Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori shows what the Matrix might have been like if Neo was into :catdrugs:

E:

This one I have no idea how to translate.

The literal translation on the sign is "get out of mistake/erroneous positions", which I guess is the Finnish term for bad posture, bad foot angling when walking etc.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jan 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! February 17, 1919

Outbursts of Everett True February 16, 1919

Gay and Her Gang February 27, 1930

Oaky Doaks July 29, 1936

Mopsy October 6, 1937

Up Front November 9, 1944

Dark Laughter October 7, 1950

So It Seems April 11, 1952

Those Were the Days June 19, 1958

Wee Pals April 20, 1966

Dogbert November 22, 1966

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Slammy posted:

Dogbert November 22, 1966

Dogbert's origin story: he killed a man and was given the choice between prison and the army at age 8.

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

Green Intern posted:

This shouldn’t be such a big deal. The car wasn’t damaged. Michael was clearly upset that he got lost and was late. Foobdad just has awful boomer parenting skills.

Ah well you see, the dad is angry, and his anger is justified and valid. Michael is afraid, upset, and ashamed, which are defects in character and invalid. Honest mistake? New driver's inexperience? All excuses, totally avoidable if Michael had not been a willfully disobedient boy.

It's possible that in the next few days of strips the dad will see the error of his ways here, but we've seen enough instances of the kids and parents being upset at each other in FOOB with no resolution or reconciliation (just someone staring frazzled into the middle distance with the strip's punchline in their though bubble as the other person walks away) that I don't have my hopes up.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Green Intern posted:

God. Not even a single day of him at the resort. I am dying for this to be Wilbur’s hallucination.

The pacing is such that I think it has to be either dream sequence or "oh god this storyline was a huge mistake I've got to get out of it ASAP".

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Slammy posted:

And He Did! February 17, 1919

Looks like an Everett True crossover to me..

quote:

Still works if you take away the maps and give everyone a different smartphone

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Binary Badger posted:

Looks like an Everett True crossover to me..

Still works if you take away the maps and give everyone a different smartphone

You don't even have to have different phones, just different apps. Google Maps and Waze, despite both being Google products, will give me wildly different suggestions for a trip.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Green Intern posted:

God. Not even a single day of him at the resort. I am dying for this to be Wilbur’s hallucination.

This shouldn’t be such a big deal. The car wasn’t damaged. Michael was clearly upset that he got lost and was late. Foobdad just has awful boomer parenting skills.

we're well past the point where the real dad left and so we are where lynn was writing fictional stories that portray her as the good parent, right?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Didn't they say the writer was sick of writing about him? Maybe they just want to bench both characters for a few years.

At least until Mary has to be a character witness at a very messy divorce after Wilbur gives all their money to a waitress who smiles at him.

The scene of him waving his shirt around his head in a court room as he dramatises the rampant sex he didn't have with her even after he transferred the cash will go down as a comic classic.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1947

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Storm P

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

quote:

Tr...uce? Armistice dangles just out of reach! Will diplomacy win where half-hearted throttling has thus far failed?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
I'm just going to leave this here:

In case someone wants it.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

What's bugging me about current FOOB is the timing. Michael was hella lost so surely it took him a while to get home after his phone call. Did Elly just not say anything to her husband in that time? No "oh Mike called he got terribly lost but he's on his way!" ? Did she not see or sense him working himself into a huge fit? I guess this gives Lynn a chance to set Elly up as Best Martyred Mom going to bat for her poor idiot child, so I shouldn't be that surprised.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Slammy posted:

Remember the good old days of... getting lost in the middle of nowhere?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm just chuffed to bits about the scary fourth graders in Wallace actually being chill and welcoming, even though who'd seriously expect anything less from this gem of a comic? :3:

Vater und Sohn: The film rabbits (47/1936)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

NRVNQSR posted:

The pacing is such that I think it has to be either dream sequence or "oh god this storyline was a huge mistake I've got to get out of it ASAP".
Mistake? This is the most attention this strip has gotten in ages.

I don't think it's a dream either, but this is going fast so I could see it being that.

F Minus

Mark Trail

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I really do not understand what happened in Mark Trail at all.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Hostile V posted:

I expect the worst possible outcome which is Estelle telling Wilbur she'll marry him and then they get married.

we need the wedding where wilbur gets too drink hits on someone and estelle breaks up with him again

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

The_Other posted:

Steeple: Clotted Crime Part 4 - Jason

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

Hell yeh rev

I like the time appearing in the windows.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Vargo posted:

I really do not understand what happened in Mark Trail at all.

Months of setup by somebody who doesn't always know how to tell a story. I guess DDG Shipping keeps spreading the mussels and got away with sending a pair of thugs to steal evidence and assault people.

I'm glad we got that entire week of a conversation about marimo balls though, or Cricket Bro offering somebody he hates a job? And cutting the payoff of the Cherry story short literally in the middle of it.

But then again it's felt like Jules has been panic treading water since after the first story.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Transmodiar posted:

I'm just going to leave this here:

In case someone wants it.

...kind of

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
trouble in paradise

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

ChaCha Chako: Nested flashbacks!

Night Visitors

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So ChaCha's world was made for her too? That's interesting.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Those faces in The Phantom are amazing. That old lady has had enough of Kit's poo poo.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Doomykins posted:

I guess DDG Shipping keeps spreading the mussels and got away with sending a pair of thugs to steal evidence and assault people.

To be fair Mark Trail got away with murdering a helicopter pilot and a couple of guys on boats so it's only fair the bad guys can get away with their crimes too.

I feel kinda bad for record shop guy to be honest.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

loving neckbeard gooncats

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

loving neckbeard gooncats

I like that the bird sombrero is bigger than the cage.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Space glitch is like a glitch but in space.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Look, I can accept calling Gish, Siamese Dream, Mellon Collie, or Adore old, but Zeitgeist was released this century.

Also, why get excited over finding Zeitgeist on vinyl?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

howe_sam posted:

Look, I can accept calling Gish, Siamese Dream, Mellon Collie, or Adore old, but Zeitgeist was released this century.

Also, why get excited over finding Zeitgeist on vinyl?

Walt's son has his turbo nerd moments.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

"You got a Time Crisis 2 machine?!"

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I smiled pretty hard at Bee Fart.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (May 14, 1934)

Peanuts (January 31, 1975)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (August 30, 1938)

Out Our Way (February 24-26, 1938)

Toonerville Folks (August 29-31, 1918)

Dok's Grifty Ducks (December 16, 1913)

Little Lefty (January 2-4, 1936)

There's a little extra Lefty art in the 2nd edition because The Daily Worker was launching a Sunday edition!

Coming soon to the Daily Worker: a comic strip adaptation of the Sinclair Lewis novel about the rise of an American fascist dictatorship. Fun for the whole family!

And yes, I will be looking for it in my source. Posting it might be another matter altogether.

Blondie (From Zero) (August 6-8, 1931)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Hostile V posted:

I expect the worst possible outcome which is Estelle telling Wilbur she'll marry him and then they get married.

Green Intern posted:

NRVNQSR posted:

https://twitter.com/teaberryblue/status/1487105264809652233