Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The deer's expression is appropriate because what the hell is it doing there, why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I just read a book about Tombstone and the OK Corral that made a point about how lawmen used to be petty criminals who became sheriffs to legitimize their thieving and general scumbaggery.

My reaction was “used to be?”

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man. That seizure poo poo boils my blood

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Sup

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

With the way they’re written and the effort it takes people to get their money back Im surprised it doesn’t happen more, and it already happens too much.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

The empty cube next to me is now populated by someone who gulps ice water like a congested toddler, chews the ice cubes, and, as far as I can tell, eats exclusively Nature Valley granola bars and Corn Nuts.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

bobjr posted:

With the way they’re written and the effort it takes people to get their money back Im surprised it doesn’t happen more, and it already happens too much.

not sure if this is referring to the sexual elk tattoo or the seizures

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

That's fantastic.

Not sure I share your optimism about nurses as vanguard of the labor movement. The virtue and challenge of organizing caring professions (nursing, teaching, childcare, etc.) is that their workers are very deeply invested in the work, and management takes advantage of that. My wife works in the schools and I can't tell you how many times she has tried to talk a coworker out of not logging their additional work and expenses. If you log it, it fills up the hours of your work week and you won't be able to provide all the services you feel the kids and families you work with need. If you don't log it, management takes it as proof that everything is getting done at the current level of staffing and resources. Creates a vicious cycle where people go above and beyond perpetually, burning themselves out in the process. This dynamic broadly hurts the communities the caring professions are trying to serve by leaving them undermanned, under resourced, and working with people who have become shells of themselves. Then if you complain about it management, politicians, and often the people you serve start bitching about how you don't care about the work and just want to laze about and get rich. As a nurse or school teacher.

I think our best shot is unionizing the computer janitors. They end up with such job specific knowledge. The absence of which can easily cost employers thousands and thousands of dollars. Especially when they withhold their labor at the right moment. All the labor power of the ports from the comfort of a keyboard. I'm hopeful this spat of gaming industry unionization spreads to those industry dependent IT jobs.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I have an aunt who is developmentally disabled and lives in Moscow, Idaho (which people not super familiar with Northwest geography, is literally 50 feet from the state border with Washington and 8 miles from Pullman, Washington [go Cougs]). Because of my aunts disability she requires 24/7 nursing. one time while visiting my aunt they had the payment schedule on a notice board for nurses. It took five years of working for that company to make more than the legal minimum wage in Washington. And they wonder why they get brand new nurses who work there for like a year and then take jobs literally 8 miles away?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

How to lose an hour of productivity.

Notice that 1 speaker isn't working. Run diagnostics, update drivers, reboot, hook up another device to confirm the speakers work. Google solutions. Google solutions again, google solutions again.

Run useless windows troubleshooting, find speaker configuration, notice that it actually is playing sound, but almost silently. Check balance, confirm all are set to 100%. Watch useless youtube troubleshooting videos. Change balance for the hell of it, instantly fixes the issue.

You lying sack of poo poo, gently caress you.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1487039201816289280?t=P9YfmZ6Eb_Hm1hXfDR8AOQ&s=19

Cat, cat! Everyone look at the cat!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

It is silly dumb poo poo but, beyond every other horrible thing Trump did, it honestly bothered me that he was the only president with no pets.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jesus Christ this administration has zero respect for its voters lol

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

Jesus Christ this administration has zero respect for its voters lol

Yeah seriously doggos are way better than cattes

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Clinton had both a dog & a cat.

Truly he was a man of contrasts.

As for Presidents & their pets...

Wikipedia posted:

Only James K. Polk, Andrew Johnson, and Donald Trump did not have any presidential pets while in office.[2]

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 28, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Going to become President just so I can have an army of hamsters in little balls rolling around the White House.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Clinton had both a dog & a cat.

Truly he was a man of contrasts.

As for Presidents & their pets...

I don't have a lot of good things to say about Calvin Coolidge as a president other than he has a really funny probably apocryphal tale about not saying words. But....his wife did have a raccoon. That they refused to eat for Thanksgiving and kept as a pet.

e: Just noticed how long the Coolidge list is in that wiki, Grace Coolidge liked her animals. In...particularly not good combinations considering the Bobcat.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jan 28, 2022

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I want to convert the white house into a shelter for abandoned and feral cats. I figure we could get three or four hundred in there, easy. We'll do president business on the lawn out front. Congresspeople are only allowed to talk to me if they spend a week scooping cat boxes first.

vote for leperflesh for president 2024

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
what a completely buck wild life that cat has had already

how many cats go where they aren't supposed to every single day, and this little one jumps up on a stage at a pennsylvania farm one idle night and now it's living in the god drat white house

it's like that anecdote about mariah carey being discovered singing to herself while filling her car at a gas station

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

gently caress Biden and all, but that is a good cat.

Also cat in White House reminds me of the grocery store tabloid rack headlines about Socks destroying historic furniture and poo poo.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Leperflesh posted:

I want to convert the white house into a shelter for abandoned and feral cats. I figure we could get three or four hundred in there, easy. We'll do president business on the lawn out front. Congresspeople are only allowed to talk to me if they spend a week scooping cat boxes first.

