Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Phyrexian mana is back

Run

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

the Orb of Zot posted:

Phyrexian mana is back

Run

It's ok, they fixed it this time!
:smithicide:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1486752800226910214?s=21

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

So if you have puresteel going can you try to attach this to itself an arbitrary number of times (for no discernable reason)?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

the Orb of Zot posted:

Phyrexian mana is back

Run

Not just phyrexian mana, but hybrid phyrexian mana!

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

resistentialism posted:

So if you have puresteel going can you try to attach this to itself an arbitrary number of times (for no discernable reason)?

Creatures can't be attached to other creatures so Equipping it by most methods will fail miserably.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

'compleated' being a keyword sure implies we're gonna see some other planeswalkers get got, huh

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

flatluigi posted:

'compleated' being a keyword sure implies we're gonna see some other planeswalkers get got, huh

It's A LOT worse with 2 less loyalty........

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

At the very least flavor-wise this set seems way more interesting than the last few

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mcmagic posted:

It's A LOT worse with 2 loyalty........

Yeah and at that point it's still 4 mana+2 life for a 3 loyalty PW. Not great

Pablo Nergigante fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 27, 2022

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Feel like this is bonkers-good for Commander.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

3 loyalty for 4 mana + 2 life

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Going into my Kenrith Gates/Shrines deck

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Going into my Kenrith Gates/Shrines deck

i mean yeah, put the entire cycle of new shrines in the deck that runs every shrine

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I think Tamyo is good. It's not like broken or anything but it's good. It does a lot of different things and +1 to tap down a creature has historically been something you want to be doing. It's fine on both 4 and 5 too.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

flatluigi posted:

I imagine creatures too, I wonder if there will be upsided Compleated too.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Pour one out for Moonsocks. You'd think phyrexians would be more loyal if you offer your life force, not less, but it makes sense for game balance.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Equipment Monkey.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

kinda meh

no sign of the ninja turtle yet

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

These were already spoiled but guess it's official now

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

This rules. A better Krosan Tusker.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
https://twitter.com/HipstersMTG/status/1486758640434688000

This thing will really get enchantress archetypes purring. Dog purring.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Creatures can't be attached to other creatures so Equipping it by most methods will fail miserably.

Actually I think Equip would work, but not to itself, because it would stop being a creature, and also I am 90% sure a card can't be attached to itself (if the auras that enchant enchantments can't do that nonsense anyway because of the catch-22 of needing to be on the battlefield to be enchanted)

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Thanks for doing the lord's work, Strong Sauce. And that's a good one.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/gabnassif/status/1486759225577639949

Just the best boy of all time.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

here's the diff versions of tamiyo

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Art direction: Large Tanuki monster, but for the love of god do not include its huge pendulous balls

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Strictly better Unclaimed Territory is cool

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Actually I think Equip would work, but not to itself, because it would stop being a creature, and also I am 90% sure a card can't be attached to itself (if the auras that enchant enchantments can't do that nonsense anyway because of the catch-22 of needing to be on the battlefield to be enchanted)

Would it? It work the same as equip but it's a different keyword so equip discounts wouldn't apply.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
T1:
T2:
T3: Equip and start ripping lands off the top?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This seems really good for enchantress?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Would it? It work the same as equip but it's a different keyword so equip discounts wouldn't apply.

Puresteel doesn't give a discount though, but an alternate equip cost which still exists alongside its original equip cost. So I think it could still give those Reconfigure cards Equip 0.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Equipment Monkey.

This is my favorite set of all time.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

here's the diff versions of tamiyo

drat, poor Tamiyo's now orphaned (again) rat kid. :smith: Or maybe the process wasn't fully compleated and she's still good??

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

there's a similar card, herald of the pantheon, that gets no play at all... mana isn't really the big issue for enchantress with sanctum weaver

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

We have had this kind of card in standard before and it was pretty non playable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

This is the dimension known as the Rulescape, where an artifact creature enchantment land planeswalker - equipment saproling forest Gideon and a typeless permanent walk into a bar.

We can attach equipment without activating an ability in a lot of ways. Reconfigure is the activated ability we see, and a static type-changing ability. Puresteel Paladin gives Equipment Equip 0 so it would give Simian Sling, an equipment, Equip 0. Simian Sling would still stop being a creature when equipped by Equip 0 or by being directly attached with a spell or ability. Bruenor Battlehammer would not apply because Reconfigure is not Equip.

Thus is life in the Rulescape, where things are extremely literal.