Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Is there some kind of optimisation guide for WH2? I love the game but the load times, especially in the campaign, absolutely kill it for me.

Super excited about this one if I can ever afford a computer that can run it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I guess I'll get the obvious question out of the way: Is it on an SSD or a HDD? If it's on the latter then you're poo poo out of luck with load times. If it's on an SSD then I dunno. Got something running in the background that's hogging resources or an old CPU?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I guess I'll get the obvious question out of the way: Is it on an SSD or a HDD? If it's on the latter then you're poo poo out of luck with load times. If it's on an SSD then I dunno. Got something running in the background that's hogging resources or an old CPU?

SSD thankfully. I don't think I run anything in the background. I tried closing all browsers and stuff beforehand, didn't really seem to make a difference. It doesn't make it unplayable, just less fun than it might be otherwise. I just remembered that M2TW and Rome both ran like poo poo no matter what you had if you didn't turn grass off. I just thought there might be a similar thing for this one.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/sdfr2x/nurglings_have_the_best_audio_and_animations/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

:allears: Nurglings :allears:

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Oh my loving God, I love them

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Are there rules for how and when an Elf dies of old age?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They live as long as the plot demands and important characters are functionally immortal

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Snowman_McK posted:

SSD thankfully. I don't think I run anything in the background. I tried closing all browsers and stuff beforehand, didn't really seem to make a difference. It doesn't make it unplayable, just less fun than it might be otherwise. I just remembered that M2TW and Rome both ran like poo poo no matter what you had if you didn't turn grass off. I just thought there might be a similar thing for this one.

Oh right. Sorry I thought you were talking about end turn time. It's been a while since I played but IIRC the battles do take a while to load. You probably have normal load times.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

As someone who has an HDD, post-battle is laundry folding time. I really should upgrade for 3.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Baron Porkface posted:

Functionally immortal. "Normal" elves can live for several thousand years if they don't get stabbed to death, and if you're a magical enough elf you basically can't die of old age. Malekith was about 7000 years old when the end times happened, and Morathi was at least several hundred years older than that.

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Oh right. Sorry I thought you were talking about end turn time. It's been a while since I played but IIRC the battles do take a while to load. You probably have normal load times.

In my experience the game handles alt-tabbing very gracefully, so I just tab away while the loading screen is up. This can make ambush battles a little tricky if I'm not paying attention.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Baron Porkface posted:

No elf has died of old age. This is the way.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

god multiple empire stacks just make mincemeat of Chaos don't they? helstorms leave nothing standing and the variety of magic means you can just really lay down the hurt before they even get a chance to close

i wonder how Dwarfs do

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Just a crazy wild rear end guess... But I wonder if/when we get closer to TW:RotTK 2, if GW would let them cross the streams and feature a couple generals. Just for the sheer WTFery of Grimgor vs Lu Bu

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I don't know if CA would let the mod stay on the workshop but IIRC pulling the model out from 3K and putting it into Warhammer might be very doable. I don't know about animations but you could easily just assign the model some other hero's animations. There's a mod for Roman units for 3K that I think uses RTW2 models.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

god multiple empire stacks just make mincemeat of Chaos don't they? helstorms leave nothing standing and the variety of magic means you can just really lay down the hurt before they even get a chance to close

i wonder how Dwarfs do

I had an end game Thorek stack up there with most of the buffs available in his campaign and the AI wouldn’t even approach the crossbow arcs so just milled about and died to grudge throwers.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Dr Christmas posted:

I vaguely remember some article post-Cathay reveal where they seemed to put the kibosh on expecting anything too crazy, like Ind or Nippon, in the foreseeable future. They haven't made big changes to the boundaries of the game map in the past as far as I know, so I am extremely doubtful they'd add anyone from outside them. It's why I don't expect Southern Realms or Dogs of War despite there being more written about them than Cathay.

The new surprise faction I'm expecting is the Kurgan or possibly both Kurgan and Hung. The Kurgan definitely fit on the map and would give CA an excuse for a second pass at Norsca. Also Nippon before Ind if CA are leading on the factions; CA already have the Shogun assets and a significant knowledge of Japan - plus "pop Japan" has a fairly big coherent identity.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Kanos posted:

Functionally immortal. "Normal" elves can live for several thousand years if they don't get stabbed to death, and if you're a magical enough elf you basically can't die of old age. Malekith was about 7000 years old when the end times happened, and Morathi was at least several hundred years older than that.

They're kinda exceptions though. Regular hams elves live longer than humans or dwarves but they do age and die. 1000 is like the elf version of 100, old but not unthinkable.

Also, does the thread not have any native russian speakers? If no I can ask my girlfriend to translate russian leaks, she's a warhammer nerd whose native language is russian and lives in the US, so pretty good at translating into how actual humans talk instead of bad machine translated leaks.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

I don't know if CA would let the mod stay on the workshop but IIRC pulling the model out from 3K and putting it into Warhammer might be very doable. I don't know about animations but you could easily just assign the model some other hero's animations. There's a mod for Roman units for 3K that I think uses RTW2 models.

