Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cugel
Jan 22, 2010
Can't teleport anymore, but the new halberd is very nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
By the way I was thinking of doing a stream for a few nights a week of a colony. While I'm doing 3 themed colonies for this LP, I thought why not do kinda like the first LP where I was doing a little of everything. This would work out nice for a stream where I can do votes right then and there. Not only that but I can show off a fluid ideology where we can change the ideology every now and then. I'll post when I start streaming, but I'm thinking of starting around 9 pm best coast time.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
E: What the gently caress I did not hit post

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Actually before I go out and make a mistake in being overeager on this, how about I hold up a vote *before* I stream, that way people can at least get a say in how the stream colony will start and I wont have to awkwardly hang around the menu waiting for people to show up? We need to pick a structure for the ideology:

For the most part the structure is mostly how the ideology structures will look. However a few have some noted game changers

Eldritch Cult will be based on having corruption in the colony and our colonists will often have mood breaks but get big bonuses after the mood break

Hedonist unlocks the orgy ritual

Buddhist or Hindu Origin will unlock the smokeleaf circle

Kemetic gets access to specific building styles and the master architect role

Serketists love insects

We'll need to pick one meme to start off the fluid ideology:

So there is a lot tot he memes here, the ones that are more gameplay changing are from the ideology expanded mod, so you can read the effects here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2636329500

We can only stick with 1, and will unlock more as the colony goes on and of course can always change them around. Right now we can't use the big changers, like cannibalism or tunnel living.

Then there is the question of where to embark, should I stick with a vanilla biome or embark on an alpha biome and get a little sneak peak on how those look?

I'll work out what kind of pawns to bring along depending on how our ideology and embark area looks. I'll stream at tomorrow so people can get their votes in.

Leal fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jan 25, 2022

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

throwing Serketist + insectoid supremacist out there, i wanna see bug friends

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
So...

How do you get your settlements to send you merchandise? I've finally got my settlements paying for themselves and I really need more people but can't figure this out.

Edit: An Eldritch cult with Madness and Biological Corrupters memes.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Corporate origin with the Anonymity meme, fully become the Invisible Hand warping hearts and mind as we please.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Eldritch, Gestalt and Biological Corruptors.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

BraveLittleToaster posted:

Corporate origin with the Anonymity meme, fully become the Invisible Hand warping hearts and mind as we please.

I think Anonymity stops you from recruiting prisoners...or it did on my playthrough

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Deadmeat5150 posted:

So...

How do you get your settlements to send you merchandise? I've finally got my settlements paying for themselves and I really need more people but can't figure this out.

Edit: An Eldritch cult with Madness and Biological Corrupters memes.

On the part where you can add/remove workers on each resource there is a red X, clicking on it will turn it to a green checkmark and will tithe that resource. Then click on the gear and first click "disable all" because for some reason it has everyone enabled by default. Then click on the resources you want sent to you.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

someone awful. posted:

throwing Serketist + insectoid supremacist out there, i wanna see bug friends

Bug friends!

Golden Dragon
Apr 9, 2007

Always speak politely to an enraged Dragon
These viking ladies getting powerful!

Also, voting for Eldritch

cugel
Jan 22, 2010
Kemetic and City builders.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Leal posted:

On the part where you can add/remove workers on each resource there is a red X, clicking on it will turn it to a green checkmark and will tithe that resource. Then click on the gear and first click "disable all" because for some reason it has everyone enabled by default. Then click on the resources you want sent to you.

