Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

If the job market has been quiet for the past month or two, don't lose hope. The holidays are always extra rough. I suspect companies are just now starting to gear back up for hiring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

GreenNight posted:

They may offer you your current role!

I'd rather go work at Best Buy again lol

Internet Explorer posted:

If the job market has been quiet for the past month or two, don't lose hope. The holidays are always extra rough. I suspect companies are just now starting to gear back up for hiring.

I was told this by a few recruiters too. Nothing has panned out yet, still haven't gotten any interviews so my confidence is a little low lately. With a baby coming soon I'm also not sure if getting another job and then taking off time is the best look but who doesn't give people time off for parental leave now? Or am I mistaken...?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Is what it is. Just remember, don't mention that in your interviewing. It's a protected topic and you don't need to volunteer it.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
We are remodeling our main office, consolidating buildings, etc. With the new number of conference rooms comes a new naming scheme of national parks.

One was missing. I’m not a complete sociopath, I’m gonna set up auto-decline.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Backwards CISO update: All my directs but one have made a case with HR over my CISO.

Some highlights so far

She bragged about getting someone fired during a team meeting
she called someone out for having a Michael Jordan avatar for their teams, crying cultural appropriation and racism. She actually said "people think your black and you aren't".
She made a rule about cams on at all times and always unmuted.
She hung up on someone during a 1 on 1 with her because he had face surgery and didn't want to get on cam. She decided no face, no meeting.
Employee goals are suppose to be written by employees, she has modified them all to what she wants them to be, going against company policy.
She talks over people and don't follow any social cues. If you are speaking and she starts speaking, she will not stop speaking, you will either both talk or you will have to give up. Its almost sociopathic.
She has gotten on to people for not working on their sick days and PTO (rescheduling meetings, responding to emails, etc)
The entire "not certified, can't do your job" thing.
She will get upset, (not screaming upset), but visually upset if you don't agree with her on anything.

I am now having my 3rd HR meeting over these. This is hell.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

You heard back from the potential new job yet? Or did they schedule another 7 hours of interviews just to make sure

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Sickening posted:

She hung up on someone during a 1 on 1 with her because he had face surgery and didn't want to get on cam. She decided no face, no meeting.

Wow, that's horrible. How does she still have a job after this?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Fart Amplifier posted:

Wow, that's horrible. How does she still have a job after this?

Its all newly reported. And its not a small company, the CISO is brand new, and the wheels move slow.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Also rules are different at c-level

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

What would get a middle manager or director fired is barely a drop in the bucket

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

She sounds worse than than the other one by a long shot

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

The Fool posted:

Also rules are different at c-level

She is only a VP. CISO titles are given out to non-c's now.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

George H.W. oval office posted:

She sounds worse than than the other one by a long shot

She isn't actually, but definitely affecting way more people.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

devmd01 posted:

We are remodeling our main office, consolidating buildings, etc. With the new number of conference rooms comes a new naming scheme of national parks.

One was missing. I’m not a complete sociopath, I’m gonna set up auto-decline.

I'm not going to sit here and try to doxx you but this is not how you redact a screenshot

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

now i'm freaking out trying to read the powershell script to see what's doxxable

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Literally nothing, other than the creation of a room mailbox as a joke. There is nothing there doxxable that can’t be deleted with five seconds worth of work and an apology.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
final hour of my last day at this company, I was only here for 6 months but everyone is like, "please don't leave" sorry suckers. Gotta run. I heard the guy who I replaced, who retired, might come back temporarily? Wild.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

incoherent posted:

now i'm freaking out trying to read the powershell script to see what's doxxable

Nothing in the script itself, just that you could pretty easily guess what's behind the blacked out text based on context. Especially the username and maybe the domain.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Who else is in an org loving scrambling over this salesforce mfa thing?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Now that I know about it I guess I can start scrambling! :haw:

EDIT: https://twitter.com/gossipbabies/status/1487161069143576576?s=20&t=_Vwrw5MJOmBiJFEPu3U1OA

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 28, 2022

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
So what company is this? I'm betting facebook

https://old.reddit.com/r/cscareerquestions/comments/setxnt/psa_one_of_the_fangs_is_about_to_internally/

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

It’s Amazon op

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Also Amazon is not going anywhere.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

The FAANG acronym is pretty meaningless these days anyway

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Probably right but I see more people pushing back and trying not to shop with Amazon, not have any of their IoT stuff etc. than a few years ago.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

100% this is amazon

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

The Fool posted:

The FAANG acronym is pretty meaningless these days anyway

FAANG is yesterday's news. It's all about MOLAR now (Mattel, Oracle, Lockheed Martin, AirBnB, RCA)

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 29, 2022

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I'm way too lazy to make a GINGIVITIS backronym but pretend I did and it was really funny.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I toyed with FAARTNG but never found a satisfying R

Red hat or Redfin where the best I could come up with

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Isn't it MAANG now?

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

The Fool posted:

I toyed with FAARTNG but never found a satisfying R

Red hat or Redfin where the best I could come up with

Rivian

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Let's be honest it's Raytheon

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

MrKatharsis posted:

Isn't it MAANG now?

It's MANGA :milk:

Internet Explorer posted:

I've gotten more interest in the past week than in the preceding two months

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Is Google back to being Google, or are they still Alphabet? If the latter, then it's MAAAN.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Got the desktop team to set up an intune policy so I can use windows hello with my new laptop. Pretty sweet to sit down, hit ctrl-alt-del, look at the camera, and the machine unlocks.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

the NAAAM thousand yard stare

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

devmd01 posted:

Got the desktop team to set up an intune policy so I can use windows hello with my new laptop. Pretty sweet to sit down, hit ctrl-alt-del, look at the camera, and the machine unlocks.

That with security key is pretty rad.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Just waiting for Windows Hello Cloud Trust to become a thing so that people can auth to any on-prem resources without having to either drop to using passwords or deploying a bunch of PKI infrastructure.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

Just waiting for Windows Hello Cloud Trust to become a thing so that people can auth to any on-prem resources without having to either drop to using passwords or deploying a bunch of PKI infrastructure.

Some students at Cambridge sorta did that in the early 2000's, it's where the VNC protocol came from but their scheme was putting card readers at workstations and when you insert your badge your desktop session pops up.

It never caught on unfortunately. Likely because IBM bought the lab they worked in and shut it down. :downs:

VNC is still relatively popular though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yubikeys and be done with it