Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

kayakyakr posted:

TTU @ KU tonight. Expect KU to get revenge on Tech's home win, but if the defense shows and Shannon stays hot, it could be a tight one.

Tech is one of the most intriguing teams in the Big XII to me this year, a team that can beat anyone but doesn't, though I'm more nervous about the first part than the second. It's wild to me that this program loses Chris Beard and is still this dangerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Probably Magic posted:

Tech is one of the most intriguing teams in the Big XII to me this year, a team that can beat anyone but doesn't, though I'm more nervous about the first part than the second. It's wild to me that this program loses Chris Beard and is still this dangerous.

What a game! I can't be mad at a double OT thriller.

OT 2 was rough on the fan, ref-wise. So many tight, 50/50 and it seemed like just about anything that was reviewable went in Tech's favor, and anything that was not went in KU's favor.

That 3 point shot to take us to OT2 was killer. Prayer ball, but y'all got it to your guy with a bit of space. Wish Shannon had taken the ball inside. And there you have your answer why Tech can beat anyone, but sometimes will fail to show up - Shannon is "the guy" but he can sometimes get into the mode of playing hero ball. If he's hot, the team will roll. If he's cold, he'll waste a lot of possessions.

Also, this is what we were telling people when we hired Adams after Beard left: Beard might have been the "face" of the program, but Adams was the brains. Recruiting and fan outreach will be his weak spot, he's quiet and not comfortable in the spotlight, but if he can keep up the results, the rest will take care of itself. And all UT got was the idea of the defense and a lovely motion offense.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Reports that Chris Mack is out at Louisville. They are so bad this year, and he really hasn't recruited all that well. Fans have been wanting this for a while.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Cancer's not awesome baybee

https://twitter.com/nbcwashington/status/1485996995697336330

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Now that the NCAA is streamlining rules, will teams be able to play exhibitions against the Harlem Globetrotters again?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hopefully he's okay so I can be happy about not having to listen to him

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
VT is not very good and desperately misses last-minute transfer Tyrece Radford; dude's rebounding and driving was huge for us the last few years and our guard and wing play is not good. That said we're playing Miami in a minute in Blacksburg and will probably be crushed.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Sometimes you lose on a half court buzzer beater 3.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
VT has gotten hosed just about every way possible this season, probably this ends with them winning the ACCT.

Miami meanwhile is having a charmed season.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Not looking forward to Purdue at Iowa tomorrow

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao at northwestern basketball

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao at northwestern basketball

The Michigan/Northwestern game last night was a clusterfuck abortion.

https://twitter.com/umhoops/status/1486518803781636096?t=o0c9ApVi7hEmV5NVPOAKTA&s=19

I'm somewhat shocked Michigan won at the end (BOTH centers fouled out), but the referees didn't let those teams play at all. Couldn't fault northwestern OR Michigan if they lost that one, there were so many whistles the pacing was like a football game.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

This was the ISU-OSU game last night. No one led by more than 4, and there were 30 lead changes. Insane and bad for my heart.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Can't imagine there's anything coming of those Pearl/Louisville talks except stuff like this so yeah go nuts
https://twitter.com/BennettDurando/status/1486741165554741248

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
So many coaches are about to get raises off the back of this Louisville search, be interesting to see who they actually get in for interviews.

The SEC guy I'd actually put a call into is Nate Oats.

elentar fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 27, 2022

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I just wanna say lol at the Florida player who tried to fight a fan that was doing the chomp at him

e: saw some balled up fists in the video what does Penny think of all this

https://twitter.com/KarthikV_/status/1486511649112698883?s=20&t=67nLSs5p_EDEv5_7jAdXiw

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 27, 2022

Internet Savant
Feb 14, 2008
20% Off Coupon for 15 dollars per month - sign me up!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I just wanna say lol at the Florida player who tried to fight a fan that was doing the chomp at him

e: saw some balled up fists in the video what does Penny think of all this

https://twitter.com/KarthikV_/status/1486511649112698883?s=20&t=67nLSs5p_EDEv5_7jAdXiw

Penny says you gotta come hard if you are going to make fists

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Tuesday, UT comes to Lubbock. Might be one of the most hostile environments ever put together. The USA gets loud when the fans are fired up, and it will be packed to the gills. Holds 15k people, and I'm guessing they fit extra.

