Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Im still gonna grind for the M-5-Y. Might as well cause they look cool. Wish me luck guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Katamari Democracy posted:

Im still gonna grind for the M-5-Y. Might as well cause they look cool. Wish me luck guys.

Skill seems to like it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVx5JAyxL6I

Smaller gun shits out damage.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Mesadoram posted:

Skill seems to like it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVx5JAyxL6I

Smaller gun shits out damage.

He was calling them a complete pile of kaka on his stream this morning. I didn't watch the full thing but he was really not liking the t10 yoh.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
His first game in the T7 was a 5k damage Pool's medal lol, can't be *that* bad

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TracerM17 posted:

He was calling them a complete pile of kaka on his stream this morning. I didn't watch the full thing but he was really not liking the t10 yoh.

Yeah, he went back hard on his opinion after playing them more since the First Impressions video. "T10 is 4/10" was the conclusion, and he hates playing it. Called it a "T10 Tornvagn" at one point.

E:

Thread favourite Quickybaby seems to like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGUEKV6Qv8E

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jan 27, 2022

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah, he went back hard on his opinion after playing them more since the First Impressions video. "T10 is 4/10" was the conclusion, and he hates playing it. Called it a "T10 Tornvagn" at one point.

E:

Thread favourite Quickybaby seems to like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGUEKV6Qv8E

I think it is the tornvagn turret reskined. At least that is what it looks like to me.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Vando posted:

His first game in the T7 was a 5k damage Pool's medal lol, can't be *that* bad

That's just par for the course for Skill. "The MS-1 is a terrible tank in tier 10 battles, ladies and gentlemen, but there is nothing what we can do!" *proceeds to get 12k combined damage and 9 kills* "This is completely fine, I am feeling good with this performance!"

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

dennyk posted:

That's just par for the course for Skill. "The MS-1 is a terrible tank in tier 10 battles, ladies and gentlemen, but there is nothing what we can do!" *proceeds to get 12k combined damage and 9 kills* "This is completely fine, I am feeling good with this performance!"

You just got to have paaatience fellas. We have all the time in the world of tanks.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
M-2-Y at tier 7 isnt terrible. To me it plays a little like a heavy captured King Tiger. The weak spot is unfortunate but still managable.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
My favorite is "15-1 simulator my friends. This is just how it is in the world of tanks 2022." I imagine him doing 4k damage in the first 3 minutes of the game doesnt' have anything to do with it...

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It quite frequently also goes in the other direction, and he's drat near lost his mind several times trying to mark tanks in situations where his entire team just melts in 2 minutes.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Yeah if you only watch the YT videos you don't get to see the hell he goes through on stream, which is far more representative of the game.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I've almost unlocked the Object 268v4 and I'm starting to realize I might not want an Object 268v4. This line just feels like complete poo poo to play in most situations. The gun is awful so you can't snipe, you don't have a turret so you're super easy to flank etc.

Yeah, it's fun when you can push in and shoot at things from ~100 meters out, but in most maps that's suicide. You also can't do ridgelines because you have no gun depression etc.

Is the T10 better than the T9? Still fun? Worth playing?

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jan 27, 2022

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Is the T10 better than the T9? Still fun? Worth playing?

IIRC the T10 still can push a side hard, but more players now-a-days seem to know where to shoot it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"This tank is a stinker"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqN0ECpwass

The aim time is absolutely awful. If the aim time was better this might be a decent tank, but right now you have to aim so god drat long.

E: It looks like it can work as a sniper because once you've aimed in fully (which takes forever) the gun IS fairly accurate, but that's still kind of a bummer for a heavy tank. You can't push, you can't trade, all you can do is sit at the back and take a shot every ~16 seconds.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jan 28, 2022

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Vando posted:

Yeah if you only watch the YT videos you don't get to see the hell he goes through on stream, which is far more representative of the game.

Yeah I have seen quite a few times where the only kills his team has are his own and they lose 15-3

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Mesadoram posted:

IIRC the T10 still can push a side hard, but more players now-a-days seem to know where to shoot it.

Armor is kind of meaningless with every fucker shooting gold ammo

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Raged posted:

Armor is kind of meaningless with every fucker shooting gold ammo

Yup. It honestly feels like it is only getting worse.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh yeah I forgot that marathons bring out all the mutants from the super sewer. Jesus loving christ the EU servers are unplayable today.

E: I've played for 20 minutes and I want to throw my mouse into the wall.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jan 28, 2022

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Oh yeah I forgot that marathons bring out all the mutants from the super sewer. Jesus loving christ the EU servers are unplayable today.

Looks like it's going to be low-tier gameplay for me over the next two weeks. I loving despise these marathons for the very reason you mention; it resurrects dead accounts and makes any loving attempt at playing the game an even more miserable experience.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I am genuinely bad at this game and last night it was just chock a block full of people that made me look awesome.

Probably going to eat a chat ban or two by the end of the marathon.

Skill is not having a good time trying to mark the Maus.

Raged fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 28, 2022

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Raged posted:

Probably going to eat a chat ban or two by the end of the marathon.

