Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Who's-a ready for a nice-a meat-za pizza??

So a worse meatloaf then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

By popular demand posted:

So a worse meatloaf then.

Inside out meatloaf. Meatloaf Alaska.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mozzarella OR PROCESS cheese

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

mein gott

"Add anchovies OR Mushrooms"

NO MORE. NO LESS.

DO NOT COMBINE. THINK NOT OF OTHER TOPPINGS. YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR FORBIDS THEE FROM SUCH SINFUL DELIGHTS.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

mein gott

"Add anchovies OR Mushrooms"

NO MORE. NO LESS.

DO NOT COMBINE. THINK NOT OF OTHER TOPPINGS. YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR FORBIDS THEE FROM SUCH SINFUL DELIGHTS.

Mushrooms and seafood don't seem to do well when cooked together. Made gumbo once, where I added mushrooms to my recipe at the same time as the oysters. As soon as that poo poo hit, the oysters and the redfish started smelling like manure. Ruined the whole pot.

Never figured it out, never did it again.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Now I've got to try cooking mushrooms with anchovy.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mushrooms and anchovies work fine together.

Also it wasn't so much 'mushrooms and seafood don't mix' (wtf of course they do there's entire dishes based on this concept) rather that 'you must only have one or the other of these two very specific choices'

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

All those 70s homemade pizza kits and recipes just seem afraid of adding too much cheese or flavor. I mean, even with those mushrooms there isn't even one piece per slice of meatza :arghfist:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

noooo

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Congrats, you found how to bring Pennywise to tears.
I hope your real proud of yourself, thread.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Hygiene posted:

pleased to meat-za! :tipshat:

lmao I only now listened to the audio under this video, that's from Everywhere at the end of time, a 6 and a half hour long concept album about dementia that mimics the slow but inevitable creeping loss of memory and cognition. how fitting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJWksPWDKOc

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

All those 70s homemade pizza kits and recipes just seem afraid of adding too much cheese or flavor. I mean, even with those mushrooms there isn't even one piece per slice of meatza :arghfist:

As far as I remember from what I've read about it, a lot of those older recipes from the 50s-70s used the ingredients they did because they were designed to be made cheaply, by people who grew up in the Great Depression and still had habits carried over from that time. Also, the availability and affordability of ingredients has changed a lot since then--a lot of improvements have been made in farming, shipping, storage, etc., so older recipes tended to prioritize a smaller variety of cheaper, often lower-quality ingredients with a long shelf life (e.g., canned soup, mayonnaise, etc.). Mushrooms and cheese are the expensive parts of that dish, so they are used sparingly.

\/\/\/\/ Yeah, pizza-in-a-box/can is a great example of cheap and shelf-stable. (Also, pizza only started becoming broadly popular in the U.S. in the 50s-60s, so these ideas of pizza might not have seemed quite as heretical or disgusting then.)

Sir John Falstaff fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 28, 2022

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

My favorite midcentury food ad quirk is that they always seem to be trying to trick your family into eating it. Like if you can't capture their attention they just won't bother eating.

"How do you make a breakfast that your kids won't turn up their noses at?"

"Looking for a dish that'll entice Hubby to come home on time?"

"Here's a foodstuff full of nutrients and nourishment to make sure your family has the energy to get through the day without collapsing from sheer listless ennui!"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Most pizzas forget about cheese altogether![citation needed]

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Mmmm.... dried canned cheese as the only cheese on the pizza.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

"The gently caress is this Mrs. Daniels?"
"Oh Mark, there's CHEESE on THIS pizza! Doesn't your mother make such a delightful, zesty dish for you at home?!"
"That fuggin who-a? She makes meat loaf like an American Mrs. D. I ain't touchin no drat cheese pizza. By the way your kid Tommy tried touchin' my dick again in the tree house. I'm outta here."
"Alright Mark, say hello to your parents for me!"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Those two poor kids in the back ate a cheese pizza once... Now they are conjoined twins

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jan 28, 2022

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Captain Hygiene posted:

That looks like a shittier tomato pie.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Fun fact: you can still buy the chef Boyardee make at home pizza kit, and it is absolutely garbage.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

steinrokkan posted:

Those two poor kids in the back are a cheese pizza once... Now they are conjoined twins

Aren’t those all married couples? No college letter sweaters on any of them and pizza is one of those adventurous jaunts you’d expect from a bunch newlyweds on a Friday nights dinner as there are no impressionable young children around to see such flagrantly European foodstuffs served in the home.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Nottherealaborn posted:

Fun fact: you can still buy the chef Boyardee make at home pizza kit, and it is absolutely garbage.

I've always sorta wanted to because I find those old ads strangely fascinating, but I haven't gotten around to it.