Its the other way around. CA allows modders to use animations from other TW games but not models.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Looks like we're getting Nurgle content in about an hour

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

They're kinda exceptions though. Regular hams elves live longer than humans or dwarves but they do age and die. 1000 is like the elf version of 100, old but not unthinkable.

Also, does the thread not have any native russian speakers? If no I can ask my girlfriend to translate russian leaks, she's a warhammer nerd whose native language is russian and lives in the US, so pretty good at translating into how actual humans talk instead of bad machine translated leaks.

That'd be great, if only to see what the actual phrasing was for that particular statement :v:

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Kazzah posted:

Looks like we're getting Nurgle content in about an hour

As well as Tzeentch and multiplayer skirmish

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Chemtrailologist posted:

As someone who has an HDD, post-battle is laundry folding time. I really should upgrade for 3.

My first computer ran XP and had 1/2 the required RAM to do so, so loading anything took ages. Worst of all was Rome: TW, where I would start loading a fight and wander off to do my homework or playstation and come back in a half-hour to see if it had finished. No surprise that I ended up cheating to autoresolve everything as a victory in my first campaign win.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
When you ransom prisoners after a battle, do they rejoin their previous army or are they abstracted out? I basically never ransom because I don't want to strengthen the army I just beat, but I realized I could be throwing away a lot of money.

IIRC in older TWs prisoners would rejoin, but I suspect that may have changed.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It has no effect on the enemy army at all. It has diplomatic effects and I'm 99% sure nothing else beyond giving you money.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I bet that factions quote was about working with GW to create more old and new world factions to sprinkle around the uh.... east? And possibly eastern factions in the new/old worlds.

Like bowmen of Oreon in 2, that sort of thing

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Do we have any idea roughly when the immortal empires campaign aims to be released? I'm far more into that than the WH3 campaign tbh.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Months from now.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i wonder how Dwarfs do

I'm suddenly in the mood to see if I can stop the chaos invasion with just Belegar and his ghost dads fully rune'd and equipped with crafted items. I feel like it might be a coin flip but I know Ungrim can solo armies like that so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Many, many daemons do magic damage so I wouldn’t rely on ghosts tbh

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Kazzah posted:

The badlands will no longer be ruled by infinite blork stacks

The time of the infinite dragon prince stacks has begun

The trick to the Imrik campaign is to get the Caledor confederation, abandon all other settlements to move the capital to Vaul's Anvil, then re-colonize everything you abandoned. :thunk:

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://youtu.be/HzbElKJaUEY

Perfection

Really looking forward to the "Nurgling reacts..." video in the style of the Goblin and Skaven ones

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

So I made a mistake and bought the wrong Warhammer II DLC. If anyone wants and doesn't already have The Shadow and The Blade, hit me up in PMs.

And gone.

Radiation Cow fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jan 27, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Azran posted:

Nope, apparently it's a single settlement province owned by Lizardmen from what a content creator said. When Great Book of Grudges showed all the settlement maps there wasn't a single DE one.
I think in ME even if Malus takes those settlements they are Lizardman-looking settlements on the main map. Just like the main settlement in Albion. So I could see factions being on the map, even if they dont have any actual settlement maps.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Azran posted:

Something else that was mentioned in that interview is that races who were well represented in the lore but never had an army roster would be included in the game. I don't think any of the eastern footnote factions qualify in that regard. We could see something like a Dogs of War DLC that lets you play as the Southern Realms exclusively in the combined map though.

There are no Bretonnian, Tomb King, Vampire Coast, High Elf or Dark Elf settlements in the main campaign, sadly.

I would guess if they did Dogs of War it would be a full dlc race. They could easily be dropped in the middle of the campaign map with a horde style mode or something that doesnt require them to start in the southern realms

Speaking of DoW, the outpost and the build a demon mechanics really feel like they would be a good foundation for a mercenary troop style faction. It's not confirmed but I am convince they are going to be faction dlc somewhere down the line. Excited for a 19 halfling hotpots video

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Heads up, Turin's domination tournament is starting now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5T33kuLwLQ

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Nurgle roster closeup
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HCShpoNENeU

Even the on non-large Plaguebearer models, a Nurgling will occasionally pop out of an orifice to say hi :buddy:

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

The Nurgling bull-riding in the Exalted Great Unclean One's mace-chalice is hilarious

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Radiation Cow posted:

So I made a mistake and bought the wrong Warhammer II DLC. If anyone wants and doesn't already have The Shadow and The Blade, hit me up in PMs.

PM sent

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

AnEdgelord posted:

https://youtu.be/HzbElKJaUEY

Perfection

Really looking forward to the "Nurgling reacts..." video in the style of the Goblin and Skaven ones

Dr Christmas posted:

Nurgle roster closeup
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HCShpoNENeU

Even the on non-large Plaguebearer models, a Nurgling will occasionally pop out of an orifice to say hi :buddy:

I appreciate CA's commitment to making the entire roster unbelievably repulsive.