Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Got the Rona lol, :rip: me

goddamnedtwisto posted:

No, the 1922 Committee got enough letters to force a Tory Party VONC, but she won the actual vote fairly comfortably. There was also a parliamentary one which she won slightly less comfortably.

Ah yeah, remember those crazy days when we actually felt hope. Feels so long ago now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

ThomasPaine posted:

Ah yeah, remember those crazy days when we actually felt hope. Feels so long ago now.

are you boosted and how much symptoms do you have?

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

bump_fn posted:

are you boosted and how much symptoms do you have?

Yeah I'm not particularly worried, I'm triple vaccinated and only in my early 30s. Symptoms so far aren't so bad, just a sore throat and bunged up with an occasional cough. Hopefully it doesn't get much worse but :shrug:

I'm more annoyed because I have poo poo to be getting on with and I'll be pissed if it actually knocks me on my arse. I'm irritated that my perfect zero infection pandemic run has been ruined too!

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

ThomasPaine posted:

good luck bud

May its passing be swift and painless

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think the government should give you cheevos if you manage to go long enough without catching it.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

ThomasPaine posted:

Yeah I'm not particularly worried, I'm triple vaccinated and only in my early 30s. Symptoms so far aren't so bad, just a sore throat and bunged up with an occasional cough. Hopefully it doesn't get much worse but :shrug:

I'm more annoyed because I have poo poo to be getting on with and I'll be pissed if it actually knocks me on my arse. I'm irritated that my perfect zero infection pandemic run has been ruined too!

Get well soon.

I'm only keeping up my attempts to avoid covid[1] because it's just so passe now. When it becomes hipster retro I'll be out there sticking my nose right into the medical waste bins at the hospital though.

[1] Which are admittedly extremely limited, and kinda ruined by regularly going to stand in a concrete bowl with 60,000 other people once a week or so, but I have some 3M masks now!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

loving lol, satire is dead. Always some galaxybrain lib out there making the stupidest posts possible in earnest, bless you Twitter.

ThomasPaine posted:

Get well soon fella. Considering how I felt like dying when I had a cold at the start of the month I think I intend to keep avoiding COVID.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jan 30, 2022

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

I am never going to catch covid.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think that triggering the antimaskers is an excellent reason to keep doing it IMO, nothing more fun than annoying people.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Barry Foster posted:

If I'm being honest catching it after dodging it successfully for two whole years is the bit that really stings. I was coming to believe I was genuinely immune through some freak quirk of biology.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Barry Foster posted:

Its not always up to you

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
When I get it I hope it mutates and is a billion times worse.
Taking as many you fuckers with me.
For Papa Nurgle.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Its not always up to you

It is if I wear my FFP2 mask

Which I do!

ThomasPaine posted:

If I'm being honest catching it after dodging it successfully for two whole years is the bit that really stings. I was coming to believe I was genuinely immune through some freak quirk of biology.

Yeah, really sucks to gently caress up a streak like that

That reminds me, gotta do my duolingo lol

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

My sense of smell came back fully the other week, and I was surprised by how happy that made me. I really enjoying cooking so it took some adjustment.

I only lost it completely for a week or so, but since about June it has been really muted. My sense of taste was ok, thankfully.

When it started to come back I was getting really weird phantom smells, like burning oil. The only downside is that I can now again smell when my daughter’s nappy needs changing.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Barry Foster posted:

It is if I wear my FFP2 mask

Which I do!

You always wear your mask in the presence of every other human being? I mean OK

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

ThomasPaine posted:

All we can do is delay, delay, delay..... getting it now at your age is much better than getting it pre vaccine.

Get well soon. :)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

On the subject of covid, some happy news:

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1487717401152176128

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1487786453551788038

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Railing lines of horse dewormer until my bollocks inflame to own the woke taliban.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Was this guy just an antimask weirdo or did he also move into antivax stuff?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A sovereign citizen, a creationist, an anti-vaxxer, and a conspiracy theorist walk into a bar. He orders a drink.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

ThomasPaine posted:

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1486391402686734342

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

ThomasPaine posted:

Gotta have a diverse portfolio as an actor

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i do hope laurence fox's body does the decent thing and succumbs to covid tbh

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
some people cause so much grief on this mortal coil that they don't deserve to remain tethered to it imo

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Lmao

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
A cross after a person's name denotes that they are deceased.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1487795742634909697

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
My "no vitamins thanks, I have a digestive system" t-shirt has a lot of people calling me a loving idiot.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

It's not something I've ever really looked into but I wonder if you had big antivax movements in Jenner's day. Lawrence Fox's great great grandad, the last person to die of smallpox. Tbh back in the day you'd have more grounds to worry because 18th C inoculation did just give you the disease on occasion so you can see why people would be hesitant.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As far as I am aware yes there were, and there were also definitely people complaining about mask mandates during the spanish flu even as people were dying of it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

ThomasPaine posted:

Tpaine has done the honorable thing and taken Fox out by kissing him on the open mouth, he must recieve the thread's blessing. Shout "Stay safe Tpaine" into your nearest router and recite the litany against Nurgle to save are brave boy.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
The Outbursts of Everett True, ca. 100 years ago:

And a couple more as inspiration for all of us, because these are still True.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
I'd loving love it if it finished the oval office off. Decent career as a journeyman actor and he's hosed it off for a gig as a Poundland Yaxley-Lemmon.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Mask mandates yes but afaik especially by the mid 20th C people were culturally conditioned to accept paternalistic medical expertise much more readily so I'd be interested to see know if there was a meaningful antivax movement. I'm thinking out loud here and haven't done any actual research but I'd imagine you can probably trace the origins of a lot (though ofc not all) of this hesitancy to the critiques of medical authoritarianism that emerged out of the New Left (foucault being the OG probably) and really took off in the 1980s.

E: Bobby Deluxe is loving loving this lmao

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I feel like 'book' agent and 'gabby barber' are airing some personal grievances there.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like this everett guy

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

ThomasPaine posted:

E: Bobby Deluxe is loving loving this lmao
I thought the coincidence was funny but in all seriousness I do not want anyone - especially goon friends - to get covid, get long covid or die from Covid. I may not agree with everything you have posted but seriously, get well soon my dude, I need people to challenge my dickhead opinions with well reasoned and researched posts.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Tpaine has done the honorable thing and taken Fox out by kissing him on the open mouth, he must recieve the thread's blessing. Shout "Stay safe Tpaine" into your nearest router and recite the litany against Nurgle to save are brave boy.

I was going to accuse him of being Fox. But now my hilarious joke is ruined.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I thought the coincidence was funny but in all seriousness I do not want anyone - especially goon friends - to get covid, get long covid or die from Covid. I may not agree with everything you have posted but seriously, get well soon my dude, I need people to challenge my dickhead opinions with well reasoned and researched posts.

I want Fox and his ilk to get Covid and have either long Covid or die. I make no apologies for that. They are responsible for others’ deaths.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Gambrinus posted:

I'd loving love it if it finished the oval office off. Decent career as a journeyman actor and he's hosed it off for a gig as a Poundland Yaxley-Lemmon.

Fun fact: I watched the now dated Lawrence Fox film 'The Hole' again the other day because I saw it on Netflix and remembered it being decent. It's actually still alright, with the exception of Keira Knightley, who was only sixteen at the time, flashing her tits. I do not understand how that hasn't been edited out, but yes apparently there is still inexplicably CP on the world's biggest streaming platform of all things. Bizarre.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I know mate I'm only kidding around, cheers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I genuinely wonder if he's actually taking the horse medicine or if its all culture war kayfabe?

Not sure what would be worse now I think about it. In anycase I hope Lewis got a new sidekick.