Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

NPR literally just had someone on to say that the surge 'is looking better in the northeast' and that the end of the pandemic is in sight.

2022 so far has been worse than 2021 which was worse than 2020. I feel like I'm listening to crazy people on the radio and on TV.

you are listening to crazy people on the tv and radio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

NPR literally just had someone on to say that the surge 'is looking better in the northeast' and that the end of the pandemic is in sight.

2022 so far has been worse than 2021 which was worse than 2020. I feel like I'm listening to crazy people on the radio and on TV.

And now, birdnote

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe
[COVID] Hey Ted, you miss brunch? How bout you brunch on this whole rear end!

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Zurtilik posted:

I knew a guy who went into get his appendix removed and they replaced it with an afterword.

:bighow:

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

i guess the cdc was right about exactly one thing

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Thoguh posted:

I'm running in to that to. I've had multiple people tell me that we are past the peak. And they're right, cases to appear to be going down in our area. However, our testing is still redlined with over 40% of tests being positive. Which means that our numbers aren't very reliable. But also we're still super high! This week isn't as bad as last week but it's still the 4th or 5th highest number of positives we've had the entire last two years. It doesn't disappear after a peak, there's still a shitload of people getting sick!

Time to openerup!

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

we all live in a kafkaesque horror and the sooner you embrace the inevitably of society loving around and ignoring reality, the easier it is on your crumbling sanity

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

covid causes memory loss op

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

alarumklok posted:

we all live in a kafkaesque horror and the sooner you embrace the inevitably of society loving around and ignoring reality, the easier it is on your crumbling sanity

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Thank you to whomever it was who posted up-thread that Grainger is allowing orders on the 3M 9210+. I went ahead and ordered some. My hope is that with the different strap material, they'll be more comfortable with my large head. Maybe I'm just being a baby about it either way, my typical use case is 5-15 minutes in a grocery store.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Bob Socko posted:

Thank you to whomever it was who posted up-thread that Grainger is allowing orders on the 3M 9210+. I went ahead and ordered some. My hope is that with the different strap material, they'll be more comfortable with my large head. Maybe I'm just being a baby about it either way, my typical use case is 5-15 minutes in a grocery store.

gently caress it if you got the money make sure to get PPE that both fits well and makes you feel ok about the plagueworld when you're in it

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

are there any respirators with no "brittle plastic", including filters? when i return to the factory in march it's against policy to bring anything with brittle plastic onto the floor (food regs). The only exception is if it is detectable by metal detectors

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

lmao its great because she's clearly the bully and just a really nasty brunch covidian

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1487094700473561090

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Bullfrog posted:

are there any respirators with no "brittle plastic", including filters? when i return to the factory in march it's against policy to bring anything with brittle plastic onto the floor (food regs). The only exception is if it is detectable by metal detectors

I don't understand. A respirator sits on your face. Do you guys have machinery / sharp tools flying around close to your face on the regular basis there?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Bullfrog posted:

You'd think a workplace with such strict safety regs would have an appropriate N95 solution ready to go.

I'm just messing with ya of course. It is funny how many OSHA and healthy/safety reps who love to bring the hammer down on coworkers for things like eye and hearing protection infractions seem to completely ignore COVID.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bob Socko posted:

That just reminded me to order some more as well. They are back ordered and it says I won't get them for a month, but I have more than a month's supply so that's fine. Now just gotta find a place that has Bluna Facefits in stock for my wife, since she isn't interested in anything that has head straps and prefers the KF94s.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

NeonPunk posted:

I don't understand. A respirator sits on your face. Do you guys have machinery / sharp tools flying around close to your face on the regular basis there?

Some places where you could bonk your head or face but not really. I agree it's really loving dumb.

McCracAttack posted:

You'd think a workplace with such strict safety regs would have an appropriate N95 solution ready to go.

I'm just messing with ya of course. It is funny how many OSHA and healthy/safety reps who love to bring the hammer down on coworkers for things like eye and hearing protection infractions seem to completely ignore COVID.

Yeah, the whole last work season I relied on Powecoms and successfully avoided infection but I'm sick of having to keep buying them + I don't trust the seal after getting sweaty as hell

Serf
May 5, 2011

of the people i know, even the other folks that were being careful are starting to give up. i have a coworker who has been very proactive about covid, taking the proper precautions and poo poo. but now she's complaining that her son can't get surgery because their policy is to test every kid and he hates the swab in the nose, so she's hoping they'll stop that testing procedure so she won't have to hear him cry about it. lmao

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

McCracAttack posted:

Why would OSHA care about something that is over?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Serf posted:

of the people i know, even the other folks that were being careful are starting to give up. i have a coworker who has been very proactive about covid, taking the proper precautions and poo poo. but now she's complaining that her son can't get surgery because their policy is to test every kid and he hates the swab in the nose, so she's hoping they'll stop that testing procedure so she won't have to hear him cry about it. lmao

Louisgod posted:

It's a concerted effort to gaslight the populace into accepting the current rate of infection and death as normal, and it's working.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Bullfrog posted:

From my brief googling thermoplastic elastomer isn't "brittle plastic"?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bullfrog posted:

I think in that case you're stuck going the disposable N95 route.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

Why would OSHA care about something that is over?

