Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Hey gang. being something of an armchair sociologist, I find myself in really niche communities with their own parlance, their own in-jokes, their own memes.

Every now and then I like to group up what I find and share them. Today? The Chase Walshposting. Shitposts themed around a UK game show and the in-house cadre of nerds involved:

(explaining the joke: https://youtu.be/jl1Zfz-Widc )

:yeshaha:

E; Oh gently caress I never did a shiity snype before. Have a lovely meme, as a treat.

Ballbot5000 has a new favorite as of 20:03 on Jan 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Hey gang. being something of an armchair sociologist, I find myself in really niche communities with their own parlance, their own in-jokes, their own memes.

Every now and then I like to group up what I find and share them. Today? The Chase Walshposting. Shitposts themed around a UK game show and the in-house cadre of nerds involved:

(explaining the joke: https://youtu.be/jl1Zfz-Widc )

The rest of the EU doesn't have a clue what that means

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Power Khan posted:

Thankfully

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

have yall figured out what brexit means

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
"The rest of the EU"? You are not in the EU buddy

Efb

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
I'm on the right side of the brexit, and that means not in the UK

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Yeah, europeans call it a blessing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
they actually did brexit because too many polish people were sharing bbc gameshow memes

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

projecthalaxy posted:

I believe I heard Brexit means Brexit, whatever that means.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Power Khan posted:

you would like to think that, but ten EU member nations have broadcasters that currently air (or are preparing to air) their own version.

sexpig by night posted:

they actually did brexit because too many polish people were sharing bbc gameshow memes

nah, the BBC's game show is "Pointless," the chase is ITV. but i'm willing to bet there's a "richard osmand's pointless hiyaposting" out there somewhere. There'd probably be an "Only Connect Lion Wallposting" but Only Connect fans are probably too drunk to make memes and post them.

which is probably the better use of time, honestly.

Gene Hackman Fan has a new favorite as of 20:52 on Jan 27, 2022

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I fuckin love the chase

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

cohsae posted:

Jesus Christ
Meme thread
That's where you find out when someone's dead

Did anybody reply "not today you don't" to this yet

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

If I was the EU I'd have bricked up the Chunnel and deported all Anglos within a week of the Brexit vote.

Brexit means Brexit after all.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Paul Sinnah on Taskmaster was the finest thing The Chase was related to.

A later series had David Mitchell's wife learning to ride a bike, which was much more entertaining than it sounds.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bike tory posted:

My grandmother is 98 years old and doesn't have very good short term memory, which means she can't watch TV shows with an actual plot anymore. She also broke her hip recently which has restricted her mobility a lot (although inshallah she will continue to gain this back, she's very determined and previously was very mobile for her age). She also has poor eyesight and is hard of hearing.

All this combines into her spending large amounts of time sitting about 1m away from the TV watching British game shows at an uncomfortably loud volume.

TL;DR whenever I visit my grandmother I take in more episodes of The Chase than most normal people would in a lifetime. So I really appreciate these memes.

I would be inclined to suggest that the game shows might be the reason she has poor short term memory, because they definitely cause brain damage.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
I wish Sean Lock had been on Taskmaster. RIP you irascible bastard

Are there any good Countdown memes? Standard or Cats Does is fine.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Antioch posted:

I wish I had more opportunities to say "If you want to square and cube things, get a job at a jelly factory", because it is one of my all-time favorite jokes. It did not land well on the day, and that's part of its charm.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Antioch posted:

I wish Sean Lock had been on Taskmaster. RIP you irascible bastard

There are a few -- mostly edits of the letter board, plus a few IT Crowd crossover memes. Just pulling at random from my index:

Frankie Boyle, asking Carol Vodermann posted:

"Did you ever find it strange that you were on a programme watched by old people waiting to die and it was called 'Countdown?'"

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

That's numberwang!

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Time again to help Donald find the golden ratio!

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

FreudianSlippers posted:

If I was the EU I'd have bricked up the Chunnel and deported all Anglos within a week of the Brexit vote.

Brexit means Brexit after all.

Brexit will never stop being the funniest thing a rich nation has ever done to itself.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hell loving yes. No regrets beating the poo poo out of fail knight and his oversized puppy. Age of Dark forever on every Dark Souls.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Time again to help Donald find the golden ratio!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

8 out of 10 cats does countdown is the better countdown anyway.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Guillermus posted:

Age of Dark forever on every Dark Souls.

:haibrower:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Guillermus posted:

Hell loving yes. No regrets beating the poo poo out of fail knight and his oversized puppy. Age of Dark forever on every Dark Souls.

Artorias maybe but if you don't feel a little bit of guilt when Sif starts limping you are an actual psychopath

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Jihad Joe posted:

:yeshaha:

E; Oh gently caress I never did a shiity snype before. Have a lovely meme, as a treat.

This would look great in a children's hospital

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

bike tory posted:

Artorias maybe but if you don't feel a little bit of guilt when Sif starts limping you are an actual psychopath

Artorias was already a mindless abyss monster by the time the PC kills him.

But Sif, yeah :(

Fromsoft just looooves making us kill cute doggies :/

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

drat horror queefs posted:

Artorias was already a mindless abyss monster by the time the PC kills him.

But Sif, yeah :(

Fromsoft just looooves making us kill cute doggies :/

It's not called happy fun times souls

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

hahaha

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Guillermus posted:

this guy invades and then wastes every ones time

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

hell yeah

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I really like horse plinko. Can we have some more, please?

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Of course I have a bussy
All boys do
Your dad has one
And his dad too!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Of course I have a bussy
All boys do
Your dad has one
And his dad too!

Come along
Sing our song
Horse Plinko!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug