Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

It works on the regional channels. https://twitch.tv/bethesda_de

Yay! Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Just got my crab :toot: I am excited for the new card game, I hope it’s easy like ff14 triple triad.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro
:alienware" in chat if you care about giveaways.
edit:

I did not win.

No argonian murder buddy.

Underwater house seems neat.

Crancherry fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 27, 2022

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Glad to see the original trio is back and not at each other's throats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6sBQfGHSFU

Also lol @ loving Gwent of all things being added.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Account wide achievements are the main feature tbh

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

the panacea posted:

Woah no poo poo, drat

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

the panacea posted:

They're coming with this next update (in march, on PTS monday), not with the chapter.
https://twitch.tv/videos/1277916329?t=8141s

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
so uh...is the main selling point really 'we added a card game' and two more companions?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

And the actual zone itself and the story. But yeah it seems light. Although, thinking about it, it's probably more involved than antiquities. Probably won't know how involved it is for a few months.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

looked really uninspiring

pity, I liked the idea of refocusing on a non cosmic threat to existence, but I was expecting a more exotic location or interesting racial focus

'we're doing a breton island' and no meaningful mechanical additions is deeply unexciting

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Was really hoping for player boats or something

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Hard agree on wishing for a more exotic location, really liked the Clockwork zone (and Vvardenfel obviously). Other than that it looks pretty neat, same as previous expansions?

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

omg chael crash posted:

Was really hoping for player boats or something

Yeah I was hoping boats were gonna be introduced. Maybe make fishing more interesting as well

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Combat change coming in the next update: all abilities will scale with max stat. So Mag/stam are basically a split resource pool between primary and secondary abilities, but their power will be the same whether you max mag or stam. So your mag user can backbar twohander and use executioner at full power, for example.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Twohander magsorc it is!

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Oooh poo poo that is really nice. I have a feeling hybrids are going to be much more popar too

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Combat change coming in the next update: all abilities will scale with max stat. So Mag/stam are basically a split resource pool between primary and secondary abilities, but their power will be the same whether you max mag or stam. So your mag user can backbar twohander and use executioner at full power, for example.

I'm an extremely casual player and I couldn't speak to the overall effect this might have on game balance and whatnot, but it's really a dream come true in terms of just being able to make a cool character build flavor-wise. I always played my main templar as sort of a "paladin," stamina-based with a two-hander and heavy armor but with a dash of offensive magic and healing. It's never been a perfect build because said healing was always pretty weak with no magicka pool, and my range of useful offensive spells (that use stamina) has been really limited. Since I mostly just do solo quest stuff, I didn't need to worry too much about being optimized for endgame poo poo or anything, but it's always been nice being nigh-indestructible for casual solo play. This change is going to open up a lot more options for that character, and that type of character in general.

My character slots are maxed out, and I have mostly more traditional min-maxed "pure" builds, but the weird hybrid ones that I just make for flavor/roleplay/whatever are some of my favorite to play. It's going to be really nice being able to make all those guys a little more viable. Just being able to finally play a spellcaster with a sword is such a welcome change.

For the hardcore theorycraft people I feel like they will be scrambling to totally reinvent every popular build, because now your "off" resource pool represents more available power, so it seems like if you're not using a mix of mag/stam abilities you're kinda not maximizing your potential anymore. I'll leave that for those people to figure out, though.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Is there ANY EU goon presence at all?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Hector Delgado posted:

Yeah I was hoping boats were gonna be introduced. Maybe make fishing more interesting as well

I too was looking forward to an EQ/Wow style boat ride between locations.

No, seriously, I was.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

The most recent expansion brought be back because the idea of companions were cool, but I don’t know that a card game as the new big feature is enough.

I don’t need WoW styled borrowed power every update, but I would like some sort of new system

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Yet again I was hoping for a Maormer/Pyandonea expansion. More player races would be cool.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

MH Knights posted:

Yet again I was hoping for a Maormer/Pyandonea expansion. More player races would be cool.

Same... I think they said there would be Maormer in it, but only in some kind of side quest. Maybe that will tie into more Maormer content down the line? I don't want to get my hopes up...

