Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Cartoon Man posted:

Also, somebody figure out a new thread title that has Jawa Fucker in it.

Gives a whole new meaning to the AtoC line about wanting a cup of Jawa juice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Jawant me so bad

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

3) The transport Din takes to Tatooine
2) Din's Fast[er than light] & the Furious starfighter
1) Amy Sedaris and the Jawa

That's my ranking for sexiest ships of the episode.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Cartoon Man posted:

Friendly fixer fucks four foot furry Fett finders

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cartoon Man posted:

Star Wars TV Megathread: They gently caress Jawas Now?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lobok posted:

I like that Fennec's thing about hiring mercenaries "if you know where to look" so far means having Din just fall in their laps.

I think the construction montage implies that Mando has been on Tatooine for a couple of days at least and Fennec probably heard through her sources that Mando was in town before she even brought it up to Fett in the last episode.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Vinylshadow posted:

Star Wars TV Megathread: They gently caress Jawas Now?

But I Utinni from there…

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

Episode owned, I still don’t think Armorer lady is bad, she probably can guess that Din took his helmet off for a good reason. But it gives her a good excuse to send Din to the Mines of Moria Mandalore for next season’s plot. I don’t even think Heavy Weapons Mando guy is bad either, he just genuinely thought he was worthy of the Darksaber. Season 3 is gonna own so much.

I’m looking forward to seeing how this all wraps up. I have faith the final few episodes with Boba will own, Filoni hasn’t let us down overall yet. I still really like this spinoff, warts and all.

That was my take too. She’s a massively fundamentalist cult leader, and the guy standing in front of her is holding the most important relic in her cult, and the way he got it follows a prophecy he didn’t even know about.

So of course she needs to send him to the holiest place in her religion, right to the very heart of the planet they claim as their own, it’s probably writ right in the prophecy that The Mandalorian goes to the mines to atone for his sins, and she knew what his answer would be before she even asked about his helmet.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Arc Hammer posted:

I think the construction montage implies that Mando has been on Tatooine for a couple of days at least and Fennec probably heard through her sources that Mando was in town before she even brought it up to Fett in the last episode.

Whatever delivers Din to them is all good in my books. Even without this episode, you can imagine a joke at the end of last episode like

"You can find mercenaries if you know where to look." :smug:
"You mean Mos Eisley? The place full of mercenaries?"
"...yes."

Sammus posted:

That was my take too. She’s a massively fundamentalist cult leader, and the guy standing in front of her is holding the most important relic in her cult, and the way he got it follows a prophecy he didn’t even know about.

So of course she needs to send him to the holiest place in her religion, right to the very heart of the planet they claim as their own, it’s probably writ right in the prophecy that The Mandalorian goes to the mines to atone for his sins, and she knew what his answer would be before she even asked about his helmet.

Yeah, it was a weird thing to ask in that moment if she didn't already suspect something. Like maybe you would want to test the purity of each Mandalorian in a duel, sure, but you do it before the fight and not after if it has anything to do with disqualifying one of the duelists.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jan 27, 2022

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Cartoon Man posted:

I hosed the jawa, but I didn't gently caress no klatooine.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Grand Muff Jawas.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Gonz posted:

Mando needs to start showing up on cable and/or network TV shows, too.

Or Curse of Oak Island.

I'd sooo watch this... Hearing the annoying narrator say the line, "Could it be!?!? Beskar??? Excavated near what was thought to be the original entrance to the tunnel shaft???"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Sammus posted:

I laughed when the scenes jumped from Din being banished for not taking Mando School seriously enough, to him boarding a commercial airliner and relinquishing his Fated Dark Sword of Destiny to a TSA robot. Its like brother you better hope she doesnt find out about this too!!!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Lobok posted:

I like that Fennec's thing about hiring mercenaries "if you know where to look" so far means having Din just fall in their laps.

Maybe Fennec supplied Amy Sedaris with that Naboo starfighter to "lure" Din back to Tatooine, you don't know.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Nutini!

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

That DICK! posted:

I laughed when the scenes jumped from Din being banished for not taking Mando School seriously enough, to him boarding a commercial airliner and relinquishing his Fated Dark Sword of Destiny to a TSA robot. Its like brother you better hope she doesnt find out about this too!!!

It's not like anyone would have recognized it as a weapon if he didn't willingly offer it up.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Drunk in Space posted:

I loved how the 'cryogenic density combustion booster' the Jawas give them is basically that big metal pole Han tries to brace the walls with when they're stuck in the garbage compactor in the first film (although the Mando one is considerably shorter).

They took it from a Pyke ship. It's going to be funny if that comes back in finale. (The Pykes return to their ship to blow Boba and the gang away, but the ship explodes instead)

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Lobok posted:

One former hired goon explaining to another that money can be exchanged for hired goon services had to be a tell that Boba is not doing so great from his years of sunstroke and semi-digestion.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

nine-gear crow posted:

I’m just quietly sad that Paul Sun-Hyung Lee getting cast as Iroh in Netflix Avatar means we’ve probably seen the last of Mr. Kim, X-Wing Cop as of this episode :(

Pretty sure they can find a way to get him back for a day or so to film if they wanted to. The way they film these and the fact he has a pretty small role means what, a couple of days they need him to film? Maybe just one? I doubt his scene in this episode took more than a day of time for him, and was mostly him just getting into costume, learning a few lines and sitting in an X-wing cockpit for long enough to get the shot. They didn't even need Mando there to do it. And they can do it whenever, they finish most of the series before they release it so filming an episode 5 bit with him when they're filming episode 2 or whatever is very doable.

I hope they do, he gives a bit of personality to the whole thing. Makes the universe seem more lived in, like of course this random bounty hunter who operates in the grey area of the law around one planet/sector of the galaxy keeps running into the same federal cop.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

It would be sick if Mando & X-Wing Cop go BACK TO BACK in their star fighters and take out some pirates in S3

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's funny that Carson is the only New Republic rep in the region who seems to give a poo poo about the state of the Outer Rim but even he doesn't want to go back to the office to file paperwork.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I want Space COPS. Like those two rebel pilots rolling up on an adobe with shaky cam and flashlights responding to a noise complaint when a raving Ithorian hopped up on spice and Juma Juice stumbles out and threatens to poo poo on a droid. I think this was the premise of an early internet series with stormtroopers but I want Disney budget. I also want my OC Choppers show with a father and son ugnaught.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
TROOPS was the original Star Wars cops parody. A successor series called IMPS came out and it was more like a docudrama set on an aircraft carrier. Apparently they're still making another episode. I wonder if Peter Cullen will still do the narration.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jan 27, 2022

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mando is who we want Boba Fett to be more like and I think that's why more people like him.

But Boba Fett doesn't want to be THAT GUY anymore because to do so means he's going to just keep on working for idiots that'll eventually get him killed.

To that end I don't think even Mando really wants to be that guy anymore because he's starting to realize what Boba already knows.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

fartknocker posted:

But I Utinni from there…

Not right now you don't.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

That DICK! posted:

My wife and I were laughing about this. From flying your own customized Razorcrest with Cryo chamber and weapons rack to going unarmed in the coach section of a commercial freighter run to Tattoine while a little Greedo kid stares at you. What a world!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I like to imagine Din silently sobbing inside his helmet every time the kid turned back and waved.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Also, Mando should appear on Hot Ones and talk about bounty hunting and his ship whilst eating progressively more spicy chicken wings.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Gonz posted:

Also, Mando should appear on Hot Ones and talk about bounty hunting and his ship whilst eating progressively more spicy chicken wings.

Tim Robinson as a background Mandalorian with a huge amount of antennas, weapons, holsters, and pouches who mutters "there's too much fuckin' poo poo on me" as Mando passes by.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
It took me a while to accept that Boba wasn't even in this episode, but drat that kicked rear end. Definitely rewatching this one sooner than later.

Also goes to show how much better the writing is on Mando. We had as much plot and character development in that one episode as we had in the previous four episodes of Boba Fett.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Is the Ahsoka show going to happen before Mando season 3? Maybe Mando goes and recruits her to accompany him to the mines of Mandalore. This would maybe allow her to atone for what she did on her last visit in some way? It might also be cool to see Din get some lightsaber advice from a former Jedi…

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

That DICK! posted:

I chuckled and got the impression Mando was thinking “Whelp I’m already banished so it’s not like this is gonna make things any worse for me.”

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

Is the Ahsoka show going to happen before Mando season 3? Maybe Mando goes and recruits her to accompany him to the mines of Mandalore. This would maybe allow her to atone for what she did on her last visit in some way? It might also be cool to see Din get some lightsaber advice from a former Jedi…

Ahsoka filming only starts when Mando season 3 filming ends.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Whole episode of Mando on a commercial transport where he's stowed away all his weapons and unexpectedly runs into the guy whose bounty he's trying to collect so it's just a tense conversation with him the whole time until the eventual fight happens at the end... or does it???

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Cartoon Man posted:

He's planning on going to go visit Grogu and Luke, I'm hoping he gets some training there.

Really I just want to see Luke go "What the gently caress is a darksaber!?"

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Can't wait for Din to get the snot beaten out of him by Grogu during one of their training sessions

Yoda vs Dooku but they're not old and geriatric

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Gonz posted:

He never removes his helmet and the only proof he’s eating the wings is more and more sweat dripping down from underneath

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hazo posted:

He never removes his helmet and the only proof he’s eating the wings is more and more sweat dripping down from underneath

He removes his helmet and eats the wings in front of a window, overlooking some children playing in the yard :v:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Gonz posted:

Mando needs to start showing up on cable and/or network TV shows, too.

Mando cameo on *blindly throws dart at list* The Price Is Right.

Or Law & Order.

Or Curse of Oak Island.

If Mando isn't in the show, all the other characters should be saying "Where's Mando?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Hazo posted:

The helmet itself sweats