Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

E. Revenant posted:

https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=whippoorwill

Even if it's art shows it flying a bird can not have flying.

lol I just noticed that Gatherer still lists "converted mana cost" instead of "mana value".
And ratings and comments are still broken.
They really did just give up entirely on Gatherer and rely on third-party sites to fill the gap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Entropic posted:

lol I just noticed that Gatherer still lists "converted mana cost" instead of "mana value".
And ratings and comments are still broken.
They really did just give up entirely on Gatherer and rely on third-party sites to fill the gap.

It's worse. The 'type' field was broken when they added un-sets; now types include "scariest" and "eaturecray". It's been that way for at least a year.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This seems pretty darn good

Oooh, this get bigger exiling lands too.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

resistentialism posted:

plague engineer would be the big one there

can "equipment" be selected by plague engineer?

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

A big flaming stink posted:

You can't. All subtypes are associated with a particular card type, and Plague Engineer requires you to select a creature type, while Equipment is an artifact type.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

No but you can pick "Cat"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

No. One of the tricky things about cards with multiple types is that each subtype is associated with one of the types but not both.
Like equipment is never a creature type, so you can't name it off engineer. But you'll notice these reconfigure creatures are also "cats" or "jellyfish" which are creature types you can name.
Other than "just know it" there is no way to know which type goes with which subtype. You'll have to look it up in the rules of you don't know. (the rules contain a full list of all legal types and subtypes.)

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Clarity on reconfigure:

MaRo posted:

"How do reconfigure cards work with cards that can directly attach equipment?"

Here’s what Jess Dunks, the Rules Manager says, “Effects like Sigarda’s Aid or Stonehewer Giant can attach Equipment creatures with reconfigure, and in that case they stop being creatures until they become unattached.”

Doesn't look like he's touched on getting the Equip ability, if that's handled differently.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
https://mobile.twitter.com/Dunkatog/status/1486777069316960256

More in the comment chain.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The thread confirms that Puresteel Paladin does in fact let you equip for zero and it stops becoming a creature on equip

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Well that's pretty darn good

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
This is fantastic news for Ardenn decks as well

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

HootTheOwl posted:

No. One of the tricky things about cards with multiple types is that each subtype is associated with one of the types but not both.
Like equipment is never a creature type, so you can't name it off engineer. But you'll notice these reconfigure creatures are also "cats" or "jellyfish" which are creature types you can name.
Other than "just know it" there is no way to know which type goes with which subtype. You'll have to look it up in the rules of you don't know. (the rules contain a full list of all legal types and subtypes.)

Maskwood Nexus turning all your creatures into shrines would be funny as hell though.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

still don't think its very good for hammertime. :colbert: but good to know that you can just equip equipment creatures.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

busted, I need like 16

edit I thought a bit more, no I don't

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jan 30, 2022

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Strong Sauce posted:

i don't think it'll do much for hammertime since you can't just equip it while it's a creature. also cranial plating will probably pump faster.

https://twitter.com/CedricAPhillips/status/1487500794739965959

Up to one is strong text here. If you have the enchantment and artifact you still get a 2/2 if you really want one.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I need that for my Prosper edh deck

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Goa Tse-tung posted:

busted, I need like 16

edit I thought a bit more, no I don't

Did you read "alone" the same time I did? I had the same reaction.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

this "attacking alone" thing makes me feel queasy about whatever color pairs have that as a theme

also I can't imagine the best common in the set will be anything other than a 1/1 unblockable or flier

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

kalel posted:

this "attacking alone" thing makes me feel queasy about whatever color pairs have that as a theme

also I can't imagine the best common in the set will be anything other than a 1/1 unblockable or flier

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

I like the pseudo-exalted thing Samurai have going on, it's good flavor.

It’s a samurai thing, RW at the very least

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I've been thinking more about this card and I think it's really powerful. I'm not sure if it can find a home given how restrictive the mana cost is, but it can play a simultaneous ritual and card advantage role. While you don't want to be casting cards from your hand with it, that clause means that it's rarely dead.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
https://twitter.com/gavinverhey/status/1487841898412740613?s=21

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Gonna play a lot of that Ninja

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That’s a cool ninja

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
https://twitter.com/Sci_Phile/status/1487841342088630273

Get in my cube immediately

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Froghammer posted:

Gonna play a lot of that Ninja

Spikefield Hazard is gonna be so good in the upcoming meta.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Gynovore posted:

Spikefield Hazard is gonna be so good in the upcoming meta.
The new ninja is primarily a bomb for pauper, among other reasons because spikefield hazard is already so popular in so many other formats.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

That's a drat fine ratja. Is this Moonsox's kid?

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
^^^ haha omg what a slam for powered cube

Wouldn’t this make any vehicle with higher p/t than 1/1 worse unless x is large enough?

uggy fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jan 30, 2022

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

uggy posted:

Wouldn’t this make any vehicle with higher p/t than 1/1 worse unless x is large enough?

yes, why

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

kalel posted:

yes, why

The tweets commentary was confusing me since it doesn’t really feel like it makes vehicles better

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

flatluigi posted:

it's white scavenging ooze, it's gonna show up a TON

Scooze is pretty much not a playable card these days though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That's a drat fine ratja. Is this Moonsox's kid?

If nothing else this is going to be awesome in cube.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

mcmagic posted:

It isn't an apples to apples comparison. I don't think its going to see a ton of play, but it feels more useful than scooze atm.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

uggy posted:

The tweets commentary was confusing me since it doesn’t really feel like it makes vehicles better

yeah but imagine if X was eleventy billion!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

mcmagic posted:

scavenging ooze falling out of the current meta doesn't mean it's suddenly a bad card

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

flatluigi posted:

scavenging ooze falling out of the current meta doesn't mean it's suddenly a bad card

It's not a meta issue. It's a card that I think current magic has kind of passed by.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
Ya I agree with mcmagic, cards still solid but not what it once was.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

First real big flavor fail of the set that this doesn't work with the Brothers Yamazki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Lmao, this card isn’t a white scooze, it’s a much different and possibly more useful card.