Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Either way it seems like a pointless distinction. If it can hook up a controller than use it if you want and if you don’t….dont

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
It has USB-C so you can just use an existing hub if you have one, it doesn't need a specialized dock to plug things in.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

anyway i've been trucking through death's door and it's super solid. so far i'm on a streak of solid B+/A- games with control, psychonauts 2, and now death's door. (not sure how i'd rate rdr2 yet).

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mozi posted:

It has USB-C so you can just use an existing hub if you have one, it doesn't need a specialized dock to plug things in.

Just be careful because the USB-C can support PD3 which cheaper USB-C hubs don't support. Also it also can be used as Display port 1.4 as well.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

CharlestheHammer posted:

Either way it seems like a pointless distinction. If it can hook up a controller than use it if you want and if you don’t….dont

I mean brushing aside the quibbling about terminology it will be less useful if the controls are rear end and you need to carry around a controller and a stand to use it:shrug:

Valve seems to be considering general usage not just hobbyists and the Steam Controller is decent if weird so I imagine it's not terrible but I'm not coming down one way or the other without actual reviews

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 27, 2022

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I can't exactly vouch for whatever "2game" is but it's on isthereanydeal and that usually means it's legit, so:

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=blasphemous

If you've ever been on the fence for some reason about Blasphemous, it's two freakin' dollars. It's extremely good and you should play it.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I've used 2game before, so far so good. That's a great price for Blasphemous.

I've played a little of Pupperazzi on Gamepass. You're an ambulatory camera and you have to take pictures of dogs to fulfil certain objectives. There's some very light puzzling of the 'explore the whole level and find secrets' kind. The game has a few areas that you can visit at different times of day to see different dogs doing different things. Sometimes the dogs wear hats and ride skateboards. Your camera-robot has an arm that can reach out and pet the dogs and they get <3 over their head and follow you a bit all happy. You can throw a stick for the dogs. It's fun.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

OzFactor posted:

Blasphemous, it's two freakin' dollars.

Guess that was an error? I'm seeing it as 6.25€ ($7).

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Any advice for not continually falling on your own face while playing Pathologic 2?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Saoshyant posted:

Guess that was an error? I'm seeing it as 6.25€ ($7).

That's weird. I clicked on it straight from OzFactor's isthereanydeal link and it still shows up at $2.12 for me but clicking your link has it at $6.25

CHOICE COD
Mar 11, 2007
Sometimes I'll eat money. Just to do it. Just to see how it feels. It feels good, it feels powerful.

OzFactor posted:

I can't exactly vouch for whatever "2game" is but it's on isthereanydeal and that usually means it's legit, so:

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=blasphemous

If you've ever been on the fence for some reason about Blasphemous, it's two freakin' dollars. It's extremely good and you should play it.

Buyer beware.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Time for a holiday?

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Well if moving out of the United States is what you have to do to save five dollars on a great video game, sometimes you just have to do it (it is also a great deal for $7, or $12, or even $20)

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I'm coming back to H:ZD after like three months away, and I've completely forgotten how to play. I remember using the ropecaster to tie bigger robots down, then getting a QTE thingie to crit them, but how am I supposed to tell when they're vulnerable to a big hit? I just spent like nine ropes killing a sawtooth, and that felt excessive.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Omi no Kami posted:

I'm coming back to H:ZD after like three months away, and I've completely forgotten how to play. I remember using the ropecaster to tie bigger robots down, then getting a QTE thingie to crit them, but how am I supposed to tell when they're vulnerable to a big hit? I just spent like nine ropes killing a sawtooth, and that felt excessive.

There's a circle that fills up to let you know when a machine is fully immobilized. Putting Handling mods on the Ropecaster improves the rate of fire and speed at which you can tie the big robots down. Using a critical hit against anything bigger than a Scrapper is generally a waste, however. If you want to know specifically what each machine is vulnerable to, then you should scan them with the Focus to highlight their weakpoints. Sawtooths for example are weak against Fire, and have a big blaze canister on their bellies that can be ignited for burning damage with fire arrows. Ripping off a machine's armor with tearblast arrows to open up their weakpoints is also necessary once you start going up against bigger machines.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

Ripping off a machine's armor with tearblast arrows to open up their weakpoints is also necessary once you start going up against bigger machines.

