Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

whew, already lost my first 20,000 souls or so on my new game. i've done everything in the base game, I know losing souls doesn't matter even it a little bit, but drat it still stings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

No Dignity posted:

The one thing humanity does that's worth caring about outside chaos weapons is it significantly buffs your drop rate going up to 10 humanity, so if you ever replay and want to farm a rare drop like the BSS it's worth having

The scaling rate is weird for it,

going from 0-2 increases it by 50% but then the next 8 only increases it another 50%.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Farming 10 Humanity with the rats so they drop more humanity so when I die twice and lose the first 10 I have 10 more

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I flipped out when I first encountered a Vagrant, the humanity it dropped helped me get my first O&S kill

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Hizke posted:

Yeup, it's a great game all around, great game. Read everything on the guides, watched the youtube playthroughs and milked my balls to empty to the dark sun gwyndolin hentai. God drat! Never played it myself, but with all the lore resources, you don't really have to.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Martman posted:

whew, already lost my first 20,000 souls or so on my new game. i've done everything in the base game, I know losing souls doesn't matter even it a little bit, but drat it still stings

Two words op. Drake swird. Circle strafe. Dodge roll. Forced feminization. Fake vaccine. Enough said.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

mysterious loyall X posted:

Two words op. Drake swird. Circle strafe. Dodge roll. Forced feminization. Fake vaccine. Enough said.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

lmao

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
i started ds2 and immediately went to the area with the massive knights and spent two hours trying to get through before thinking "this seems too hard....maybe i went the wrong way"

god bless these games

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Hizke posted:

Yeup, it's a great game all around, great game. Read everything on the guides, watched the youtube playthroughs and milked my balls to empty to the dark sun gwyndolin hentai. God drat! Never played it myself, but with all the lore resources, you don't really have to.

Hizke posted:

[reading the guide aloud, puzzled at its contents] "Got your endless amount of time for bullshit?" No, no I loving don't dude. That's why I'm reading a guide. [Continues reading] "Good, now slam dunk that poo poo straight into a mothershitting dumpster fire. You won't need it." Oh thank God. I was worried I'd have to actually play this loving thing.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

a.p. dent posted:

i started ds2 and immediately went to the area with the massive knights and spent two hours trying to get through before thinking "this seems too hard....maybe i went the wrong way"

god bless these games
If you have a strike damage weapon, it's not necessarily the "wrong" way. DS2 is crazy open tho, go whichever is the path of least resistance - or choose the path that seems like a fun challenge!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

googling the article and seeing it's real

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

he's sick in the loving head

Miyazaki posted:

“In terms of how the player feels when they encounter this area that is a different story,” says Miyazaki. “But when making the game I rediscovered my love for making poison swamps. I know how people feel about them, but you know, suddenly I realize I'm in the middle of making one and I just can't help myself. It just happens.”

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

lmfao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

llmfao

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

EmmyOk posted:

Lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

lmao

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

gently caress. Yes.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

lmao

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

love the man

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

hes right

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
dark souls 1 would be a worse game without blighttown

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fucker posted:

dark souls 1 would be a worse game without blighttown

blight town is not queelags swamp

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
the only truly bad area that made dark souls 1 a worse game was lost izalith

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

axolotl farmer posted:

Ending of Lapp’s quest is hidden behind a bullshit puzzle so go look up spoilers for that.

lol again

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

my body is ready

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

EmmyOk posted:

lmao

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

Fucker posted:

the only truly bad area that made dark souls 1 a worse game was lost izalith

no???

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

lost izalith is basically a giant swamp when you really think about it

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

*thinking of 5-2 and smiling*

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Miyazaki ftw

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

EmmyOk posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The Elden Ring marketing materials slowly but subtly replacing open world with open swamp

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

new Fromsoft employee wakes up halfway submerged, lungs burning, and sees Miyazaki in the distance shrugging apologetically

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

EmmyOk posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

what a king