Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Dudley posted:

Yeah it's been too much of a lottery really. Too many times in races where you've taken a 1mm too far right line on a blind jump and just hit the piece of scenery that chucks you halfway to Texas. Even worse on Danger signs.
Have you tried getting the 5k xp boards? Rewind is a tool in the toolbox.

re: danger signs obviously, can't use it as freely in Trials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

The Midniter posted:

The AI is pretty bad on the cathedral circuit and smashes into the walls pretty regularly since it’s so tight so it shouldn’t be too hard to pass them.
guess who else is bad at the cathedral circuit

The Midniter posted:

Here’s a share code to get this week’s photo challenge (Guanajuato at night): 670 485 774

Was actually fun to drive, too, at least in my little B700 AWD Mugen CRX with off-road tires. Just fling that thing around.
~6 minutes in my B700 2000GT purely out of spite after realizing the length and that rewind was turned off.

But the photo was the tickover for the seasonal hilux so I'm okay with it.

stringless fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jan 21, 2022

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Is the secure three car drops in eliminator bugged? I did it but had it not trigger.

nvm, doing a race got it to trigger as completed

Incessant Excess fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 21, 2022

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

The Midniter posted:

Trial notes this season: hope that your lesser teammates drop out. We were down to three by the second race and easily won the last two.

The AI is pretty bad on the cathedral circuit and smashes into the walls pretty regularly since it’s so tight so it shouldn’t be too hard to pass them.

I ran a 1969 T79 LOLA with this tune: 642 184 354

Good luck!

Another trial that I nailed the first go around. Bizarrely easy. First time I used the Ferrarri, which was a lot slower than some options but had very good handling and accel. Got second both times but both times beyond another human player not an AI. Second time I used the number 24 LOLA or whatever it's called. Which is a banging car if a bit card to control.

I was super surprised that I was able to pretty easily catch up to multiple AI cars, in one race I missed a checkpoint right at the start and STILL ended up passing two AI drivers.

It was strange. Unbeatable AI shouldn't be that slow and shouldn't be crashing into walls all the time like that, especially in an S1 race which should be harder than most.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I thought I was so clever using this car for the Super Sport race this week

And I won! But just after that I earned a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport for playing Eliminator enough times. Real Gift of the Magi hours here.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
If anybody else is tired of waiting around for nighttime in Guanajuato, I made a stupid simple race to complete the #bigcitylights seasonal photo challenge with 0 effort. 106 494 356

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I thought I was so clever using this car for the Super Sport race this week

I thought I was a big brain motherfucker and picked up the much cheaper Bentley Supersport instead of the Bugatti Super Sport. Then upgraded it to the top of S1.

It wouldn't let me join the 'cars named super sport' tournament with it lol. I guess because there's no space in the Bentley name? That's the only thing I can think of lol. Oh well, I just bought both and it worked out fine.

Also how do you trigger the free wheelspin from owning Hotel Castillo? I am literally NOT getting it at all it seems like.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Play posted:

I thought I was a big brain motherfucker and picked up the much cheaper Bentley Supersport instead of the Bugatti Super Sport. Then upgraded it to the top of S1.

It wouldn't let me join the 'cars named super sport' tournament with it lol. I guess because there's no space in the Bentley name? That's the only thing I can think of lol. Oh well, I just bought both and it worked out fine.

Because it needed to be in S2 :v:

I went with the comedy option for this one: a Ford Transit SuperSportVan that barely made it into S2.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I didn't know about the Eliminator thing and just bought the bugatti :sweatdrop:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Max Peck posted:

I went with the comedy option for this one: a Ford Transit SuperSportVan that barely made it into S2.

I'm sure I just typed that wrong, I did have it in S2. I think....

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Some details about the upcoming Season have been released via chinese social media, this is a summary of google translate so may be a bit off:

season is world cup themed
you select a nation (France, Germany, Italy, Japan, UK, US) to represent and earn points for it
new Horizon World Cup jerseys and car horn sounds
showcase remixes
new cars (2016 NIO EP9, 2013 Wuling Hongguang S, 2005 MG XPower SV-R, 2015 MG MG3, 2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0)
fewer seasonal rewards challenges due to player feedback (Eliminator now monthly instead of weekly)
car rewards from one week will be car requirements in the next week, no more having to buy cars for weeklies
season after it will be stunt themed

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012
Might be olympics instead of world cup? Anyway,

quote:

(Eliminator now monthly instead of weekly)

Thank god.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

car rewards from one week will be car requirements in the next week, no more having to buy cars for weeklies

Dangerous.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Max Peck posted:

If you actually use the Bugatti for the challenge, you're just weak, that's facts. Used a Transit SSV too, with a tune that got it up to 920 or so, smoked these rich drivatars.

