Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bunnyofdoom)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

#Letstalk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Vintersorg posted:

Our local radio idiot Dave Wheeler

Who gives a poo poo about the radio? That's like being upset about the opinions of the guy who owns a typewriter repair shop.

The more interesting local idiot in Manitoba is the loving PREMIER, who is now supporting the truckers:

https://globalnews.ca/video/8538520/manitoba-premier-says-feds-may-want-to-reconsider-vaccine-mandate-on-truckers

Actually, I'm not sure if "interesting" is the correct term. This is expected behaviour from a woman who named her dogs Reagan and Thatcher.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

InfiniteZero posted:

Who gives a poo poo about the radio? That's like being upset about the opinions of the guy who owns a typewriter repair shop.

The more interesting local idiot in Manitoba is the loving PREMIER, who is now supporting the truckers:

https://globalnews.ca/video/8538520/manitoba-premier-says-feds-may-want-to-reconsider-vaccine-mandate-on-truckers

Actually, I'm not sure if "interesting" is the correct term. This is expected behaviour from a woman who named her dogs Reagan and Thatcher.

Kenney is doing so too, along with noted expired pork shoulders Andrew Scheer and Erin Outil. The right-wingers are absolutely terrified of losing votes to right-wing splinter parties which are even more extreme and stupid, so they're chasing this tiny band of tantrum-throwing assholes and making themselves completely unpalatable to formerly reliable conservative voters.

They're in between a rock and a hard place because they can't do anything, and I'd feel bad for them had they not purposefully wedged themselves in there by being lunatics for the past several decades. As it is, I quite enjoy their suffering. They look really miserable trying to cobble together some shred of a voter base.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
How unpalatable do they have to be to actually lose the "Red Tory" votes though? Despite being ideologically aligned with the Liberals, they're probably not going to vote Liberal.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

How many Red Tories are even left? I get the impression that most of them are just voting Liberal these days.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I know a few personally, but that's not saying much

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Saskatchewan is going to start lifting restrictions soon, and Moe has strongly hinted that vaccine mandates will be eliminated. gently caress this province.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Every once in a while, I just sorta forget that Saskatchewan exists.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

My wife is flying in in March I believe to help out with some small skincare clinic. I dread her short time there.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Bleck posted:

Every once in a while, I just sorta forget that Saskatchewan exists.

Same.

Manitoba too, actually. And at least one of the Maritime provinces.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Lars Blitzer posted:

Well this is a loving fantastic sign of things to come:
https://twitter.com/glen_mcgregor/status/1486140174857867266

A whole lot of coke-fueled crazy packed into 4 minutes. I'm just loving done at this point. You know what, just let them be plague rats, go anywhere, do anything their shriveled little hearts and smooth brains can conjure up. Just leave the rest of us alone. I'm reaching PT6A levels of disgust, scorn, and rapidly increasing hatred for these selfish toddlers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheChiefNerd/status/1486245972858617862

We're now the trucker convoy country forever like Australia is the permanantly locked down country

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Noted Canada expert Theo Fleury.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Important to remember: Theo Fleury was molested growing up, had tons of concussions, and then did the whole Scarface pile of cocaine and washed it down with a year's production of Alberta Premium. The guy's mind is completely hosed in every possible sense; he's extremely, extremely mentally unwell and the fact that those close to him and Fox News don't see a problem with taking advantage of this man whose life has honestly been a really, really sad story in a lot of ways, sickens me.

I mean, holy gently caress, there's simply no way 1.4 million people (more than the entire city of Calgary) is driving to Ottawa. It's not a thing, it's the ramblings of a man who is very unfortunately completely disconnected from reality.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ottawa’s going to be packed when apparently 4% of the entire country shows up.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

And the line of vehicles would stretch from Ottawa to about Regina. Lol, why not go for broke and say 1.4 billion Canadians are driving to Ottawa. Rings about as true.