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I don't understand how they haven't copied something like Heritage Quests from Everquest 2 to be used for daedric quests. Basically HQs in EQ2 were lengthy questlines that got you unique items from Everquest 1, and weren't always a weapon or piece of armor. Like one was a mask that turned you into a dark elf, another let you breathe underwater, etc.

Daedric quests are a big part of previous elder scrolls games, surprised they haven't done anything with them in ESO yet.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

It would be pretty rad to get EverQuest items in ESO, sign me up for a Guise of the Deceiver.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Ape Fist posted:

Is there ANY EU goon presence at all?

Doesn't seem like it. I'm not sure there really ever was much of one... assuming this is why I chose to do all my characters on NA way back in the day instead of EU.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I'm pretty sure we are getting the card game because two dev nerds said they'd write it in their spare Covid time.

That's definitely way cheaper to produce than a new class or a new race.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Is there a built-in feature or addon that adds timestamps to chat?

e: awesome, thanks! vvvvvvvv

count_von_count fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 29, 2022

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

count_von_count posted:

Is there a built-in feature or addon that adds timestamps to chat?
no built in feature that I know of.
This addon apparently does:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info93-pChat.html
I haven't used it.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I picked up the game last night for the first time in a while - should I dive right into Blackwood, or pick up where I left off (which I think was midway through Clockwork City)?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

CobiWann posted:

I picked up the game last night for the first time in a while - should I dive right into Blackwood, or pick up where I left off (which I think was midway through Clockwork City)?

Given how the game doesn't have a constant top end grind - I mean, champ point, sure, but everything gives that to you - I'd recommend staying in CWC.

There's a *lot* of great content released (CWC is awesome!). By the time you get up to Blackwood, it'll probably be free and included with the game. Note that I sub to the game while I play - crafting bag is too useful, and saves me having to buy the DLC packs (which I can get through multiple within a month's sub time, so it's cheaper too).

If you just really want companions, then sure, go ahead and buy it, but they're hardly necessary.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
For me, the companions went from "alright, not bad" straight to "shut the gently caress up Mirri" even with the option for their dialogue on minimum

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hector Delgado posted:

the option for their dialogue on minimum

I did not know this existed.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Question about the plot: does it get any better? Right now I'm going through the original zones and the story feels like the exact kind of boring pablum you'd expect from Babby's First MMO, though perhaps I'm being too harsh on it because I'm coming off of FFXIV's story.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

SplitSoul posted:

I did not know this existed.

I think it's in the Gameplay options, something like setting the companion' s reaction to infrequent

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

QuantaStarFire posted:

Question about the plot: does it get any better? Right now I'm going through the original zones and the story feels like the exact kind of boring pablum you'd expect from Babby's First MMO, though perhaps I'm being too harsh on it because I'm coming off of FFXIV's story.

IME, most of the base game faction zones play like someone designed a single zone and then copy/pasted it onto the world map a dozen times. It gets better by the time you hit Morrowind and Clockwork City.

However, unlike FFXIV, you can just skip the boring parts and go straight to the good stuff.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Expect to enter someone's dreams/memories at least once per zone.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

QuantaStarFire posted:

The OG zones are very dry.

Go to:

Northern > Southern Elsweyr

Summerset, especially if you like laughing, then crying, over and over again

Clockwork City is great, so too was Vvardenfall

There main quest under Markarth is a fun ride too.

In each of these zones, MAKE SURE YOU ARE DOING SIDE QUESTS AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE. You aren't going to lose out on anything, it's just that the writing in these DLC areas is genuinely top shelf stuff, and it would be a shame to miss out on bathing yourself in each region as much as possible before getting to the capstone quest.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 30, 2022

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

If you end up going to Northern Elsweyr, be advised that your one of your new favorite Bethesda characters is Sir Cadwell and his loyal steed Honor, with whom he is well pleased.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I’ve been wishing for the upcoming combat changes for a long time, but I’m also afraid it will lead to even less build diversity because people will just pick the highest damage skills. They already did but at least you had differences between stam and mag builds.

Otoh heck yeah not having to use a stupid destruction staff on every mag build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I was extremely weirded out earlier this evening when I just randomly stumbled upon the quest that takes you to the original tutorial area. I had been under the impression that it had been removed, but nope, still exists. Kinda weird, too, since it teleports you to your alliance starting zone which may or may not be occupied by one of the enemy factions depending on how you've progressed.