Ohhhhhhhhhh I feel dumb.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Alright looking at the votes I'm thinking we can (at least for the start) do some kind of bug elderich horror corruptor thing. I'll start getting things ready before the stream in roughly half an hour, probably gonna embark on an ocular forest with some open caves in it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://twitch.tv/lealsa

Let's do this!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Shoulda went with the trader run

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Here is the VOD, I want to do a proper highlight video tomorrow. Some notes:

The game just decided it wasn't going to spawn one of my pawns. This pawn happened to be my grower and my better marksman
The biome I embarked at doesn't have much big game, most of the wildlife simply do not provide any meat when slaughtered
The trees do not provide much wood, and its crappy wood besides
I went hostile with the empire to get a pawn with asthma. Also they're a right dick

This colony is gonna be fun

Leal fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jan 26, 2022

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'll be streaming in another 45 minutes, was gonna do it at 9 again but my brother discovered Rust and I don't want to risk the poo poo he says being picked up by my mic. As for the next update, its slow going because the game is just... not being stable on that save. I'm talking load screens lasting 10 minutes and within an hour the game going 1fp5s even while paused. I've had to delete a few screenshots and commentary because the game couldn't even go 1 day without a crash where the autosave would kick in.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

that sounds... kind of bad! stay safe, cannibal friends :smith:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
And live!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
VOD for tonight. Randy is certainly not holding his punches here, especially the part where he spawned a few chocobos right where I just so happened to have a pawn near the edge and of course they're quick so they absolutely murdered my pawn.

This'll be it for my streams this week, I'll start up again next monday

Leal fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jan 27, 2022

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

The streams are fun, and the stream colony is a hot mess.

Things are finally turning around a little, though. :unsmith:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Legion of Tuke'vast 15

Why don't you loving call or visit anymore?!

You know I can't live without you delivering delicious manflesh!

Thanks for the berries.

With some prisoners laying around, some sapphires and gold I get enough honor to get KingDoom up to Baroness. Just need to make a harpsichord and some drapes. God that throne room is going to be crowded. Why did I build a second big rear end table in there?

Speaking of food, I set up more fertilizer on the other side of the river. The two outer plots are dedicated to rice, just one simply could not keep up with consumption. Well, thats more because the cooks would grab the rice required... and then make up the veggie nutrition with more rice, instead of something else :argh:

As for what is happening on the southern side, that little piece of land surrounded by water? We shall see....

About god drat ti- Wait why are there mechs mixed in there? No seriously, why am I getting mixed raids like this?

... Where the hell are you all going?

I sent NGDBSS out to try and snipe their rocket carries who were severely lagging behind. Hey, mission accomplished: They wasted their rockets! And what kind of damage did NGDBSS take being at ground zero of 5 rockets?

Yep... Yep...

They are taking the most god drat roundabout way to get to the colony because they are purposely avoiding the ballistae.

Wasting my god drat time :mad: Maybe I'll build some ballistae all around the colony, try to path around THAT!

Especially when you got some loving DICK with tranq grenades :mad: Now I have to go around collecting up all the dropped weapons and manually assign them back to everyone when they decide to wake up.

I added a guest bunk to the southwest, for a while I was turning the prisoner bunk into a temporary guest bunk. But now that I want to hold some prisoners for Empire tributes it was time to get in a guest bunk.

loving bring it :byodood:

loving leaping around all over the god drat place is NOT bringing it, I mean bring it to the fighters :argh:

How the gently caress am I supposed to fight these things that keep loving leaping every 2 seconds? They are leaping and doing AOE explosions on landing so much that my PC is going at 1 FPS. I dunno if thats the worst part or the part where they just do a move that makes a pawn undraft itself and run.

And then my game crashed so hard it loving took steam out with it. The wild thing is even with Cugel's concentrated weapon of "gently caress you" I couldn't bring a single demon down to even 80% HP. How the gently caress are you supposed to take those on when they're just leaping all over the place constantly, and within 3 game hours? Maybe if I can get them to sit still long enough to get hit with a stun ability....

And thats with them attacking the colonists, they also kept attacking the animals which destroyed the pens so the animals ran out and all over the place so the drat demons jumped all over the colony to hit them.

Have I mentioned that pyros enjoy holding incendiary weapons? Cause they do. See Bami is just too happy to rebel!

Time for King's promotion! Thankfully I can replace the harp with the harpischord, don't need both. Then I placed a drape made with wolf fur and another made with elephant fur. I didn't have enough gallatross leather, you see.