Wild to say that with Covid still a thing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kansas / Kentucky tomorrow

UK leads KU in the all time wins list by four three actually. It's the #1 line on The List

kiimo fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 29, 2022

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

kiimo posted:

Kansas / Kentucky tomorrow

UK leads KU in the all time wins list by 4. It's the #1 line on The List

UK could be without 3 players, 2 of them key contributors. I'm not optimistic about tomorrow.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

As a Kansas fan who grew up in Kentucky, I have Opinions about this game.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Oh yes
https://twitter.com/AGreeneIV/status/1487224332703174656
Those are going to be some big numbers

E: also, Auburn women scored their first SEC win under new coach Johnnie Harris with a 10-point win over #4 Tennessee. Record isn't great yet but she's clearly turning things around fast.

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jan 29, 2022

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/wesrucker247/status/1487190226464346113?s=20&t=yRWtOFpEEWu4CoCh4iX4Mw

Lol I love Zakai

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Bruce's new contract is 8 years, $5.4m to start with a $250K raise each year. 4th highest paid coach now. Will turn 70 in March of the final year.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Sometimes VT goes loving nuts and shoots 18/25 from 3 to win at FSU. *shrugs*

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

UK could be without 3 players, 2 of them key contributors. I'm not optimistic about tomorrow.

yes, but have you considered ~ewing theory~

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Rutgers barely beat Nebraska by the skin of their teeth lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern is going to lose to nebraska

collins is cooked.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Double posting about Zakai but how can you not love this guys game

https://twitter.com/Vol_Hoops/statu...04%2Fframe.html

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
About time Purdue has a comfortable game.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Poque posted:

About time Purdue has a comfortable game.

Yes, but since nothing can go smoothly they were stuck in Minneapolis Wednesday night, made it to Indy Thursday where they were stuck again, should be back on campus today. All this just in time for a brutal stretch because of the Michigan re-schedule:

Michigan tomorrow 2/5
Illinois Tuesday 2/8
@Michigan Thursday 2/10
Maryland Sunday 2/13
@Northwestern Wednesday 2/16
Rutgers Sunday 2/20

From there they do get nearly a full week off before going to Michigan State, so that's nice, but 3 in 5 and 6 in 15 is rough.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

PotatoJudge posted:

Yes, but since nothing can go smoothly they were stuck in Minneapolis Wednesday night, made it to Indy Thursday where they were stuck again, should be back on campus today. All this just in time for a brutal stretch because of the Michigan re-schedule:

It is literally impossible for Purdue to leave the Barn without some kind of disaster happening.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Cyclones got whooped by Texas. I think they keep running out of gas in the second half.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Yates posted:

Everybody may not like it but the best player in college basketball plays for Wisconsin. His name is Brad Davison. Just kidding his name is Johnny Davis. Seriously, I know it's Wisconsin and blah, blah, blah, but tune in and watch Davis play. Him and Chucky Hepburn's hair make the games fun.

This guy is a loving idiot. Never watch Badger basketball.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I wish the rest of the Pac was better because all of the matchups between the top 4 (USC/UCLA/Arizona/Oregon) have been great.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the only way out of this for nebraska basketball is to hire jim boylen.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Caitlin Clark of Iowa is averaging 26.5 / 8.5 / 8.1 per game as a sophomore for Iowa. She's lost her touch from 3 after shooting 40% last year she's 28% this year. In a losing effort at Michigan tonight she went off for 46 points and 10 assists. Just unreal production.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

PotatoJudge posted:

Caitlin Clark of Iowa is averaging 26.5 / 8.5 / 8.1 per game as a sophomore for Iowa. She's lost her touch from 3 after shooting 40% last year she's 28% this year. In a losing effort at Michigan tonight she went off for 46 points and 10 assists. Just unreal production.

I need to watch some of her highlights.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kibner posted:

I need to watch some of her highlights.

Good news:
https://twitter.com/BenDiamond14/status/1490522144714936321?t=anq3mXJ3TJqZoE95DVPv9Q&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Kentucky
:snoop: