Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I think it's fine to quote in full:

Bretty Payne posted:

I owe you an apology

Hey gang, I appreciate all y’all’s feedback and continued support of the show. I realize I have been in a terrible place on the show over the last month or so and I’m kind of imploding. Thank you for treating me with kindness and voicing your concerns or even just understanding that I’m going through something and letting it slide. I apologize if my inconsiderate attitude has real ramifications for you or if I just let you down with my selfishness. I’m just having a really tough year. I’m attempting to get some professional help but you know how impossible that is, but I am trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Whoops. I saw it said "unlocked" and thought it was publicly viewable. Would have pasted if I knew.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
It's weird to me that this got so blown up, do people not distinguish between on-air Brett Pain and Murder Bryan and their off-air versions? I heard it as 5 minutes of a 2 hour show of him doing a "tired of Covid because I got it" id character that didn't necessarily fully represent his actual feelings.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I mean it's the classic parasocial thing. Like, I found the bit sort of grating and off-tone, but when you're doing like 5 hours of content per week, including with live callers, not every 15 minutes is gold. Who cares, skip forward through it. But I think a lot of people take a lot of comfort in a show like Street Fight where it feels like they're being real about poo poo (like Brett doing Doordash to pay for Christmas, for example), so the line between content and real life is way harder to maintain. From the perspective of the show it's probably just the cost of doing business, dealing with weird moments like that.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Boco_T posted:

It's weird to me that this got so blown up, do people not distinguish between on-air Brett Pain and Murder Bryan and their off-air versions? I heard it as 5 minutes of a 2 hour show of him doing a "tired of Covid because I got it" id character that didn't necessarily fully represent his actual feelings.

Honestly I thought it was overblown even taking it as his actual feelings, since I thought it was pretty clear it was coming from a place of extremely understandable frustration more than anything else.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Patrons gonna tell me how to live

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Are people still giving him poo poo about it? I haven't seen anything but to be fair I haven't been listening to the show or paying much attention recently. It seems like he's beating himself up more than anything.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
I’m in their big Facebook group and haven’t seen any complaints or the like, just some folks worried for him because it’s obvious he’s having a rough time

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
For what it's worth, all the comments on that patreon post are people saying "it's good" or "we get it, things are rough".

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

hello it is I the absentee OP

tbqh I am not really a person who enjoys listening to podcasts/talk radio in general, but i'd always have a SF queued up for entertainment on a long plane ride. since i've been doing less of those lately i haven't been listening to this show or anything else really.

but seeing the conversation about bret kinda breaks my heart. i met him and bryan at a show they played in my town years ago, and we had a bit of a true hang since it was in a small city and there were only like 3 other people there when we took them out for beers after. he seems like a genuinely sweet dude who was very excited to talk the hobbies his daughter had gotten into recently. he's also lowkey a hottie so i'm not surprised he's getting all sorts of solicitations now that he's single.

i hope he gets the help he needs to make it through the rough time. and all of yall that are still able to support the show by being patrons, yall are the real MVPs. thanks for funding our sweetie boys.

bartok
May 10, 2006

The episode they just put out with Mike and Jesse from YKS is a must listen. Dying over Mike and Jesse giving Bryan poo poo for subscribing to Epix and Starz.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Seriously the list of poo poo Bryan subscribes to is absolutely bonkers.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

bartok posted:

The episode they just put out with Mike and Jesse from YKS is a must listen. Dying over Mike and Jesse giving Bryan poo poo for subscribing to Epix and Starz.

Lmao no way

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Say what you will but Starz was the only network to platform Party Down and that show is as funny and pro-worker as you'll find on premium cable subs.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

bartok posted:

Came in here to say this. Great episode I laughed out loud several times.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Seriously the list of poo poo Bryan subscribes to is absolutely bonkers.

I lol'd at Bryan saying he's going to cancel Starz then coming up with all these reasons he shouldn't.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Previa_fun posted:

I lol'd at Bryan saying he's going to cancel Starz then coming up with all these reasons he shouldn't.

I havent listened yet but know Bryan's watching Heels

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1486770313815805953

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
lmao, he's so great.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Chakan posted:

lmao, he's so great.

he lives the gimmick

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

lmao
jesus christ bryan

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Bryan is the coolest man alive. He's the most perfect American.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
once i was pulling into my apartment complex and my wife made me stop the car because she thought she saw Bryan and wanted to wave to him

it was Bryan

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
he does literally walk across the entirety of Columbus

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

powerful sighting

Bryan should walk across the US to raise awareness for mental illness like that one dumbass goon tried to do

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I would sponsor him to walk across the country, but only to spread awareness of walking.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Every time I'm out driving around I keep an eye out for a Brian sighting like I'm looking for bigfoot.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1487129738208546820

SSSSSOMEBODY STOP HIM!

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

Every time I'm out driving around I keep an eye out for a Brian sighting like I'm looking for bigfoot.

It's unfortunate that I live in Louisville because I thought about doing the drive when they were first doing live shows, but it's too far.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Cloks posted:

once i was pulling into my apartment complex and my wife made me stop the car because she thought she saw Bryan and wanted to wave to him

it was Bryan

Surprisingly haven't seen Bryan out and about but I have seen Brett twice, once while he was on roller blades.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

bartok posted:

Surprisingly haven't seen Bryan out and about but I have seen Brett twice, once while he was on roller blades.

hell yeah

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Unrivaled
https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1495800466982248448

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
jesus christ bryan

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Bryan's eating habit on the last episode were some of the most unhinged things I have ever heard and that is all I have to say.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Eating 12 Reese's eggs in bed in the middle of the night and drooling peanut butter on your wife's pillow is loving hilarious.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Eating $14 worth of sugar-free store-brand Jello every 3 days is also so loving badass

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
New Quinby dropped

https://twitter.com/honeydewwilkins/status/1511854941224198149

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
listening to this in it's entirety rn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6og0uLKOqAI

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

tuna tuna tuna fish

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I am going to try that junk ramen out that Bryan was talking about this weekend. I am also going to start watching Reacher. These both seem like poor decisions.

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
Reacher’s great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

loving dying at Bryan spending over 2 grand on Legos in like 3 months.