It turns out a Baroness does need a grand meditation throne, so good thing I got on that. King now wants a drape in their bedroom as well, guess its a good thing I got a ton of elephant leather. Oh and now King can trade with Empire affiliated orbital traders. Sadly no psylink upgrade :(

For king's permit point I get the glitterworld med drop. May as well!

I go ahead and pay an ally to tell me where a persona core is at. Not for persona bonding but I do have something else I need a core for...

Wow they really do have 11 turrets here.

My good pirate, do you take me for a fool? NGDBSS eats 5 rockets and only gets a mild burn from it! You think your single mortar will fare better?

Mortaring mad poo poo for someone in explosive satchel distance :sickos:

And a single shot from NGDBSS on a turret sets it to explode.

Cugel decap count: 3. I then get NGDBSS to shoot out the batteries to shut down all the turrets. After that its a simple waltz into the building to swipe the core.

Oh dear, an "ambush". You only brought 6?

Though this may be an issue. Was hoping to keep these little guys hidden until another playthrough, these are exploding slimes from Slime Rancher.

And uh, TG here decided it would be smart to ride this exploding slime :v:

More bodies to bring home!

What do you think the tourists who visit a cannibal colony say when they get home? "Sure you see some questionable stuff if you go near their kitchen, but they do offer some delicious stews!"

Layla lover count: 3. Now while Godna has a positive moodlet for having Layla as a lover...

They have -3 mood for being in a monogamous relationship :haw:

I built an Aurora Core, part of a mod that adds extra shield belts. You need to build one to be able to research those shields. It also gives +10% research speed to the bench.

Cugel had an inspiration and produced a legendary bed for SomeoneAwful. This baby has 157% rest effectiveness, without any end tables or dressers!

Holy poo poo the pope himself is part of the faith!

I've plowed the little inlet and am growing wasabi on it. Wasabi requires 20 tiles of water around it, otherwise it gets severe growing penalties. Wasabi is of course a condiment. The go juice isn't working out cause I don't want to dedicate farming for psychoid and then turning all of that into yayo, then turning that into go-juice for stock. Traders can't keep up with the consumption either. So hey, what can show how hardcore these vikings are than to eat wasabi?

Also I get to make "Heeeey wasaaaabi?" jokes.

God drat our warehouses are a mess. Anyways I put a butcher table in here for the sole purpose of making fertilizer, so pawns aren't having to go all the way over here to grab stuff and then walk all the way back to the fridge. Also maybe not the best idea to cut your meat on the same table crap and dirt are combined.

Oh dear god WHAT :gonk:

Oh god it had all those creatures in it. And they all came out with a wet sounding splurt :gonk:

Er, that is some serious overkill, no?

Seriously you needed 14 people for THIS? Wait, why is that one already injured?

Oh wow, this poor sucker. They survived attacking the colony and now we're back!

I'm actually jealous of this map layout, I'd love to have a colony in here.

God this was so one sided. Really the annoying thing is that doing this removed all 14 colonist's bedrooms so I had to go around and make sure King kept their room and couples got into the same bedroom again.

Dammit, 1 honor short of becoming Countess :negative:

I was really hoping these drop pods would've been a siege :saddumb:

:stare: God drat Slaan, that barrage ability is bonkers.

God this is such a clusterfuck. The crazy thing is I'll try to use movement abilities to get a few people in the back.. just to realize that isn't the back and another 10 mechs come crashing in.

Oh poo poo, a bunch popped up from behind too!

And then you got these exploding assholes that keep setting everyone on fire.

Setting my drat bridge on fire :argh:

This does make me excited for the Hedonist playthrough though, what with the metric assload of mechs that get dropped and the parts they drop.

Have I shown off a legendary staballoy chainmail? God loving drat. Guess Calamitous will be putting this on and giving the masterwork one they had on to BLT, who is still wearing a bronze chainmail. Yes, there are still colonists wearing that. That goes to show how long it takes to make these.

And what exactly are you trying to say :raise:

Hhhhhhrrrrmmmmm....

