Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

a neat cape posted:

Johnson was worse than Jackson but they're 1 and 2

It is real drat gross we still have Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Gordon Ramsey frequently eats his pets and his family hates him for it

The few of my friends that are actually into some sort of cooking are super obsessed with Gordon and I kind of get it but like…there’s so many nicer chefs doing way cooler stuff!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

I look forward to reading your expanded policy proposals.

Policy proposals are a huge mistake, each one will alienate some voters and presidents mostly can't enact the policies they want anyway

I will just project attitude, intimate things without saying them outright, and reassure my supporters that their (not specifically identified) political enemies are trash and we can smugly dismiss them

aw heck who am I kidding, of course I will bloviate on for thousands of words about every possible thing, gently caress, I'm so unelectable

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Twirling, twirling towards freedom

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

a neat cape posted:

Johnson was worse than Jackson but they're 1 and 2

Which one ended Reconstruction and which one genocided a poo poo ton of Native Americans?

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Johnson ended Reconstruction, Jackson genocided the Native Americans.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

T-Square posted:

I just started Patriot on the thread’s recommendation and lol at that cold opener.

Learned pretty much everything I know on some Suzuki SV650s which my dad is a huge nerd for, then we went to a Honda CBR600RR for a couple of years before I decided the middleweight class was way too insane and full of dudes that did not give a gently caress about anything, but I kinda wanna go back to that because I currently do not give a gently caress about anything. Went back to SV650s because my dad always has enough poo poo for those strewn all over the place to build two from scratch for some reason, and his friend gave him a steal on an old 2-stroke RS125 Honda factory GP race bike which is cool as gently caress. He also did some old guy motorcycle detective poo poo and somehow found his exact old ‘94 Harley 883 that he used to race, run down and beat to poo poo and bought it back from the guy. He’s working on that slowly and I really want to race that.

It used to be a huge part of my life and I got pretty loving good at it, I have lots of trophies and cool pictures and footage buried somewhere. It’s pretty much the corner stone of my dad and I’s relationship, but *guestures vaguely at last three years or so of my life* it got pushed to the wayside, and I just want to take another crack at it before hanging it up for good. Cuz lol American healthcare and extremely dangerous hobbies.

Hell yeah man. I've never raced motorcycles, just driven them very fast and I have been to a couple tracks before just riding my everyday commuter bike (an R6 which ended up getting stolen... sigh). But that's a cool as hell opportunity your dad gave you and cool that it was a good way to spend time him.

Don't let it slip away imo. Get back out there by any means necessary. If you can't do the things you love in this world then what's the loving point!!

LeeMajors posted:

Man when you guys talk about making a full run in like 40 tries I feel really lovely at this game. I’m doing ok and I’m not doing god mode or anything but I’m in the mid 40s in runs and don’t feel like I’m close to beating elysium.

Just to make sure, you are using a controller correct?

Do not use anything other than a controller.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The virtue and challenge of organizing caring professions (nursing, teaching, childcare, etc.) is that their workers are very deeply invested in the work, and management takes advantage of that. My wife works in the schools and I can't tell you how many times she has tried to talk a coworker out of not logging their additional work and expenses. If you log it, it fills up the hours of your work week and you won't be able to provide all the services you feel the kids and families you work with need. If you don't log it, management takes it as proof that everything is getting done at the current level of staffing and resources. Creates a vicious cycle where people go above and beyond perpetually, burning themselves out in the process. This dynamic broadly hurts the communities the caring professions are trying to serve by leaving them undermanned, under resourced, and working with people who have become shells of themselves. Then if you complain about it management, politicians, and often the people you serve start bitching about how you don't care about the work and just want to laze about and get rich. As a nurse or school teacher.

That's how it is for me. I work at a nonprofit and I get taken advantage of, don't make enough money because I let it happen. Because I believe strongly enough in the work and care enough about my students. It would be hard to make the decision to leave knowing for a fact that whoever they roped in to taking over would not do nearly the job I do. It kinda sucks.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Johnson ended Reconstruction, Jackson genocided the Native Americans.
honestly, it's a toss-up on which one is worse.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Skwirl posted:

honestly, it's a toss-up on which one is worse.

