Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

mycomancy posted:

I just declared posting bankruptcy, 700 posts since noon is too much. What's the news of the day?

Also, if it's 700 posts about DrPlump's white noise bullshit I'm real ashamed of y'all.

new cov, who dis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Update in my dads friend, they had him off the vent for over a week but he struggled to breath and wake up from sedation. Today they put him back on a ventilator t and will put in a trachea tube for the vent so they can keep him off sedation and wake up to move around.

Sounds like they’re just delaying the inevitable and his lungs are glass/gone.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lacrosse posted:

Sorry sorry, we're trying to delete it

ok Neil Young

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

New biobot data through 1/26 just dropped

nationwide is declining, but slowing down somewhat. wonder if that plateau will even get below the previous peak.

the west was declining steeply but that trend is reversing in the wastewater data without enough of a lag to see if it carries through to cases. i'm sure it's nothing bad :)

the south is declining but not as quickly as other regions, and the trend is sputtering for some reason.

northeast and midwest have a pretty steep drop off though to be fair this peak was way higher than other regions (at least in the northeast)

e: https://biobot.io/data/

kreeningsons fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 28, 2022

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

lol making up how to count numbers. NY hospitalizations actually increased since yesterday.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Zurtilik posted:

Whats a boxxox?

I DON'T KNOW BUT IF I DON'T SEE IT I'LL BE PISSED

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

mycomancy posted:

I just declared posting bankruptcy, 700 posts since noon is too much. What's the news of the day?

Also, if it's 700 posts about DrPlump's white noise bullshit I'm real ashamed of y'all.

new fruit bat neocov dlc

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Durf posted:

for real the genie is out of the bottle. western consumer culture is incompatible with collective action, the softest and most entitled people in the world are so mad about Applebees they're going full fasc'

best case at this moment is protect you and yours, mask up, get guns, and encourage them to spit in each other's mouths

It makes me wonder if Cholera, Typhoid or the Bubonic Plague would be very deadly if they hit now.

On the one hand, “we” as a society know how to treat water, control lice, take antibiotics. So, in theory, those diseases are still not really a threat.

On the other hand, if the government told people to boil water, scour their clothes of lice, or go to the hospital for antibiotics, I suppose many of them would say “no” now. I wouldn’t have guessed that people would essentially voluntarily die of Appendicitis until I read it a few pages ago.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Can we get Plump a long probe if they don't pony up with the boxxox?

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

i declare posting bankruptcy every weekday. i have no idea how to even keep up half the posts in this thread during a workday. i'm sorry i can't live up to your expectations ... i usually read everything on weekends though (posting wealth)

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

DrPlump posted:

Went out on Halloween this year too was not as busy as last year surprisingly.

where did all the merrymakers go??? (:rip:)

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Glumwheels posted:

Update in my dads friend, they had him off the vent for over a week but he struggled to breath and wake up from sedation. Today they put him back on a ventilator t and will put in a trachea tube for the vent so they can keep him off sedation and wake up to move around.

Sounds like they’re just delaying the inevitable and his lungs are glass/gone.

There are still steps to take but he's on a tough road.

coke
Jul 12, 2009

Platystemon posted:

Whoever said that Biden’s N95s were the very same ones that Kushner confiscated, step right up and collect your prize.

“Picked up some stockpile masks from my local Meijer tonight. They were handing out 3M 8210s.”

Lot code is for the fifteenth of March, 2020.

just a head up to anyone got or has this mask, the yellow band is lovely and will snap and the worst moment possible

id go as far as dont use these mask unless you have another one in your pocket because the bands are that lovely

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

kreeningsons posted:

i declare posting bankruptcy every weekday. i have no idea how to even keep up half the posts in this thread during a workday. i'm sorry i can't live up to your expectations ... i usually read everything on weekends though (posting wealth)

The trick is to be unemployed due to COVID.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

kreeningsons posted:

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zurtilik posted:

Can we get Plump a long probe if they don't pony up with the boxxox?

gently caress you post yours first

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Me returning to work in a tyvek suit and PAPR *screaming over the motor* “Oh yeah? Well, I’m over your loving plague rat crybaby bullshit! gently caress you too, Sharon, I’m glad you miss smiles! Hey Ted, you miss brunch? How bout you brunch on this whole rear end!