Gaston is on all 4 quadrums of the Tuke'vast calendar :wiggle:

It's funny cause he is a time wizard

Please, humans. Send me human raids :negative:

Meet the catapult battery. I decided to place them more center of the colony as they do have a rather sizeable range minimum. Also note how empty some of the soup cookers are. Whats the point of building those last 4 when we never have enough manflesh coming in to keep the soups going :negative:

Holy poo poo, look at the size of that thing. And its just the torso? I went to look up if there was a mecha mod for this game and uh... There is :nws: big ol' titty catgirl mechas

Dear loving god Cugel just kill him already :gonk: :gonk: :gonk:

Whats hosed up is that right hand injury became a right shoulder injury because it was chopped off, before enough blood was bled out for death to mercifully come.

Huh, a pod crashed with an animal and I ignored it cause this isn't the animal run. What joined?

Oh hey, thats neat that the alpha animals mod has these showing up even though I completely cut the rimsenal stuff. Whats another metal as hell hound for the colony?

Jewelry wont catch on fire so I cant really dispose of tainted jewelry... until now. Since Gaston wont be randomly turning hostile I have him learn accelerate time. Now we can break down stuff! I really should build some mana wells so Gaston and Calamitous can store mana in them, Gaston is spending himself dry fixing up everyone's equipment and breaking down this other stuff.

And finally we can get the final relic, a crypto shield. Remember how I installed a viking mod that adds a bunch of crypto viking stuff? And how you can only find it through the burial sites? Good times...

"I got a bottle of mead... I can definitely take out everyone!"

Lockjaws? You're gonna send 34 people who can't open their mouths at me? That scroll in the third option though....

I know what to do with this....

Oh and hey, another year passed by :toot:

Once again, no animals showed up :negative:

... Huh, apparently one of the merchant's horses got attacked by a fox and bled to death. Guess I can sell this crap, and there is a map behind the arcade machine. There is also a droid kit here... but why use machines when we have vikings *hides android colonists*

Poor Senrath, had a horse bleeding all over their house. Also King barged in to use their table to read the map. The map reveals a bandit camp of 36 bandits nearby. Manflesh

Oh thats what a lockjaw is. I feel like if you got bit by one of these, lockjaw is the last of your worries.

One of the mercenaries sent was a psionic, who has the ability to cause a psionic shower over an area. While this is happening they just... vanish. They SHOULD be in that tower with the other 2 mercenaries. The psionic class' abilities are:

Psionic Augmentation will passively buff the psionic, and there are 3 different skills to buff different things, and you can have them all. Two of the combat buffs only work if the psionic is unarmed, which can let them knock back or stun opponents and the other has the psionic leap forward and unleash energy on impact. The third combat ability, can be used while armed, will passively damage targets at least 5 cells away. Two passive abilities will increase movement speed and the other manipulation

Psionic Barrier will put up a shield around the psionic that can deflect shots, but use up psionic energy. The psionic cannot act while using this shield

Psionic Blast will fire several psionic projectiles at a target, the more energy they have the more projectiles are fired

Psionic Dash will have the psionic run forward and unleash an AOE for each step taken.

Psionic Storm showers a sizeable area with psionic blasts.

I did think about maybe having King be a psionic, I can get this person to write on a book while they're under my control. However the psionic class takes a sizeable hit to all social abilities, negotiation and trade, and with those augments only working if unarmed... yeah, gonna stick with Mystic.

Now for that scroll....

Tada! Removing the ballistae and filling in that chemfuel pit...

And tada, a natural hot spring! Like the sauna, this can help pawns heal up and is a joy source. I would've placed this where the sauna is but its a whopping 8 tiles wide. Not only do pawns heal faster in the tub, they get an effect added that increases healing by 25% for a bit after they leave.

This is a stand alone mod of the hot spring, its originally part of the Kijin race mod. They're basically demonkin. Also they have some huge bullshit where their punches can set people on fire, and they get bows that can do the same. There is also events in that mod where they just spawn on top of a pawn's bed. I once had 3 of them do that, punch the pawn and set them on fire, then punched the rest of the furniture and setting it all on fire. gently caress Kijin.

