Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

he fell into the hole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Kore_Fero posted:

I think they fired in anger at least once and SeanBeansShako got it captured on video.

The SC were used multiple times in the four? five hours? I babysat them and fixed up that whole area. Got footage of them being shot multiple times by CL, V, 82DK and KRIEG so those shells found targets. The HANS was also used and the generators were being topped up constantly.

Not going to lie it is a bit of a downer we lost our Hans and one SC, we did accomplish a lot this war and it sucks with the reverses but remember we still did a lot and kicked rear end doing it. We had fun and we're still in the game for a bit more before things might not go our way. But gently caress it, these days a win is a hard thing to achive as thanks to the developers inability to understand multiplayer games despite making one for almost half a decade. But we're still having fun as we're having a chill experience hanging out driving tanks and trucks and shooting stupid dumb Colonials in their face.

And in the end that is what matters. We're still in Deadlands and technically one SC is still alive and can be used. Colonials pissed away a lot of resources trying to break in without using their SC and our base stopped them. We should be proud it took a dedicated SC operation to try and remove our stuff.

I understand some of you might feel a little burnt out and need a small break with all the trucking going on and the stuff made being smashed, feel free to relax for a day or two while we put something new down. The more ground they get the stupider the currently awkward logistics routes they got to take gets. Foxhole sometimes sadly for better or worse is always going to be Foxhole in some ways.

Radio Free Kobold posted:

he fell into the hole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd637fQ_yMM

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

there's a modest counterattack pushing out of goonbase/salt farms across the river to brine glen right now. yeah it sucks we lost the big guns and we're probably not going to hold salt farms for the next week beacuse of that, but we're still in this fight

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

there's a modest counterattack pushing out of goonbase/salt farms across the river to brine glen right now. yeah it sucks we lost the big guns and we're probably not going to hold salt farms for the next week beacuse of that, but we're still in this fight

I started digging into the hill to the east of salt farms because if goons can’t have it no one can. The expensive overbuilt watchtower is out of range of their SCs, but within 120mm arty range of salt farms :getin:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
gently caress collies

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

RIP GOONFARM '87
11 Jan - 26 Jan
peproni & chese

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

SeanBeansShako posted:

And in the end that is what matters. We're still in Deadlands and technically one SC is still alive and can be used. Colonials pissed away a lot of resources trying to break in without using their SC and our base stopped them. We should be proud it took a dedicated SC operation to try and remove our stuff.

Also shout out to logi in all this. We've had goons scrapping and manufacturing at an unprecedented pace, so there was a very well-equipped stockpile in Salt Farms ready to go when the Collies attacked. Unlike Brine Glen, the Goonfort had all the supplies necessary to mount an effective defence.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yeah goons went the extra mile, especially since the art of responding to the partisans seems to be non-existant with the Wardens right now and all sorts of map monitoring and raider dodging going on getting that stuff through and over the borders.

In more positive news, we've got Silverhands. In less positive news their mass production tanks are here.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

RIP GOONFARM '87
11 Jan - 26 Jan
peproni & chese

yall -play a totally diff game with thise graphics

im still on the alpha graphics

Gath
Sep 23, 2009

Kore_Fero posted:

I think they fired in anger at least once and SeanBeansShako got it captured on video.

There were 60 rounds in north side. I should of just started blasting. Ah well build up back base.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I might buy into this game, what’s the timeframe for a new war to start up?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Sextro posted:

Some point in early February.

Invalido
Dec 28, 2005

BICHAELING

Sextro posted:

I'm guessing at least a week, probably more like two or even more? Nobody knows. While the blue team has a slowly increasing lead right now the outcome is still not decided and once it gets to the tipping point there will be a few days of endgame followed by another few interwar days of "resistance mode".

Nothing prevents you from jumping in mid-war though.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Invalido posted:

I'm guessing at least a week, probably more like two or even more? Nobody knows. While the blue team has a slowly increasing lead right now the outcome is still not decided and once it gets to the tipping point there will be a few days of endgame followed by another few interwar days of "resistance mode".

Nothing prevents you from jumping in mid-war though.

Cool beans then, I just meant more of timing to not catch the community here on a downswing in activity or something.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Sextro posted:

Cool beans then, I just meant more of timing to not catch the community here on a downswing in activity or something.

Nah, our activity is pretty high. We're feeling a bit of pressure right now due to a lot of our work getting blasted into dust but we're trying to figure out where to rebuild and keep defending deadlands.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Allegedly we've got some sort of update coming out next month, so some people will be coming back.