I’ll vote for ya, but I’m gonna need some cushy job in return. Make me a Supreme Court justice or something.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

fartknocker posted:

I’ll vote for ya, but I’m gonna need some cushy job in return. Make me a Supreme Court justice or something.

How do you feel about ambassador to norway

they have the best death metal bands, or so I'm told, but if that's too cold for ya, I can do thailand instead

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Getting 2 feet of snow tomorrow.

Not ideal!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Calvin Coolidge had a pet Raccoon named Rebecca that he wanted to eat at one point.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Intruder posted:

Are you using dash attacks? Mixing your casts into your fights? What boons do you put on your attack for what weapons?

For chunky weapons like the sword or spear or bow you want to put +% attacks, but for stuff like the fists or rail you want something like Zeus which adds a flat damage amount to rapid attacks

Once you get to Elysium I find that splash dash is much more useful than divine dash, especially if you add razor shoals

If you have Zeus on your attack try to get the boon that adds a jolted status to enemies

Yeah I’m doing all those in different combinations.

I had the upgraded razor shoals with magnetism or whatever and some speed
/sturdy upgrades and I killed like five of the spear guys in elysium just running back and forth and in circles and just cutting them to loving pieces in a tightening ball. It was rad as hell.

Im still finding my way a bit. I had a lot more luck early on with ranged weapons but I’ve really grooved on the fists and the sword lately. I haven’t really been able to get far with the rail gun.

I’ve got some titan blood and I’m struggling trying to decide which weapon aspect to upgrade, since it’s so hard to come by.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Gonna introduce Kenji to a big pupper tomorrow. I'm worried he's gonna be a dick. It's hit or miss with how he reacts to other dogs. Sometimes he's super cool and sometimes he gets very aggro. :ohdear:

My friend does have a gated room we can put him in if he freaks out but I don't want it to come to that!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

LeeMajors posted:

I’ve got some titan blood and I’m struggling trying to decide which weapon aspect to upgrade, since it’s so hard to come by.

It becomes a lot more common after you get your first clear, so don't be afraid of spending it if there's a weapon aspect that you really like.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Is your dog named after J. Kenji Lopez-Alt

If so that’s rad

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

T-Square posted:

Is your dog named after J. Kenji Lopez-Alt

If so that’s rad

Nah, just Kenji. Fashionably has no last name.

But I should get him a name tag that says that and then send Kenji a pic or comment haha

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Calvin Coolidge had a pet Raccoon named Rebecca that he wanted to eat at one point.

We don't know if he actually wanted to eat it, it was gifted to the Coolidges for the purpose of being Thanksgiving dinner, Calvin didn't walk out and buy a live raccoon with the idea "You know what would be a nice Thanksgiving dinner, raccoon." The fact it became a pet is good evidence he didn't want to eat it

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Gordon Ramsey frequently eats his pets and his family hates him for it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

He was gifted her to eat and didn't want to do it, so his wife built a big cage around a tree and carried her around and let her run around in the White House apparently.

There's really a lot going on with how many pets the Coolidges had or had sent to them. There's a pygmy hippo too that apparently ended up as a stud breeding them for a whole lot of circuses and zoos.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Quiet Feet posted:

Getting 2 feet of snow tomorrow.

Not ideal!

Where are you at again? I heard a rumor that Chicago is getting 20" next week, but I don't believe it. It's also too far out to make that kind of prediction. We got like 8" of snow this week over a few different snow falls. A little annoying, but whatever. We might still be below our average snow fall for the winter, but we caught up a lot this week.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Bird in a Blender posted:

Where are you at again? I heard a rumor that Chicago is getting 20" next week, but I don't believe it. It's also too far out to make that kind of prediction. We got like 8" of snow this week over a few different snow falls. A little annoying, but whatever. We might still be below our average snow fall for the winter, but we caught up a lot this week.

Southeast Mass. I'm actually less worried about the snowfall total than I am a power outage. They're saying 30 mph gusts are likely.

And yeah way too far out. I heard we were getting the storm this past Sunday and every day I looked back they'd revised it down 2 inches (from 17) until this morning when it leaped to like 20+

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/vagina_museum/status/1487063667384459264?t=EVqtj9u-FkkaLvjzOfjexQ&s=19

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Leperflesh posted:

I look forward to reading your expanded policy proposals.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

We don't know if he actually wanted to eat it, it was gifted to the Coolidges for the purpose of being Thanksgiving dinner, Calvin didn't walk out and buy a live raccoon with the idea "You know what would be a nice Thanksgiving dinner, raccoon." The fact it became a pet is good evidence he didn't want to eat it

Ah I mixed that up, my bad. I knew eating was in the picture at one point.

My favorite presidential pet is Teddy's pet guinea pig, Fighting Bob Evans.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I though Andrew Johnson had a parrot but I may be thinking of the worst pre-20th century Andrew, Andrew Jackson.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I though Andrew Johnson had a parrot but I may be thinking of the worst pre-20th century Andrew, Andrew Jackson.

Johnson was worse than Jackson but they're 1 and 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bird in a Blender posted:

The Bosstones are breaking up because their frontman is anti-vax and even making anti-vax videos. Wtf?
A jackass and moron and he was gone.