Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
who’s gonna take his place lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Regarde Aduck posted:

is it actually skirted yet?

I was waiting for the piss take censored report to drop before finally giving up on this one

My man the last 500000090 scandals ended in CON+2. Just because this is a slow burning fuse doesn't mean labours powder will stay dry for long.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
tug a hat apparently

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Regarde Aduck posted:

is it actually skirted yet?

I was waiting for the piss take censored report to drop before finally giving up on this one
"Boris Johnson [REDACTED] is [REDACTED] in[REDACTED]no[REDACTED]cent [REDACTED] of [REDACTED] all [REDACTED] wrongdoing [REST OF REPORT REDACTED]"

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

tug a hat apparently
I know it probably has a fancy french pronunciation but his surname is tug end hat and it always will be.

E: it's supposed to be something like too-zhen-daa isn't it?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Payndz posted:

"Boris Johnson [REDACTED] is [REDACTED] in[REDACTED]no[REDACTED]cent [REDACTED] of [REDACTED] all [REDACTED] wrongdoing [REST OF REPORT REDACTED]"

Has fathered [REDACTED] people with [REDACTED] people

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Has fathered [REDACTED] people with [REDACTED] people

You probably don't need to redact something when the original is just "?????"

Wrath of Mordark
Jul 25, 2006

Foster liked his brand new wand!
Fun Shoe

Wrath of Mordark fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 30, 2022

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Google

british summer time 2022

g'warn g'warn g'warn (Mrs Doyle voice)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Boris [REST OF REPORT IS REDACTED]

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
The Thing lays its tactics out in full:
I don't know when this interview is from.

https://twitter.com/MarinaPurkiss/status/1487173180884201475?s=20&t=6_--57tt46GfxRkaUGjXfA

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

The Thing lays its tactics out in full:
I don't know when this interview is from.

https://twitter.com/MarinaPurkiss/status/1487173180884201475?s=20&t=6_--57tt46GfxRkaUGjXfA

If this is the real strategy lol that it's working

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Google

british summer time 2022

g'warn g'warn g'warn (Mrs Doyle voice)

FECK OFF, CUP

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

If this is the real strategy lol that it's working

Its actually that we don't have real rules for parliament and it was always governed internally by unwritten convention. What happens then is when you get people that simply ignore that convention there is no real recourse for anyone to punish them. We're all expecting Boris to resign if he's been found to have lied to parliament, but I'm still not sure he will. I don't think there's any way to force him out except a no confidence vote which no Tory actually wants. They might want Boris gone but they wont risk their seat for it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I thought lying to parliament was some kind of actual, on-the-books offence with capital C Consequences. Was I mistaken?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I don't think it is, which is why the media have been trying to trap the cabinet into saying that if hes found to have done it he should resign.

Thats the kicker, all of it is dependent on people having actual shame.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Government is gonna put NI up

Seems... progressive?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Once the report drops that redacts any wrong doing the Tories are going to be back in the lead again.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Seems... progressive?

Currently it's 12% between 9500 and 50000 and then 2% over 50000.
Both those % will go up by 1.25%.

Increasing the 50k lower cap seems more progressive as when you go over 50k NI barely exists.

EvilMoJoJoJo
Dec 9, 2004

ask me about leaving the cult of black metal and bringing jesus into your life

Job 19:17

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Seems... progressive?

It's not really as the rise will be proportionately more for people on lower incomes (as a share of the cash they have to spare), plus it is only levied on working people so rich pensioners are completely untouched. The Resolution Foundation was pretty strongly against it when it was announced. It's also going to depress wage rises (especially as the NLW is - rightly! - going up at the same time). Honestly a wealth tax would be 10000x better but we all know that's not going to happen.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
The ah well nevertheless shite is already floating in: in The Sunday Times, notable bootlicker Camilla Long announces that it can’t be Boris’ fault for the parties and the cake and the Afghan Dog Rescue, because Boris isn’t actually a liar at all! It was Carrie! All this time! Taking advantage of sweet, gentle, gullible Boris!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Boris Johnson is actually a loving idiot who isn't in control of anything because he's too dumb: A defence of Boris.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Jeherrin posted:

The ah well nevertheless shite is already floating in: in The Sunday Times, notable bootlicker Camilla Long announces that it can’t be Boris’ fault for the parties and the cake and the Afghan Dog Rescue, because Boris isn’t actually a liar at all! It was Carrie! All this time! Taking advantage of sweet, gentle, gullible Boris!

