to be objective unassailable reality.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
there has never been a buggy pokemon game before and anyone who disagrees with me is a liar

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I wonder if Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl get promoted to Good Pokemon Games after tomorrow.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

They are pretty decent though.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I didn't buy them, I don't think I've ever bought one of the remakes, I tried Fire Red and Leaf Green and decided that I was really done with these games playing them once, and if I wanted a remix or something with more quality of life moments, I'd get a rom-hack. Of course now Sword and Shield and all of them are out, and the Romhacking community is still burgeoning. Though the extremely modded overhaul of BotW is going to be sick when it's more stable.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

They should mod a crumbling Oblivion Gate into the middle of every BotW town, really.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jan 27, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
*nervously looks off camera* i would never mod a nintendo console or game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I modded my 3DS because Nintendo broke Zora swimming in MM3D and I’d do it again too