So I'm not the only one who pipes up and tells the team what I really think of them? :buddy:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I doubt anyone here is going to grind out to get the WZ for free. Is anyone here actually going to play money for it?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Raged posted:

I doubt anyone here is going to grind out to get the WZ for free. Is anyone here actually going to play money for it?

Almost every single loving "marathon" tank has ended up in a bazaar, "black market," or "auction." Or outright sold for cash again several months down the road. Why bother?

When I saw it can be easily penetrated via the turret, and not even when aiming for a cupola, I went :nallears: about this thing.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Got a dumb question. As I work my way up the tiers I transfer/train my crew to the new tier tank. Do you guy replace the crew on the old tanks or do you just keep using the same crew with the penalty?

You are the reason we can't have nice things :p

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Vz. 55 is definitely not OP.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Raged posted:

Got a dumb question. As I work my way up the tiers I transfer/train my crew to the new tier tank. Do you guy replace the crew on the old tanks or do you just keep using the same crew with the penalty?

I'd imagine most people use the 80% 20k/each option to train crews for a new tank.

One trick most people don't know is that rather than using an 80% crew in a stock tank, if you put that 80% crew into a premium tank of the type the crew is trained for, not only will it train the crew back to 100% quicker (especially if you enable quicker crew training), you don't have to be a liability with an 80% crew in a stock tank.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Raged posted:

You are the reason we can't have nice things :p

And Ill do it again!

So far I have lost both games so far in it. But as I am sure everyone here is aware of and I cant stress this enough; the reload is a drat shame on this thing.

But I do enjoy playing this thing like a TD and not at all in the frontlines. This the ultimate peekaboom type playstyle since the T110E5 in my opinion. Plus as a person who isn't a fan of chinese tanks; I do enjoy collecting the premiums.

$90 was money well spent because my Type 59 and 122TM all look really festive and I like the look. I kinda want to keep that theme going.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Katamari Democracy posted:

the reload is a drat shame on this thing
I could have a 90% discount on the WZ-114 and this is the sole reason why I still wouldn't bite.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Raged posted:

Here, maybe not. Overall, lots of people. I saw 10+ WZs yesterday on the EU servers in my hour of playing, and those people would've bought it at 100% or at best 90% price because a 45% tomato isn't going to do many missions in a few hours.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I had XP banked on the T1HT so I immediately unlocked the Pawlack tank, but I haven't purchased it yet. It looks like a worse M6, so for those of you who've played it, is it worth skipping or not?

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Atomizer posted:

I had XP banked on the T1HT so I immediately unlocked the Pawlack tank, but I haven't purchased it yet. It looks like a worse M6, so for those of you who've played it, is it worth skipping or not?

Haven't played it myself yet, but what I've heard 6 and 8 are highlights of that line. It is shaped better than M6 imo, and it's a whole lot better on the move so you can actually get into action.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Atomizer posted:

Mixed bag honestly. I'm played through it in a rapid grind during the early early morning on us central, so you can imagine the level of play along with it being a marathon event. And I still finished decently in win rate, it didn't really feel most of the time that I was the one affecting the match. I had one specific match where I did 3k damage on minsk. It was also a map where I was top tier. Even in tier 7 matches, things kind of go sideways just because of all the hills around the maps anymore. In higher tier matches, I generally did start to swap role and take on spots for mediums since it has similar mobility. On paper, it should have played similar to the p.43 ter that I enjoyed immensely. However, since it takes up a heavy slot, it means the enemy can get a functional heavy. And at tier 6, you risk bring kv-2s into your enemy's rank. While the p43 was bringing a medium that didn't really have optional strong tier6/7 mediums like you can with heavies. I was using the 90mm gun on the pawlack though. Skill suggests the 75, and I'm eh about that. The lack of pen when facing tier 8s seems like a bad idea. Also, overlord is hot garbage of a map for that tank. No where is safe of functional for it.

Either way you go, it is a relatively fast grind if you just unlock all the modules. Obviously, cheaper if you just jump past, but that is up to you. M-2-Y can mount the top turret and gun without the tracks upgrade btw. Along with all equipment slots fitted.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Atomizer posted:

Skip it at all costs.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Skill seems to like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7WDc_x7FZY

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 29, 2022

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

WGing doubling down with the T9 premiums I guess. Do they actually make better credits then the T8s or is that a trap?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

A trap. Skill specifically mentioned that neither the WZ or the Strv-K make more than a T8 premium. Probably because they're both pretty lovely, so it's easier to have a good round in a balans'd T8 premium. And because T9s have higher running costs than T8s.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Figures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Yeah so I watched this video after asking in the thread, and I got what I needed to know from it, namely that it's not for me. Skill does appear to like it, and he even prefers the 76 mm, (which, ew, 115 alpha at tier 6, against tier 8s? no thanks!) but it's more of a case of him doing well in it because he's a good player. I watched him facehug an A46 (which is a terrible tank if you weren't aware) and not be able to shoot down on it due to the lack of depression, which is of course uncharacteristic for US tanks. It doesn't even get the double-track mechanic, which isn't even a game-changer. I'm going to skip this thing.