Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
So I've tested the TFO. Cloaking and hiding doesn't work, but if you blow up at least one ship (not the Reskava), it will bug out and give you the completion rewards after 15-20 min.

Enjoy the marks, goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

g0del posted:

Terran Trailblazer Science Warship [T6] (Intrepid family, Command spec)
Terran Lexington Dreadnought Cruiser [T6] (Odyssey family, MW spec)
Terran Cygnus Battlecruiser [T6] (Galaxy family, Temp Ops spec)
Terran Adamant Heavy Raider [T6] (no idea, Intel spec)

And hints of a terran Miranda. Also terran Odyssey uniforms. I assume this will be the 12th anniversary bundle.

Most of them match up with the terran skins shown in this old blog post, which would probably make the Adamant a Shran-class ship. And as the only missing spec, I'm going to laugh if they make a mirror miranda pilot spec.
Well, looks like the Adamant will be a terran Earhart class instead. Because cryptic accidentally enabled the mirror skins for the Galaxy, Odyssey, Intrepid, and Earhart in today's patch.

If that's all the ships in the 12th bundle, and they just gave the skins away for free, I may never stop laughing.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The new season trailer has a terran Odyssey-X with three nacelles and a spinal lance, so that might be what the Lexington is.

It's not really three nacelles, actually, the mid thing is kinda a nebula-esque platform.

E: I just logged on and I don't see a mirror skin for the galaxy but there is one for the Gal-X...

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jan 26, 2022

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah I dunno why they decided to go with this yellowish orange for the 'modern' ships. It looks wrong. The mirror red is great.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I'm starting to get the impression that the Emperor is going to turn out to be an Exocomp

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

I'm starting to get the impression that the Emperor is going to turn out to be an Exocomp

Peanut Hamper?!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh it could be Mirror Data. Trying to get himself a superbody.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

It'll be Harry Kim. Ensign in one universe, emperor in the next.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Eimi posted:

Peanut Hamper?!
If there's anyone from Lower Decks that deserves to be Emperor, I'd say it's Shaxs, especially given how Mirror Bajor is.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

MikeJF posted:

The new season trailer has a terran Odyssey-X with three nacelles and a spinal lance, so that might be what the Lexington is.

It's not really three nacelles, actually, the mid thing is kinda a nebula-esque platform.

E: I just logged on and I don't see a mirror skin for the galaxy but there is one for the Gal-X...
The mirror gal-x skin already existed, it's from the legendary. For the others - go to the ship requisition NPC, and find one of the T6 ships - intrepid, galaxy, odyssey, or earhart. I think any of the T6 variants should work, but I didn't check all of them. Click on the variant dropdown and look for the mirror skins, they should show up there. Some, like the odyssey and intrepid, have two mirror skins.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

Or collective of such? Whatever could get Janeway who is apparently a Super-Borg or a Queen has to be pretty absurd.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Cythereal posted:

Wonder if it can be solo afk'd.

if you have a ship with cloak fly to one of the corners and afk
if you dont, get blown up and dont respawn, afk until timers up

however its just faster doing it the normal way in a group, doubly so if you have at least one space wizard with you

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Teron D Amun posted:

if you have a ship with cloak fly to one of the corners and afk
if you dont, get blown up and dont respawn, afk until timers up

however its just faster doing it the normal way in a group, doubly so if you have at least one space wizard with you

Sure, but if I AFK I can go take a poo poo or read forums or gently caress around in another game in another window or something.

you know, anything to avoid playing the game that I log into every day for some reason.

edit: (it's not a bad TFO. Ran it twice, was some pretty OK space pew pew, will probably AFK the rest)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2160904/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/star-trek-online-anniversary-pack-key-giveaway

Free MACO rifle and 12 inventory slots.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I think it's a nice balance of "just shoot things" plus a some complexities to make it engaging for fools like me who play the TFOs, but none of the mechanics will inspire Remain Klingon type rage when one person AFKs

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Looks like the MACO rifle is unupgradable sadly, but hey free inventory slots.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

One thing this TFO could use is a Halo 2 "Going Loud" moment to close it out. You have these 'photon satellites' you're protecting for the first half of the fight, but IDK they don't feel particularly important to the rest of the TFO.

I think ideally you'd have the 2nd half only be taking out shield-generating ships, then let there be a cut scene of Janeway saying "Fire" or something really cold and dramatic, and the torpedo satellites obliterating Tilly's ship.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

and the rifle cant be upgraded apparently

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Teron D Amun posted:

and the rifle cant be upgraded apparently

They did that with the Terran poo poo an earlier giveaway too. Real dick move. There's not much point when it's stuck at mk x.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Anyone else finding the omega particle minigame more sluggish/laggy than usual?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Sure, but if I AFK I can go take a poo poo or read forums or gently caress around in another game in another window or something.

you know, anything to avoid playing the game that I log into every day for some reason.

edit: (it's not a bad TFO. Ran it twice, was some pretty OK space pew pew, will probably AFK the rest)

This is my take as well. Solo afking takes longer, but lets me do something productive and/or entertaining in the meantime.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
https://games.crucial.com/promotions/192982668/star-trek-online-vash-disruptor-weapon-pack-key-giveaway

1 Zhat Vash Disruptor Pistol
12 Bank Slots
1 Small XP Boost

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Not getting a confirmation code and it's not in spam. What do?

