Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Fans Hobby are killing it. They're going to be the only company to really hit the Japan and Unicron trilogies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Nodosaur posted:

The toy is great and I want it, but it loses points because the switchblade doesn't come out of his palm.

I think the important thing — the thing that's making me want it — is that it is a toy. It's got a base mode, it's got firing missiles, lots of things that only show up if you play with it. While I love the way that most 3P companies are going, I wish more were going in on the fact that Transformers are toys, and they should be fun to play with.

I say this as a 40-year-old who plays with his desk bots as nerdier fidget-toys, and insists on strafing his cats with anything with a flying alt-mode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay, we know we're getting a new Menasor in Legacy. I'm betting the odds are pretty good Hasbro is going to redo the main, more popular Combiner teams as well. As I continue to prune my collection I'm seeing a lot of guys that sell for solid money right now and new editions will definitely eat into that so I'm thinking it might be the right time to sell CW Superion, Bruticus and Defensor. I'd toss Abominus and Computron on the pile as well but I don't feel as confident that they'll get updated any time soon.

What do you guys think, it makes sense they'd update more than Menasor right?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Bruticus absolutely seems like the one they'd want to redo. Arguably the second most popular combiner behind Devy, with a host of repaint options and reconfigurations, and even individual members are fandom darlings in and of themselves. And like with Menasor, you could argue they had to compromise a lot about him to make the CW version work, as opposed to the others.

I'm not sure they'd actually take the time to redo Defensor and Superion in that same line of thinking. They don't seem to matter nearly as much and they don't have the same kind of problems that CW Bruticus and Menasor had

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's a good point. But the Defensor torso has the same issues the Bruticus one does so that might get a redo.

I'm even sitting here looking at Piranacon and thinking "i have no attachment to this character" so they might get the boot as well.

RedCometHarry
Jan 26, 2022
I think if they were to make an Autobot combiner team in legacy It'd probably be the Aerialbots given that we're already getting the Stunticons, given their rivalry in the G1 cartoon.

I'm just hoping that I can somehow get the Haslab Star Saber in Australia without selling a kidney.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Knormal posted:

Spike gets head articulation, at the cost of his brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8DhVmvcJgA

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Burkion posted:

Bruticus absolutely seems like the one they'd want to redo. Arguably the second most popular combiner behind Devy, with a host of repaint options and reconfigurations, and even individual members are fandom darlings in and of themselves. And like with Menasor, you could argue they had to compromise a lot about him to make the CW version work, as opposed to the others.

I'm not sure they'd actually take the time to redo Defensor and Superion in that same line of thinking. They don't seem to matter nearly as much and they don't have the same kind of problems that CW Bruticus and Menasor had

Superion>Bruticus. Fight me. That being said, I have all the CW combiners (open and out of box of course for most of them) what kind of price are they getting online these days?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Comfortador posted:

Superion>Bruticus. Fight me. That being said, I have all the CW combiners (open and out of box of course for most of them) what kind of price are they getting online these days?

I got $150 for Victorion earlier today. Most of my others have PE upgrades which will drive the price up a bit.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'd definitely consider a new Superion, he and Computron are my favorite Scramble combiners and I don't see a need to update on the Quantron I got

Speaking of, I saw pictures of Fans Toys Fireflight's altmode on showz and drat if he isn't the least kibbly Aerialbot I've ever seen.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Would y'all here consider Jetfire and Jetstorm to be the Animated version of the Aerialbots? I was watching McFeely's video on the Aerialbots recently and was surprised they didn't get a mention.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dabir posted:

Would y'all here consider Jetfire and Jetstorm to be the Animated version of the Aerialbots? I was watching McFeely's video on the Aerialbots recently and was surprised they didn't get a mention.

I don't, supposedly they wanted to get to combiners in the future if the show hadn't ended so they probably had some idea in place.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's very neat to see all those playset-style features get brought back in the 3p toy and get done in higher quality, but it also seems to be directly contrary to what those toys are normally about. It's weird.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Burkion posted:

Bruticus absolutely seems like the one they'd want to redo. Arguably the second most popular combiner behind Devy, with a host of repaint options and reconfigurations, and even individual members are fandom darlings in and of themselves.

