Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Can you still have multiple copies of Rat Colony in EDH

Yes, any card with the text that overrides the limit per deck works in every format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Actually they're just making it better

:getin:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

that makes me wonder about something: does mirror gallery make legendary sorceries lose the legendary nonsense?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

evilweasel posted:

that makes me wonder about something: does mirror gallery make legendary sorceries lose the legendary nonsense?

I don't believe so, the "Legend Rule" as printed applies specifically to permanents

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

evilweasel posted:

Nah, the Legendary Sorcery rules text is unrelated to the "Legend Rule"

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

evilweasel posted:

the legend rule is a very specific thing about having two copies of the same legendary on the battlefield. the dominaria legendary sorceries still require their casting requirements

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
OK, so what legendary permanent REALLY messed up the game by there being 2 of them? Not just that having 2 is very powerful, but that having 2 fundamentally confuses the rules.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
IDK why I missed it before but Behold the Unspeakable might end up as the best card in the set. How is this an uncommon?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Strong Sauce posted:

no sign of the ninja turtle yet

This is Splinter if there's a TMNT Secret Lair.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

mcmagic posted:

IDK why I missed it before but Behold the Unspeakable might end up as the best card in the set. How is this an uncommon?

i think its gonna get hurt when u consider that this set is probably gonna have a ton of enchantment removal. im still more afraid of the ninjas atp. and the wanderer

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

mcmagic posted:

remember that sagas trigger start of first main phase so you're only getting that draw four if you had zero cards in hand last turn or are casting an instant in your upkeep

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Fucker posted:

i think its gonna get hurt when u consider that this set is probably gonna have a ton of enchantment removal. im still more afraid of the ninjas atp. and the wanderer

You're never going to have a relevant amount of enchantment removal maindeck in your standard deck.

flatluigi posted:

remember that sagas trigger start of first main phase so you're only getting that draw four if you had zero cards in hand last turn or are casting an instant in your upkeep

You're going to get the draw 2 most of the time but that doesn't matter, it's still great.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Certainly a big step up from the original The Unspeakable

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

She'll get more second chances than even wilbur weston does.

Because it's infinite turns.

You sure? The way Tabak puts it makes it sound like losing the creature type is a static ability wrapped up into Reconfigure, kinda like how Unleash is a triggered ability and a static ability in one keyword.

I think I'm misunderstanding your reply here: I'm talking equip and you're talking reconfigure.
The only part of your post I had issue with was your useb of equip in that one sentence.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

What I don't get when they're doing story stuff on the MTG website is why have an Umezawa card at all knowing what that lineage means to the story of the game as a whole and not involve him at all? I kept expecting the new Umezawa to pop in and be part of the story in some way.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Jiro posted:

What I don't get when they're doing story stuff on the MTG website is why have an Umezawa card at all knowing what that lineage means to the story of the game as a whole and not involve him at all? I kept expecting the new Umezawa to pop in and be part of the story in some way.

Life is a series of choices between bad and worse. Staying out of the fiction is a bad choice.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Jiro posted:

His lineage is on Dominara, and was highlighted in the last set there.
He's a folk-hero on Kamigawa but died there.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
This set looks cool as hell

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

And there are a couple more Dominaria sets coming up later this year.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

I thought that particular Umezawa was banished from Kamigawa and ended up on Dominaria but still had other family members back on Kamigawa. I guess I was expecting these descendants to have a bigger part of the story as a whole since Tetsuo was such a huge figure who originally imprisoned Bolas without being a God-tier Planeswalker.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

Mezzanon posted:

Amulet titan plays this right? Uncounterable destroy damping sphere seems good

Amulet 100% plays this and there's a chance a lot of Green decks in Modern just do since it's mostly free to. Especially if it's a Green deck with Wrenn and Six.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Jiro posted:

I thought that particular Umezawa was banished from Kamigawa and ended up on Dominaria but still had other family members back on Kamigawa. I guess I was expecting these descendants to have a bigger part of the story as a whole since Tetsuo was such a huge figure who originally imprisoned Bolas without being a God-tier Planeswalker.

