Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barudak posted:

Rare Replay is in Game Pass innit?

Sure is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

It's me, I bought Hydrophobia on XBLA back in the day

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I clearly missed out the Hydrophobia saga a decade ago. What's the story behind it?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Detective No. 27 posted:

I clearly missed out the Hydrophobia saga a decade ago. What's the story behind it?

It's just a dull game that was literally a water physics tech demo. It's not a disaster, just a dud.

It looked pretty professional in an era where XBLA was a big indie game deal, so it got attention.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it stinks apparently. got big patches on pc/ps3 but not on xbox it looks like

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
At its initial release, Hydrophobia was just a hosed up game that super-duper hated the player. I don't recall it being buggy per se, but rather, everything about the act of playing it was so deeply unpleasant. Just everything. In every respect. They overhauled a bunch of stuff in a title update, and it *did* make it into a game you could at least play. It was no longer actively hostile to the player to the same extent, but at that point it was just (and still) a game that was kind of lovely.

magimix fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 27, 2022

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

I already did the Gold -> game pass 1$ conversion which is about to expire in February. From what I've read it looks like if I let this sub lapse completely and wait a few days I will be able to do it again. Is that right/anyone done this recently?

Dont even have an xbox anymore but the pc game pass stuff has been more than worth it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

punch drunk posted:

I already did the Gold -> game pass 1$ conversion which is about to expire in February. From what I've read it looks like if I let this sub lapse completely and wait a few days I will be able to do it again. Is that right/anyone done this recently?

yep, once you let it lapse fully you are good to go

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

QoP the jank spelunker will find some enjoyment in it no matter what

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

QoP the jank spelunker

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Getting the hang of drumgame. This is pretty sick even though I only recognize like 10% of the songs.

One thing I noticed is during the tutorial it said for the big notes to hit it on both sides and I've been doing that but as far as I can tell just doing a single button press still counts as a hit and provides the exact same scoring. Am I missing something? Maybe it's because I've only played on Easy so far?

American McGay fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 27, 2022

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

Getting the hang of drumgame. This is pretty sick even though I only recognize like 10% of the songs.

meglovania, daddy mulk, bad apple, world is mine, hare hare yukai

its a murderers row

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo the batteries in the controller died ALREADY

That is abysmal

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Duracel hitmen gassing up the jet to take you out now

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

That is abysmal

Get 2 pairs of rechargeable AAs and a charger.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah seriously. Why would anyone use regular rear end batteries.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PS5 controllers last even less somehow(it’s the triggers)

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

Play and charge kit with a long rear end cable is like $20 on Amazon too.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm always confused at the battery life of my Xbox controller since it doesn't really do anything. It also feels nasty to touch but I don't want to start complaining about the controller I'll be here all day!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nah the PS4 controllers were just as bad and everyone blamed it on the light bar but really they just have a really short battery life cause that’s how Sony makes them. The dualsense is like 4 hours maybe, series controllers probably…20 I wanna say? And the switch pro is …I dunno I charge it like once a year.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I forgive them for the batteries but I’ll seemingly never be able to remember they put the X button in a different place than PlayStation has it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Have you tried the 300 dollar one for professional gamers yet newbs?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Nah the PS4 controllers were just as bad and everyone blamed it on the light bar but really they just have a really short battery life cause that’s how Sony makes them. The dualsense is like 4 hours maybe, series controllers probably…20 I wanna say? And the switch pro is …I dunno I charge it like once a year.

Their touchpad is a huge power hog that serves no purpose at all

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

PS5 controllers last even less somehow(it’s the triggers)

It's not great, but it's better than the DS4 on average, depending on how heavy the trigger/haptic usage is. There's a lot of poo poo going on in that little piece of gear. I've been using it as a mic recently, too, plus the worthless touchpad, plus the worthless lightbar, plus the gyro that never gets used. I'm actually surprised it lasts as long as it does since it has an amped mic port.

I bought a second one and the charging cradle, hassle free.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

JBP posted:

I'm always confused at the battery life of my Xbox controller since it doesn't really do anything. It also feels nasty to touch but I don't want to start complaining about the controller I'll be here all day!
What the hell is wrong with you? The Series controller rules and it lasts about 3x as long as a DS4.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Escobarbarian posted:

That is abysmal

Order Ikea Laddas (2450mAh). They're white labeled Panasonic Eneloops and will last you a good while between recharges.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Real hurthling! posted:

Their touchpad is a huge power hog that serves no purpose at all

Its purpose is to make me hit it instead of the start button seven times out of ten.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I bought a second one and the charging cradle, hassle free.

Now imagine if you could take the bad battery out of your PS5 controller and just charge that on its own, saving you from having to spend $70 on an extra controller that you never use.

That's the beauty of the Microsoft Xbox.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I dunno I disconnected the touch pad and light bar on a DS4 and it didn’t make a lick of difference. I think it’s just little lithium batteries they use don’t have a ton of juice and that’s pretty much it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm currently using a Rocketfish (Best Buy house brand) charge pack for my Series X controller and I only have to charge it like once a week.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

American McGay posted:

What the hell is wrong with you? The Series controller rules and it lasts about 3x as long as a DS4.

The DS4 was bad on battery. The X controller feels horrible and is too small. Feels cheap.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Replaceable AA batteries are better than lithium ion ones

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

American McGay posted:

Now imagine if you could take the bad battery out of your PS5 controller and just charge that on its own, saving you from having to spend $70 on an extra controller that you never use.

Nah, it's better to have a spare PS5 controller for when the first one starts drifting and needs to be replaced.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

I just popped the ones that came with the console in. They were Duracell so I figured they’d last longer than two weeks. Thanks for the advice, those who posted some!

And LOL @ DualSense lasting four hours dude it lasts like 10-12 hours which is still not very good admittedly but where tf did you get 4 from

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

American McGay posted:

True, I only use it semi-regularly for stuff like Overcooked, Helldivers, Gangbeasts etc. My motivation was that because it's a new piece of hardware it's bound to have manufacturing quirks out in the wild, I wanted a boxed one separately so that I could just echange at the store for replacement without hassle if it ever came down to that. It just happened to work out with the charging cradle, now one charges while I use the other.

Money was no object.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

hatty posted:

Replaceable AA batteries are better than lithium ion ones

I disagree, but I think it just comes down to what someone is used to.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Snowy posted:

I forgive them for the batteries but I’ll seemingly never be able to remember they put the X button in a different place than PlayStation has it

I've been playing PC games with Xbox button prompts and emulated Switch games using a Dualsense for a little while. It was a challenge at first but now my brain plasticity is up 1000%, I can rotate complex geometric solids in my mind, and I think I'm manifesting minor telekinetic abilities.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m just mad my PS3 controller won’t hold a charge anymore and I have to order a sketchy battery from Amazon that I hope won’t explode or leak

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
i have the eneloops for my xbox paddles and a battery pack i keep on my coffee table for the switch ones (and ps5 if i ever get one) and i prefer the AAs since i don't have to worry about the cells wearing out and needing to do surgery to replace them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

JBP posted:

The DS4 was bad on battery. The X controller feels horrible and is too small. Feels cheap.