Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Futurist Agent - 3U

Creature - Human Ninja (Uncommon)

As long as ~ is tapped, it is a Human Citizen with basic power and toughness 1/1 and it can't be blocked.
2U: Untap ~.

3/4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Fucker posted:

cool idea for a cycle

The white march is going to be good when it's a stone rain and otherwise unplayable

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That's Leonardo

PLease no Kap no kap
So guess it's the shell of the Second-to-last Kappa?

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jan 28, 2022

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Sampatrick posted:

The white march is going to be good when it's a stone rain and otherwise unplayable

the blue one is gonna be the most expensive rare of the set*

*if it counters stuff

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
The blue one will be a draw x cards, discard x - 1 cards or some poo poo and be bad

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

There's other cards with channel too

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

Archenteron posted:

I mean, Mirrodin has five moons...

Wasn't he with Urabrask doing rebellion stuff and hiding from Elesh Norn?

Probably not this, but I believe in a Magic comic from last year, some fish cult Simic people bounced a telepathic signal off of Jace's brain or something and Marit Lage's iceberg tomb is now floating towards Ravnica like a comet.

Koth was with rebel/renegades last we knew, yeah. Though iirc they weren't really "with" Urabrask more in what was his territory with Urabrask just ignoring them and letting hem do as they please. Though the specifics of the situation can easily change by word of god/time passage while lore was elsewhere.

Re: the Marit Lage comic stuff, I think those comics are non canon?

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

I'm wondering if each of the Praetors has their own strategy for compleating planeswalkers, and Urabrask is going for the predator handshake method by becoming frenemies with Koth instead of outright killing him?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

The art in this set is SO GOOD

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Sampatrick posted:

if u say so

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

FrozenPhoenix71 posted:

Re: the Marit Lage comic stuff, I think those comics are non canon?

Yeah, unfortunately they're in their own continuity, but they've been pretty good thus far.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I wonder if this is good enough for the newer affinity lists. Being able to tap any artifact for a mana instead of just a creature isn't nothing. You can tap a bauble or an equipment for free basically.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I wonder if this is good enough for the newer affinity lists. Being able to tap any artifact for a mana instead of just a creature isn't nothing. You can tap a bauble or an equipment for free basically.

I thought about that but it's not fetchable with Urza's Saga since it costs blue and producing colorless is a definite drawback since the newer lists are much heavier on white/blue.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That's Leonardo

Nah, exiles artifacts - does machines.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BizarroAzrael posted:

Uhhh twin katanas much???

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Framboise posted:

The art in this set is SO GOOD

:yeah:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That's Leonardo

Someone is going to really gently caress up a draft match by not realizing the deathtouch counter doesn’t actually give it death touch

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
The flavor in this set is impeccable

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I really like some of the things I have seen so far. The art is slaying. Some of the cards are very good so far. We still have a long ways to go though.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

The Nastier Nate posted:

Someone is going to really gently caress up a draft match by not realizing the deathtouch counter doesn’t actually give it death touch

what do you you think a deathtouch counter does, if it's not granting deathtouch?

followup question, explain what you think Boot Nipper does

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
i am definitely buying a box of this set to draft with friends. art and flavor are :krad:

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

The Nastier Nate posted:

You're going to gently caress up a draft match by not realizing that the rules have been updated

quote:

122.1b A keyword counter on a permanent or on a card in a zone other than the battlefield causes that object to gain that keyword. The keywords that a keyword counter can be are flying, first strike, double strike, deathtouch, haste, hexproof, indestructible, lifelink, menace, reach, trample, and vigilance, as well as any variants of those keywords. See rule 613.1f.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

BizarroAzrael posted:

All the turtles beat up the foot clan robots.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I thought about that but it's not fetchable with Urza's Saga since it costs blue and producing colorless is a definite drawback since the newer lists are much heavier on white/blue.

You're most likely right that not being fetchable with Saga kills it's playability.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This is great in the historic affinity deck

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Destroy target creature or planeswalker.
Costs 1 less if you control an artifact.
Costs 1 less if you control an Enchantment

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The mana reduction text on Bosejiu, who endures has big "Drain ability on scarab god" energy.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Calling it. Koth is already compeated. They’re going to use CyberTammy to release Emrakul and either successfully compleat her or start an interdimensional battle that will involve the return of the other two titans and likely a multiversal reset.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

AlternateNu posted:

Calling it. Koth is already compeated. They’re going to use CyberTammy to release Emrakul and either successfully compleat her or start an interdimensional battle that will involve the return of the other two titans and likely a multiversal reset.

If he is, Jin Gitaxis didn't know about it. Tamiyo was billed as the first

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jan 28, 2022

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Do we know if NEO will have anything equivalent to expeditions, masterpieces, etc? Like premium reprints that aren't part of the set?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Calling it now since we are getting a gangster plane, all the alternate art is going to be gaudy tasteless imitations of Renaissance art, maybe even some Goya inspired art of Robert de Niro kicks to bring in some modernism. Want demons in big poofy coats chomping on cigars and fedoras.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

AlternateNu posted:

Koth can't be compleated. He was immunized by Melira.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

IIRC the current ruling faction of Phyrexia are Bant alligned, so I'd guess that we're only gonna see Phyrexian planeswalkers in those colors

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
i think i just burned my playneo code but i didnt get any packs out of it

Production
Jun 11, 2001

Shabadu posted:

I'm wondering if each of the Praetors has their own strategy for compleating planeswalkers, and Urabrask is going for the predator handshake method by becoming frenemies with Koth instead of outright killing him?

There’s a flavor text where Urabrask notes that the Mirrans are almost perfect already, and the red faction’s vibe is the most opposed to indoctrination. So I wouldn’t be surprised if Jin-Gitaxias gets his domain wrecked by a “compleated” Koth that just has a big magma arm or brass-plated skin and no other changes.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Creature - Human Samurai

~ gets +2/+0 for each other modified creature you control (Equipment, Auras you control, and counters are modifications.)

Nezumi Prowler - 1B

Artifact Creature - Rat Ninja (Uncommon)

Ninjutsu 1B
When ~ enters the battlefield, target creature you control gains deathtouch and lifelink until the end of turn.

3/1

Sorcery.

All creatures get -2/-2 until end of turn. If a creature would die this turn, exile it instead.

(i think this was listed yesterday in non-English maybe)

Speedy Hover Bike - 2

Artifact - Vehicle (Uncommon)

Flash
Flying
When ~ enters the battlefield, tap up to one target creature.
Crew 1

2/2

1BG

Enchantment Creature - Cat Beast (Uncommon)

Menace

When ~ enters the battlefield, return target permanent card from your graveyard to your hand.

If ~ dies, exile it instead.

(this was leaked i believe)

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I thought koth was dead or implied to be dead in a piece of side fiction

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

kalvanoo posted:

i think i just burned my playneo code but i didnt get any packs out of it

you didn't, that code only works when the set releases

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Uhhh twin katanas much???

You’re both wrong, that guy is clearly cool, but rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TotalHell posted:

You’re both wrong, that guy is clearly cool, but rude.

Gimme a break