Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
It's actually a migrant caravan that's making it's way to the border.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

1) lmao no it isnt
2) ok maybe more functional vehicles

3) The Coward Douglas Ford's brain-dead daughter and idiot son-in-law were there waving a gadsen flag

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
4) The truckers probably have boots

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Impressive level of "completely ignoring the question" here from O'Toole:

https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur/status/1486874717613142017

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bub spank posted:

Justin, how DARE you associate me with the people I actively sought out and met with in person. That's disingenuous.

What a flipping fool.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

PittTheElder posted:

At least they're committing fewer sexual assaults than the Canadian military?

They're still truckers, we aren't comparing them to the RCMP.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

bub spank posted:

Boy I can't imagine why everyone's worried about a wide spectrum of bigots all riled up and headed towards the Nation's capitol building with the endorsement of a conservative party leader.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Watching the handfuls of idiots acting like every single truck in normal traffic is somehow the convoy was hilarious but now is just sad.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

infernal machines posted:

4) The truckers probably have boots

Their tires also probably dont melt.

SHAQ4PREZ
Dec 21, 2004

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Economy Car
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeYVyhhHY-Y

I thank the convoy for emboldening the dumbest motherfuckers in this country to out themselves.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Boy I can't imagine why everyone's worried about a wide spectrum of bigots all riled up and headed towards the Nation's capitol building with the endorsement of a conservative party leader.

Yeah you don't need to specify that last bit

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Saalkin posted:

My tattoo artist posted a pro trucker bullshit thing in his insta story and now I don't want to give him anymore business :(

Way back in high school we did an exchange with a school in Ottawa. My exchange partner at the other school lived in a huge house in the Manotick area and I have him on linkedin for some reason.
Standard rich kid failson who got jobs through his dad and now posts on LinkedIn about how much Trudeau sucks and in support of the truckers. Oh and he's big fan of Pierre Poilievre.

It's just so hilariously on-brand.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
The thing I don't understand is: if you support truckers, and the working class in general, and opening as much of society back up as possible, aren't vaccine mandates and mask mandates the one thing that allows that to happen?

The illogic of these idiots is just stunning to behold. It doesn't make any sense and the media is presenting their mewling nonsense so uncritically.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

flakeloaf posted:

Yeah you don't need to specify that last bit

Couldn't decide on the balance of subtlety without outright saying "Jan 6 insurrection".

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

PT6A posted:

The thing I don't understand is: if you support truckers, and the working class in general, and opening as much of society back up as possible, aren't vaccine mandates and mask mandates the one thing that allows that to happen?

The illogic of these idiots is just stunning to behold. It doesn't make any sense and the media is presenting their mewling nonsense so uncritically.

It's not illogical if you're OK with other people dying (which is rapidly becoming a mainstream opinion in Canada).

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

PT6A posted:

No because COVID is a hoax/just the flu/won't hurt ME/the vaccine doesn't work anyway. Where have you been?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

PT6A posted:

No, because freedom. Why do you hate freedom so much PT6A? Do you want the government to wipe your rear end for you too?

There is no public, society doesn't exist, and so there can be no greater good. There is only the individual, and they don't want to wear a mask or get a vaccination.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

To reinforce your faith in humanity: At least one hybrid poll is showing Ford polling in the lead, followed by Horwath, and Del Duca. Two years of Ford's handling of the COVID crisis in Ontario, and he'd probably win at least a minority if there were a vote held today.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

I suppose this explains why Del Duca is able to make wild promises like forcing STV voting or resigning if he doesn’t. There’s minimal chance of him getting elected.

I think this election is Ford’s to lose. As much as I resent him, the rest of the province thinks Horwarth is a Karen and nobody trusts the liberals anymore. So I could see them holding their nose and voting for Ford.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

PT6A posted:

They think masks and vaccines are part of a global plot to install authoritarian tyranny on western countries. These are people who think that reporting on COVID-19 statistics is a "crime against humanity" and they honestly think there will one day be trials against all of the politicians, doctors, and reporters who talked about COVID-19 in any way other than to say it isn't real or it isn't dangerous.

large hands posted:

No because COVID is a hoax/just the flu/won't hurt ME/the vaccine doesn't work anyway. Where have you been?

Sorry, Timmy, grandma has to die so that we can go to Perkins three times a week. The tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of patriots and who is more patriotic than grandma? She loves this country. She'd be happy to die of a horrible disease to know her children and grandchildren could go to a diner.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Kraftwerk posted:

I suppose this explains why Del Duca is able to make wild promises like forcing STV voting or resigning if he doesn’t. There’s minimal chance of him getting elected.