Really I should have said "pre-20th Century's other worst Andrew".

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I wonder if anyone has claimed that the bridge collapse in PA was some sort of deep state action to help Biden. It’s just too much of a coincidence… :tinfoil:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

For the record that is not my take, but I bet his team was like “well this is a goddamn gift” once they found out no one died.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

How do you feel about ambassador to norway

they have the best death metal bands, or so I'm told, but if that's too cold for ya, I can do thailand instead

I'll vote for you in exchange for ambassador to Thailand.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'd like to be the Secretary of NFTs, or maybe Ambassador to Cryptoland. I want to do meaningful work for your government.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

T-Square posted:

The few of my friends that are actually into some sort of cooking are super obsessed with Gordon and I kind of get it but like…there’s so many nicer chefs doing way cooler stuff!

His dickishness is mostly for american tv audiences. His shows where he's just cooking in his kitchen he seems like a way nicer fella. Also he doesn't "eat his pets" he raises animals specifically for the purpose of eating them because he doesn't like factory farming and I kinda can't fault that.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Skwirl posted:

I'll vote for you in exchange for ambassador to Thailand.

If appointments are going to TFF chat folks, pretty sure C-Euro is the shoo-in for that one, sorry.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

When I am President of the United States of America, our official national football team will be the San Francisco 49ers. My first appointment to the US supreme court will be Colin Kaepernick. I hope I can count on your votes.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Play posted:

Just to make sure, you are using a controller correct?

Do not use anything other than a controller.

Yeah PS4. I’m probably overplaying how ‘bad’ I am but someone up thread said he’d made a full run in the 30s and :psyboom:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Freaquency posted:

For the record that is not my take, but I bet his team was like “well this is a goddamn gift” once they found out no one died.

It actually would've been better, politically, if someone died. Just sayin

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah PS4. I’m probably overplaying how ‘bad’ I am but someone up thread said he’d made a full run in the 30s and :psyboom:

I haven't played for a long time, so it's really hard to say but I would guess my first full run was at least 40s or 50s.

Obviously, success breeds more success as you get more resources for metaupgrades. There are some mirror upgrades that make the game SO much easier although can't really remember what they are

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Can I be the Secretary of Partying Down?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Leperflesh posted:

our official national football team will be the San Francisco 49ers.

you've gone too far! impeach! impeach!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

you've gone too far! impeach! impeach!

we're going to make washington, dc a state, and also puerto rico if they want

I will also legalize prostitution and gambling and decriminalize all drugs, this will go well with my "mandatory shop class in high school" law.

Also we're going to confiscate 20% of every public company's stock and give one hundred random shares of stock to each American and also each immigrant when they enter the US (owning us company stocks will make them more american than making them memorize trivia about american history and poo poo)

oh yeah also we're going to eliminate all the per-country numerical caps on immigration

under this presidency we will make voting mandatory, lower the voting age to 16, and make voting an immutable right of citizenship regardless of criminal status (e.g. even incarcerated criminals get to vote), we'll see how long huge prisons last when prisoners can outvote the locals in local elections haha

oh yeah also we're going to make using prisoner slave labor illegal, de-privatize all prisons, and eliminate the death penalty

I vow to end the export of american garbage to other countries, and require all companies that manufacture anything made of plastic to pay into a fund that will spend that money cleaning plastic from the environment

hmm what else

oh yeah we're going to pass federal law fixing the overtime rules, no more of this "win a coin flip and score a touchdown and you win" poo poo, just play a full quarter without sudden death rules

ban fracking

disarm the cops

recognize Palestinian independence

pass a constitutional amendment requiring congress to spend at least as much on public education as it does on the military annually

members of congress get a lifetime pension but may not work in any capacity or receive payment or make any investment other than US government bonds and the cost of one personal home, during or after they retire from congress, they're allowed to give speeches write books and do charity work but never for pay for them or their families, it all has to be volunteer

everyone gets a pony

eliminate political campaign spending, you can run for office but you're not allowed to buy ads anywhere, also no more PACs, if you want to spend money to support a candidate you have to just do it yourself, like, go campaign yourself, you can't give it to someone else to spend for you

we're giving hawaii back to the hawaiians

pay native american tribes restitution at the current market value of every acre of property stolen from them since 1492

colleges have to pay 90% of all revenues received from college sports, to the college athletes

