Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Implying an NFC West team will lose?!
:mods:

Edit: I grew up in Montana while Joey Mountains was ripping poo poo up.

May the team that establishes The Run win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

That's quite the dichotomy! I guess you'll enjoy the game no matter what happens.

Indeed. Although I probably support the Rams a little more, mainly for the reason that I feel like they have the better chance to actually make a game of it against the AFC rep. Which I am completely convinced will be the Chiefs

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
He who controls The Run controls The Universe.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I just want both teams to have fun and Establish the Run

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Edit: I grew up in Montana while Joey Mountains was ripping poo poo up.

I'm Canadian and the 49ers were one of the few teams regularly on tv up here when I was growing up in the late 80s-early 90s so naturally I hopped on the bandwagon, because gently caress the Cowboys and the Packers

Play
Apr 25, 2006

MakaVillian posted:

I'm Canadian and the 49ers were one of the few teams regularly on tv up here when I was growing up in the late 80s-early 90s so naturally I hopped on the bandwagon, because gently caress the Cowboys and the Packers

:hmmyes:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

It’s 2022, another year of the plague.

The cowboys, the packers, and Tom Brady were all in the nfc playoffs. I was prepared for the worst.

Yet somehow good triumphed over evil :)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ornery and Hornery posted:

It’s 2022, another year of the plague.

The cowboys, the packers, and Tom Brady were all in the nfc playoffs. I was prepared for the worst.

Yet somehow good triumphed over evil :)

Same I 100% expected Packers or Bucs (I dislike the Cowboys but not nearly as much) to get to the playoffs because it seems that's always how it goes, evil triumphing over good. Last year's playoffs were so disappointing even after the first round. And on the AFC side, somehow, would be the Patriots.

That's why this year's playoffs has been so incredibly magical

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/BridgetCondon_/status/1486779158516494336?s=20&t=3R4CaY6uREtB0xp9nccn_w

The Rams are so thirsty for this Kittle quote. This is the second game they've brought it up in and he said it like 4 months ago :awesome:

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

MakaVillian posted:

Same, but for West Virginia. And then I moved to Houston about when the Oilers left so it was just a sea of disgusting Cowboys fans.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Play posted:

I'm actually curious about Nit Wit Dog poo poo and DariusLikewise, seemingly the only true Rams fans on the forum although I count myself an honorary member. Do you guys live in LA? St. Louis? How long have you been Rams fans and where were they playing when you first became a fan?

e: found out that Jordan Willis got the game ball for that insanely timely, crucial, and skillful punt block. hell yeah

I live in Canada and the closest I've been to LA is doing a drive up along the coast during a trip to San Diego and making it as far as some random suburb and stopping at a Target for some Aloe. I started watching football when I was 10 though and the first thing I saw was Kurt Warner slinging deep passes to Issac Bruce and I was immediately entranced, that combined with whole Warner backstory and I've been a fan ever since. Sorry to the St. Louis people but I really didn't care when the team moved and I'm looking forward to going down to California for a game once the whole worldwide plague thing settles down a bit.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Play posted:

If there's one thing the LA area likes, it's a winner.
Very true, which is why the Dodgers were the top dog of LA fandom from their arrival through the 80’s, passed by the Lakers only after a decade+ of mediocrity coincided with an all time great run of Lakers teams. A championship would win a lot of LA fans at this point for the Rams.

I suspect there is still a fair amount of family ties with current Rams fandom in LA as mentioned upthread. I grew up in the LA area and moved to SD for college, though my family was never all that into football (plus the Rams were already in Anaheim when I was born and moved to STL before I was 10).

My arrival in SD coincided with the LT Chargers era so it was easy to jump on that bandwagon, but also just as easy to jump off it when the team went to poo poo and then bailed cause Spanos is a dipshit failson.

I’m told my maternal grandfather was a big Rams fan and season ticket holder in the 60’s, though he died a decade before I was born and my mom wasn’t big on football so that didn’t really get passed down.

