Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Mr Interweb posted:

hey looks like jorp finally came out with his excuse on why his comments on climate change weren't dumb, ACTUALLY:

"I never said that"

And the overpopulation thing is a cultural zeitgeist. I'm in college for ecology and resource management and every single class has repeatedly mentioned we have enough resources. It's about management, not population.

She probably got her tubes tied because she doesn't trust the people in charge to provide a livable planet for her kin, and JORP is directly a part of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Cicadalek posted:

lmfao at becoming a climate change denier because a woman got her tubes tied, advanced levels of misogyny here

There’s no way that came within a hundred miles of actually happening.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Bargearse posted:

There’s no way that came within a hundred miles of actually happening.

For real, it's hard to get your tubes tied in general, there's no way in hell a 22-year old got hers done

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Mr Interweb posted:

hey looks like jorp finally came out with his excuse on why his comments on climate change weren't dumb, ACTUALLY:

Is he drunk? Half of these sentences don't make any sense.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

they're saying that i'm insane? and you're an idiot! and they want me to believe that's true?!?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Someone half heartedly said they might as well get their tubes tied now, or a guy said he might as well get a snip, because the world is hosed and Jorp looked up from the garbage can he was rummaging through, hissed, and ran off into the night

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

rotinaj posted:

Someone half heartedly said they might as well get their tubes tied now, or a guy said he might as well get a snip, because the world is hosed and Jorp looked up from the garbage can he was rummaging through, hissed, and ran off into the night

I laughed out loud at that.

I have to say, getting your tubes tied due to climate change is a new one for me.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mr Interweb posted:

He's 100% back on the bennies looking at all the spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors going on.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
self nullifying nihilism is good, actually

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

He got into the cider again

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Mr Interweb posted:

A few degrees, nbd.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Greta Thinberg huh?

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Mr Interweb posted:

"God preserve us and forgive us for celebrating her pain" - yoooo, did anyone ever consider this Pterson fellow to be kind of odd?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

PITY BONER posted:

"God preserve us and forgive us for celebrating her pain" - yoooo, did anyone ever consider this Pterson fellow to be kind of odd?

You trying to tell me that ol’ Doc Lobster, “Granny’s Pubes” Peterson is possibly some sort of crank or weirdo? but he uses so many words :thunkher:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jordan Peterson: the too many people on the planet eco disaster cult at university

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Groovelord Neato posted:

He got into the cider again

Not Jorp related but I actually think I developed an allergy to cider? Every time I drink it I get a fever and a noticeable rash around my neck and head. It's disgusting, but at least it makes me not want to touch that sugary poo poo. Is this a real thing? D'you suppose there's a bit of credence to Jorp's cider meltdown, in that he may have developed an allergy?

Also yeah, I'm re-reading that screed about climate change and it's more gross every time. Does he just have to double down on his grossly misinformed position now that he's been ousted from academia? Also I can't actually find it anywhere on his twitter, and I'd like to aggressively chirp him (as I am wont to do). At the risk of giving his page views, can someone point me to the actual post pls?

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
It wasn't the cider, he was going through withdrawal

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Even on the optimistic assumption that jorpy did develop an allergic reaction to cider or whatever, no allergic reaction is going to last for two weeks from one exposure and present with the symptoms he claimed it did. That's, like, just not how the immune system works. It was benzo withdrawal.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Mister Speaker posted:

Not Jorp related but I actually think I developed an allergy to cider? Every time I drink it I get a fever and a noticeable rash around my neck and head. It's disgusting, but at least it makes me not want to touch that sugary poo poo. Is this a real thing? D'you suppose there's a bit of credence to Jorp's cider meltdown, in that he may have developed an allergy?
you're probably sensitive to sulphites.

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
imagine somebody taking care of their elderly parents and theyre going over the financial statements and notice a strange charge so they call the bank but they misdial and reached the Freud Department instead and the guy tells them "I see, tell me about your mother."

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Jordan why so many typos, r u mad bro?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Me and joe @joe scientists

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Greta Thinberg and the Goofd Young People.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Slam Pajamas posted:

imagine somebody taking care of their elderly parents and theyre going over the financial statements and notice a strange charge so they call the bank but they misdial and reached the Freud Department instead and the guy tells them "I see, tell me about your mother."
I imagined it. It was ok, I guess.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Well he's lost his way;
I don't know what he's sayin'
He's saying words, he's takin his time;
but I don't know what

Goodnight Grandma, misunderstanding Corona

Hearing me and Jorpio
Talk on my podcast

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
You're hittin' the DRUGS again, Jorp.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I appreciate that Jorp appears to correctly have pegged "demented elders" as the actual issue behind climate change, and while I don't agree with his decision to side with them, I understand that it's a whole lot easier to just down a bottle of brain marinade and check out than it is to confront your own culpability in the matter.

But y'know, gently caress you for taking the easy way out at the expense of everyone else, that's how we got here in the first place.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

He means the "demented elders" are scaring the youngsters not that they damned us all.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Yeah, I just wanted to call Jorp a demented elder using his own words; I didn't mean to imply he actually understood what he was talking about. That's on me, it wasn't a very good burn.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I sincerely think this is a dude on a downward spiral, and the fact he’s been kicked off his tenure is just sending him further down that road. He’s becoming more and more incoherent (more so than normally) and I think in a year or so there might be no Jorp, not that I wish that on him.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

I can totally see him heading down the Bobby Fischer route, except he'll just double down on the most predictable right-wing talking points instead of truly wackadoodle poo poo.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I certainly don't wish him dead, just silent.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1487453979063824384

my man just seems to not give a poo poo anymore

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The end will come for Jordan when Rogan stops taking his calls.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I certainly don't wish him dead, just silent.

but muh freeze peach

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I've heard it said before that a sign of intelligence is being able to hold contradictory thoughts in your head.

There are instances and contexts where yes, black and white are pure social constructs and don't really exist.

There are also instances and contexts where those constructs have created real world distinctions and it's important to be able to talk about those.

They see a and by as opposite instead of as the same thing. They are just fundamentally unable to shift their view to look at something from another angle.

This is the broken legacy of "western thought" in my mind. That everything must be either or. It must be true or false. Everything can be reduced to empirical objective truth.

TLDR; words are a paradox. They mean nothing while simultaneously giving meaning to things.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1487510214026874886

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
what do u think jorp's SA name is

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it

precision posted:

what do u think jorp's SA name is

FartHuffer5000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Here's the next book idea for his idiot followers