Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

fsif posted:

Also pretty funny that Brady didn't want to play anymore with AB out and Godwin a free agent.

Gronk probably wants to retire again for good which might also have contributed to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Feel sorry for all those Bucs fans who have to decide which team to root for now

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

It's as if thousands of bucs fans cried out in pain, and then suddenly vanished.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

LightReaper posted:

It's as if thousands of bucs fans cried out in pain, and then suddenly vanished.

Just slide over to the Lightning, they're pretty good

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Bucs fans will just return to Patriots or Chiefs fandom

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

If you think I’m going to be less annoying now you all have another thing coming.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Can't believe Tom Brady is retiring in his prime while also being the oldest player in the league by like 4 years.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

looks like brady has decided to let the air out of his balls one last time

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If you think I’m going to be less annoying now you all have another thing coming.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

Can't believe Tom Brady is retiring in his prime while also being the oldest player in the league by like 4 years.

Can the writers change their season MVP votes to Brady? Because gently caress Rodgers first of all and second it’s warranted.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

still thinking, "unbelievable," about that white hot herbie

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I somehow forgot there wasn't a game today and was kinda sad. Now I'm loving ecstatic.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Colinsworth might as well retire too

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can the writers change their season MVP votes to Brady? Because gently caress Rodgers first of all and second it’s warranted.

Rodgers:

https://twitter.com/NBCS49ers/status/1485073486158598148

Brady:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1485388150545559552

The choice is clear

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Cavauro posted:

still thinking, "unbelievable," about that white hot herbie

agreed. what luck, much persistence. white hot herbie.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

MJeff posted:

*leans in real close*

Matt Stafford retired Tom Brady.

The king is dead! Long live the king!

But seriously though, Tom left his mark on football history, and left us with so many unforgettable moments, like losing to Eli Manning in the Super Bowl and losing to Eli Manning in the Super Bowl again. I can't think of any others off the top of my head right now

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

gently caress 'em both, give the award to Kupp.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

big smoke on qbs in the super bowl: i'll have two numba nines

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

tinstaach posted:

The king is dead! Long live the king!

But seriously though, Tom left his mark on football history, and left us with so many unforgettable moments, like losing to Eli Manning in the Super Bowl and losing to Eli Manning in the Super Bowl again. I can't think of any others off the top of my head right now

Dropping a pass in a Super Bowl and then watching Nick Foles catch one for a touchdown was pretty cool!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

fartknocker posted:

gently caress 'em both, give the award to Kupp.

I’d take that too.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Tom Brady retire bitch

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He was great but bye bitch.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
loving FINALLY

Brady was the most successful quarterback of all time, the most clutch quarterback of all time, and probably the best captain/leader in football of all time. Obviously the current majority opinion is that, taking all of these factors together, he's the GOAT for professional football.

I think that's probably true, but I also think he was the luckiest player of all time, he benefitted from partnering with a top-three all-time coach, and he benefitted from cheating. I also don't think he was the best all-time in most specific QB skills; he was just very well-rounded and very lucky.

Enjoy your retirement and please stay the gently caress away from my television for at least a decade, Brady.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

HoF voters need to keep Eli from getting in to the Hall for two years so they go in together.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

surf rock posted:

loving FINALLY

Brady was the most successful quarterback of all time, the most clutch quarterback of all time, and probably the best captain/leader in football of all time. Obviously the current majority opinion is that, taking all of these factors together, he's the GOAT for professional football.

I think that's probably true, but I also think he was the luckiest player of all time, he benefitted from partnering with a top-three all-time coach, and he benefitted from cheating. I also don't think he was the best all-time in most specific QB skills; he was just very well-rounded and very lucky.

Enjoy your retirement and please stay the gently caress away from my television for at least a decade, Brady.

Joe Montana was always better than Brady. If Brady had played in the 80s he would've died on the field.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

oh thank god, i can enjoy football again

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Joe Montana was always better than Brady. If Brady had played in the 80s he would've died on the field.

yes, let's see if brady could've survived those giants defenses

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Matt Stafford killed Tom Br*dy once and for all and we all saw it happen live on TV.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

If Brady had won 4 Super Bowls and retired at the age of like 37 then yeah Montana would probably deserve the edge if you want to try and compare things relative to their eras. But come on, 7 titles (and 3 more appearances) and retiring at 44? Yeah that doesn’t happen in the 80s fine but it’s absolutely nuts and no contemporary of Brady across three decades has done anything remotely close to it.

Also both were denied two additional Super Bowl titles by the New York Giants so they’re kind of kindred spirits too.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD

WHICH OLDE WITCH?

TOM BRADY BITCH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH IVE WAITED FOR THIS DAY FOR DECADES

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Vertical Lime posted:

yes, let's see if brady could've survived those giants defenses

Alternately, imagine what kind of insane numbers Montana would've put up in the league in Brady's place.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Brady's horcrux was in his lip and Von Miller found it

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Now that we have Brady's full career, who are the quarterbacks who can legitimately be considered in the GOAT conversation?

I would say that Peyton is somewhere in there and was better at some technical elements of the position than Brady, but that he clearly loses the comparison.

I don't consider rings a QB stat, but Marino not hitting the pinnacle at least once also prevents him from winning the comparison.

Are the only legitimate contenders at this point Montana and maybe Unitas?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Alternately, imagine what kind of insane numbers Montana would've put up in the league in Brady's place.

I am glad you agree Montana was better than Steve Young the Usurper

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The NFC South quarterback situation is going to be amazing next year. I hope the Bucs can't sign or trade for anyone and have to go with Gabbert or whoever they can draft.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

surf rock posted:

Now that we have Brady's full career, who are the quarterbacks who can legitimately be considered in the GOAT conversation?

I would say that Peyton is somewhere in there and was better at some technical elements of the position than Brady, but that he clearly loses the comparison.

I don't consider wins/rings a QB stat, but Marino not hitting the pinnacle at least once also prevents him from winning the comparison.

Are the only legitimate contenders at this point Montana and maybe Unitas?

No one. It's Brady and no one else is close.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Or maybe the game moves a bit too fast for him and he doesn’t keep up the same way. Who knows.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

The NFC South quarterback situation is going to be amazing next year. I hope the Bucs can't sign or trade for anyone and have to go with Gabbert or whoever they can draft.

Matt Ryan is still just chugging along

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Huh

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1487524265658306566

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Huh

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1487525930180431875

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

no more Brady allahu ackbar