Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

The absolute WORST ska band you will ever see live

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

2 separate times I lost entire runs on the escape sequence, but I managed to finish it. I am not doing the no continue trophy, I'm not even sure I can with how much I died to the last boss.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Plebian Parasite posted:

2 separate times I lost entire runs on the escape sequence, but I managed to finish it. I am not doing the no continue trophy, I'm not even sure I can with how much I died to the last boss.

nice dude

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Made it to the last boss. Am very NOT MAD right now.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

thanks, I think you're right, game deserves about a 5/10. I really liked portions of it but the last boss is some incredible bullshit and losing 40 minutes a pop of playtime because the last boss enters its fourth form and just deletes you because you have no idea what to expect made me want to throw my laptop into a lake.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Plebian Parasite posted:

thanks, I think you're right, game deserves about a 5/10. I really liked portions of it but the last boss is some incredible bullshit and losing 40 minutes a pop of playtime because the last boss enters its fourth form and just deletes you because you have no idea what to expect made me want to throw my laptop into a lake.

lmao that happened to me like... 3 times?? I ended up watching a youtube so I knew what was coming , but I learned the hard way before that

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

playing lovely old snes shmups and slowly becoming lylepilled

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Plebian Parasite posted:

playing lovely old snes shmups and slowly becoming lylepilled

lylepilled at this point is just Lipitor

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I’ve reached the escape sequence 4 times now but haven’t gotten through it yet. feel like it’s within reach though

1cc is never gonna happen lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

after the first stage the rest of them seem pretty easy by comparison. the side scrollers are a lot more fun. entering stage 5 now with 1 continue left, probably going to bite it here but im confident if i can get through stage 1, 2-4 is cake.

the bosses in this game are all super weak, the stage 3 boss was the only one that i didnt beat first try. it feels like if you have the right weapon available you just blast it apart (stage 4 with cluster bombs, stage 3 with ground missiles)

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

mbt posted:

after the first stage the rest of them seem pretty easy by comparison. the side scrollers are a lot more fun. entering stage 5 now with 1 continue left, probably going to bite it here but im confident if i can get through stage 1, 2-4 is cake.

the bosses in this game are all super weak, the stage 3 boss was the only one that i didnt beat first try. it feels like if you have the right weapon available you just blast it apart (stage 4 with cluster bombs, stage 3 with ground missiles)

good luck at 5 and 6 lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

good luck at 5 and 6 lol

5 sucks. i despise shmups with enemies whose sole job is to collide with you. why even have the life system with weapon damage if youre gonna fill the place with falling rocks as well

the morning star weapon is so good though. i wish i had that earlier

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

this game is garbage and playing it feels like poo poo. its even WORSE than most snes shumps thanks to the ugly mode seven stages and the insane slowdown, feels worse than gradius 3 even.

i'm going to play air zonk instead to forget the 20 minutes i played of Alexhey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8bm3-bxVDQ

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Made it to stage 6 with three lives and no continues used. The problem is actually beating stage 6

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

mysterious loyall X posted:

this game is garbage and playing it feels like poo poo. its even WORSE than most snes shumps thanks to the ugly mode seven stages and the insane slowdown, feels worse than gradius 3 even.

i'm going to play air zonk instead to forget the 20 minutes i played of Alexhey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8bm3-bxVDQ

The slowdown is cinematic and lets you dodge projectiles easier. Like Viewtiful Joe

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

gently caress

GOD
ASDASDFASHIOPSDGHIPASG

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Joan posted:

gently caress

GOD
ASDASDFASHIOPSDGHIPASG

this is your fault

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

beat it on easy. give me the trophy. gently caress you joan

had to wipe my memory of this by playing raptor

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Finally made it, just barely. lost track of how many attempts that was

tried out hard mode at one point out of curiosity, and yeah that ain’t happening lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Sub-Actuality posted:

Finally made it, just barely. lost track of how many attempts that was

tried out hard mode at one point out of curiosity, and yeah that ain’t happening lol

hell yes, nice dude. Also, agreed about hard mode lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I never want to see a green bubble again

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Looks fun. Excited to bang this out in a couple hours on Tuesday night.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

Looks fun. Excited to bang this out in a couple hours on Tuesday night.

This.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like that Joan picked a shmup after looking at their clear time on How Long to Beat lol. Nice troll

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i slept all day isntead of playing this

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

More I play this the less I care for it. The vertical levels are an impressive technical gimmick but half baked gameplay wise. The horizontal ones are better but basically just equal to any other average SNES shmup.

I never die and think "oh poo poo that was an intense bullet pattern, almost made it though" it's always bumping into something I thought was part of the background or lame feeling stuff like that.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
BBG lifts up the sign outside the door to reveal that the Imp Zone Game Club was the Imp Zone Suicide Pact all along.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

In Training posted:

I like that Joan picked a shmup after looking at their clear time on How Long to Beat lol. Nice troll
yeah, what is that?
why are the shmup times on that website so hosed up?

Blazing Lazers is listed as 2 hours, and it definitely actually takes 27 years

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
dont trust times on howlongtobeat for arcade games

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i dont really feel like playing this or anything today

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Arrhythmia posted:

BBG lifts up the sign outside the door to reveal that the Imp Zone Game Club was the Imp Zone Suicide Pact all along.

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

dont trust times on howlongtobeat for arcade games

this isn't an arcade game its a bad console exclusive :c00l:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
same thing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cubone posted:

yeah, what is that?
why are the shmup times on that website so hosed up?

Blazing Lazers is listed as 2 hours, and it definitely actually takes 27 years

theyre usually indicating the length of like, a 1CC but even that's usually wrong. it's all self reported so you'd have to ask the 89 people who logged their Axelay playtime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ive been playing this game on and off for like 20 something years and its too long for what it is and it isnt good enough for me to want to push through which is why ive never finished it in the past either lol. i think its going to sit forever in the dnf pile because i thought this thread would finally have me push through and complete it and i just dont want to