Oh my god winter has hit and the Wasabi is dying and you apparently only get 1 wasabi per crop and it takes 10 to make a paste why do you gotta be like this game. I wake Gaston up and have to have him manually harvest every crop cause he keeps wanting to stop and eat. There are more important things going on right now Gaston!

I did manage to get a very nice amount of wasabi though. Even if that only works out to 6 cups of paste.

Some pretty metal art on a rug for Chaos. Should keep an eye out for some art neurotrainers, Dervin is the only one pumping out any decorations and with how long it takes to make sculptures or rugs....

Though I did get a laser scultping table research to help speed Dervin along. This is a mod, in base game you're going to take a week to make a sculpture and you will like it!

Oooh, I heard there was 34 sacks of manflesh here, but gibbets with more food? Also what the hell are those trees?

Neat, these are what should be in the mechanoid intrusion bioms IIRC.

Wait why are there a bunch of androids here? Well uh... Guess we'll just hold on back and let them do their thing....

I mean, android meat is also considered manflesh :sickos:

Slaan does pitch in with a barrage.

The temperature is ya'll are leaving? You can't even be good cannon fodder :argh:

I may still be able to get some unwitting help in this fight though....

This, THIS is why you want psylinks. Being able to send enemies in a berserk? And this isn't even King's final form, just wait till I get psylink 6. While it is really cheap psyfocus wise (only 4%!) it does generate 40 heat per cast, and King's max heat level is 88.

Can't wait to drag this all back home :sickos:

Leal fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 28, 2022

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Can anyone truly stop a colony of cannibal vikings with a time wizard? The raiding parties fear finding you. They are right to.

The game's been slacking on pawn relationship drama lately.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Well that's because no one talks through relationship drama in a caring but practical fashion to find real solutions like Gaston!

Because he can just groundhog day it until he says the right thing :ssh:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Slaan posted:

Well that's because no one talks through relationship drama in a caring but practical fashion to find real solutions like Gaston!

Because he can just groundhog day it until he says the right thing :ssh:

gaston is the new life is strange protagonist

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

No one does a story arc like Gaston!

Golden Dragon
Apr 9, 2007

Always speak politely to an enraged Dragon
Such a shame all these fine food establishments stopped delivering and are forcing you to do take out.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Far too many negative Yelp reviews.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah but i don't know why. I hear the soup is to die for :shrug:

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
You keep getting mixed raids because those are amalgamated pirate bands. You have a mod that creates a faction that smushes everything together and sometimes throws it at you. Officially the mechanoids are meant to have been hacked and repurposed as cannon fodder.

Oh, and talking about mods, get the vanilla expanded ancients one and go crazy with the super soldier stuff. Who cares about armour when you have a pawn who cannot be hit in melee (literally, they automatically dodge every attack) and who turns all incoming damage into blunt damage? and also ignores blunt damage? or fires death rays? or can survive in +1000 degree temperatures?

cugel
Jan 22, 2010

King Doom posted:

Oh, and talking about mods, get the vanilla expanded ancients one and go crazy with the super soldier stuff. Who cares about armour when you have a pawn who cannot be hit in melee (literally, they automatically dodge every attack) and who turns all incoming damage into blunt damage? and also ignores blunt damage? or fires death rays? or can survive in +1000 degree temperatures?

Seconding this.

ChaosDragon
Jul 13, 2014
So what the body count so far?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I have thought really hard about the ancients expanded mod. Maybe I can add it to the stream playthrough as that is trending towards a "live underground" colony. Don't know how well it'll work out with adding midsave. But there is also the issue that I got so many mods going on with their own events that I'm just not seeing certain events, like with whats going on with this viking colony. Still haven't seen any tomb quests, there is more than the crypto axe for weapons and there is heavy crypto armor but I have yet to see them. I mean hell, this colony has gone on this long and there has yet to be a volcanic winter or a nuclear fallout?

ChaosDragon posted:

So what the body count so far?

