Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I can’t imagine Rodgers playing more than 2 more years. Pretty hard to trade a young qb on a cheap rear end contract for Covidman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I don't believe Aaron actually had anything to do with that rumor, but I do think he's brittle enough to see the reaction and be offended at the fact that people think it's ridiculous that he could be traded for herbie. Lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eifert Posting posted:

I don't believe Aaron actually had anything to do with that rumor, but I do think he's brittle enough to see the reaction and be offended at the fact that people think it's ridiculous that he could be traded for herbie. Lol

https://twitter.com/RonCook32237442/status/1486553443833630731?t=5q9aoXiU314E1P9oVBDa7w&s=19

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's a fair deal if the chargers special teams coach is involved

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
At this point Rodgers is unpredictable enough that he might just retire mid game because he’s pissed.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Cavauro posted:

that's a fair deal if the chargers special teams coach is involved

We don't even have one!

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

The dude that originally posted that says later in his Twitter stream it was a joke and his could anyone believe it. There is so much dumb Qaron stuff out there but not this.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Eifert Posting posted:

Aaron + 3 full draft classes for Herbie Ross y/n?

Y

Rodgers burner account found

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Twitter takes being posted in threads is making forums worse.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Twitter takes being posted in threads is making forums worse.

https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/600526639802490881?s=20&t=1lVlyfVdrkprAOd5F9oeFg

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a neat cape posted:

We don't even have one!

trade went through. im sorry

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

What I aspired to be in high school but my pants just wouldn't get big enough

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/ThatKevinSmith/status/2554608773?s=20&t=6mJT6j126ip60vmjQ0aJUg

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lmao, it owns so hard that this starts with "family man," the number one defence of every gigantic piece of poo poo for their actions

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MODS!?!?!

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

kiimo posted:

Time for some Mahomes love

quote:

During the post season, when the in game win probability falls below 5%

Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs

3 -1

Everyone else

1-38

I saw this earlier today on social media, and I've been racking my brain all day, what was the third Mahomes win? I assume the recent Bills game and the Texans game where they were down 24-0 in the second quarter were 2 of the wins, and SB 55 was the loss. Otherwise, every Mahomes playoff game I can remember had the Chiefs either playing close or winning comfortably. Also, how did the loss to NE in the AFC championship not fall below 5% when the Pats got to first and goal in OT?

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Blind Pineapple posted:

I saw this earlier today on social media, and I've been racking my brain all day, what was the third Mahomes win? I assume the recent Bills game and the Texans game where they were down 24-0 in the second quarter were 2 of the wins, and SB 55 was the loss. Otherwise, every Mahomes playoff game I can remember had the Chiefs either playing close or winning comfortably. Also, how did the loss to NE in the AFC championship not fall below 5% when the Pats got to first and goal in OT?

Super Bowl LIV - I’m assuming some point in the 4th - maybe the 3rd and long to Hill?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
https://twitter.com/rachelbonnetta/status/1486823825018744833?s=21

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

lol have you seen his wife? lol do not google.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blind Pineapple posted:

Kevino07 posted:

Super Bowl LIV - I’m assuming some point in the 4th - maybe the 3rd and long to Hill?

Yeah I'd imagine it's this one, the Chiefs were down 10 until there was 6:30 or something left in the game and they weren't getting anything done on offense up to then.

I have no clue what their chart said about the Pats game that Mahomes lost in OT before it was over, I'd have figured it must have been close to <5% at some point. And obviously went to 0% eventually, but I guess maybe not before the last play of the game. (these charts are kinda bullshit, but they are fun to look at)

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I enjoyed the blissful time in my life in which I forgot this existed.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Big Beef City posted:

I googled and found out his daughter is named "Harley Quinn."

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

If that 3-1 stat is using ESPN's version of win probability, it had that OT ACFCG at this:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

These win probability charts are silly and bullshit but not nearly as silly as the alleged Amazon Web Service calculations of the exact percentage that each and every play has of happening based on like 50 different real time data points.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Sounds like someone doesn’t believe in the power of “Stat that” :colbert:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Freaquency posted:

it annoys me to no end that depending on the inflection the actors in the commercial use it either comes off as "that play was so cool I defy you to come up with a statistic explaining it" OR "that play was cool, come up with a stat to make it even cooler."

and it changes inside the same commercial.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Fate Accomplice posted:

it annoys me to no end that depending on the inflection the actors in the commercial use it either comes off as "that play was so cool I defy you to come up with a statistic explaining it" OR "that play was cool, come up with a stat to make it even cooler."

and it changes inside the same commercial.

I always read it as "stat that.... BITCH"

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Freaquency posted:

Those commercials are loving terrible.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Big Beef City posted:

She looks a little weird in some photos, but pretty normal in others. IMO he's the reacher if we're just counting physical appearance.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Who wouldn't want an aging diva who threatens to retire after every major loss?

Lol they're gonna get Jimmy G and two 2nds

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

fartknocker posted:

Those commercials are loving terrible.

You’ll get no argument to the contrary from me.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Baseball is infinitely more controllable than football and yet sabermetric people still value the 3 true outcomes over anything else because it’s still too unpredictable otherwise. To even pretend you can quantify football like this commercials show is hilarious.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The look of wonder in that boy's eye when he says "Reduce the artistry of that astounding athletic achievement to an arbitrary number". It fills you with hope.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Baseball is infinitely more controllable than football and yet sabermetric people still value the 3 true outcomes over anything else because it’s still too unpredictable otherwise. To even pretend you can quantify football like this commercials show is hilarious.

You can't. It's just machine learning garbage.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I want a football themed parody of Foundation with Aaron Schatz as Seldon and the Patriots as the Galactic Empire except it turns out there is no predictive value in Schatz’s work.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Who wouldn't want an aging diva who threatens to retire after every major loss?

You're right, Rodgers would be a perfect fit for the Steelers.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mega64 posted:

You're right, Rodgers would be a perfect fit for the Steelers.

He actually would, and it's scary. Thank goodness he wants to go to a west coast team.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Definitely would want white hot herbie (I don't care if its white uniform that's just what I call Herbert now) or the Derwin one, superior

ummm. what?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

These win probability charts are silly and bullshit but not nearly as silly as the alleged Amazon Web Service calculations of the exact percentage that each and every play has of happening based on like 50 different real time data points.

What Amazon apparently fails to realize is that in a deterministic universe, such as the one we inhabit, all of those plays actually had a 100% chance of happening, and have always had a 100% chance of happening since the beginning of time.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Play posted:

What Amazon apparently fails to realize is that in a deterministic universe, such as the one we inhabit, all of those plays actually had a 100% chance of happening, and have always had a 100% chance of happening since the beginning of time.

In a deterministic universe like the one we inhabit the very idea of “realizing” is itself a fiction as we are all bound by the interactions of elemental forces over which we have no control. The clockwork motions of the university set moving billions of years ago guaranteed that we would reach this moment where Amazon says that machine learning is real and understands football and we laugh at them. None of us had a choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

What chance y’all thinks bengals have for a win this weekend?