All this to say I’m a playoffs bandwagon Rams fan. Plus, 9ers fans are also largely Giants fans so I wish nothing but heartbreak and disappointment on them for all time.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I think it’d be neat if Aaron Donald got a ring.

I also think it’d be neat if Deebo got a ring.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I think it would be terrifically awesome if Jimmy G were to have won as many super bowls as Aaron Rodgers :smuggo:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Coldforge posted:

I think it would be terrifically awesome if Jimmy G were to have won as many super bowls as Aaron Rodgers :smuggo:

he's already won one more than Rodgers so

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

bawfuls posted:

All this to say I’m a playoffs bandwagon Rams fan. Plus, 9ers fans are also largely Giants fans so I wish nothing but heartbreak and disappointment on them for all time.

I can respect this line of reasoning, bawfuls.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I was a 49ers fan already when I moved to STL in the late 90s, but it was hard not to have the rams be my second team. I'm mostly mad they moved back to LA because I don't get that one home game against the 49ers every year to go to :(

Also they're nowhere near my seocnd team now of course

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Coldforge posted:

https://twitter.com/BridgetCondon_/status/1486779158516494336?s=20&t=3R4CaY6uREtB0xp9nccn_w

The Rams are so thirsty for this Kittle quote. This is the second game they've brought it up in and he said it like 4 months ago :awesome:

He didn't even say they'd put the Rams in a body bag! He said it was a body bag game, meaning physical as hell.

bawfuls posted:

welcome, we have our baseball disagreements but I wanna let you know Rams fans' preferred thing to say is #SOSAR. Enjoy the playoffs 🙂

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Enemu posted:

No no, around LA and OC. Went from no Rams fans when they were in STL to more Rams jerseys at the grocery store Sunday morning than other teams combined.

Oh, ok. Gotcha.

bawfuls posted:

That's alright. The bandwagon needs as many people as possible onboard for the playoffs.

Spoeank posted:

He didn't even say they'd put the Rams in a body bag! He said it was a body bag game, meaning physical as hell.

I was going to say; this wasn't bulletin board material that I had heard about before.

Spoeank posted:

welcome, we have our baseball disagreements but I wanna let you know Rams fans' preferred thing to say is #SOSAR. Enjoy the playoffs 🙂

Sons-a-bitch! :argh:

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jan 28, 2022

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Most California sports fans live in Canada, got it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

trilljester posted:

Nice, so you saw the 1989 Super Bowl with the infamous John Candy drive?

Sadly no, we were across the country in Norfolk when that happened. I saw it on TV, though.

I was, however, at the Stick when the transformer blew up and left the stadium blacked out pregame.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Lifespan posted:

Most California sports fans live in Canada, got it.

:clint:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I grew up entirely in Phoenix so I wound up being a cards homer/masochist. I was in high school during their absurd 08 Super Bowl run and it was hard not to get caught up in the excitement I guess (I was too young to really remember the 2001 World Series). I actually got to travel with a small group to attend the inauguration in DC in the day of that NFC Championship and most of the bus ride from BWI to DC was us asking for updates from friends and family back home. So now I love those idiots and hate to see them collapse all the time.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

I live in Canada and the closest I've been to LA is doing a drive up along the coast during a trip to San Diego and making it as far as some random suburb and stopping at a Target for some Aloe. I started watching football when I was 10 though and the first thing I saw was Kurt Warner slinging deep passes to Issac Bruce and I was immediately entranced, that combined with whole Warner backstory and I've been a fan ever since. Sorry to the St. Louis people but I really didn't care when the team moved and I'm looking forward to going down to California for a game once the whole worldwide plague thing settles down a bit.

Hell yeah! It's so funny how different all these stories are. It's cool.

bawfuls posted:

lol, fair enough!

would it blow your mind if I told you that I am both a Dodgers and Giants fan. it is true. I enjoyed both teams racing each other to the most wins last year so much

carry on then posted:

I grew up entirely in Phoenix so I wound up being a cards homer/masochist. I was in high school during their absurd 08 Super Bowl run and it was hard not to get caught up in the excitement I guess (I was too young to really remember the 2001 World Series). I actually got to travel with a small group to attend the inauguration in DC in the day of that NFC Championship and most of the bus ride from BWI to DC was us asking for updates from friends and family back home. So now I love those idiots and hate to see them collapse all the time.