Over a thousand :toot:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I've been struggling all night to figure out how to get my save stable and I discovered the issue: The save file is 1.3 gigabytes!. I tried to fix this by editing the save file but its so loving big that my PC just cannot handle having the file open, and search was useless. I had to download runtime CG to delete a bunch of pawns...

Now the game actually loads up in less than 20 minutes and when I click exit game it actually exits instead of hanging!

cugel
Jan 22, 2010

Leal posted:

I have thought really hard about the ancients expanded mod. Maybe I can add it to the stream playthrough as that is trending towards a "live underground" colony. Don't know how well it'll work out with adding midsave.

Short answer: It should work fine.

Long answer: I don't feel it mix well with rim of magic. The solo vault start is probably best suited to showing it off. You can chain vault exploration one after another if you know what you are doing, so you can avoid the no viking tomb problem the legion is having. Cheating yourself the superpower of hacking for your first pawn can be really helpful

Leal posted:

I've been struggling all night to figure out how to get my save stable and I discovered the issue: The save file is 1.3 gigabytes!. I tried to fix this by editing the save file but its so loving big that my PC just cannot handle having the file open, and search was useless. I had to download runtime CG to delete a bunch of pawns...

I had a game so bloated with dead pawn that it made runtime GC just hang doing nothing when I clicked the delete pawn button.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
what exactly is runtime cg, where do you get it and how do you use it to clean files?

edit: Runtime GC, helps if I try spelling it properly when looking for something.

King Doom fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 29, 2022

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Legion of Tuke'vast 16

Its dawning on me that its gonna take like a full day to butcher all these bodies, and then another 2 days to head back home. I wonder if all this meat will even last the trip....

At this point I'm more concerned about the manflesh than the rewards from quests. But of course the outpost is 3 days away... one way. I would say I regret not getting the empire shuttle permit, but I can only use that once every 45 days.

Someone crash landed nearby and I ignored them. They managed to survive, stand back up and then had a mental break and now they're walking around the colony babbling paranoid babbles.

Why does everyone/thing want to kill SilentSnack :(

Speaking of animals, I have a mod for an invisible animal sleeping spot that doesn't have placement restrictions, so I've placed one on Layla's bed so Heretic can sleep at the foot of her bed (remember they have a bond)

Dervin has made a monument, this baby gives over a thousand beauty. What better way to make the altar look nice?

And looks like Cugel gets a rug for their own room. This really does help me in knowing which house belongs to who when the beds get unassigned when colonists sleep off the map. And it seems Dervin sticks with a certain theme of all their art...

Well isn't that nice!

THIS on the other hand. Why the hell are you attacking big game, arctic lion 1 :psyduck:

I mean, I GUESS you won. On the other hand you're about to bleed to death until Gaston runs over and reverses time.

I put in a mod that adds carvings that you can do on walls, but thats only for smoothed stone walls. It also adds other things that have engravings like pillars, which I am gonna see if they form a wall. They do enclose the building, but if it looks all weird I probably wont go through with it. I will put down some flooring under it to remove that dirt patch.

Also again, Dervin making art on killing.

Please, no more loving mechoids :negative:

Besides the amount of mechoids already dropped here, there are 5 mech capsules ready to release more upon activation, 3 assemblers that is gonna build more mechoids and a mech crop beacon. And they have a shield that'll block aerial projectiles fired towards the group. Oh and there is a climate adjuster that'll fire up in 5 days that will make it 10 degrees colder.

The timer on this cluster is 7 days though, so I'll hold off for a bit.

Cause I'll be pumping out some of these. There are a few extra shields I can make from a mod, these phased shield belts will regenerate faster than regular shields. I can also make a modulated shield belt that will let the wearer fire weapons while wearing one. Then there are layered shields that will have multiple shields that are low powered, but are meant to absorb single, strong shots. To make these you need plasteel, components and high density hex cells, which themselves require component, plasteel, silver and gold

While that is happening, I have Vichan and SomeoneAwful head over to this expo, which is a science fair. Expos are neat little things where you send some pawns to compete and are based on a skill, in this case its intellectual. If you succeed you get some rewards, even failure will give some XP in the skill used.

