Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You're all overthinking it. Obviously the car on top just hit the gas at the last second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's like when cross country skiers stick their ski out in front of them at the finish line

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
10:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVaO0BPgN08&t=601s

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

My copy of Far Cry 6 just had its audio channels screw up in a way I haven't seen before. The primary channel just disappeared, and the secondary one(s) halfway halfway flaked out. So basically no dialogue or vehicle engine noises, mostly no gunfire noises, and only a weird muted whap sound when bullets hit you. It makes for a tougher combat challenge, by the way.
Anyway, it took way too long for me to figure out it might be the game because my immediate assumption was that my headset cable had some wires flake out. But no, restarting the game fixed it perfectly.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Played the entirety of Death Stranding with a weird input duplication bug. If I was holding an analog stick in a direction and pressed a button, when I released the stick it would repeat the button press, sometimes repeatedly if I was wiggling the stick back and forth. This lead to things like getting on a vehicle and immediately getting off again, opening the map and immediately closing it, getting off a vehicle and executing a full melee combo, or unequipping the weapon that I really needed to use to shoot that guy/thing in the face right now now now what are you doing.

Also my playthrough of Watch Dogs: Legion is currently plagued by a bug where pedestrians will rapidly fly on or off screen, in their standard standing or moving poses as dictated by their actions, clipping through scenery as needed.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Sounds like something oh so slightly amiss with your hardware? But also hilarious, so keep trucking.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
The double input bug in Death Stranding happened to me too, apparently it's a thing to do with certain controllers and Steam's controller handling (there is some weird conflict between how it wants to handle controller input vs. Death Stranding). You can make it stop by starting the game, then disconnecting and reconnecting the controller.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I like that the game apparently have advanced ringside rope physics™

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/qwsyc4P.mp4
Gotta admit, that is a pretty solid distraction technique

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

https://twitter.com/kilin_rc/status/1486355110196563974

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

No lie I'd play a game like this

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

This is clearly the work of an enemy Stand

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://twitter.com/X7_SPIRITR224/status/1486592411426246659?t=rKCM-lpJ1o6K3it4H9QVjQ&s=19

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

it's okay, lil' buddy.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Big Stig's Over the Road Racing

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
I had a glitch with my first play through of a game that was so incredibly thematic I did not realize it was a glitch.

Near the end of the mad max game before the final boss battle when max has a psychotic break and drives out to the edge of a cliff my game audio glitched out so the only sound I could hear from then on till the end of the game was silence and max's voice, at the time I thought it was a really cool way to show how max was so enraged that he was blocking out everything else in the world to focus purely on revenge, playing through the game a second time I was a little disappointed to hear the normal audio.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

coldpudding posted:

I had a glitch with my first play through of a game that was so incredibly thematic I did not realize it was a glitch.

Near the end of the mad max game before the final boss battle when max has a psychotic break and drives out to the edge of a cliff my game audio glitched out so the only sound I could hear from then on till the end of the game was silence and max's voice, at the time I thought it was a really cool way to show how max was so enraged that he was blocking out everything else in the world to focus purely on revenge, playing through the game a second time I was a little disappointed to hear the normal audio.

I had a similar type of glitch happen to me with Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice.

At the end of the game when you finally get the sword and have to fight your demons, the cutscene played and Senua picked up the sword, but as soon as gameplay resumed, the sword model didn't render. Senua was still going through the animations of swinging the sword, and the demons were being hit and killed. I thought it was a really neat way to hammer home that everything Senua had to confront and everything she was doing was caused by her disorder. I only learned that it wasn't supposed to be like that when I was telling someone else how I really like the final bits of the game for how it represented Senua's mental disorder.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The music didn't play for me during the final chapter of Death Stranding. The whole ending of DS takes a while, and when I got control back at the start of that final chapter I decided to call it quits for the day and save some for the day after. When I loaded the game I only took a couple steps before a song title appeared on the screen. No song actually played tho, I just got the usual sound effects for the remainder of my journey.

Death Stranding has lots of songs that play at certain points when you're traveling, most of them by Low Roar. The song for that final chapter is something special. It was made by the game's composer, it features a melody repeated throughout the game and some of the lyrics were sung earlier on. It's supposed to be a pretty epic, emotional moment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghk1RFr51xo

Without the music it's just another delivery. And you know what, that was fine. Sometimes you don't need a tugging on the heartstrings for something to be memorable.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 18:44 on Jan 28, 2022

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

The music didn't play for me during the final chapter of Death Stranding. The whole ending of DS takes a while, and when I got control back at the start of that final chapter I decided to call it quits for the day and save some for the day after. When I loaded the game I only took a couple steps before a song title appeared on the screen. No song actually played tho, I just got the usual sound effects for the remainder of my journey.