I think this election is Ford’s to lose. As much as I resent him, the rest of the province thinks Horwarth is a Karen and nobody trusts the liberals anymore. So I could see them holding their nose and voting for Ford.

Del Duca basically serves as a foil for everyone's second choice: The ONDP. He's not well enough known or in any way liked to draw votes from anyone but hardcore partisans and people trying to strategically vote on the premise they're in a "safe" Liberal riding. OTOH, it's been 13 years and no one in particular is voting for the ONDP outside of the GTHA.

Ford has spent two years pissing off absolutely every voting bloc in the province, and he's going to win regardless because the competition is so weak.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
The ONDP bleed a 1/4 to 1/3 of their support to the LIberals in the 10 days leading up to an Ontario election, I expect this June to be no different.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Wild card option: Seeing the absolutely tepid polls, Ontario Liberals parachute in a celebrity candidate to take over party leadership around six weeks before the election, it backfires and they fail to reach official party status

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

If they get Colin Mochrie in that spot they'd win in a landslide.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Saalkin posted:

If they get Colin Mochrie in that spot they'd win in a landslide.

MOCHRIE FOR PREMIER 2022
“Ni-i-i-ice pants!”

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Another Bill posted:

The ONDP bleed a 1/4 to 1/3 of their support to the LIberals in the 10 days leading up to an Ontario election, I expect this June to be no different.

One person will say something along the lines of "it's a two party system actually, if you vote for NDP then it'll cancel a vote for the liberals and then the conservatives win" and then it ripples along the populace in some kind of idiocy wave.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

It seems like the most Canadian thing is for the Ontario Liberals to promise electoral reform/childcare/pharmacare, win a slim majority and I don't have to tell you what happens next.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
How is the Federal Liberal childcare promise going? I haven't really followed it beyond Ontario being the last holdout.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
lmao

https://twitter.com/butt_farter/status/1486810332244987912?s=20&t=HnG61qrckIQC2ipS8j7Kyg

FRESH CUM! *giggle*

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 28, 2022

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
It's all about freedom and personal choice says a bunch of loving idiots who have to follow rules and regulations like speed limits and safety standards to perform their jobs every single loving day. Why don't these idiots just stop wearing seatbelts and start speeding into each other in the name of freedom already?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
It's funny because all those comics demonstrate is how bizarre conservatives actually are. I wish to dismantle churches, quash the freedom truckers, mandate vaccines and stifle conservative media. Those are all great things, and if Trudeau actually did them I would support it heartily. Yes, by this comic, we are supposed to understand that such things are bad? It's madness.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Madkal posted:

It's all about freedom and personal choice says a bunch of loving idiots who have to follow rules and regulations like speed limits and safety standards to perform their jobs every single loving day. Why don't these idiots just stop wearing seatbelts and start speeding into each other in the name of freedom already?

My go-to for vaccine requirement comparisons has been a drivers licenses. Why should I need one? Why should my freedom of movement be impeded? If I want to take my safety into my own hands, I should be allowed to do so, and anyone who is scared can just stay off the road and sidewalk!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Trudough was right loving there.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I'm just disappointed there wasn't an evil George Soros in there somewhere.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

St. Dogbert posted:

MOCHRIE FOR PREMIER 2022
“Ni-i-i-ice pants!”

This summer, vote Colin Mochrie...

meooooowwwwwww

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Cocaine Bear posted:

Trudough was right loving there.

that's quite the assumption you're making about their level of wit

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006
Guten Abend, meine Damen und Herren.

infernal machines posted:

Two years of Ford's handling of the COVID crisis in Ontario, and he'd probably win at least a minority if there were a vote held today.

The writ period is both a very short and a very long time.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

That's true, but I can't imagine anything Ford could do to actually sink his chances that he hasn't already done.

Like, given the poo poo he's pulled since 2018, let alone during the pandemic, I cannot fathom what it would take to tarnish his reputation. Never mind that the competition is nonexistent.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

The competition is really the problem. Horwath exposing herself as a fraud by opposing whatever Doug Ford did during his flip flop era, no matter how contradictory, is so funny to me. One week schools need to be closed to reduce cases, the next Ford is ruining education by closing schools. She was politically outmanoeuvred by a guy who was just trying to get everyone to stop yelling at him please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Her failure to capitalize on two straight years of unforced errors basically says everything about the ONDP's ability to form a government.