Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sleng Teng posted:

I’ve been playing it for all of 3 days but I’m already thinking very hard about getting a drum controller for taiko lol. Is there a way to get the switch hori taiko controller to work with series x? Should I just wait and see if an Xbox one gets made?

It probably wont get an official one. Just buy the switch one and play the pc gamepass version with it. Any laptop should be able to run it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/brookgamingfans/status/1486538631305392128

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

It probably wont get an official one. Just buy the switch one and play the pc gamepass version with it. Any laptop should be able to run it

This is good to know for when I might need it but I want to play on the big tv with the big surround!

awesome ty! :cheers:

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Fanatic posted:

Yeah it makes a pretty good dragster :D

FH3 had a fun achievement where you had to do a 300ft jump off one of the Danger Signs in the supervan.

FH5 has a similar one too.

I like the weekly festival stuff, it's usually an hour or two of content to play through and you can pick and choose the things you like to do. The Trial is usually the only thing I actively avoid as it usually needs tuned cars, and more importantly, teammates also in tuned cars.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Not 100% sure but a Xim Apex should work as well. At least I think I heard that it did.

I don't see why it wouldn't it works with nearly everything.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I have one of Brook's adapters for PS3/4 controllers to xbox so I can use my RAP sticks. It works great.
Seriously considering picking this thing up. If only I could use my Donkey Konga drums

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

otter posted:

I have one of Brook's adapters for PS3/4 controllers to xbox so I can use my RAP sticks. It works great.
Seriously considering picking this thing up. If only I could use my Donkey Konga drums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7Yimxud4UI

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

I have one of these for using Xbox One controllers on Xbox 360. It works really well once you update the firmware via PC. Only ~$45, too!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Pretty cool that the Taiko game can run on the original Xbox, too bad it looks like the only system that didn't get it is the 360.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

God drat that dude is good.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
The normal Xbox controller is really bad for Drum master. The buttons have too much travel to register quick hits together.

However I used the PS classic controller on PC to play it and it's a million times easier to play.

Definitely would need a drum controller to do any tracks above the second difficulty, but it works.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
taiko is somehow the one game where the switch joycons are actually one of the best controllers available, with the clicky buttons and separated d-pad buttons

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I also feel that it would benefit heaps from a 120fps mode, which it should be able to do trivially.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Battery life chat:

I got 9:20:23 out of the DualSense battery on PC, mostly playing Halo but basically all of it on games. So right in line with what I had expected. Still only about half what the XBox controller gets, but far more than the 4 hours some were claiming.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1488197278334537729

winning

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

The Pirate Captain posted:

Battery life chat:

I got 9:20:23 out of the DualSense battery on PC, mostly playing Halo but basically all of it on games. So right in line with what I had expected. Still only about half what the XBox controller gets, but far more than the 4 hours some were claiming.

ahh must have a longer life when playing gamepass games, makes sense

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1488210539276902407?s=20&t=Sd5W1G7LWm7ECoYdbzUAkg

So Sony owns Halo now, right?

lol

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Pirate Captain posted:

Battery life chat:

Does it use the rumble motors and trigger tension stuff on PC?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1488210601142796290?t=V80e0IXM-5eaa3C1KTKL6A&s=19

Lmao

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

unless it's a new oni, I really don't care what Bungie does.
Good for them, though I wonder if Sony could reign them in like MS did

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

In theory, but none of the games I played had it. Lots of regular rumble but not the fancy stuff.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Myth was pretty cool. And I wonder if they still own the Marathon rights, they could always bring that back as a direct Halo competitor.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I didn't like MLB 21, so I hope this one is better. The AI was so awful last year, your outfield players made an unrealistic amount of errors.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

New Sony space shooter lookin' good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:sickos:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

whoops lol

does bungie have it in them to make another good game?

Sleng Teng fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 31, 2022

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

perfectly happy to continue not playing destiny tbh

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sleng Teng posted:

whoops lol

does bungie have it in them to make another good game?

They are making a new IP currently. So remains to be seen.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Bungee, bring back Abuse.

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day

I said come in! posted:

They are making a new IP currently. So remains to be seen.

I would be bummed about having to play Bungie's next game on another platform, but it seems as though the deal allows them to develop for other platforms? still not clear of that's just a Destiny thing, though

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

AFAIK only Deathloop and Metro Exodus support those features on PC. God of War natively supports Dualsense but doesn't use the fancy haptics or trigger resistance.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

acksplode posted:

AFAIK only Deathloop and Metro Exodus support those features on PC. God of War natively supports Dualsense but doesn't use the fancy haptics or trigger resistance.

Does Metro Exodus use haptics on the Series X? I played the hell out of it when it came out, but it didn't have that feature at the time.

It also felt like you were running and aiming through mud, which is a different problem that game had.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Man, Sony is showing some real faith in that studio that I don't know if it deserves. Destiny has been a lovely grindy loot treadmill from day 1, and their good Halos were a decade plus ago.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

Does Metro Exodus use haptics on the Series X? I played the hell out of it when it came out, but it didn't have that feature at the time.

It also felt like you were running and aiming through mud, which is a different problem that game had.

Don't have an Xbox, but I'd be pretty surprised if Xbox games supported features unique to the PS5 controller

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

Man, Sony is showing some real faith in that studio that I don't know if it deserves. Destiny has been a lovely grindy loot treadmill from day 1, and their good Halos were a decade plus ago.

Although Destiny 2 is not popular on this forum, the rest of the gaming internet loves the game. It is massively popular and makes an ungodly amount of money on micro-transactions. This was a very smart purchase from Sony. They are going to be making enough money each month to fund new games each month.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

acksplode posted:

Don't have an Xbox, but I'd be pretty surprised if Xbox games supported features unique to the PS5 controller

Xbox controllers have haptic feedback in the triggers, just hardly any game uses it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I really don’t care who buys who as long as they treat PC as neutral ground

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

I said come in! posted:

Although Destiny 2 is not popular on this forum, the rest of the gaming internet loves the game. It is massively popular and makes an ungodly amount of money on micro-transactions. This was a very smart purchase from Sony. They are going to be making enough money each month to fund new games each month.

Bungie definitely needed funding for whatever else they want to be working on in parallel as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

Xbox controllers have haptic feedback in the triggers, just hardly any game uses it.

Lol I had no idea. Googling it, it sounds like it's different from what's in a Dualsense. I guess Series controllers can have some sort of rumble/vibration in the triggers? But they can't add tension to a trigger pull, which is what Dualsense does.