Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

Most likely they just get bored and cold and go home.

:canada: as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Mods rename thread to ANAL FIRST please

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

linoleum floors posted:

It seems like they're just trashing the city. Getting drunk pooping everywhere and making noise. What's going to happen tonight? Do they have food and what if they run out of gas idlong and can't fill up because of the gridlock? And what the gently caress is the endgame here? Seems like this is going to get out of hand

Byward McDonald’s is gonna be poppin tn

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

CLAM DOWN posted:

Mods rename thread to ANAL FIRST please

C-SPAM > [Canada] ANAL FIRST

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
eventually everyone is just going to have to get up and go home, nothing they want is going to happen so i don’t really understand what the end game is other then violence or giving up

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DariusLikewise posted:

eventually everyone is just going to have to get up and go home, nothing they want is going to happen so i don’t really understand what the end game is other then violence or giving up

i hope this is canadas tiananmen square incident

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Just tuned into the YouTube livestream to see the progress our provisional government is making. I’d go crazy if I lived there and had to listen to all that honking. Imagine caring for a newborn with that right now.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Rutibex posted:

Probably will be too, I doubt the cops are going to crack any skulls.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

The absolute most extreme thing I see coming from this is a smaller version of the Vancouver hockey riots where they get drunk and cause some property damage then go home and maybe get arrested later if the narrative turns against them and the police hand is forced.

Most likely they just get bored and cold and go home.

It's -13 right now (-22 with windchill) which is doable if you've got the right gear, but it will still wear you down as the hours pass. Which I guess is why they went to the mall.

But there is a severe weather warning overnight.

Nothing makes -30 okay. Anybody who was planning on sleeping in their car (or can't get a hotel room because they refuse to wear a mask to the registration desk) is at serious hypothermia risk.

Never invade Ottawa in winter.

Facebook Aunt has issued a correction as of 01:11 on Jan 30, 2022

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

similar amount of anti-Black racism among both groups of protestors

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

The absolute most extreme thing I see coming from this is a smaller version of the Vancouver hockey riots

so the most enduring image will be two truckers making out with police lights in the background?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

mediaphage posted:

C-SPAM > [Canada] ANAL FIRST

lmao

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

:mmmhmm:

ty

a good mod

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

linoleum floors posted:

It seems like they're just trashing the city. Getting drunk pooping everywhere and making noise. What's going to happen tonight? Do they have food and what if they run out of gas idlong and can't fill up because of the gridlock? And what the gently caress is the endgame here? Seems like this is going to get out of hand

give your head a shake. we provided the porta potties and everything.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I've been waiting for a coherent message from the protestors and honestly that's just rude and inconsiderate.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

eXXon posted:

I've been waiting for a coherent message from the protestors and honestly that's just rude and inconsiderate.

HONK

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
Trying to think of something worse than drinking cans of Molson Canadian in an Ottawa winter night with truck horns blasting in your ears and no place to pee

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IĂÂĂŒÂĂŒÂ° ĂÂ“ĂŒÂ¯ĂŒÂ–ĂŒÂ«ĂŒÂ¹ĂŒÂ¯ĂŒÂ¤A҉mĂÂĂŒÂºĂŒÂ© ĂÂ‡ĂŒÂ¬AĂŒÂ¡ĂŒÂ®ĂŒÂĂŒÂ ĂÂĂÂ‰ĂŒÂ±ĂŒÂ« KĂŒÂ¶eĂ“gĂÂ.ĂŒÂ•ĂŒÂ»ĂŒÂ±ĂŒÂªĂÂ–ĂŒÂ¹ĂŒÂŸ

Facebook Aunt posted:

It's -13 right now (-22 with windchill) which is doable if you've got the right gear, but it will still wear you down as the hours pass. Which I guess is why they went to the mall.

But there is a severe weather warning overnight.

Nothing makes -30 okay. Anybody who was planning on sleeping in their car (or can't get a hotel room because they refuse to wear a mask to the registration desk) is at serious hypothermia risk.

Never invade Ottawa in winter.

They're going to leave their cars idling all night with the heaters on

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

They're going to leave their cars idling all night with the heaters on

Have you seen the price of gas!

I haven't, but I assume it's high. Pretty high.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

skewetoo posted:

Just tuned into the YouTube livestream to see the progress our provisional government is making. I’d go crazy if I lived there and had to listen to all that honking. Imagine caring for a newborn with that right now.

