Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I have not looked at the pictures or the videos but from what I read it sounds like some heinous poo poo, I hope he never plays football again and also goes to prison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The dude has deleted his account, but apparently he specifically says it wasn't Keita

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

vyelkin posted:

I have not looked at the pictures or the videos but from what I read it sounds like some heinous poo poo, I hope he never plays football again and also goes to prison.
ive seen one pic and it was enough

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

TheRat posted:

The dude has deleted his account, but apparently he specifically says it wasn't Keita

Jon Flanagan then

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

United are officially the most rapey team in the English leagues I think at this point. It’ll do wonders for engagement in the Middle East.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/lauriewhitwell/status/1487831651061227525

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
https://twitter.com/DaveyBoyHarry/status/1487838352170758150

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I hope he goes to jail for a long time. loving scumbag

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

The statement from her dad is bizarre as gently caress.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Bape Culture posted:

yeah

the whole "known him since he was in the U21s" bit, why does this have to be framed in terms of his football career?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
meanwhile
https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/1487851888796176391

quote:

In the recording, which the Guardian has heard, Santiso tells his staff: “This staff is incredible, but there are things we still lack, that we still need. We still need, I still say it, to do something like what those from Arandina did, man,” he added, in reference to three footballers from the Spanish third division team Arandina CF who were each sentenced to 38 years in prison for the gang-rape of a 15-year-old girl in 2017.

He continued: “We need to grab a girl, but overage so we don’t get ourselves into trouble, and to [cargarnosla – which doesn’t translate directly but broadly means to ‘screw her’] there all together. That’s what really brings a staff, a team together. Look at the Arandina lot: they went straight up.”

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Bape Culture posted:

I hope that dad is just in shock and unable to put his thoughts together better, but it's hard not to imagine that some army of lawyers, PR fixers, agents and general parasites are scheming around right now to try to resolve this situation in the most profit-preserving way possible. Mason Greenwood was on a pretty high trajectory that could have made a lot of people rich and it probably brought out the worst in a lot of people.

It's like a horrible Ray Donovan episode.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/30/man-arrested-after-manchester-united-suspend-mason-greenwood

I love the giant picture of Mason Greenwood and admission that the “man” was arrested for the things Mason Greenwood is suspected of doing but they can’t say it’s actually Mason Greenwood lmao.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Footballers are so loving stupid holy poo poo

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

What the gently caress

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TheRat posted:

What the gently caress

confirming what we already knew, that footballers see group sex as a teambuilding exercise, but in the worst way possible

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

given the context of several recent events, I shouldn't laugh at coaches openly stating as fact that "bowling and a kebab was fun, but what if we all went dogging and got sloppy rimjobs instead this year" is the pinnacle of all team bonding exercises in the mind of footballers

but I am and I will

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

saying that, he's coach of the women's team, so to be fair on him that's basically the plot of at least three movies that I already own

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

vyelkin posted:

confirming what we already knew, that footballers see group sex as a teambuilding exercise, but in the worst way possible

I thought that this was already settled science after Leicester, although I suppose you need to do A/B testing to discover if the racism is important too.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
British libel and defamation law is profoundly stupid.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If it didn't help performances they wouldn't all do it.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Reprisal posted:

British newspapers are also scummy as gently caress. We aren't that far removed from the phone hacking scandal.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Reprisal posted:

I assume this is about the "Man arrested" thing but that's not a libel thing, it's because police don't (normally) release the names of arrested people immediately and the press at least like to pretend they don't just make poo poo up. So the press can't actually say Greenwood has been arrested because the police haven't said that he has, just that they've arrested "a man".

(Our libel laws are both stupid enough and clever enough that if it were about libel, those "Man arrested as Man U suspend Greenwood" headlines would *definitely* be covered by them)

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I assume this is about the "Man arrested" thing but that's not a libel thing, it's because police don't (normally) release the names of arrested people immediately and the press at least like to pretend they don't just make poo poo up. So the press can't actually say Greenwood has been arrested because the police haven't said that he has, just that they've arrested "a man".

(Our libel laws are both stupid enough and clever enough that if it were about libel, those "Man arrested as Man U suspend Greenwood" headlines would *definitely* be covered by them)

The BBC says otherwise

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60192303

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Once someone has been publicly charged with an offense against the law, what’s the point?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
what

is
the
name
of
The
Man

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

there was a recent thing where a rugby player was arrested and the police only released the age, and from meagre info a bunch of tabloids went off to harass dan ciprianis wife thinking she was the one

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Reprisal posted:

Once someone has been publicly charged with an offense against the law, what’s the point?

Because the point is *if the police haven't named him* that even if it's true, it's inaccurate to report he's been arrested. The police *can* choose to name an arrested person but don't normally do it until he's been charged, which I believe isn't the case yet. (See also a certain Everton player currently taking an unexpected break).

Well someone's in big trouble on the weekend desk at the Beeb then because that's not their house style. Compare it with the "player arrested by Cheshire Police" I mentioned above - although while Googling for that story it was swamped by reports about Mendy before he was named, and weirdly even back in 2020 everyone was convinced it was Greenwood so it sounds like this has been an open secret for a while.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
I think I misunderstood where in the process this is at.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Reprisal posted:

I think I misunderstood where in the process this is at.

He's been arrested but (probably) not charged yet. A lot of people (including a lot of the press) think that the two are the same but they're not, and a charge might not come until days, weeks or even months later depending on the evidence they need to gather.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

He's been arrested but (probably) not charged yet. A lot of people (including a lot of the press) think that the two are the same but they're not, and a charge might not come until days, weeks or even months later depending on the evidence they need to gather.

Surely they can’t keep someone locked up for months without charges?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Oh. I have a movement ready.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

JunkDeluxe posted:

Surely they can’t keep someone locked up for months without charges?

No of course not, he's not Muslim.

You can be held in custody for 24 hours, which can be extended if a judge agrees out to (IIRC) 96 hours, other than for terrorism-related arrests where you can be held for 28 days. After that point they either have to get you charged and in front of a judge (which they'll normally only do if they're expecting to ask that you be locked up on remand until trial) or released while they continue investigations, at which point they won't normally bother formally charging you until they're actually ready to go to trial.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

ive seen one pic and it was enough
There were about ten others that someone had put up on a fast-playing gif on Twitter (didn't have autoplay off w/ the new device I was using) and yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh it was awful.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah, don't go looking but just assume it's pretty loving bad.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
There has been rumors of him beating his girl before, and United knowing about it. No surprise there, Ole loves a rapist.

https://thefootballdugout.com/2020/02/18/how-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-protected-a-rapist/

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Starting by citing Mike LUHG is a strong start, I'll give you that.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
How's this for itk : my colleagues step daughter is friends with greenwood's (now presumably ex) gf, and apparently everyone who lives round there has known he's a wrongun for literally years.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
It Is Known that fiery goalscoring forwards often have a bit of criminality in their makeup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/lauriewhitwell/status/1488563818145984515

e:

https://twitter.com/SimonPeach/status/1488559667294916610

TheRat fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 1, 2022