Death Stranding has lots of songs that play at certain points when you're traveling, most of them by Low Roar. The song for that final chapter is something special. It was made by the game's composer, it features a melody repeated throughout the game and some of the lyrics were sung earlier on. It's supposed to be a pretty epic, emotional moment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghk1RFr51xo

Without the music it's just another delivery. And you know what, that was fine. Sometimes you don't need a tugging on the heartstrings for something to be memorable.

That happened to me as well. A lot of things cancel the music in that game. I guess they really want you to slow down and look around when it starts.

First time through Red Dead Redemption 1, I tumbled off my horse right before the music begins on the way to New Elizabeth. Having the music changes the mood greatly. Robbed, robbed, I tell you.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

I'm unreasonably impressed that the giant monster STIG is reflecting and casting shadows on the car.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Wait, is my car still there? OK, good

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

madeintaipei posted:

First time through Red Dead Redemption 1, I tumbled off my horse right before the music begins on the way to New Elizabeth. Having the music changes the mood greatly. Robbed, robbed, I tell you.

I was taking that trip slow and easy, digging the music, not wanting to arrive too quick and cut it off. Then a cougar tackled me off my horse.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Thank you, zombies, for respecting my grief

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

haveblue posted:

Thank you, zombies, for respecting my grief

They don't eat sadbrains

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I check the star citizen thread every so often to see how things are going. Looking good!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I think I saw that guy drawn in the margins of a medieval manuscript

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Stolen from reddit (with sound):

https://i.imgur.com/jzHJbq0.mp4

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

What I missing?

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

I think it's the announcer calling it a tough call when he couldn't have been safer.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Beartaco posted:

What I missing?

The first baseman catches the ball while his feet are not even close to touching first base (if they were touching first base, the runner would be “out” instead of “safe”). It’s funny because the video game is asking the player if he wants to challenge the call of “safe” and the announcers are acting like it’s a close call.

Edit: on rewatch, the first baseman doesn’t even catch the ball until the runner has already touched first base anyways, so the fact it’s a ‘close call’ is even funnier with that in mind.

Nottherealaborn has a new favorite as of 01:50 on Feb 3, 2022

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lmao

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Nottherealaborn posted:

The first baseman catches the ball while his feet are not even close to touching first base (if they were touching first base, the runner would be “out” instead of “safe”). It’s funny because the video game is asking the player if he wants to challenge the call of “safe” and the announcers are acting like it’s a close call.

Edit: on rewatch, the first baseman doesn’t even catch the ball until the runner has already touched first base anyways, so the fact it’s a ‘close call’ is even funnier with that in mind.

Thank you! Don't know anything about baseball and I didn't realise the catcher had to also touch the base.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I feel like if you push the button to challenge there, the game should just go "oh so you're going to be that kind of manager, huh?" and you get to watch your coach get into a real-time 15 minute argument with the umpire that he eventually loses.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
Adding challenges to sports games is stupid because it's either adding wrong calls and testing the player's ability to assess based on whatever viewpoint the game decides to give you, or just a pitfall. Realism to the detriment of the medium.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
They should make challenges in sports game behave like a reroll in Blood Bowl. Your runner gets out, so you challenge the play, :rolldice: your runner actually managed to steal an extra base!

Edit: Or your runner breaks a leg.

Velocity Raptor has a new favorite as of 02:19 on Feb 3, 2022

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WealthyEvergreenArrowworm-mobile.mp4

My guy could've made the out, but instead he decided to electric slide 20 feet

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Waste of Breath posted:

Adding challenges to sports games is stupid because it's either adding wrong calls and testing the player's ability to assess based on whatever viewpoint the game decides to give you, or just a pitfall. Realism to the detriment of the medium.

When Madden first added challenges to their games, I would challenge out of frustration any time I missed getting a first down. Usually it meant still missing the first down, but winning the challenge and the game moving the ball an inch forward. Amazing programming.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Velocity Raptor posted:

They should make challenges in sports game behave like a reroll in Blood Bowl. Your runner gets out, so you challenge the play, :rolldice: your runner actually managed to steal an extra base!

Edit: Or your runner breaks a leg.

That could actually be interesting, make a play purposefully unclear and there's a hidden roll in the background based on a coaching stat or something to decide whose favor it falls in. But ultimately it's still "3 coin flips per game" or whatever. But I suppose it'd add some strategy.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Add in either fighting mechanics or logic-based dialogue combat, boom problem solved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Captain Hygiene posted:

Add in either fighting mechanics or logic-based dialogue combat, boom problem solved

Get into a rap battle with the ref, and if you win you become the ref and rule in your own favor.