Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Hi

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Is it me you're looking for?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Brad Shepard an ugly cracker from Virginia. And not even the fun parts where the mining runoff makes you all melty. He's from the parts where the euros staked themselves to the ground for God to end them and He ignored their pleas.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Orange Carlisle posted:

Probably shouldnt have used a picture where danhausen's makeup looks near perfect and is so detailed if you're trying to slam him

that's a nice face paint job

The shittier his paint is the better it fits the character though

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Looks like Brad Shepard is no longer verified.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Vincels now making up their headlines to complain about AEW

https://twitter.com/WrestleCringe/status/1487205880424763401?s=20&t=Z6NKLjyQd4Yix2NwJ2HrLQ

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
'It doesn't matter if it's fake, the point still stands"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

My favorite is the names being in quotes and spelling Cargill incorrectly

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ganso Bomb posted:

My favorite is the names being in quotes and spelling Cargill incorrectly

And not capitalizing Baker.

Britt is a dentist, not a baker. :colbert:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/WrestleCringe/status/1487102805890707456

https://twitter.com/DJVicMontana/status/1487140574796910594

https://twitter.com/DJVicMontana/status/1487216787292831748

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Lol you can literally see Ruby in backstage stuff constantly smiling ear to ear and super excited with everyone she's with

She's like the most visually happy person in the company after TK who is off the rails anyway

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

yeah they really showed their cards right off with that choice lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/ForAllGreerkind/status/1487218851624501249

It's ok to admit most people didn't like the show. It doesn't mean they are anti-Avril Lavigne and Blink 182 to say they had a bad show.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

Lol you can literally see Ruby in backstage stuff constantly smiling ear to ear and super excited with everyone she's with

She's like the most visually happy person in the company after TK who is off the rails anyway

Pretty sure TK's on plenty of rails.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/5Deuce4Tre7/status/1487264874728153090

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
He isn't? OK. How you know?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

that's worth at least a baby bell wheel

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Andrade isn't being pushed hard on TV constantly, but I have to wonder how much he honestly gives a poo poo. He's having fun, doing good character stuff, taking less bumps, spending more time at home, making AEW money. It's not like he's getting jobbed out. I'd like to see Andrade have a title match against the Hangman, that fight would rule.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He probably cares somewhat considering the whole reason he asked for his release from WWE was because they weren't doing poo poo with him, but I'd bet things like encouraging him to cut promos on his own and still giving him things to do even if he isn't being massively pushed means he's probably satisfied on the whole.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Andrade is about to take over the entire HFO so that Matt can drop the Big Money gimmick and team back up with his brother once Jeff's 90 days are up. Plus he's working a storyline with one of AEW's four pillars and with Sting.

I think he's probably okay with things for now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Andrade's very well protected and has so far worked programs with PAC, Cody and Darby. He might not get as much screentime as he maybe should but he's very clearly treated as a major deal

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Andrade quit WWE because they wouldn't let him perform in a way he was passionate about. And what he is passionate about is buying children from real estate magnates.

Also the GCW punk rock guy had a very funny end to his meltdown

https://twitter.com/ForAllGreerkind/status/1487300397341585410

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
trust the process, let it play out, in the history of the drat sport

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

MassRafTer posted:

https://twitter.com/ForAllGreerkind/status/1487218851624501249

It's ok to admit most people didn't like the show. It doesn't mean they are anti-Avril Lavigne and Blink 182 to say they had a bad show.
"This rock critic saying the new Warped Tour wasn't very good is just like the rock critics who turned up their nose at the original Warped Tour and also poo poo all over the Clash, except this rock critic also covered music back then and is on record as enjoying the Clash and the original Warped Tour, but it's clear he just fears and hates punk rock."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

LISTEN, YOU'VE GOT TO HAVE SOME BAD TITLE REIGNS.

https://twitter.com/DaMan39532344/status/1487309760156286977?s=20&t=t1rVBaL61k71aasvg1cJnw

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
That guy is right but not the way he means. Mysterio, Eddie, Foley and I assume Jeff Hardy, had some ugly rear end world title reigns. This was not a good thing like he thinks.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Foley's 3 title reigns combine to 47 days total, and it was all about building up The Rock and Triple H as heels (and in all honesty, his 3rd reign probably didn't need to happen at that point)*.

Eddie's reign was cut short due to backstage issues and ended up being about putting over JBL as a cowardly heel champion.

Jeff Hardy did win the title but did gently caress-all with it other than lose it to Edge, who lost it to HHH to build towards the WM25 main event that sucked a gently caress.

The most apt comparison would be Mysterio's first WHC reign back in 2006, where he lost pretty much every single match he had, including getting squashed by The Great Khali. There was also that time when Mark Henry came out to talk mess about Eddie and Mysterio and Chavo were like "could you not?" so he beat them both up. He couldn't even beat Sabu at One Night Stand, a guy what the WWE comprehensively gave no fucks about.