Plus he's one metamorphing dudicus

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The way that they're doing Menasor in a non-Scramble City style makes me curious what plans they have for the others. Most of the other combiners don't have the animation history of being a main guy with the other components strapped onto his limbs like Menasor does. You conceivably could do Bruticus and Defensor in pretty much the same style where Onslaught and Hot Spot would form frames for the others to connect to, but it wouldn't look as animation accurate like they're striving for now. And good luck getting all that into Silverbolt without making him even more of a plane on the back of a big cube than he usually is. Devastator is a freebie in that style since he was never Scramble City to begin with, but I have a feeling they'll want to do an Autobot next to balance out Menasor.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They can make the combiner frame it's own member, maybe Broadside?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Or maybe they'll make a new Combiner team, been a while since we got a new one of those

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Apparently Legacy Bulkhead is already out in France.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYlqITm7dsk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymM6E5X1JXA
I'm not sure I like it. I want to like it, I like Bulkhead, but his torso looks really hollow and his transformation seems weirdly over complicated. The vehicle mode looks great, and the robot mode seems nice and poseable, I don't hate the design. I'm just not sure I'd be able to overlook the belly gap and the way he has to unfold into basically a long stick to transform.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

Okay, we know we're getting a new Menasor in Legacy. I'm betting the odds are pretty good Hasbro is going to redo the main, more popular Combiner teams as well. As I continue to prune my collection I'm seeing a lot of guys that sell for solid money right now and new editions will definitely eat into that so I'm thinking it might be the right time to sell CW Superion, Bruticus and Defensor. I'd toss Abominus and Computron on the pile as well but I don't feel as confident that they'll get updated any time soon.

What do you guys think, it makes sense they'd update more than Menasor right?

I think the CW Superion and Defensor are very close to both the toy and animation model in ways that doesn't warrant a new figure, while Menasor, Bruticus, and Computron were altered heavily. Even after you factor in the online exclusive "fixes," like Wildrider.

I really hope they drop a new Computron at retail, cause I missed the CW one totally.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Ooh I found a Kingdom Blaster and reissue Tigatron today.

Are there more Beast Wars reissues in the pipeline?

Answer: Scorponok

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Feb 1, 2022

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Local store near me has a g1 jetfire with armor in a nice box. Depending on the price and the armor, I’m probably going to buy it.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Finally got Scorponok and drat he's a big boy.

It's one thing to look at in pictures and vids, it's another to have in hand.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

My SS Percy has shipped! Gonna be interesting comparing him with the MFT version. Should have pics soon.

In other news, Nightbeat thinks they're Sam Spade and Philip Marlowe, Siren thinks they're Tango and Cash. Clearly, they're both right.

Goddamn I love every variation on these figures...

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

DigitalRaven posted:

My SS Percy has shipped! Gonna be interesting comparing him with the MFT version. Should have pics soon.

In other news, Nightbeat thinks they're Sam Spade and Philip Marlowe, Siren thinks they're Tango and Cash. Clearly, they're both right.

Goddamn I love every variation on these figures...

Where is your SS Perceptor coming from? I preordered mine on Amazon, and it still says due in April.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

The UK side of Hasbro Pulse. They were originally a bit off-and-on, but they were pretty good at getting Pipes and Slammer to me on time, and they emailed a couple of days ago about Perceptor being released early.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kingdom Terrorsaur got bumped up a full month and says it's arriving Thursday.

Which is funny because I forgot I ordered it.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Yeah mine's coming too. That and I got the shipping notice for the Unicron addon Galvatron set. Feels like a shipping container finally got unloaded somewhere when a few things suddenly ship at once.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

Kingdom Terrorsaur got bumped up a full month and says it's arriving Thursday.

Yeah, he's the last of them for me. Mutant Tigatron came today.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We still need a Tarantus, that's the whole season 1 cast right?

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Someone finally listed a TR Trypticon toe on eBay and :10bux: later my big boi is restored. Still can't figure out how my kids lost that one.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

We still need a Tarantus, that's the whole season 1 cast right?

Inferno.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh right, he's essential.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Picked up that Target exclusive Origins Bumblebee and this is an extremely fun and cute toy.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I have been sticking his jetpack on everything so they can swoosh around

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I have the Centurion Accessory Pack so now I have two jetpacks.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

Picked up that Target exclusive Origins Bumblebee and this is an extremely fun and cute toy.
Yeah, it's surprising how well that mold works with such a bizarre alt mode.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Heck yeah, Terrorsaur tomorrow

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Thew got his hands on a leaked Bulkhead and just the photos he's taking are blowing all my misgivings away.
https://twitter.com/toygrind/status/1488853352465289224

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Leaked makes it sound illicit, he’s just out in Europe now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

Leaked makes it sound illicit, he’s just out in Europe now.

I heard it was a brief leak and only in France. Everywhere I'm looking at in the UK (I know, not really Europe any more) still gives dates anywhere from May to June.