Game is currently discounted slightly on STEAM right now for the next few days.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Train

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
If they add trains I will never log off

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Put a giant gently caress off cannon on the train and we're talkin'

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Joining at the tail end of a war can actually help, since there’s not a HUGE difference in competence between a newbee and a bittervet, depending on what task you’re attempting. Every Goon counts.

We all die the same to gas grenades and machine gun fire is what I’m trying to say.

Also that I desperately want poison gas shells for the artillery. :colbert:

LightRailTycoon
Mar 24, 2017

MrYenko posted:

Joining at the tail end of a war can actually help, since there’s not a HUGE difference in competence between a newbee and a bittervet, depending on what task you’re attempting. Every Goon counts.

Showing a new goon the ropes is best way to snap a bitter vet out of their funk. Nothing better than playing with someone too new to not to try what everyone thinks is impossible.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Stereotype posted:

If they add trains I will never log off

I'm honestly going to bet that the train runs on a ruinous amount of petrol, making it impossible for any but the large clans to bother with.

The French will make the trains run on time :france:

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
The thing about trains possibly appearing in game is that they would/will most likely be some sort of set path setup while everyone wants to be able to place track here there and everywhere like it was some giant HO scale model table. The odds of us getting free-form track placement is effectively nil because of the amount of coding time it would take to be able to actually do this. The devs had a hard enough time getting what we have for the bunker system implemented. The jankyness of the whole vehicle physics system is also why we will probably never have any form of towing or trailers in the game.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

first screen i have no idea it says from today but i was blackout drunk last night so???
second was some sick urban warfare during that run where we capped camp omicorn simons run and that bell zone there were bodies EVERYWHERE

EVERYWHERE

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

MREBoy posted:

The thing about trains possibly appearing in game is that they would/will most likely be some sort of set path setup while everyone wants to be able to place track here there and everywhere like it was some giant HO scale model table. The odds of us getting free-form track placement is effectively nil because of the amount of coding time it would take to be able to actually do this. The devs had a hard enough time getting what we have for the bunker system implemented. The jankyness of the whole vehicle physics system is also why we will probably never have any form of towing or trailers in the game.

They absolutely wouldn't be tracks for us to lay ourselves; I'm willing to guess that they would be like the seaports, and you could use them to travel between depots to deliver cargo more effectively, but with the added joy of having extremely predictable routes to be demo charged upon, or to have the rails of torn up.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i want to democharge stuff so bad

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

train conductor would be the best logi job

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm in the camp it will be a lot of menus and timers and you might be lucky to have a model of a locamotive combined carriage vehicle scooting along a set of rails.

I doubt we'll be getting a train set in Foxhole.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

We will, however, see cries of "hey, we need people in deadpans to please leave and make room for the logi train, thanks"

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Non essential personnel leave <map> NOW reeeeeeeeee

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

SeanBeansShako posted:

I'm in the camp it will be a lot of menus and timers and you might be lucky to have a model of a locamotive combined carriage vehicle scooting along a set of rails.

I doubt we'll be getting a train set in Foxhole.

Yeah this is how I see it going. Maaaaaaybe some art assets to look at but the player experience will be "unpack stuff, re-pack that same stuff in a specific container that only takes multiples of 9, put it on this new pad we crammed on the outskirts of the city so we didn't have to re-do the maps, drop in <loving STUPID> units of petrol, and after X amount of time you can pick up your stuff at the other end, unpack it, re-pack it, and do something else with it."

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

if you want trains go play openttd with goons. seriously, it's a fun little traingame. you'll have more fun with railroads there then you'll ever have here and you can even create one-way railroads and complicated switching setups.
trains in foxhole will be a shitshow, trains made by foxhole devs will be a shitshow, railways involving foxhole players will be a shitshow.
no, no you don't want to drive a train. imagine getting stuck on a railroad traffic jam, for hours, because some pubbie on the other end of the hex tied his train into a pretzel and nobody can get around it or remove it from the rails.
the only thing a train needs to do is move containers and run vehicles over when they're on traintracks but somehow the devs will find a way to make that unpleasant and frustrating

Radio Free Kobold fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jan 28, 2022

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Sadly some players are dead certain Foxhole will be the perfect dream choo choo game and boy will they be upset when reality slaps them in the back of the head like I did with that ONE guy in a trench and his tunnel vision buddy digging it out when I jump in and punched both half to death WITH MY BARE HANDS last night.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The ability to nothing but hold W and drive a train along a pre-destined track is something I would absolutely love, for real. Plus I guess it could be useful to transfer troops between bases in the same zone in case something happens but you can also just respawn so w//ever

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

SeanBeansShako posted:

Sadly some players are dead certain Foxhole will be the perfect dream choo choo game and boy will they be upset when reality slaps them in the back of the head like I did with that ONE guy in a trench and his tunnel vision buddy digging it out when I jump in and punched both half to death WITH MY BARE HANDS last night.