*My retroactive fantasy booking for Foley is that he beats HHH at No Way Out in 2000, making the main event at Mania a triple threat elimination match between Cactus Jack, HHH and Rock, with Foley being eliminated first.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
HHH v Cactus in the Cell should have headlined WrestleMania :colbert:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Edge & Christian posted:

"This rock critic saying the new Warped Tour wasn't very good is just like the rock critics who turned up their nose at the original Warped Tour and also poo poo all over the Clash, except this rock critic also covered music back then and is on record as enjoying the Clash and the original Warped Tour, but it's clear he just fears and hates punk rock."

Some GCW die hards really want to simultaneously claim its revolutionary and new while also being ECW (right down to the bad matches that get glossed over by shock value). And before GCW there was the CZW and XPW era.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Rey Mysterio's only WWE title reign lasted iirc one hundred and six minutes

truly a great champion

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

edogawa rando posted:

The most apt comparison would be Mysterio's first WHC reign back in 2006, where he lost pretty much every single match he had, including getting squashed by The Great Khali. There was also that time when Mark Henry came out to talk mess about Eddie and Mysterio and Chavo were like "could you not?" so he beat them both up. He couldn't even beat Sabu at One Night Stand, a guy what the WWE comprehensively gave no fucks about.

Man that Rey Mysterio Showcase Mode in 2k22 is gonna be fun, huh

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Rey Mysterio is probably one of the reasons why professional wrestling looks like it does in 2022 and a massive part of the reason small guys got into the business when they previously thought they couldn't.

But he's the worst world champion of all time.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Venomous posted:

truly a great champion
If we expand "title reign" to all of the myriad "world titles" WWE has cycled in and out in the past twenty years, he had three:

#1 2006 ("World Heavyweight Championsip") - 112 days, the one everyone complains about the most
- Rey has a #1 contendership match against Mark Henry an loses. Mark Henry easily beats him in their rematch.
- Rey wins the Royal Rumble, dedicating it to the late Eddie Guerrero
- Rey puts up his Wrestlemania title shot on the line in a match against Randy Orton and loses
- He gets inserted into the WM title match as a result of losing singles matches to Finlay and world champion Kurt Angle
- Rey wins the title in a three-way where he finally pins (the other challenger) Randy Orton to win the belt
- Rey beats Randy Orton in a rematch, and then spends the next month losing clean/having non-contest matches against Kurt Angle, Mark Henry, Kane, and the Great Khali to build up to his successful defense against JBL
- After his first successful title defense, he loses/no-contests against Kurt Angle again, Finlay again, RVD, Sabu, and Mark Henry again, but gets non-title wins over Gregory Helms and William Regal
- He loses the belt to King Booker and enters into a forever-feud with Chavo Guerrero

#2 2010 ("World Heavyweight Champion") - 28 days, the one I think most people forget
- Rey wins a fatal four-way against champion Jack Swagger, Big Show, and CM Punk when Kane comes out to try to put CM Punk into a casket because he thinks Punk put Undertaker into a coma and Rey capitalizes on the distraction
- Rey's first and only title defense is a rematch against Jack Swagger, which he wins but gets beat up by Swagger afterwards. Kane comes down to beat up Swagger, drags Swagger to the back, then returns to the ring and cashes in on Rey
- This was then revealed to be part of Kane's long con plan to put his brother Undertaker into a coma and then beat everyone up accusing them of doing it until he was able to win the MITB contract and cash it in, then reveal his cunning ruse

#3 2011 ("WWE Champion") - around two hours, the other one everyone complains about
- Rey wins a tournament to crown the new WWE champion after CM Punk "walks out". Immediately upon winning it, John Cena asks for a title match later that episode of Raw, which Cena wins cleanly

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Venomous posted:

truly a great champion

I honestly feel bad for him and how he was booked that night, and how he ended up being an unintended victim of the WWE botching the Summer of Punk: WWE Edition. I'd say "how do you gently caress that up?" but, like... WWE.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Rey Mysterio is probably one of the reasons why professional wrestling looks like it does in 2022 and a massive part of the reason small guys got into the business when they previously thought they couldn't.

But he's the worst world champion of all time.

Excuse me, you'll find that King, he's "The" "Greatest" "Underdog" "Champion" "Of" "All" "Time," King.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I’m pretty sure they also just stopped referring to the WHC as the WHC when Rey held it on that first reign. Like he was just World Champion Rey Mysterio, because you see, he’s too small to be a heavyweight.

And then the moment Booker won the belt it became the WHC again.

I struggle to remember if the Cruiserweight belt existed on any level more than a joke at the time.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

tbh I specifically meant the WWE Championship, but lmao, wasn't aware that his other two world title runs were so particularly awful

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The end of his second run actually got me back into watching wrestling again after a few years off, I heard on a podcast that Kane won MITB and cashed in on Rey the same night and decided I wanted to see that.

I then immediately stopped watching WWE again because it was poo poo and stuck to the indies/Japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

betteridge's law of headlines