Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me

How have Porsche's lawyers not pounced all over that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Charles posted:

Maybe. Looks okay to me. I'm not into the sloped roof style unless they managed to keep headroom OK.
https://insideevs.com/news/560552/hyundai-ioniq6-electric-sedan-spyshots/

Getting late 1990s intrepid vibes.

PBCrunch posted:

Looks more like a CLS than a Taycan to me.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Russian Bear posted:

Getting late 1990s intrepid vibes.
I definitely see what you're referring to.

quote:

Looks more like a CLS than a Taycan to me.
Uncamouflaged/rendered it looks like any of the modern 4 door coupes. I wish cars looked interesting still. Coincidentally the Ioniq 5 is the most interesting looking car I have seen in a while.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

PBCrunch posted:

on what grounds? you made a car?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Shapes can’t be patented

Ask apple

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

New WRX Wagon

-Australia only
-CVT only
-lol

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Needs MUCH more black plastic.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
New Zealand isn't currently part of Australia

Anyway it's just the Levorg with a more recognisable badge. Not surprising really, Levorg was always a terrible name.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

dissss posted:

New Zealand isn't currently part of Australia

Prove it.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

KillHour posted:

Prove it.

New Zealand isn't part of anything, really, so it can't be part of Australia either

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Powershift posted:

New WRX Wagon

-Australia only
-CVT only
-lol

I like it, minus the cvt part

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Charles posted:

Maybe. Looks okay to me. I'm not into the sloped roof style unless they managed to keep headroom OK.
https://insideevs.com/news/560552/hyundai-ioniq6-electric-sedan-spyshots/

Hopefully it doesn't look like a 2005 Maxima, because that's kinda what that shape looks like.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DEAR RICHARD posted:

new sequoia leaked

edit: motortrend posted an article 12 hours ahead of the embargo, since it's scheduled to be revealed tomorrow. more details and better pictures will be out later

I just saw this, the stupid body lines remind me of the Ssangyong Rexton

The rear glass carrying on into the pillar also reminds me of the Ssangyong rodius.

Almost makes me wonder if they poached a designer.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

It has a sad looking face on the side like the first gen Juke.

wankel13b
Jan 23, 2005

quak

WTFBEES posted:

Fuckin' lol, you UNDERestimated the price. $105k as pictured.

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/01/05/2024-chevy-silverado-ev-reveal-ces-midgate-avalanche/

$39k work truck version will theoretically exist and no lot will ever see one.

And you have to use your phone or a key card to start it.

"...and the Silverado EV doesn't have a start button. Simply have your phone set as your key or bring the keycard, and the truck automatically turns on and is ready to drive."

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

wankel13b posted:

And you have to use your phone or a key card to start it.

"...and the Silverado EV doesn't have a start button. Simply have your phone set as your key or bring the keycard, and the truck automatically turns on and is ready to drive."

Honestly one of my favorite features, it’s so convenient

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I hate carrying my stupid mobile phone around. get off my lawn!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Suppose it doesn't matter for a pure EV, but lots of times I'm getting in my car I don't want to actually start it.
I also want less everything to do with my phone. I'd rather not tie a bunch of poo poo to a single device that can be stolen or break easily.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

KakerMix posted:

Suppose it doesn't matter for a pure EV, but lots of times I'm getting in my car I don't want to actually start it.
I also want less everything to do with my phone. I'd rather not tie a bunch of poo poo to a single device that can be stolen or break easily.

Presumably it turns off when you leave so what does it matter? And if you don't want to use your phone, use the card instead.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

lol that the thought of having a key to drive a car and either putting it in the ignition and turning it or just pressing a go button is a process that needs to be streamlined further.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It has a sad looking face on the side like the first gen Juke.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

:w00t:

It only took 4 months!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
🎉👏

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Kunabomber posted:

It only took 4 months!

Hope its good! My dad was complaining about the prices of trucks as his Taco is old as hell and beat to poo poo, so I told him to look at these but I don't think he's going to do it.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Sab669 posted:

Hope its good! My dad was complaining about the prices of trucks as his Taco is old as hell and beat to poo poo, so I told him to look at these but I don't think he's going to do it.

Wouldn’t this be a downgrade compared to a Tacoma?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Yeah, a unibody sedan-derived truck with an electronic AWD system that is FWD biased is a hard sell to someone used to body on frame with RWD or true limited slip 4x4.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Kunabomber posted:

Yeah, a unibody sedan-derived truck with an electronic AWD system that is FWD biased is a hard sell to someone used to body on frame with RWD or true limited slip 4x4.

Typical BMW buyers didn't know their cars were RWD for a while there years ago, not sure most people would actually notice if you didn't point it out.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Price is their primary concern.

The only thing he actually uses his truck for is like, mulch in the summer and pellets for their wood stove in the winter - and I'm pretty sure those get delivered.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

it came in today

it is no frills, few creature comforts, awesome

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Congrats! That neptune blue looks awesome.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Russian Bear posted:

Congrats! That neptune blue looks awesome.

that's the trueno blue that looks like it needs a subie badge. my garage lights make it look way more purple or some poo poo than it is

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

big trivia FAIL posted:

it came in today

hell yeah, that's the exact one I'd get

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Kunabomber posted:

It only took 4 months!

Ford is way better at this then Stellantis. I had to bug my dealer for updates.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

big trivia FAIL posted:

that's the trueno blue that looks like it needs a subie badge. my garage lights make it look way more purple or some poo poo than it is

Got my blues messed up.

Personally, I prefer the looks of the GR86. Did your dealer dick you around on msrp?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm catching up just now, but the new Sequoia has switched from IRS to a live axle rear? That's a bit odd.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

big trivia FAIL posted:

it came in today

I got in a new Jimny recently and it was refreshing how little stuff was in it. Just the things you need, absolutely nothing more.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Russian Bear posted:

Got my blues messed up.

Personally, I prefer the looks of the GR86. Did your dealer dick you around on msrp?

Me too, that's why we went with it instead of the BRZ. Not on MSRP, but usual dealer fee BS. We got it for right at 33 out the door.

Here's a daylight pic:

big trivia FAIL fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jan 28, 2022

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I got in a new Jimny recently and it was refreshing how little stuff was in it. Just the things you need, absolutely nothing more.

drat, what market are you in? The only current-gen Jimnys available in the US are $45k+, and illegal to boot: https://www.thedrive.com/news/43958/you-can-buy-a-new-suzuki-jimny-at-us-dealerships-just-dont-ask-too-many-questions

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Twerk from Home posted:

drat, what market are you in? The only current-gen Jimnys available in the US are $45k+, and illegal to boot: https://www.thedrive.com/news/43958/you-can-buy-a-new-suzuki-jimny-at-us-dealerships-just-dont-ask-too-many-questions

I was away in South Africa and got to tootle round in a friend's one. He paid RRP for it which is £19k at home and works out to about $25k, it was bright green and adorable, very spartan, very plastic inside, short on space for anything more than 2 people, buzzy at high speed but then it isn't a motorway mile muncher...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

big trivia FAIL posted:

Me too, that's why we went with it instead of the BRZ. Not on MSRP, but usual dealer fee BS. We got it for right at 33 out the door.

Here's a daylight pic:

looks great! are those the stock wheels they're selling them with? or some winter wheels?

i just hit 1k miles in my new brz so i'm going to record and post a video of me doing donuts this weekend