Huh, haven't seen this item before.

Huh, thats cool. I'll need to see how big the range is, but I'm sure this will be chucked near the feasting hall.

A price increase on apparel you say? Well I do happen to have a bunch of cowbay hats laying around...

Also obligatory very NICE goodwill number.

Alright let's start something. King has taken Dervin's jetpack, thrown a ward against evil on themselves and is setting up to use berserk on the hardest looking mother fucker in this cluster...

:getin:

I then berserk a carpenter and have King jetpack away

Jesus loving christ, one of the siege turrets just nuked one of the towers. I can't sit back and let the mechoids come to me, I gotta run out to them.

Keep moving up!

Some mechoids headed to the other bridge so Chaos and SomeoneAwful has been holding it. Except that one jackass carpenter that wants to run on off. I have Someone use grapple to bring it back

King got all their psychic energy back and their psyheat has cooled off, so I got them to jet back over to throw more berserk around on the siegebreakers.

Bless the animals, just rushing over to bring the destroyed mechoids back for processing.

Pushing right on up to take out those turrets. Shame they got so many fire ones, what with the rain and all.

gently caress 'em up Jesse :byodood:

I had to rebuild a few of the archer towers but thankfully it doesn't look like anything else got destroyed. King did get pretty hosed up but remember, meditation. Heals EVERYTHING.

... I spent over 200 silver for you to bring a caravan over and the best you can bring is 700 silver to buy a single suit of chainmail :argh:

The faction leveled up again. Remember the faction? I grab the trait that wont have any of my buildings be destroyed on a failed defense, it can still happen despite having such a high military score.

And then some traders showed up who are hostile to the traders who are already here and they start a fight. Fantastic. This is dumb because it means you get a bunch of free trader stuff which is OP. Yes I am aware of the irony here.

But when they start throwing grenades and poo poo at each other? Why can't I enforce a "Don't start poo poo" policy for traders? Not only did they destroy some walls but this also cut power and sewage to the entire west side of the colony.

Oh and one of these was the royal tribute collector. King is currently out of the colony but I was hoping I could've transport pod shot them back home to get that final honor. Now thats out the window as they all packed up and left. I'm gonna let everyone bleed to death and eat them for their transgressions.

My war party arrived at the bandit outpost and what the hell is wrong with everyone's bodies? Half the pawns aren't rendering. I hit the screenshot key and then my PC freaked the gently caress out, the screens went black multiple times and then spat out some error at me but thankfully it kept the shot. I did restart my PC after that though....

There we go, everything is back to normal. Including that loving spell :byodood:

I start using drop pods to drop in a few materials to make a launcher and pod here so I can more quickly shoot the food back to base.

Could've worked on the landing. Oh well.

Good thing I got a bunch of spare houses now. Why can't everyone be as happy as Slaan and Gaston?

Another day, another village to massacre for the sake of our relic. Slaan currently has on one of those modulated shield belts, letting them shoot while protecting themselves.

Slaan also continues to hold their number 1 title in being the most deadly Tuke'vastite. It was at this time I realized I didn't bring someone with cooking skill, so I launch Chaos on over.

I had Dervin make a relief, which works like a wall. Sadly the pillars don't look like walls when connected so I went with these. Now the next conundrum: These are 3 tiles wide. The feast hall wont cleanly fit reliefs on all sides. Well that and it costs 450 ironwood to make a single relief. Ah well.

:getin: Sure, everyone has a set of gallatross, fenrir or thrumbo leather armor on. But I can still use those horns for more thrumbows.

Its nice to have an execution where everyone is properly sitting on a pew, instead of standing in some random location.

Almost forgot about this. If I place it here it can effect both the feasting hall AND the altar. The most happiest god drat vikings you'll ever meet.

I was checking moods and saw this on Gaston :razz:

During that village fight someone burned King's and Slaan's eyes, I assumed these would wear off but it seems like they're actual scars. Thankfully King can use their own light to heal their eyes, kinda like Jesus.

Night raid on a bandit camp and hoo boy, this is awkward.

