Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

No guides for Elden Ring out yet, but I found some useful information from a potentially-trustworthy government source and I think any prospective players should familiarize themselves with the documenation, lest one inadvertently encounter time-wasting bullshit in or about the game environs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

It would be cool if you find a lever to drain the poison swamp but then it just dumps it on another area, creating a new poison swamp

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Fucker posted:

the only truly bad area that made dark souls 1 a worse game was lost izalith

Lost Izalith was cool as gently caress.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Martman posted:

It would be cool if you find a lever to drain the poison swamp but then it just dumps it on another area, creating a new poison swamp

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I hope there's no rusted iron ring so I can plod my way through poison swamps for 20 hours

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I hope there's no rusted iron ring so I can plod my way through poison swamps for 20 hours
I hope there's one that's super easy to find with a basic sense of curiosity and exploration

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I hope there is one and I loot it early on then forget about it for the rest of the game like I did in every other DS

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Simply Simon posted:

I hope there's one that's super easy to find with a basic sense of curiosity and exploration
well hopefully the guide has a good table of contents so I don't have to explore it too much

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I want a boss rush hallway, all hallways are poison swamps, and every hallway between bosses have a minimum 20 unique and useless items that each have two screens worth of deep lore item descriptions.

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
why does everyone hate lost izalith? did they fight all the dino skeletons or something cause the guide said to

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

a.p. dent posted:

why does everyone hate lost izalith? did they fight all the dino skeletons or something cause the guide said to

People rush through it to get to Bed of Chaos and don't explore it.

Also because every YouTuber and what not has said it's a bad area because development hell etc etc and gently caress me it's too hard to form your own opinion apparently.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

herculon posted:

I want a boss rush hallway, all hallways are poison swamps, and every hallway between bosses have a minimum 20 unique and useless items that each have two screens worth of deep lore item descriptions.

Hold up bud, you better throw some elevators in there

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Also because every YouTuber and what not has said it's a bad area because development hell etc etc and gently caress me it's too hard to form your own opinion apparently.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
tbf I would have hated it more in the original version where the lava is so bright it burns your retinas

But at least it has a cool Angkor Wat visual style

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

i explored the area and it was boring as poo poo. if anything, itd be more enjoyable if u just rushed through it. i dont need youtubers to tell me its an endless purgatory of boredom. i stopped playing the game for years cause of lost izalith. quit being a dumbass

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Martman posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

cyber penguin of doom: its da youtubers :buddy:

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I'm telling you Lost Izalith is a bad area and I'm not a youtuber. Scared?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Morpheus: This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You watch the youtuber - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe they ran out of time and money before finishing Lost Izalith. You read the Fextralife wiki - you stay in Lordran and I show you how deep the lore goes.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

Morpheus: This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You watch the youtuber - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe they ran out of time and money before finishing Lost Izalith. You read the Fextralife wiki - you stay in Lordran and I show you how deep the lore goes.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Arrhythmia posted:

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mask of comedy: Oh, didn't want to use a guide? Enjoy wasting your time.
*spins around*
Mask of tragedy: people just don't like Lost Izaleth because they listen to YouTube guides, like noobs.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

Arrhythmia posted:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Arrhythmia posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i just got to the case with your av and it rules so far

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Arrhythmia posted:

lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Paulie and Chris gank squading someone in Lost Izalith but he escapes and they desperately trudge through the area with their equipment breaking

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Paulie and Chris gank squading someone in Lost Izalith but he escapes and they desperately trudge through the area with their equipment breaking

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

PAULIE: He killed 16 dragon asses, guy was a level designer!
CHRIS: His Izalith looked like poo poo

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

Mask of comedy: Oh, didn't want to use a guide? Enjoy wasting your time.
*spins around*
Mask of tragedy: people just don't like Lost Izaleth because they listen to YouTube guides, like noobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Fungah! posted:

i just got to the case with your av and it rules so far

It's really good