E: 50k transport trucks lined up would be like 1000km long. These numbers are glorious.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 26, 2022

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Trudope will be arrested any day now. Just wait.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I love how these idiots say their freedom is compromised. Umm, what loving lockdowns has Canada even done? Can't go to the movies? OH NO.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

lmao they need to keep telling people the number of truckers is increasing because paying each trucker $20 is the only way the gofundme grift will actually work.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Vintersorg posted:

I love how these idiots say their freedom is compromised. Umm, what loving lockdowns has Canada even done? Can't go to the movies? OH NO.

Also it's the US saying they can't come in :ssh:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

This fucker coked himself into being Ralph Wiggum. Amazing stuff.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

Uh, sometimes restaurants are closed to indoor dining, and uh, I can't go to the gym for a month.

The tyranny is palpable.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

PT6A posted:

The guy's mind is completely hosed in every possible sense; he's extremely, extremely mentally unwell and the fact that those close to him and Fox News don't see a problem with taking advantage of this man whose life has honestly been a really, really sad story in a lot of ways, sickens me.

look there's only so long you can go reporting about kanye before you get bored and need to find another one like him

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

flakeloaf posted:

look there's only so long you can go reporting about kanye before you get bored and need to find another one like him

Kanye was way more entertaining, putting his grammy in the toilet and doing a wee on it and such. Even nuts, he is a born showman. Fleury is just a moron.

Alizee
Mar 2, 2006

"Heaven"

infernal machines posted:

Uh, sometimes restaurants are closed to indoor dining, and uh, I can't go to the gym for a month.

The tyranny is palpable.

Hey now, gyms and sports facilities being closed when you live in a frozen tundra without any sunlight and recently got 40cm of snow loving sucks. Just sayin.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sure it does, I don't disagree. There's nothing I'd like to do more than meet a friend for dinner and drinks instead of hiding indoors for four months only leaving the house for work, but apparently that's not in the cards right now.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Can't you go to your friends house

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

infernal machines posted:

Sure it does, I don't disagree. There's nothing I'd like to do more than meet a friend for dinner and drinks instead of hiding indoors for four months only leaving the house for work, but apparently that's not in the cards right now.

Look at this guy, leaving the house for work

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Fried Watermelon posted:

Can't you go to your friends house

This is Toronto, people live in tiny boxes and frequently like to go elsewhere to socialize and relax.

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Look at this guy, leaving the house for work

I mean that's the only time I leave the house, not that it happens that often. Grocery shopping too, I suppose, but that's all on the block I live on, so it hardly counts.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Don't

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Stop

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Believin'

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:
Hold on

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Hammer time!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The official CPI index increase was 3.4% for 2021, meaning the cuts to AISH by de-indexing it to inflation is now $153/month.

Without increasing what people receive, and clawing back every dollar of CPP-D increases, the government is spending around $1.5m less per month on AISH

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Powershift posted:

The official CPI index increase was 3.4% for 2021, meaning the cuts to AISH by de-indexing it to inflation is now $153/month.

Without increasing what people receive, and clawing back every dollar of CPP-D increases, the government is spending around $1.5m less per month on AISH

Despicable. To call Jason Kenney an rear end in a top hat is an insult to assholes, which facilitate the necessary passage of waste.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Seems to be more of a blockage, really.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Other organizers could really learn a lot from these truck nuts. Plan a protest for two weeks away, and then get a few dozen people with twitter accounts to harass journalists and news outlet accounts constantly asking why they're not covering the protest that hasn't officially happened yet and then just say you're being silenced by Justin Trudeau personally as loudly as possible. Farm out a few bots to amp the hashtags and just say you have tons of support.

p.s. donate to my gofundme.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
I found a single aerial view from a tiktok from a plane flying over.
Being generous there were maybe 50 rigs plus a smattering of pickup trucks.

If there were even 1000 trucks involved you would think they would want to spread some images of that around. Meanwhile every image that I've seen is a close-in shot showing maybe 20 or so trucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Fidelitious posted:

I found a single aerial view from a tiktok from a plane flying over.
Being generous there were maybe 50 rigs plus a smattering of pickup trucks.

If there were even 1000 trucks involved you would think they would want to spread some images of that around. Meanwhile every image that I've seen is a close-in shot showing maybe 20 or so trucks.

Any idea how to find that? I want to laugh.