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 29, 2022

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

That was me :smug:

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

LeeMajors posted:

You only need one good ability to win. Could you be spreading too thin? You generally do not need both your attack and special to be great, just one or the other. I try to stack up hammers, Chaos boons, and then an appropriate damage boon (something like Zeus or Dionysus for rapid attacks, Artemis or Aphrodite or whatever are generally decent). Sometimes there is a better boon for the skill and it is worth passing over the first one that shows up. Also, always be dashing, always grab the dash boost from Hermes if he offers it, I find run speed it be fairly low value since you should ABD. The first time I won I had the +2 health per hit + the Sword hammer that turns your attack into a very rapid 2 hit combo and I pretty much face tanked everything. I think a key for the last two bosses is not to be too aggressive, run in, get some hits, then run out.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 29, 2022

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

I will also legalize prostitution and gambling and decriminalize all drugs, this will go well with my "mandatory shop class in high school" law.

Also we're going to confiscate 20% of every public company's stock and give one hundred random shares of stock to each American and also each immigrant when they enter the US (owning us company stocks will make them more american than making them memorize trivia about american history and poo poo)

oh yeah also we're going to eliminate all the per-country numerical caps on immigration

under this presidency we will make voting mandatory, lower the voting age to 16, and make voting an immutable right of citizenship regardless of criminal status (e.g. even incarcerated criminals get to vote), we'll see how long huge prisons last when prisoners can outvote the locals in local elections haha

oh yeah also we're going to make using prisoner slave labor illegal, de-privatize all prisons, and eliminate the death penalty

I vow to end the export of american garbage to other countries, and require all companies that manufacture anything made of plastic to pay into a fund that will spend that money cleaning plastic from the environment

hmm what else

oh yeah we're going to pass federal law fixing the overtime rules, no more of this "win a coin flip and score a touchdown and you win" poo poo, just play a full quarter without sudden death rules

ban fracking

disarm the cops

pass a constitutional amendment requiring congress to spend at least as much on public education as it does on the military annually

members of congress get a lifetime pension but may not work in any capacity or receive payment or make any investment other than US government bonds and the cost of one personal home, during or after they retire from congress, they're allowed to give speeches write books and do charity work but never for pay for them or their families, it all has to be volunteer

everyone gets a pony

eliminate political campaign spending, you can run for office but you're not allowed to buy ads anywhere, also no more PACs, if you want to spend money to support a candidate you have to just do it yourself, like, go campaign yourself, you can't give it to someone else to spend for you

pay native american tribes restitution at the current market value of every acre of property stolen from them since 1492

colleges have to pay 90% of all revenues received from college sports, to the college athletes

This is how Russia became an oligarchy after the fall of the soviet union hth.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

yeah I guess it just means rich people give paltry sums to poor people for their stock and then accumulate ownership, which will be very different from the current situation in which rich people own huge chunks of every big company already

sigh

fine, all public companies must manditorialy unionize and then give 50%+1 of their shares to their non-management employees?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I will take 100 shares of Berskshire Hathaway, enjoy your 100 shares of Pets.com

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Play posted:

I haven't played for a long time, so it's really hard to say but I would guess my first full run was at least 40s or 50s.

Obviously, success breeds more success as you get more resources for metaupgrades. There are some mirror upgrades that make the game SO much easier although can't really remember what they are

Yeah the biggest focus for me has been maxing everything in the mirror. And acquiring comfort with how I’m using the cast has helped as well. Sometimes it’s easy to just slash and slash but I’ve been able to make it much further with my improvements.