oooooooooh she's like lady macked-beth that one a right honeytrap poison ivy i oughtn't to wonder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! proper fumin babes xx

really who reads that guff lol

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Jeremy Corbyn came to Derry the other day and gave a talk on Bloody Sunday and he condemned the government for planning to declare an effective amnesty for crimes committed here but try finding a story about it on the bbc lol

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
this here story https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60129656 much more important apparently lol

now don't get me wrong i am fond of camels and art teachers but priorities, you know

crispix fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Jan 30, 2022

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

For those who want to read about what he said, here is coverage of his visit.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40796367.html

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

crispix posted:

Jeremy Corbyn came to Derry the other day and gave a talk on Bloody Sunday and he condemned the government for planning to declare an effective amnesty for crimes committed here but try finding a story about it on the bbc lol

Wow, Jeremy trying to restart the Troubles on his own. Obsessed with just not letting sleeping dogs lie.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

forkboy84 posted:

Wow, Jeremy trying to restart the Troubles on his own. Obsessed with just not letting sleeping dogs lie.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Peterhardwick17/status/1487715119882768388

Starmer's tweet is utterly passive, makes it sound like an earthquake or tornado killed them
https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1487701565758652421?s=20&t=gb4e-JltdBpv216rG5d8rw

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

serious gaylord posted:

Its actually that we don't have real rules for parliament and it was always governed internally by unwritten convention. What happens then is when you get people that simply ignore that convention there is no real recourse for anyone to punish them. We're all expecting Boris to resign if he's been found to have lied to parliament, but I'm still not sure he will. I don't think there's any way to force him out except a no confidence vote which no Tory actually wants. They might want Boris gone but they wont risk their seat for it.

Didn't Theresa May get no confidenced and just ignored it? Or was that some technicality because it was an internal tory party no confidence rather than a parliamentary one? Either way I'd be interested to see what would happen if a sitting pm just outright refused to budge. I'd hope they'd be kicked out on their arse but who actually knows

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
May's was a Tory party vote triggered by letters to the 1922 committee and she won the vote.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

ThomasPaine posted:

Didn't Theresa May get no confidenced and just ignored it? Or was that some technicality because it was an internal tory party no confidence rather than a parliamentary one? Either way I'd be interested to see what would happen if a sitting pm just outright refused to budge. I'd hope they'd be kicked out on their arse but who actually knows

No, the 1922 Committee got enough letters to force a Tory Party VONC, but she won the actual vote fairly comfortably. There was also a parliamentary one which she won slightly less comfortably.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
wuruwruegh moi thohts und praws aw wuth thuh communituh uffected by unpleasunt sunduh aruaghg

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

edit: I should have just moved on instead of posting.

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jan 30, 2022

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i mean he's being satirical

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Has anyone seen if any Tories are tweeting about Bloody Sunday? I imagine if any were, it would be about the tragedy of how many bullets had to be spent on the day.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

SCG is splitting with eleven of the meltier members off to do some new bullshit.

Disappointing but not surprising. Hopefully the remaining ones do something interesting, but they won't. So loving passive.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

sebzilla posted:

SCG is splitting with eleven of the meltier members off to do some new bullshit.

Disappointing but not surprising. Hopefully the remaining ones do something interesting, but they won't. So loving passive.

quote:

Playing with Parliamentary conventions to capture media attention and generate debate
in Westminster i.e. calling Boris Johnson a liar, actions involving dresscodes, taking the
knee in the chamber etc
finally some useful action

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
stinky corbyns group

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Once the report drops that redacts any wrong doing the Tories are going to be back in the lead again.

Surely the summary wouldn’t be redacted? Like just a line with no specifics just ‘yeah he’s a poo poo’. If even the ultimate verdict is redacted then that’ll be damning by its nature. Like i understand that everything is corrupt and he was always going to get away with it but this seems a bizarrely clumsy and obviously guilty way of doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Regarde Aduck posted:

Surely the summary wouldn’t be redacted? Like just a line with no specifics just ‘yeah he’s a poo poo’. If even the ultimate verdict is redacted then that’ll be damning by its nature. Like i understand that everything is corrupt and he was always going to get away with it but this seems a bizarrely clumsy and obviously guilty way of doing it.

if you know you can get away with it why not