I had my first out-of-ammo-switching-to-fists moment the other day, and it was pretty comically intense. Doubly so because the collie had the same thing happen at the same time.

:v:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

MrYenko posted:

I had my first out-of-ammo-switching-to-fists moment the other day, and it was pretty comically intense. Doubly so because the collie had the same thing happen at the same time.

This game has fun moments like that. :black101: If any lurkers are on the fence I think it's on sale right now. Buy it and come play with goons.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

game's janky but there's satisfaction to be had. it's like i'm contributing to a group project except the project is WAR

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

MrYenko posted:

RMB focuses your punches the direction you want to punch so you can do more than windmill Bart enemy to death.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Well, good news, despite our crushing defeats day after day, the rest of the map is starting to push. We broke through part of Terminus and even crossed the Marban river.

Little victories add up. Sounds like concrete is starting to die and we might see some map progress after being stalled out for a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Some war stories from fighting for the wet concrete SC just outside Santctum in Marban Hollow last night:

Was doing medic duty and did the thankless duty of crawling into the grenade trap that is a crater some Warden was cowering in putting down MG fire, dude is bleeding out so I get in there and revive him and patch him up and then out of the loving darkness looms a Bardiche tank. Commander decides to go all trigger happy and starts to spray down the crater with me and my former patient now who went back to hugging the drat border of the crater and shooting away despite the Medium tank legit next to him.

So I sort of get clipped enough to be injured by the tank firing the MG (of course my patient is just out of reach for the turret and is utterly ignored) and this thing is creeping closer so I just prone down and wait for the inevitible in this blood soaked crater filled with several other Wardens who thought hiding in a hole was a good idea (no it didn't help) and for a few seconds the tracers are bouncing above the tank is creeping forward. Then the Bardiche just stops and reverses out back into the night to the BB complex behind it. My Medic managed to live and heal for 15 more minutes.

Another story same area more or less an hour later in the day, a Satchel charge blew a hole in a flank of the concrete bunker belt and infantry is really creeping forward to get in, sadly though there is this ridge between the two lines which is a constant long rifle/tripod weapon menace to our attack with the Colonials having a perfect shot down on us crawling forward.

I gear up my usual light Rifleman set up (rifle, two magazines plus one loaded bayonet and bandage) and try to find a place in the firing line. We were close enough to see the drat BB just at the edge of our screens but the Omen fire was near endless. I ran for cover underneath said ridge line and then I saw it, one of the rock formations was crouching climbing height. I decided to risk it and clambered on the thing, the never ending sniping at max range match distracting the small group of Colonial soldiers occupying this ridge. Now remember I had my bayonet so the moment I was on top of that loving ridge I wasted no time and just charged into the fight. First victim, some dude crouching waddling with an Omen. Bayonet to the gut. Next victim? some Colonial next to him running into said bayonet for some reason. On the ground near him prone was some prick using our ATR! He got it next in the back. Now of course both sides can see this fine display of bloody insanity (bullets are going all over the place around me) I notice too sadly the Colonial now know I am there and keep just stabbing and running over the ridge. Jumped down off the ridge then I stumbled into a medic. Fed him the steel and saw another Medic nearby.

I attempt to add him to the list but he is actually paying attention and runs off, some Colonial tries to go for me with his fists and we have a Benny hill moment where he runs in circles and I pursue jabbing away like crazy in full blood lust. I strike him down but I think either fire from a Pillbox finally tags me and somebody else shoots my slow bleeding rear end. Some Warden captain called Santos was impressed enough to attempt a doomed save but sort of forgot his line of sight and strolled into the view of around 15 pissed off Colonial soldiers and some AI and was shortly murdered after picking me up.

Bayonet good. I wish this game was Shadowplay friendly because I doubt I will ever get a bayonet murder streak that entertaining again.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 29, 2022