Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

who will pats fans root for now though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Or maybe the game moves a bit too fast for him and he doesn’t keep up the same way. Who knows.

That's always possible. Nevertheless, while I respect your arguments, I choose to be a massive, obnoxious Niners homer about this and will not be persuaded otherwise.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

also i love how this news is breaking while boston is knee deep in snow

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

handsome jimmy

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That's always possible. Nevertheless, while I respect your arguments, I choose to be a massive, obnoxious Niners homer about this and will not be persuaded otherwise.

I can forever respect this.

Anyway

https://twitter.com/byDavidGardner/status/1487521823667462151

lol he walked out for a pack of smokes and is going back to his old family

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Can't believe White Hot Herbie finally dropped.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

surf rock posted:

Now that we have Brady's full career, who are the quarterbacks who can legitimately be considered in the GOAT conversation?

I would say that Peyton is somewhere in there and was better at some technical elements of the position than Brady, but that he clearly loses the comparison.

I don't consider rings a QB stat, but Marino not hitting the pinnacle at least once also prevents him from winning the comparison.

Are the only legitimate contenders at this point Montana and maybe Unitas?

I held out as long as I could saying Peyton was the GOAT/better than Brady but it's not even a conversation at this point. I very firmly believe Peyton is #2 because of the football IQ. He drastically altered the way QB was played, particularly pre-snap. He was like designing plays at the line.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

no, more Brady! allahu ackbar!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

a neat cape posted:

handsome jimmy

I don't know where Jimmy ending up after this season would make me laugh the hardest. Assuming he doesn't pull off a Super Bowl win and get re-signed by the Niners that is.

Actually it would still be really funny if he stayed on the Niners, now that I think of it.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

surf rock posted:

Now that we have Brady's full career, who are the quarterbacks who can legitimately be considered in the GOAT conversation?

I would say that Peyton is somewhere in there and was better at some technical elements of the position than Brady, but that he clearly loses the comparison.

I don't consider rings a QB stat, but Marino not hitting the pinnacle at least once also prevents him from winning the comparison.

I'm making GBS threads on Brady in this thread and others, but in all seriousness, c'mon dude. It's Brady by lightyears, and I doubt we'll probably live to see anyone outpace him.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

surf rock posted:

You need to include Bart Starr in the conversation. 9-1 in the playoffs (Brady 35-12), 5:1 TD/INT ratio in the playoffs (Brady 2.2:1), 104.8 playoff passer rating (Brady 90.4). Five championships, two and three consecutive. And he played in an era that was far and away less passer-friendly than the 21st century.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I don't know where Jimmy ending up after this season would make me laugh the hardest. Assuming he doesn't pull off a Super Bowl win and get re-signed by the Niners that is.

Actually it would still be really funny if he stayed on the Niners, now that I think of it.

Jimmy gonna win his 3rd ring this year keep the faith.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

You need to include Bart Starr in the conversation. 9-1 in the playoffs (Brady 35-12), 5:1 TD/INT ratio in the playoffs (Brady 2.2:1), 104.8 playoff passer rating (Brady 90.4). Five championships, two and three consecutive. And he played in an era that was far and away less passer-friendly than the 21st century.

If we’re gonna be pants on head stupid than it’s Otto Graham who won 7 championships in 8 years or whatever crazy stat. But both Starr and Graham played in like a 10-12 team league when most players needed second jobs.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

MakaVillian posted:

Hey guys I'm going to play until I'm like 50 because football is easy

*doesn't get a flag and loses to Matt Stafford*

Oh well, time to pack it in

It’s true, it’s all true

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Brady will be sort of the opposite of Bill Russell(or in football, maybe someone like Elway) in that the only reason to not think he's the best is having watched him actually play. When everyone who saw him is dead and all that's left is his PFR page, everyone will think he's the best unless something radically changes about how the game is played

Sadly, we will live the rest of our lives in a world where esteem for Brady only increases

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

congrats to aaron Rodgers for becoming hands down the biggest poo poo head QB in the NFL

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

R.D. Mangles posted:

congrats to aaron Rodgers for becoming hands down the biggest poo poo head QB in the NFL

But if he retires, who becomes the biggest poo poo head without Ben, Brady, or Aaron?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pungry posted:

But if he retires, who becomes the biggest poo poo head without Ben, Brady, or Aaron?

Might revert back to Aikman, honestly.
He's not IN the NFL, but he's still involved.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Pungry posted:

probably Watson, you know fish in barrels and all that.

Failing that, Wilson's got that whole Rodgers-esque barely contained actual personality that's likely a nightmare, or probably like Wentz.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Pungry posted:

I mean, it’s gonna be Watson even if Ben was still gonna keep playing honestly.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Patrick Mahomes is the GOAT.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
1) it will be very funny to me if it turns out he is not retiring

2) whether or not he is retiring, I think it is very cool we got to see the GOAT in our lifetimes, a Russell-type domination, whose legend in that respect will only grow with time, as his haters age and die and Tom lives forever :unsmith:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

TheBizzness posted:

Patrick Mahomes is the GOAT.

Brady and his band of friends personally blocked him from two rings and won them instead.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Petey posted:

1) it will be very funny to me if it turns out he is not retiring

2) whether or not he is retiring, I think it is very cool we got to see the GOAT in our lifetimes, a Russell-type domination, whose legend in that respect will only grow with time, as his haters age and die and Tom lives forever :unsmith:

:yeah:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

surf rock posted:

Montana, Peyton, and Marino were all vastly superior nfl QBs.

Brady had the good fortune to be with the best and cheatingest coach for the majority of his career. When Brady left NE he went to the team with by far the most supporting roster talent, on O and on D, and still couldn’t win the NFC S.

Brady was a good QB but his most valuable trait was being lucky as gently caress. He throws numerous picks in the 2020 NFC Champ game and it doesn’t matter. He faces the chiefs in the SB when all the chiefs are injured or have career-worst performances.

I loving hate how lucky Brady was.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Brady and his band of friends personally blocked him from two rings and won them instead.

I like that you call Refs Brady’s band of friends. Quite accurate.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Pungry posted:

Watson

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
There’s no way Rodgers hangs it up now because his ego won’t allow him to not get all the press.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

joe football posted:

Brady will be sort of the opposite of Bill Russell(or in football, maybe someone like Elway) in that the only reason to not think he's the best is having watched him actually play. When everyone who saw him is dead and all that's left is his PFR page, everyone will think he's the best unless something radically changes about how the game is played

Sadly, we will live the rest of our lives in a world where esteem for Brady only increases

It’s disgusting and true.

Every season that my team doesn’t win it all, I will be rooting for Mahomes and the chiefs because somebody needs to win more than Brady for the history books.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/1487530982978772992

Curran is the local Pats guy who is personal friends with Brady’s dad for context.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Petey posted:

yeah it'll be fun to think about which season sweep of the Jets was most impressive, or which of his game winning 20 yard drives to get into field goal range the most memorable.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Montana, Peyton, and Marino were all vastly superior nfl QBs.

Brady had the good fortune to be with the best and cheatingest coach for the majority of his career. When Brady left NE he went to the team with by far the most supporting roster talent, on O and on D, and still couldn’t win the NFC S.

Brady was a good QB but his most valuable trait was being lucky as gently caress. He throws numerous picks in the 2020 NFC Champ game and it doesn’t matter. He faces the chiefs in the SB when all the chiefs are injured or have career-worst performances.

I loving hate how lucky Brady was.

loving lmao

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The gently caress is even happening

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/1487531223433965568

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Jimmy gonna win his 3rd ring this year keep the faith.

Like I said, if Jimmy stays on the Niners for whatever reason that's really funny. Especially if he wins a ring.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Brady's true colors once again coming through.
Wishy-washy, waiting to take advantage of whatever opportunity best suits him.

You can never trust him on anything. It's frankly unbelievable, but at the same time totally in-character for who we know him to be and always have been. Just a disgusting act.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/1487533416463622147

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

he wanted to be the one to break it and not A Darn Schefter lmao

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Schefty jumped the gun again lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tom Brady misses the conference championship game and immediately plots a way to make sure the weekend is still about him.