It's pretty bad in Downtown Vancouver today too for some godforsaken reason, just an army of chud pickups from the valley doing circuits with their horns blaring non-stop.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Rime posted:

It's pretty bad in Downtown Vancouver today too for some godforsaken reason, just an army of chud pickups from the valley doing circuits with their horns blaring non-stop.

All the morons who couldn't make it to Ottawa showed up at their local rallies. Calgary has them too.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

lol are the feds actually gonna just let these assholes trash the capital for the weekend?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

lol are the feds actually gonna just let these assholes trash the capital for the weekend?

yes, the cops don't care because white

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

what do you want them to do, arrest white people? :confused:

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
They have hockey sticks police are not equipped to deal with it

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

vyelkin posted:

what do you want them to do, arrest white people? :confused:

it’s hilarious how weak north american govs have allowed themselves to become. I understand domestic optics matter more to them but when they are beating the drums to finally settle the cold war maybe keeping control of your goddamn capital would help demonstrate some capacity for competent force projection

things have always been dumb but we really are hitting an apex these days

speaking of

https://twitter.com/Justin_Ling/sta...ingawful.com%2F

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Didn't hear any chuds honking in Toronto but I may have missed it. There was a Palestinian protest on Yonge and at Dundas Square today so maybe they were drowned out by that.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IĂÂĂŒÂĂŒÂ° ĂÂ“ĂŒÂ¯ĂŒÂ–ĂŒÂ«ĂŒÂ¹ĂŒÂ¯ĂŒÂ¤A҉mĂÂĂŒÂºĂŒÂ© ĂÂ‡ĂŒÂ¬AĂŒÂ¡ĂŒÂ®ĂŒÂĂŒÂ ĂÂĂÂ‰ĂŒÂ±ĂŒÂ« KĂŒÂ¶eĂ“gĂÂ.ĂŒÂ•ĂŒÂ»ĂŒÂ±ĂŒÂªĂÂ–ĂŒÂ¹ĂŒÂŸ

CLAM DOWN posted:

yes, the cops don't care because white

They seem to care when anarchists do it though :confused:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

it’s hilarious how weak north american govs have allowed themselves to become. I understand domestic optics matter more to them but when they are beating the drums to finally settle the cold war maybe keeping control of your goddamn capital would help demonstrate some capacity for competent force projection

things have always been dumb but we really are hitting an apex these days

speaking of

https://twitter.com/Justin_Ling/sta...ingawful.com%2F

i mean that dude is right, they're both scams

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

They seem to care when anarchists do it though :confused:

they call them the black bloc for a reason

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Fondly remembering when chuds 'protested' an aboriginal fishery in NS and burned it down and the RCMP just stood by and was like "they're just trying to convey their frustrations :lofty:" and by fondly I mean [REDACTED] every single [REDACTED]

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

skewetoo posted:

Didn't hear any chuds honking in Toronto but I may have missed it. There was a Palestinian protest on Yonge and at Dundas Square today so maybe they were drowned out by that.

Oh gently caress yeah, I missed that one because I was nursing a hangover, how was the turnout?

I remember being at that huge one at City Hall last summer. I've never seen anything like it, people were honking and revving and hanging out of their car sunroofs and windows throwing peace signs everywhere. One dude stood at Queen and University waving Palestinian and Irish flags together. I spotted a small group wearing Israeli flags and scared the bejeezus out of them with my motorcycle engine. It took an hour to drive out of downtown but it loving ruled.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Facebook Aunt posted:

Have you seen the price of gas!

I haven't, but I assume it's high. Pretty high.

Supposed to hit 1.68 in Ottawa this weekend

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

He was in the NDP?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Honk honk

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Frosted Flake posted:

He was in the NDP?
He grew up down the street from Rachel Notley and spent tons of time with her and her dad Grant (also an NDP leader).

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1487609258724237312?s=21

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

thank you! Did anyone read any good can con last year? I did not read a whole lot for a change but i read Love After the End last month and it was really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

linoleum floors posted:

Trying to think of something worse than drinking cans of Molson Canadian in an Ottawa winter night with truck horns blasting in your ears and no place to pee

Drinking a Labatt 50 in an Ottawa winter night with truck horns blasting in your ears and no place to pee?