(Or hit them with the freeze status which disables the protective properties of their armor plates)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Freeze is super OP yeah. Definitely spend your first Crystal Braiding on buying a Carja Shadow Sling, I think they're available as early as Daytower.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
H:ZD equipment was so weird to me. The carja shadow tier iirc is the best one and is available immediately, though expensive. It was weird saving for a set, getting it, and then being like "alright, no more upgrades" for the majority of the game. And the armor bonuses were so lackluster. 5 points of physical defense or 5 points of fire defense? How about 5 points of corruption defense? I hope they make big changes in the sequel.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Eh, the gameplay was so much more interesting than the loot that I think they could have cut out the gear tiers entirely and it still would have worked. Certainly would have been nice if there had been less focus on crafting, it sucked.

E: HZD is basically a really solid action game with a bunch of open world mechanics that don't serve any purpose beyond grind and just being common to the genre.

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jan 27, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

In a move I didn't expect, Taiko no Tatsujin is on gamepass as of this morning. I guess this is playable with a normal controller?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Solar Ash has been disappointing - not because it's a bad game, but because it's definitely not what I wanted in a follow-up to Hyper Light Drifter :(

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Is anyone excited for Dying Light 2? I was deep in cRPG revival land when the first game came out and just never paid it much attention. Looking at some gameplay of this though is really appealing - I didn’t realize the game had so much apparent immersive sim DNA to it.

Anno fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jan 27, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Anno posted:

Is anyone excited for Dying Light 2? I was deep in cRPG revival land when the first game came out and I just never paid it much attention. Looking at some gameplay of this though is really appealing - I didn’t realize the game had so much apparent immersive sim DNA to it.

I absolutely loved Dying Light 1 but have been pretty much ignoring anything about DL2 since first hearing the announcement since it's been such a tumultuous dev cycle for this game. I'm really hoping it's good, I'll definitely be buying it if it's halfway decent, I've just kinda been intentionally avoiding details so I can be surprised if it turns out to be good and not that bummed if it turns out to suck.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I'm a bit worried they bit off more than they could chew.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

At the very least DL2 sounds super ambitious but I think I'd be more excited if the dev cycle wasn't so troubled and it was literally anything besides zombies. It's definitely a game I'd like to try later on though.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

It looked like zombie were a bit less of a focus

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah that's what made me more interested in the first place haha.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

how can the light still be dying

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

it's a metaphor for the dev team

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I loved DL1 and from some initial impressions of the second that I've seen it's apparently looking pretty darn good.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

I got Dying Light and Dying Light 2 for free with my new power supply so I'll be playing DL2.

I played through the main game of Dying Light a few weeks ago and the parkour system was quite fun when you got used to it. The story is nowhere near as good as the gameplay - it's all the zombie apocalypse cliches checked.

Is The Following DLC worth playing? I got the version of DL that has all the DLCs except "Hellraid" which is mostly negative on Steam so I'm probably not missing much.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Haven’t played it, but opinions seemed pretty split when I asked around. Some people love the gameplay changes, some people hate it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Superanos posted:

Is The Following DLC worth playing? I got the version of DL that has all the DLCs except "Hellraid" which is mostly negative on Steam so I'm probably not missing much.

There's mostly a car instead of parkour. Play it if that sounds neat.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Reviewers have evidently had full review copies for a while now for DL2. They can't show video but all impressions I've seen have been really good.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I hated the dying light DLC; running around the rooftops to avoid zombies in the early/mid game is some of the most fun stuff in that game imo. Starting in a new zone that is more or less totally flat with a car (that has some admittedly fun upgrades like electric fences and whatnot) kinda stinks because all the fun stuff like running around rooftops and using the grappling hook is more or less nullified because of the flattened out map.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Wow, apparently no guns whatsoever in DL2

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

But fear not, there’s a bow

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

While many people agree with the idea that a grappling hook makes every game better... in Dying Light it makes the game a little too easy. Escape from almost any situation with no issue, get to a rooftop immediately. There were some jumping puzzle rooms that you can just skip entirely with the grappling hook.

Their excuse for disabling it in some parts is funny. "You're exhausted and can't use grappling hook" but you can do every other parkour move and attack despite "exhaustion".

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Rinkles posted:

Wow, apparently no guns whatsoever in DL2

Honestly, that sounds great.

Superanos posted:

While many people agree with the idea that a grappling hook makes every game better... in Dying Light it makes the game a little too easy. Escape from almost any situation with no issue, get to a rooftop immediately. There were some jumping puzzle rooms that you can just skip entirely with the grappling hook.

Their excuse for disabling it in some parts is funny. "You're exhausted and can't use grappling hook" but you can do every other parkour move and attack despite "exhaustion".

It did completely break the game once you got it, you're right. It was satisfying in a way because you could now basically soar over groups of zombies and laugh at the stuff you used to get stuck on as you grapple straight up to it but losing that tension towards the latter half of the game did do a bit of a disservice imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Man I hate first-person parkour games. Of which there are two, but still.