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
I worship the ground NinjaPablo walks on

SplitSoul posted:

Not getting a confirmation code and it's not in spam. What do?
For me, I have to sign in to their site, then click the "Get Key" button. It will generate the key right where the button was. Copy that to Arc and you should be good to go.

I don't think I've ever gotten the key mailed to me through any of these promotions. They all seem to use the same/similar key generation systems.

Space Hero Keith
Sep 26, 2015

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

That or Badgey from Lower Decks.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Koskun posted:

For me, I have to sign in to their site, then click the "Get Key" button. It will generate the key right where the button was. Copy that to Arc and you should be good to go.

I don't think I've ever gotten the key mailed to me through any of these promotions. They all seem to use the same/similar key generation systems.

Same. It's always a key that's generated on the site, that you paste into your own arc account.

out of curiosity, is the wesleyguide wikia just a joke, or is it supposed to take you somewhere?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
wesleyguide was a real link. It's just defunct now.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Is there a free way to get keys for these boxes or is that the gotcha?

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Azubah posted:

Is there a free way to get keys for these boxes or is that the gotcha?

Yeah, the lockbox keys are the gatcha in this game. You can do the Dil -> Zen -> Keys route, but usually it's better to sell the keys as EC and then buy what you want directly rather then gambling.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

OGS-Remix posted:

Yeah, the lockbox keys are the gatcha in this game. You can do the Dil -> Zen -> Keys route, but usually it's better to sell the keys as EC and then buy what you want directly rather then gambling.

As someone who just opened 80 boxes and got nothing to show for it; I agree. Don't open boxes, sell keys instead.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Yeah as a reminder the odds of winning a ship are like 1/260, and there is NO pity. So it's a suckers game. If you want something from a lockbox converting zen to ec is always the better choice.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
The only reason to spend keys opening boxes (vs selling them on the exchange) is to build up your lobi. There are a few things in the lobi store that are bind-on-pickup, and thus can't be sold on the exchange.

You shouldn't buy anything on the lobi store unless it's on sale, either.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

There are also a few things in the Lobi store that become reclaim items in your account once you get them, IIRC.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Taerkar posted:

There are also a few things in the Lobi store that become reclaim items in your account once you get them, IIRC.

You might be thinking of the Phoenix Store, where the prolonged engagement set becomes an account reclaim once you buy it once.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

Yeah as a reminder the odds of winning a ship are like 1/260, and there is NO pity. So it's a suckers game. If you want something from a lockbox converting zen to ec is always the better choice.
There does appear to be a pity mechanic, but it's garbage. The odds are 0.30% for a T6 prize ship unless you've opened at least 300 boxes in a row without winning one. Once you hit that 300 box mark, the odds jump to an amazing 2.4%.

If you're curious, here's the stats from when tacticalrook opened 108,000 boxes on tribble a little over a year ago.

Edit: I should note that crosis (a whale in the game) swears that the tribble RNG and holodeck RNG are different, and that there's ways to increase your odds to 2.4% permanently, but as far as I know he's never revealed these tricks. And he regularly spends thousands of real life dollars on the game, so I suspect his "trick" is actually just walleting his way to a bunch of lockbox keys and lying about the odds he gets.

g0del fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 28, 2022

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Koskun posted:

I meant signing up for the site to claim it, can't confirm my mail.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

If I wanted to make an alt Science toon; is there any reason not to just pick a dominion character so I start off at 60 immediately?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

You don't like the way Jem'hadar look or don't have the Vanguard species unlocked for a decent space trait?

Otherwise nope, they're quite nice.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
I worship the ground NinjaPablo walks on

SplitSoul posted:

I meant signing up for the site to claim it, can't confirm my mail.

Oh. Huh. It is Corsair, so not a small company. Maybe try from their main page first. And/or try with a different browser?

Sometimes those things just go into a blackhole. I know EA's system absolutely sucks for account recovery, if that helps at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Koskun posted:

Oh. Huh. It is Corsair, so not a small company. Maybe try from their main page first. And/or try with a different browser?

Sometimes those things just go into a blackhole. I know EA's system absolutely sucks for account recovery, if that helps at all.

It showed up many hours later, but now the code is invalid and there's no way to send a new one. :lol: