Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I still hold that this is a much better character motivation than "resources are limited, and I have unlimited power, but instead of multiplying resources I'll cut the population in half which means the population will be the same as it is now within 2-3 generations because that's how math works"
this was jenny's take, too

it was a pretty funny video I bet you'd enjoy it :troll:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

It's really dumb and I hate it.

A mortal turned God who can do anything but still has to carry a printer in hopes to get a whiff of supreme goddess pussy is a million times better of a story because you scale it down and that's literally a nerd brainwashed by MRA reddit bullshit getting dad's gun and shooting up a mall because he will never gently caress a 10.

It's a real motivation and sells the villainy without any hammy sentimentality.

They could have even included where Thanos says gently caress it, and gets a sex doll by creating his perfect woman. (who looks like him but with boobs) RIP Terraxia.

mallratcal fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 29, 2022

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
On the subject of Spader - a couple months before the much better Dead Ringers came out, James Spader played twin brothers where one is suspected of being a Jack The Ripper copycat killer in Jack's Back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGMeFCooSUg

It was alright, I kinda enjoyed it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I was debating whether or not to watch Don't Look Up because I thought it would just make me mad and so far it is just making me mad

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Worth watching? I feel like I know how it goes, from the buzz

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Moola posted:

IMO big purple Grimace wants to gently caress Death, who is a big-boobed sexy lady just would not have worked on screen at all

Neither would a team containing a tree that only says its own name, a religious zealot who's somehow supposed to be likeable, and a violent raccoon.

Neither would an openly deaf character.

Neither would the multiverse, or various gods being real or a million other ridiculous comic book things marvel have done.

There's a lot of bad things to say about the majority of their movies, how harmful they've been to cinema, how harmful they've been to progressive discourse, and the fact that Disney is, more than anything else, a mental illness factory on the scale of Facebook.

BUT

Their ability to get the general public to buy into the most convoluted, non sensical comic nerd gibberish is undeniable.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

is the next big villain Kang or are they throwing whatever at the wall and seeing what sticks

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Aardvark! posted:

I was debating whether or not to watch Don't Look Up because I thought it would just make me mad and so far it is just making me mad

Hey this isn't a reaction to Postal!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Don't Look Up had a solid like 8 or 9 out loud laughs, which is wild for a non-Jackass comedy made in the 21st century.

But it is extremely frustrating because anyone with a hint of cynicism and media literacy knows exactly where it's going, why, and that it's predictable because of the accuracy of the infuriating poo poo it's lampooning.

So if you're an irony leftist it's a rollercoaster of preaching to the choir with some good jokes and great performances.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I was watching jackass 2 the other night and thinking about how hard writers work on top notch comedy like arrested development and 90s simpsons, like trimming the fat outta the script, reworking and reworking till its perfect. But no matter how hard those guys work and how funny those shows got its still nowhere near as funny as Chris Pontius dangling his mouse costumed dick in front of a snake till he gets bit. I cant wait for the new one.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

runnypoops posted:

I was watching jackass 2 the other night and thinking about how hard writers work on top notch comedy like arrested development and 90s simpsons, like trimming the fat outta the script, reworking and reworking till its perfect. But no matter how hard those guys work and how funny those shows got its still nowhere near as funny as Chris Pontius dangling his mouse costumed dick in front of a snake till he gets bit. I cant wait for the new one.

Chris Pontius using his dick like a baseball bat to hit a marshmallow into Steve-O's mouth is literally a billion times funnier than any scripted joke ever written.

I'm just thinking about it now and I'm vibrating from suppressing the laughter.

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.
Forgot to throw the link in to the original post, so here it is.

https://discord.gg/d59br2mK

Watching Bloodrunners now, and it appears i chose an actual movie!

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

The newish Adam Curtis documentary series loving rules and the first episode contains an s tier username as a plot point.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Don't Look Up had a solid like 8 or 9 out loud laughs, which is wild for a non-Jackass comedy made in the 21st century.

But it is extremely frustrating because anyone with a hint of cynicism and media literacy knows exactly where it's going, why, and that it's predictable because of the accuracy of the infuriating poo poo it's lampooning.

So if you're an irony leftist it's a rollercoaster of preaching to the choir with some good jokes and great performances.

Yup exactly my thoughts. It is precisely what you expect from the trailers etc. but it's Adam McKay and does have a bunch of genuinely funny bits. It's just a little too on the nose, kinda like remaking Idiocracy in 2021.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Kingo Ligma posted:

The newish Adam Curtis documentary series loving rules and the first episode contains an s tier username as a plot point.

It is very good, although I don't remember what the username could be

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

PostNouveau posted:

It is very good, although I don't remember what the username could be

old bachelor wang

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Kingo Ligma posted:

Josh was in this thread until he felt compelled to let everyone know he was a forums mod at heart

not gonna lie, I haven't actively lurked or posted on SA in like 5ish years, so is that as bad as it sounds?

e:

Groovelord Neato posted:

Maybe lurking was a better idea.

don't worry, I know how stupid I am

Radio Help fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 29, 2022

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
It was not actually Josh, it was a poster who got the nickname "thread Josh" because people disliked their takes. Then they tried to make a joke about liking some teenage actor, thinking it was clever because she was actually of age but you might think she wasn't, but she actually wasn't.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Radio Help posted:

not gonna lie, I haven't actively lurked or posted on SA in like 5ish years, so is that as bad as it sounds?

A dude named luchajones who had Josh as his avatar once said a real young teenage girl in a movie was hot, and then tried to say "No she's totally 18," only to be confronted by the fact that she had not been 18 when the movie was made. He has not posted in this thread since.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Just turned on "Fear Street Part 1: 1994" and the entire plot is pretty obvious from minute one but maybe it will be good anyway??? As we all know PG-13 horror is loving Winsauce :troll:

Actually I didn't mind Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark tbqh

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

sweet geek swag posted:

A dude named luchajones who had Josh as his avatar once said a real young teenage girl in a movie was hot, and then tried to say "No she's totally 18," only to be confronted by the fact that she had not been 18 when the movie was made. He has not posted in this thread since.

*Hasn't posted since, at all

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

infernal machines posted:

*Hasn't posted since, at all

*except we're pretty sure he's sunk dunk

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I was the one who ran out luchajones, it was very satisfying

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Aardvark! posted:

Just turned on "Fear Street Part 1: 1994" and the entire plot is pretty obvious from minute one but maybe it will be good anyway??? As we all know PG-13 horror is loving Winsauce :troll:

Actually I didn't mind Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark tbqh

Fear Street is R rated.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

sweet geek swag posted:

I mean... I'm kinda torn as to whether or not Josh strikes me as the sort of person who would have a picture of himself as his avatar

oh hey so here's some content: I just watched the Robin Williams vessel "Toys" for the first time a few days ago. It was like watching a Winnebago's worth of cocaine crash into Ohio's best art school. who the actual gently caress thought that movie was a good idea

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

sweet geek swag posted:

Feat Street is R rated.

Holy piss you're right. I guess I'll stop folding this laundry

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Radio Help posted:

I mean... I'm kinda torn as to whether or not Josh strikes me as the sort of person who would have a picture of himself as his avatar

oh hey so here's some content: I just watched the Robin Williams vessel "Toys" for the first time a few days ago. It was like watching a Winnebago's worth of cocaine crash into Ohio's best art school. who the actual gently caress thought that movie was a good idea

No one thought he was actually Josh, it was a joke. He was just wrong like Josh often is.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

sweet geek swag posted:

No one thought he was actually Josh, it was a joke. He was just wrong like Josh often is.

that might be the thing I like about him the most, honestly, but I am an extremely wrong person by nature

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Radio Help posted:

that might be the thing I like about him the most, honestly, but I am an extremely wrong person by nature

It was very clearly a bit. He'd come into the thread and post his extremely unpopular takes out of nowhere. You could tell it was a bit because he would sometimes post his actual opinion and the difference in tone was startling.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I remember liking Fear Street despite it being Goosebumps with curse words

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I thought the first fear street was ok but every time I tried the watch the other two I'd suddenly realize I was folding laundry

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Found my old post

I gave Fear Street a 4/10

I remember nothing about it except it starred the Stranger Things redhead girl and there was a witch

Fold that laundry, I guess

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Found my old post

I gave Fear Street a 4/10

I remember nothing about it except it starred the Stranger Things redhead girl and there was a witch

Fold that laundry, I guess

I'm feeling a raging 8 coming on to spite you.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
He was Josh

I can feel it in my e-bones

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
"Sheriff Goode? More like Sheriff motherfucking Evil!" Lmfao

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

The first Fear Street was pretty solid. The quality dips on each successive movie but I enjoyed them.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 
So I haven't seen rise of skywalker yet, how drunk should I be

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Radio Help posted:

unconscious

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Radio Help posted:

It doesn't matter because as we discovered in the last thread you literally won't remember anything about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

It doesn't matter because as we discovered in the last thread you literally won't remember anything about it.

thats good cuz all I remember about Rian Johnson's Cinematic Masterpiece was han solo dying