:(

I'm really not digging these "Requires this many colonists" quests....

I feel so vulnerable :ohdear:

Just wanted to show off everyone in their cool pink capes. Except those in the crypto armor. Still undecided if I'll just take those off...

...Well that is just rude. Well, it would be rude if I didn't have a colony of pure strain poo poo wreckers.

Holy poo poo a FEAST in the FEASTING HALL?! Wow what a crazy idea!

... Wait hold up we only got 40 meals :negative:

But hey, as we drop down to 27 remaining meals Senrath and Drakenel hook up. And what luck, Drakenel has a 2 person bed already!

And during this time of merriment Bami decides she is going to BURN THE PRISONERS ALIVE

Bami no I need them alive for honor and executions for more meat!

This feast is an absolute poo poo show.

Drakenel drinks so much they pass out and Cugel just sits on them while shoving more sushi down their mouth.

But it looks like our food problems might be getting solved....

Well, assuming Slaan doesn't finish the hack before a raid shows up. Besides hacking this we will also need to protect it, when those raids do show up they target the space craft.

Dear god, a human raid on the colony. Its... its so beautiful.

Brings a tear to my eye!

Even MORE manflesh?!

...You know, a raid every 8 hours isn't as great as it sounds. I can't even get my pawns to eat or sleep.

Gonna offload some of this off the settlement's militaries. Trying to get Slaan to hack it while this is all going down cause jeeze, they really should've made it like every 12 hours. Really it isn't even the raids, its just that each time they come in they shoot the poo poo out of the shuttle until I can manage to either slowly march along the river or go all the way around on the bridge.

Vichan finishes the hack and oh god its gonna blow!

Its a rather wimpy explosion though, and Vichan had 30 seconds to get clear.

But we all know what the REAL reward is :sickos:

I have what? Is the game telling me there is too much crap on the ground? Thankfully a bulk goods trader from our empire just happened to wander on so I could offload the hundreds of tainted apparel onto them.

Look at that, all the soup pots full and all that human meat waiting to be used!

Monument quests are a conundrum. Either they come in early where you don't have the materials and labor to spare building it, but then late game the materials needed are so vastly inflated that it isn't worth bothering. Nearly 13 thousand blocks.... get out of here!

So another complex hack site happened and I figured it would be rather ho hum like the rest. Except this one had a room full of insects, an infestation happened and there are a bunch of mechoids running around as well. Oh and there is poo poo on fire.

And that isn't accounting for all the ones running around outside. Good lord why are there so many things in this complex? Not only that, I need to hack 6 terminals in total.

It doesn't help that half the complex is made out of steel walls so every room is on fire

A trader had a compact weapon techprint, which let me research the venom weapons and give King a venom filled canine. You thought these cannibals would only bite manflesh after death? Think again!

Now, why haven't I been going hard in bionics like the last LP? I mean... do I *really* need to do that with this colony?

I'm slowly swapping out the walls with reliefs. Chaos' origins: Killing a man.

One of Senrath making a bonding core. But making a bonding core this recently? That is because...

... wait, why does this have worse armor penetration? This WAS gonna go to Veloxyll, but the laser sword they have now has over 100% armor penetration. Also the trait here gives psyfocus on killing, but Veloxyll doesn't have a psylink and I'd rather get King their final honor point.

.... Hrmm... King...

Time to see if 2 kill focus persona weapons will stack! Also I got King a farskip psytrainer. Farskip is great, especially since King should ideally get a full psyfocus bar after each fight. This will let me transport anyone near King to any other place on the planet that has other friendlies, say back home. You can also use this in a caravan to teleport everyone and everything right back home. Its great.

Time to test the double psyfocus on kill!

Looks like thats a positive! And I don't know why I didn't think of doing this earlier to get King's psyfocus full. And now I can get psyfocus really easily....

I can be free to use this :getin: It gave Calamitous a creativity inspiration.

I'm sure Slaan will enjoy this :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosDragon
Jul 13, 2014
Why am I killing poo poo in a Cowardly way?