I mean, we get that one guy, and he showed up in the fiction too as a crime boss. Plus the saga. Seems ok.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

mcmagic posted:

I don't know if it's playable if you got it all at once let alone having to wait three chapters.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

I don't know if it's playable if you got it all at once let alone having to wait three chapters.

Scry 2 draw 2 cards is playable for 4. For this you get a fog+ scry2 draw 2 + like a 4/4 flyer or better for 5. I can't think of a blue control deck in standard that wouldn't want it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What am I missing about BtU that has you so juiced? It looks way too slow for a 5cmc spell. The 4 CMC draw spells are all instants, right? This is a sorcery and you don't get the reload for an entire turn.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

This one is way worse than the green one IMO but i bet it's still going to be played a lot. Literally no reason no to play it in any red deck.

https://twitter.com/AfterTtv/status/1486805230071201799

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 27, 2022

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Jiro posted:

Those are the Dominara descendants.
https://mtg.fandom.com/wiki/Tetsuo_Umezawa

quote:

This proved a mistake for the Elder Dragon however, for Tetsuo had cast the Meteor Hammer spell. The spell destroyed the Imperial Shrine, thus destroying the mana foothold Bolas needed to stay in Dominaria. Denied his powers as a planeswalker, Bolas was defeated by Tetsuo.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fadam posted:

What am I missing about BtU that has you so juiced? It looks way too slow for a 5cmc spell. The 4 CMC draw spells are all instants, right? This is a sorcery and you don't get the reload for an entire turn.

The turn you play it you're highly unlikely to die on the swingback, then you get to cast scry 2 draw 2 the next turn while having all your mana up and it leaves behind a 4/4 or 5/5 flyer. And if you draw it late in the game it's a draw 4 for 5. The fact that shuts off their attack the next turn kinda makes it a pseudo instant. I mean i could be completely wrong but I think this is very good.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 27, 2022

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

quote:

This proved a mistake for the Elder Dragon however, for Tetsuo had cast the Meteor Hammer spell. The spell destroyed the Imperial Shrine, thus destroying the mana foothold Bolas needed to stay in Dominaria. Denied his powers as a planeswalker, Bolas was defeated by Tetsuo.
translation: Tetsuo Stone Rained Bolas and he scooped

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

mcmagic posted:

This one is way worse than the green one IMO but i bet it's still going to be played a lot. Literally no reason no to play it in any red deck.

https://twitter.com/AfterTtv/status/1486805230071201799

T: Add R

Channel - 3R, discard ~: create two colorless 1/1 Spirit creature tokens. They gain Haste til EOT. This costs (1) less for each legendary creature you control

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Barry Shitpeas posted:

translation: Tetsuo Stone Rained Bolas and he scooped

Tetsuo Stone Rained Bolas and he couldn't pay UBR during his upkeep.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Kinda nifty to be able to pin it to a vehicle.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Framboise posted:

Kinda nifty to be able to pin it to a vehicle.

Well yeah, Space Orks have known for years that painting your vehicles red makes them go faster.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Set owns, love the art

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

R/W Spirits getting a whole bunch of shots in the arm this set. Katilda Ghost-Martyr looking stronger and stronger.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
woulda been a cool set to bring back totem armor cause even when you have enchantments matters cards your still taking on a risk everytime you slap an aura on a mediocre creature

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
in the replies, seems she still holds an ironbound scroll containing the destruction of Serra's Realm, so looks like dominaria's getting nuked by that sometime down the road

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

This is going to be pretty gross with Wrenn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

They've started auctioning the art on the Facebook page.. People are going pretty hard on the dragon pieces.

$12K ATM

$7K ATM

$4K

Just started, opening bid $1.8K

$6K ATM

$6500

Not yet started

$6500