Incessant Excess posted:

Some details about the upcoming Season have been released via chinese social media, this is a summary of google translate so may be a bit off:

showcase remixes
new cars (2016 NIO EP9, 2013 Wuling Hongguang S, 2005 MG XPower SV-R, 2015 MG MG3, 2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0)
fewer seasonal rewards challenges due to player feedback (Eliminator now monthly instead of weekly)

Are these two the first Chinese cars in the games?
Showcase remixes are cool, fewer seasonal rewards is also cool, although I don't love the week to week thing as a complete replacement, I can see some "Oh man I missed last week's Bentley, I'm hosed now :smith:". They could do it within the week itself (win a championship, get the car for the feature) or even keep it as-is and just use thing like the four million Cr Bentley sparingly. I don't think anyone would be made about needing to spend 200k on a car, but the issue with the Bentley was that it was 20x that.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I hope it doesn't lead to eliminator being played solely by tryhards like myself.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

the Eliminator funkin' blow

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
I mind the Eliminator less than the Trials. The threshold for success is so much lower. Because the Trials are so many points, gently caress it, I'll keep making good players suffer my ineptitude until I get carried to victory.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

eliminator is fine. good, even.

open drifting is the one that sucks rear end, good thing it does not show up *that* often for seasonal poo poo.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Yo the speed trap this week sucks rear end

edit: finally got it but had to launch myself off the hill on the west and jump through the speed trap before landing to get it at like 129mph

slave to my cravings fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 27, 2022

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Was on my way to a race 1 victory and almost assured series victory (as everyone but two others had quit) in the Trial this week when on lap 3 I got disconnected from the session. What a bummer.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

they forgot to put in the custom rear bumper model for the new Audi TT and it makes it look mad maxy

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The eliminator does not count for the win any horizon open event weekly, despite it being in the horizon open menu.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
well, I've 100%'d all the race events, all the skill challenges (except for the ones that require specific 10mil cars), all the story chapters at 3 stars, and I still don't have enough credits to buy the 5mil house. just barely at 3mil in the bank. I have no idea what people are doing that they are complaining about how many credits the game shits out as I've done every event on Highly Skilled and am not receiving whatever grand windfall other people are. I have no desire to grind out online or the colossus glitch so I guess that's that, pretty much done with this game until the first expansion, see ya then

I probably bought too many cars and tuned them instead of just racing with the same handful for a while like a lot of people seem to do, so I guess this is my punishment

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

barnold posted:

well, I've 100%'d all the race events, all the skill challenges (except for the ones that require specific 10mil cars), all the story chapters at 3 stars, and I still don't have enough credits to buy the 5mil house. just barely at 3mil in the bank. I have no idea what people are doing that they are complaining about how many credits the game shits out as I've done every event on Highly Skilled and am not receiving whatever grand windfall other people are. I have no desire to grind out online or the colossus glitch so I guess that's that, pretty much done with this game until the first expansion, see ya then

I probably bought too many cars and tuned them instead of just racing with the same handful for a while like a lot of people seem to do, so I guess this is my punishment

Skill point grinding nets you some credits real quick. Either do drifting or high speed shenanigans with a car that has skill chain bonuses on either. Spend your skill points on spins with all your legendary cars, get money!

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

slave to my cravings posted:

Yo the speed trap this week sucks rear end

edit: finally got it but had to launch myself off the hill on the west and jump through the speed trap before landing to get it at like 129mph

I pumped as much horsepower as I could into the Golf (440 total I think?), backed allllll the way up the nearby Danger Sign ramp to the very edge, then just let loose down the hill straight as an arrow. It was barely enough, but it was enough.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

The Donkervoort is really good for this weeks trial. Handles very well on dirt.
105 181 576

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Incessant Excess posted:

you select a nation (France, Germany, Italy, Japan, UK, US) to represent and earn points for it
new Horizon World Cup jerseys and car horn sounds
showcase remixes

Mmmmm, you know what I always say, the more nationalism in my silly arcade racing game the better!!

Wiltsghost posted:

The Donkervoort is really good for this weeks trial. Handles very well on dirt.
105 181 576

Just gave two of those away via the barn system, now I'm feeling very much the philanthropist

barnold posted:

I'm probably close but pretty sure I've done less than you, definitely haven't finished ever chapter story or race, and my lifetime winnings just from races is around 26 mil according to the loading screen. So you must've spent some money somewhere.

But like someone mentioned, get a car (I like the Hoonigan S200), max out the car masteries on it, kit it out for drifting, then find a spot with fences to smash and wide open spaces to drift in and maybe the occasional fold in the land for jumping and go to town. You should be able to rack up a million plus points which will lead to wheelspins

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Play posted:

But like someone mentioned, get a car (I like the Hoonigan S200), max out the car masteries on it, kit it out for drifting, then find a spot with fences to smash and wide open spaces to drift in and maybe the occasional fold in the land for jumping and go to town. You should be able to rack up a million plus points which will lead to wheelspins

Is there still a 10 skill point maximum per combo like there was in 4?