Although I see they've finally given up on sprinkling dry cheese only, and ask you to supply actual ingredients so it doesn't look like absolute dogshit :rip:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: ^^^ oh lame, you have to add your own cheese

Nottherealaborn posted:

Worst pizza thread challenge!

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The make your own pizza kits at Costco are like $9 and don’t include poo poo. I’ve never seen anyone me buying them yet they are always there. MYOP must be the lynchpin some brilliant tax scam on your books for it to live this long against all odds.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Or they all have a shelf life of like 15 years.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Kraft pizza in a box was a staple of my childhood. Hated it, but at this time there weren't really any cheap restaurant options for it, even Pizza Hut operated under the pretense of being a pseudo-classy joint.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
protip: when serving your tuna pizza to guests, do not mention that it was made with double-rich pet milk and nippy cheese

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

It was always a red letter day in my childhood when I saw this little red box on the counter :yum:

Mushed into a rectangular cookie sheet, topped with thick-shredded mozzarella and cheddar, cooked well-done until the cheese had structure - that's good eatin'!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Futanari Damacy posted:

Kraft pizza in a box

At least for this one you can actually see a fair amount of sprinkled dry cheese

I don't think I ever knew there was also a straight-up Kraft brand frozen pizza. It looks about like those cheap brands that are one step below store brand pizza.
Wait, please stand by...I'm receiving a breaking report...

Another recipe has hit the thread

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

DoombatINC posted:

It was always a red letter day in my childhood when I saw this little red box on the counter :yum:

Mushed into a rectangular cookie sheet, topped with thick-shredded mozzarella and cheddar, cooked well-done until the cheese had structure - that's good eatin'!

This box is making me suspicious by how many times it's claiming to be "regular"

Oh yup nothing to see here NO POISON just a "regular" pizza

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Spam Pizza Top Blue Cheese Sauce

Ingredients
2 servings
1 can spam slice into 4 slices
2 tbsp spaghetti sauce
2 slice Mozarella cheese
2 slice Chedder cheese
dash oregano
dash morrocan spice
dash chili flake
GARNISH
2 tsp blue cheese sauce

Steps

Please view the attachment for the easy BLUE CHEESE SAUCE.

Slice up in round shape then on aluminum foil bake the spam at 200 C /400F for 10 minutes both side

Spread generously pizza paste or spaghetti sauce then top with shredded mozarella cheese and chedder cheese and springkle some chili flake ,oregano and (optional adf on a dash of any of your favorite spice ,I used Moroccan spice )

Continue to bsked for another 20 minutes cover top loosely with an aluminum foil and removing it at the last 1 minutes till cheese,are soft and melted

SPAM PIZZA WITH MOZARELLA CHEESE AND CHEDDAR CHEESE TOP BLUE CHEESE

SLICE UP SPAM PIZZA WITH MOZARELLA CHEESE,AND CHEDDAR CHEESE TOP BLUE CHEESE

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It doesn't count if you're making it yourself dude

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

portland restaurant veteran chiming in: idiot yuppies would absolutely spend $24 on this

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

More like yikesaroo

^^^ how about a mac and cheese and cheeto pizza?

Rev. Melchisedech Howler fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jan 29, 2022

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

More like yikesaroo

^^^ how about a mac and cheese and cheeto pizza?

I......would.....

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Sir John Falstaff posted:

Spam Pizza Top Blue Cheese Sauce

Ingredients
2 servings
1 can spam slice into 4 slices
2 tbsp spaghetti sauce
2 slice Mozarella cheese
2 slice Chedder cheese
dash oregano
dash morrocan spice
dash chili flake
GARNISH
2 tsp blue cheese sauce

Steps

Please view the attachment for the easy BLUE CHEESE SAUCE.

Slice up in round shape then on aluminum foil bake the spam at 200 C /400F for 10 minutes both side

Spread generously pizza paste or spaghetti sauce then top with shredded mozarella cheese and chedder cheese and springkle some chili flake ,oregano and (optional adf on a dash of any of your favorite spice ,I used Moroccan spice )

Continue to bsked for another 20 minutes cover top loosely with an aluminum foil and removing it at the last 1 minutes till cheese,are soft and melted

SPAM PIZZA WITH MOZARELLA CHEESE AND CHEDDAR CHEESE TOP BLUE CHEESE

SLICE UP SPAM PIZZA WITH MOZARELLA CHEESE,AND CHEDDAR CHEESE TOP BLUE CHEESE

Oh how grand!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:gonk:

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

"hmm this pizza is missing something.... oh yeah, this tiny piece of basil i found in a trash can in Dachau"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

DoombatINC posted:

It looks as if the cheese is suspended in aspic, or the slice is low poly 3D model textured with unmelted cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

davidspackage posted:

It looks as if the cheese is suspended in aspic, or the slice is low poly 3D model textured with unmelted cheese

At first glance I thought someone had poured canned spaghetti onto a pizza crust.