I don't know if you've ever had a deeply alcoholic friend, but sports fandom is often the same way. You love them and care for them and you don't want to see them keep hurting themselves and loving things up. But they keep doing it anyways

Spoeank posted:

Nobody said anything headline or story worthy, it's just sports reporters desperately trying to justify their paychecks by making GBS threads out some dumb articles

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I've lived in Washington state my entire life, so I am on the misery sports fan train. But that one season was magic, and they should have run with Lynch in the repeat appearance.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Play posted:

Nobody said anything headline or story worthy, it's just sports reporters desperately trying to justify their paychecks by making GBS threads out some dumb articles

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/video/49ers-george-kittle-laughs-fun-body-bag-game-after-win-vs-rams

Play
Apr 25, 2006

yes, my assertion is that neither this nor whatever some rams coach said is worthy of a headline and its just dumb poo poo stirring that the actual players couldn't care less about

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Play posted:

yes, my assertion is that neither this nor whatever some rams coach said is worthy of a headline and its just dumb poo poo stirring that the actual players couldn't care less about

Are you calling George Kittle a liar, sir

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Play posted:

would it blow your mind if I told you that I am both a Dodgers and Giants fan. it is true. I enjoyed both teams racing each other to the most wins last year so much
:chloe:

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Play posted:

Do you have like a split Dodgers/Giants ballcap? If not, you should get one and wear it all the time to show your favorite teams.

I actually don't dislike the Dodgers that much, I dislike the Angels so much more. That stupid rally monkey costing Bonds his ring. :argh:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

kensei posted:

I've lived in Washington state my entire life, so I am on the misery sports fan train. But that one season was magic, and they should have run with Lynch in the repeat appearance.

That one season *was* magic, til they ran into the 9/11 Yankees. gently caress the Yankees.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

shirts and skins posted:

That one season *was* magic, til they ran into the 9/11 Yankees. gently caress the Yankees.

LOL I meant the Superb Owl with the LoB, but that too. I was at the 1995 play in game, that was magical.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

kensei posted:

LOL I meant the Superb Owl with the LoB, but that too. I was at the 1995 play in game, that was magical.

I know what you meant! I just always enjoy your Ichiro av, and I feel like I can still name all the starters from that 2001 team. Baseball makes me sentimental.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

shirts and skins posted:

God Bless The Arizona Diamondbacks

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

shirts and skins posted:

Aaron Sele will forever be on my poo poo list

Goddamn that game, Super Bowl 40 and Super Bowl 49 were brutal

But the Sonics taking the Jordan Bulls to 6 games was cool

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

I forgot about that. That big dopey bastard is by far my favorite niner ever. Joe Montana is another favorite of mine. But that's it; just those two.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
I grew up in southern West Virginia but my Dad played football in high school with Curt Warner. With the possible exception of Heath Slater he’s the only recognizable athlete from the our county, so there was a connection there when I started getting into football around 2002 or 2003 and talked to my Dad about it.

When I started following the NFL earnestly mid high school (04/05/06) the Seahawks were good, and not the Steelers, so I just picked them and stuck with it.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Penisaurus Sex posted:

I grew up in southern West Virginia but my Dad played football in high school with Curt Warner. With the possible exception of Heath Slater he’s the only recognizable athlete from the our county, so there was a connection there when I started getting into football around 2002 or 2003 and talked to my Dad about it.

When I started following the NFL earnestly mid high school (04/05/06) the Seahawks were good, and not the Steelers, so I just picked them and stuck with it.

Nice. Curt Warner along with Steve Largent are my favorite seahawks of all time.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

kensei posted:

they should have run with Lynch

Yeah this always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The Rams killed Tom Brady. Those same ol' sorry rear end sons of bitches finally did it! You magnificent bastards!