Elysium just always hits me with armored soul catchers and I can’t kill them quickly. I made it to asterius and Theseus once and they hosed me right up. Haven’t been able to get past asterius since. I think I just did run 41 last night.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/1487097910491811844?s=20&t=ZQcRji4ut0SfCPzNxTirHg

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
My first escape was #36

I've escaped 51 out of 145 times at this point

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

My first escape was #36

I've escaped 51 out of 145 times at this point

Did you have to manually tabulate that or does it show you somewhere?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pain of Mind posted:

Eventually you unlock the admin wing and you can look up your stats

e: I don't see anywhere it tells you the number of escapes, I only know it's 51 because the one before my last one got the award "the big five o"

lol at the boons I used for my first escape. god those are a mess

e2: oh the left file cabinet shows your total escapes. how many for each weapon, how many times you've used each weapon, highest heat level for each weapon, best time for each weapon

Intruder fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 29, 2022

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pain of Mind posted:

When you get access to the records room (office, whatever it's called) it shows you there, or at least would be easy to figure out. Whole lot of stats there if you want to wonder about things. Room on the far left at good old hell home.

e:fb

Fired it up to check and on the cabinet next to the screen Intruder's looking at there you get a list of your attempts by weapon and clears. Or boons/hammer upgrades/whatever else. :lol: poo poo e:fb to the edit.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 29, 2022

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

I will take 100 shares of Berskshire Hathaway, enjoy your 100 shares of Pets.com

They're mixed and random, you could maybe get 1 share of berkshire if you're extremely lucky, but you'll never get more than 1

anyway stop deconstructing my campaign promises, it's mean

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Intruder posted:

Eventually you unlock the admin wing and you can look up your stats

e: I don't see anywhere it tells you the number of escapes, I only know it's 51 because the one before my last one got the award "the big five o"

lol at the boons I used for my first escape. god those are a mess

e2: oh the left file cabinet shows your total escapes. how many for each weapon, how many times you've used each weapon, highest heat level for each weapon, best time for each weapon

Chaos Shield + Ares Special, now here's a goon with refined taste.

Also Merciful End is one of the best Duo boons in the game, but the Fists is where it really shines.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

C-Euro posted:

Chaos Shield + Ares Special, now here's a goon with refined taste.

Also Merciful End is one of the best Duo boons in the game, but the Fists is where it really shines.

yeah but level 10 curse of pain lol by that point you're adding like 3 points of damage per level

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Oh, I thought there was somewhere to see X/XX for number of successful escapes, I knew about the room. As mentioned my escapes were very backloaded:

If I counted correctly I am 25/64, but it feels like I have won more because most of the wins were recent and I think I got up to 12 or so in a row, where I won 6/40 for my first 40 runs and then 19/24 for 41-64.

My first three wins were 18, 23, and 31.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tons of my deaths were me trying to set up a certain build, it not working out, and me dying in the lava on purpose because you have to die for a reseed

I died so many times trying to set up a build with the crystal beams and the duo with artemis so they track faster plus glacial glare and the artemis legendary that gives you two extra casts and as many chaos gate extra casts as I could find. never did get it all the come together completely but still iced Hades, literally :v:

Intruder fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 29, 2022

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

hmm what else

ban fracking

disarm the cops

everyone gets a pony

I don't like your stock ideas versus just nationalizing everything, and I don't really want a pony since I live in an apartment and dealing with cat liter is annoying enough. But everything else I agree with.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

i'm flexible on the pony part, not gonna advocate total nationalization but the idea is to enrage republicans by actually incentivizing immigration because I fuckin' love immigration, IMO everyone should move here, trust me we'll have a blast

what if you just have a non-sellable option on a pony, you can either redeem it or not, any time for the rest of your life, one pony is yours

also under my administration we will seize residential property left vacant for more than 6 months out of any year and give it for free to homeless people, this policy will continue until we have eliminated homelessness, if 2nd property owners and property speculators don't like it maybe they can come up with some fuckin' housing for the homeless so they don't get their poo poo taken away, seems like that might work out

oh yeah also national health care I mean that's a given right

gently caress I'm so electable

btw I'm an atheist, I'm sure that is fine with everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’d like to pet a pony

E: I’ve pet horses before