Less OSHA and more the dude at your site who's supposed to make sure the fire extinguishers are topped off but turns it into a one man power trip. Spends hours convincing your boss he should be allowed to bring in a gun loaded with blanks for an active shooter drill yet is strangely silent about COVID.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Serf posted:

I know I'm struggling personally and the main thing keeping me going is having an unvaccinated kid under 5. I'm staying strong through this wave but I really am unsure how I'm going to reconsider things afterword. I am very much hoping that the vaccine for kids under five gets approved before the next wave takes off. It is super tough to be surrounded by a society that's doing nothing, especially friends and family that think they are being safe because they are doing what the CDC says they should and why would anyone think that's not good enough?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

if you can (it's hard to speak with certainty given economic coercion exists), you should avoid leaving isolation until you test negative

the number of days it takes to no longer be infectious falls into a range, of which 10 to 14 days is a reasonable average, but people can be infectious for longer than that

what's particularly maddening about staying inside like this, which I am because I tested positive sunday, is knowing that almost nobody anywhere I would go gives a poo poo. They're all just happily going about their lives maskless, many of them unvaccinated and boosted, and even with me staying home because I don't want to infect people, for everyone person like me there's 15 more that don't give a gently caress and even if they get a positive test will go to 10 different stores and a movie the next day. It's loving pointless actually! the only thing it does do is clear my own conscience. It doesn't loving help at all in reality lol

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Thoguh posted:

That just reminded me to order some more as well. They are back ordered and it says I won't get them for a month, but I have more than a month's supply so that's fine. Now just gotta find a place that has Bluna Facefits in stock for my wife, since she isn't interested in anything that has head straps and prefers the KF94s.

Do you have a good link for those? Getting my wife to wear an N95 is a negotiation each time, and a big part of that is head straps.

Completely unrelated: if I ever stop posting for no apparent reason, it's because I'm a boosted breakthrough case and ~somebody~ brought it home. :(

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

McCracAttack posted:

i work on a dock and I constantly get yelled at about opening the doors on empty trailer bays but I only do it every time someone walks past me with their nose out of their mask

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Lol from 2018.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

👀👀👀 https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/1487094406159110147?s=21

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

look at those numbers since 2016

Apr 7, 2003

Zeroisanumber posted:

Lol from 2018.

This county has 1,575 bridges that didn't collapse, what's the big deal

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bob Socko posted:

Do you have a good link for those? Getting my wife to wear an N95 is a negotiation each time, and a big part of that is head straps.

Completely unrelated: if I ever stop posting for no apparent reason, it's because I'm a boosted breakthrough case and ~somebody~ brought it home. :(

I used to get them from BeHealthyUSA but they seem to have stopped selling them so the last time I ordered them I got them from https://kollecteusa.com . As far as I can tell Kollect USA is a legit distributor. They are currently sold out.

https://kollecteusa.com/collections/kf94/products/blunak-kf94-black

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jan 28, 2022

Apr 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/AvantIndiePGH/status/1487080045772296194

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

At least WTYP has a new item for the goddamn news.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Lol this got to me I was laughing so hard. NOT TOO HAPPY lmao

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
got my four (2) covid tests in the mail today

they gave me iHealth

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

got my four (2) covid tests in the mail today

they gave me iHealth

same here. I didn't think to check where it shipped from so I have no clue as to whether my tests froze at some point or not :/

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Same, mine came from Topeka. Definitly froze between there and my mailbox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

Lacrosse posted:

just let everyone take off their masks and poo poo all their intestines out with ivermectin and drink all their piss I don't give a gently caress

the faster these brunchers become permanently crippled by long covid the faster I don't have to listen to them whine anymore. It's a free country and we should let all these goddamn idiots live their lovely loving lives for however long or short that may be. Let these people get their cheeseburger lungs because they needed to watch spooderman in the theater, let them never be able to walk up a flight of stairs without an oxygen tank because they needed to have their Applebee's, let them stroke out on the shitter because they needed to spend 10 hours in line at Disney for a stupid goddamn popcorn bucket. Accelerationism is the way; the faster this gets worse the faster it gets better. We should be thanking all these European countries for dropping all their precautions, now we get to see omicron's TRUE power

I know this sounds cold and I'm sorry for all the immunocompromised people who are suffering right now, I'm one of them so I know how it feels, but if this is the way it's going to be then I'm going to revel in the destruction of this lovely world I've been forced to live in. Bring it on so that the future maybe has a chance at being better because the status quo will never change until it burns the gently caress down

I'm ready to watch this world end. We don't need no water, let the mother fucker burn.

BURN MOTHERFUCKER