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kreeningsons posted:

Same gurl, I usually just jump to the last page or 2. I usually will only double check when I post something to try to respond to the haters before they censor me again.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

our local wastewater results are actually not going down but holding steady lol

DrPlump posted:

This thread is full of people giving their personal experience as to why wearing acid environment protection gear to the grocery store is a great idea usually shortly followed by their personal experience at catching covid at the hands of those awful (whatever thing their parents were). Sexoncdly when I try to argue the hard facts like Israel the most vaccinated country is also the one facing the most infections it often resorts to personal attacks that boarder on verbal rape. They demand to know how I live, insist people like me should be dead by now, then demand I doxx myself before them for all to see. It is almost like they change the subject because they cant handle the trusth.....

this poo poo is getting old dude. like it isn't even a particularly fun or clever troll, just go gently caress off

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thinking the P100s are overkill is not a troll gently caress you

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

DrPlump posted:

gently caress you post yours first

You offered!

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Frosted Flake posted:

It makes me wonder if Cholera, Typhoid or the Bubonic Plague would be very deadly if they hit now.

On the one hand, “we” as a society know how to treat water, control lice, take antibiotics. So, in theory, those diseases are still not really a threat.

On the other hand, if the government told people to boil water, scour their clothes of lice, or go to the hospital for antibiotics, I suppose many of them would say “no” now. I wouldn’t have guessed that people would essentially voluntarily die of Appendicitis until I read it a few pages ago.

Honestly it feels like we're just in cholera, but the people who hated Snow just politically defeated the "don't poo poo in your water" gang and are mad as gently caress that people aren't bathing in the cholera infused public baths.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Does huffing covid farts give turd immunity?

mystes
May 31, 2006

DrPlump posted:

Imho upgrade to the P200s which not only filter all the particles but also emit a particle beam which can be useful to eliminate people who don't social distance properly

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

DrPlump posted:

Get hosed poo poo eater

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Tulip posted:

Honestly it feels like we're just in cholera, but the people who hated Snow just politically defeated the "don't poo poo in your water" gang and are mad as gently caress that people aren't bathing in the cholera infused public baths.

If you told chuds not to poo poo in their drinking water, they'd start making poop smoothies

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Lacrosse posted:

If you told chuds not to poo poo in their drinking water, they'd start making poop smoothies

Can we...can we do this?

mystes
May 31, 2006

mycomancy posted:

Can we...can we do this?
Sure, if you have a vitamix

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

DrPlump posted:

p100s aren't "acid environment protection" dumb gently caress, idiot.

AOCIA
Nov 29, 2021

by sebmojo

mediaphage posted:

it isn't even a particularly fun or clever troll, just go gently caress off

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Lacrosse posted:

I'm sure the urine drinkers are one "poop is probiotic!" away

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I always poo poo in my drinking water, it overpowers other people's poo poo since it's fresher so I know I'm only getting my own germs and not anyone elses

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/marialaganga/status/1487182112977342466

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

a little later than I assumed but it's coming.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

kater posted:

tempted to go wander the streets from Walgreens to cvs collecting masks
i went to my local bartells to grab a snack and some beer for later

and oh hello giant box of 3M Aura 9205's, don't mind if i do! i snatched up 20 of them to hand out to friends and coworkers (lmao like my dumb loving coworkers will bother wearing them)

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

DrPlump posted:

wearing my respirator isn’t just about keeping me safe from acid, it’s also about projecting a threatening energy.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

McNugget Buddy posted:

https://twitter.com/madan3/status/1486992387234668550

https://twitter.com/ndtv/status/1487027976365645829

I didn't even know what this was until I saw Chise frantically trying to downplay it this morning

If this thing gets into humans, could it recombine with COVID for turbo-transmissibility with a MERS-like IFR?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Frosted Flake posted:

I was thinking the same thing today too, even was making a post earlier but got distracted.

The next pandemic that comes along there's going to a significant portion of the US population that are just going to right back on their bullshit from COVID times, only even bolder because they survived COVID. We won't even have a March 2020 moment where people cooperate for a little while, citizens and especially governments are going to want to facetank the disease from day 1 and you won't be able to tell them poo poo. Even if it's a big league deathbug.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

DrPlump posted:

You might as well demand I strip naked and post pictures of my rear end and boxxox. Is that what you want!?

Yes, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DrPlump posted:

After a page of personal attacks instead of discussion about covid I have no doubt the mods will look over all this and decide to probate me using the original post where I said everyone would attack me instead of talk about covids.

Can we talk for just a second about ivermectin do you guys think antioxidants such as this work during early stages of covid?

I mean this personally, as an attack: gently caress you