Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I modded my DS Lite because it was as easy as buying a flash cart on Amazon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

nrook posted:

unfortunately the best banjo game, nuts & bolts, is unlikely to arrive on the nintendo switch

I have zero nostalgia for BK whatsoever, never played the originals, but I did play Nuts and Bolts for a bit back when it was released, and I absolutely loved making my own vehicles.

I still cite that game as one of the most vibrantly colourful games in existence. It's just beautiful.

Aside from nostalgia, why anyone would choose a collect-a-thon (BK, BT) over a collect-a-thon with 100% custom vehicles is beyond me :shrug:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You know this character you haven't heard of?

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1486700736478068745?t=kvwKbO_YFqp9DgQBX3eTqA&s=19

He's back

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I read that "Cow" even after seeing "K.O." in the next sentence before realizing I was dumb.

I actually hope it is "Cow," that would be a brave choice.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Apparently he had 4 games prior to this (I’ve never heard of any of them):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kao_the_Kangaroo

And based on the reviews/descriptions most of them sucked it seems so I’m not sure why they decided to revive this particular IP (then again, you could say the same for the Bubsy series)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jan 27, 2022

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It looks pretty enough if extremely generic

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Right alongside Jazz Jackrabbit and Buck Bumble.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I would play another buck bumble game

nostalgia, even for things that weren't great, is a powerful force

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Buck Bumble was the only game I returned to Blockbuster the night I rented it because it was so bad.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I've heard of him

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Buck Bumble is good and this from the wikipedia article is also good:

quote:

Praising the game's sound and graphics, he excused the fog because the game was "set in England".

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick: :slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

bump to the bump to the bump to the bass
bump to the bump to the bumble

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick: :slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think the title screen music is the only thing I remember about buck bumble

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's like Rogue Squadron but with even more fog.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

The Bloop posted:

It looks pretty enough if extremely generic

Yeah this is what I came away with as well. Looks like a very competently made, pretty, and extremely standard 3d platformer. A basic mascot platformer from the 00s

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Chekans 3 16 posted:

Without going into anything the review embargo dropped and it's getting pretty good reviews, performance issues but good gameplay and quality of life stuff. Excited since it's the first Pokemon game in a while that's really interested me.

i would implore anyone looking a t the reviews that are clearly by people who dont play pokemon and also didnt get very far in teh game, to read the ign italy review, as its by someone who loves the franchise and goes into depth about actually important things.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I will not be reading what an Italian thinks about anything. Good day.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

normally i would agree, howoever she makes good points, and its an actual review instead of two paragraphs of "it really makes you FEEL like a pokemon trainer"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

American McGay posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRkE_Gv6ALM

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

American McGay posted:

Vaffanculo

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

American McGay posted:

It's like Rogue Squadron but with even more fog.

Rogue Squadron was rad as hell at the time.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I will never forget jazz jackrabbit because he was the secret character in the greatest fighting game of all time, One Must Fall 2097.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Italians broadcast Tifa having sex in front of the Italian Senate and it was broadcast on their national tv, so I regret to inform you Italians are good now.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Fly Ricky posted:

It still is. Maybe the best star wars game ever. I only say maybe because I haven't played every single star war game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Rogue Leader is still, adjusted for when i saw it, the best looking game i've ever seen. it was one of the only times i had like a literal jaw drop at graphics lol

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Fly Ricky posted:

These games ruled and it annoys me that they've basically stopped being made entirely. More games where you fly planes and ships please; and less games where you walk around and shoot guns

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Polo-Rican posted:

These games ruled and it annoys me that they've basically stopped being made entirely. More games where you fly planes and ships please; and less games where you walk around and shoot guns
Guess what's gonna annoy you even more? Factor5 had a basically finished "Rogue Squadron Trilogy" for the Wii that remixed and remastered all the missions from the previous games, and it was cancelled.

Still crazy that nothing from that has ever leaked.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

American McGay posted:

Guess what's gonna annoy you even more? Factor5 had a basically finished "Rogue Squadron Trilogy" for the Wii that remixed and remastered all the missions from the previous games, and it was cancelled.

>:–(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
they should port them and also battle for naboo

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I will never forget jazz jackrabbit because he was the secret character in the greatest fighting game of all time, One Must Fall 2097.

I loving loved OMF2097. Where’s the remaster of that masterpiece? I wanna slam robots into electric fences again.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

If you love a brogue accent, these two gents talk about their time with the new Pokemon.

https://youtu.be/jrkYRtbJb_k

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

They should bring back the 7-Up games

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

American McGay posted:

You had all of the options in the world, regarding what to post, and you chose violence.

That is just (relatively) devastating to hear :negative:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HelloNewman posted:

there is some Mandela effect poo poo going on here with Cool Spot having elbow and knee bumps

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Oscar Wild posted:

It still is. Maybe the best star wars game ever. I only say maybe because I haven't played every single star war game

My condolences that you've never played TIE Fighter, XvT, or even XWA.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

American McGay posted:

What if the topic is jumping? You’d be a fool to not read an Italian’s take on jumping.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

HelloNewman posted:

I almost always forget 7up exists. I never see it advertised ever. But I think that's good. And sometimes I buy one in hopes that Cool Spot will get his residuals.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Is Cool Spot even still used as a mascot anymore?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I bought a Quest 2 almost entirely to play Squadrons in VR, because my inner 10 year old would kill himself in shame if he knew adult me had the option to disappear into a very realistic virtual reality simulation of Star Wars space battles and hadn't pursued it.

It's loving great and almost entirely worth the cost of entry, for which Half Life Alyx makes up the remainder.

If any of you other Star Wars nerds have the option you should also get on it. It's clearly been made with a lot of respect for the original Tie Fighter/X Wing Alliance games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

No. Cool Spot, gone crazy from failing to quench his thirst for the cool taste of 7-Up constantly promised at the end of each level but yanked away at the last moment, dies from drinking seawater during the credits.

The CEO of 7-Up Inc. at the time, Bob Dribbler, was so taken by the narrative that he declared Cool Spot's death canon. They sold a limited "in momoriam" run of 7UIp with sea salt that was quite frankly disgusting.