Best way to spend the points if you want money is that Cayman, one regular and one super spin for about 10 points IIRC

The Midniter posted:

I pumped as much horsepower as I could into the Golf (440 total I think?), backed allllll the way up the nearby Danger Sign ramp to the very edge, then just let loose down the hill straight as an arrow. It was barely enough, but it was enough.

I just used the long stretch of road to the east. Ease off a little bit at the corner and take it flat after the apex and you're fine

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Serperoth posted:

I think it's 7 but with certain cars including the RS200 you can upgrade it to go up to 10. Could be wrong.

I also love the RS200 because it has an upgrade where you get to smash into TWO things before you lose your combo. That can be so freaking useful because sometimes you just misjudge a little but and smash into a tree and lose everything which sucks very much

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Play posted:

I'm probably close but pretty sure I've done less than you, definitely haven't finished ever chapter story or race, and my lifetime winnings just from races is around 26 mil according to the loading screen. So you must've spent some money somewhere.

I'll give it a shot!

Just curious - how many cars do you own currently? I don't feel like I've bought that many cars other than a bunch of cheap ones, but I'm curious how the size of my garage stacks up to people who have loads of cash

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Play posted:

I think it's 7 but with certain cars including the RS200 you can upgrade it to go up to 10. Could be wrong.

I also love the RS200 because it has an upgrade where you get to smash into TWO things before you lose your combo. That can be so freaking useful because sometimes you just misjudge a little but and smash into a tree and lose everything which sucks very much

I think most (all?) cars have that for 25 points.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

The Midniter posted:

I think most (all?) cars have that for 25 points.
Plus the three points along the bottom to get to it, yep

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Livery recommendations are working flawlessly I see :v:

Powershift posted:

they forgot to put in the custom rear bumper model for the new Audi TT and it makes it look mad maxy

It's there, you just have to use the Sport front bumper too. If you try to do stock front / Sport rear it's bugged. Sport front / Sport rear works just fine.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jan 28, 2022

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Serperoth posted:

There's still a 10 skill point cap at 1,000,000 trick points. Anything beyond that is wasted. I haven't seen any cars in 5 that increase the multiplier beyond 5. When skill songs play, the multiplier can get up to 10.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

It's 1 skill point per 50K, maxing out for 10 at 500K.

There are a few cars that increase the multiplier cap to 7x (Hoonigan RS200 being a notable one, a few Forza Editions like the '53 Corvette, most or all of the Formula Drift cars, others I'm forgetting) but the skill song multiplier increase is to 10x max for any car.

(If you're running a 7x max and you're just going for skill points, you can stop at 71,500 x 7)

stringless fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 28, 2022

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The hoonicorn v2 goes to 8 and the Peel trident goes to 9

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Neat, but those were both seasonal rewards only. So if you didn't already get them, good luck finding them on the Auction House (dunno what they'd go for but there aren't any of either up).

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FFT posted:

Neat, but those were both seasonal rewards only. So if you didn't already get them, good luck finding them on the Auction House (dunno what they'd go for but there aren't any of either up).

I just checked and there are 3 hoonicorns there for $20m a piece, bargain.

84 Hondas go for $20m now and i have 7 left. there are enough in the auction house that i might be able to get them to people for $22k.
Italdesigns go for $15,736. I have 3 but the minimum price i can set is 1.32m
Aventador Js go for $9,117,000 but are still on their way up. I have 10 but the minimum price i can set is 1.485m
575Ms go for 7.8m on their way up, i have 2 i can list for 138k but they would almost certainly get sniped by macrobros
Raesrs go for $6,554,000, i have 7, the lowest price i can set is $580k
Deloreans still only go for 1.8m but are slowly on their way up. There were so many bought/distributed with the bug at launch that i don't think they'll ever get over 5m. I still i can list them for $8000 if someone needs a starter boost.

If anybody needs any of these or need a cash boost i can try to get one to you.

There are so few people earning the newer cars, so even fewer selling them that it's not even worth the time trying to win more in the auctions. There are only 526k times in the monthly rivals which is pretty sad out of 16m players.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Powershift posted:

I just checked and there are 3 hoonicorns there for $20m a piece, bargain.
V2?

One of the odd drawbacks of auctions defaulting to an hour I guess.

I should do another round of auctioning off duplicates, that's how I afforded the castle in the first place

stringless fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FFT posted:

V2?

One of the odd drawbacks of auctions defaulting to an hour I guess.

I should do another round of auctioning off duplicates, that's how I afforded the castle in the first place

yeah, V2. they last 2-3 minutes but there are cars flowing. rarer stuff barely moves.

I tried refreshing for about a minute for a few of the newer cars and never saw a single one. When i was buying hondas one would come up nearly every refresh.

When you have a 1 in 20 chance of even seeing a car for auction and then a 1 in 20 chance of winning one once you see it, it starts to not make sense.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jan 28, 2022