Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the recent cum town made me laugh a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Bust Rodd posted:

Vaping is pretty impressive because someone found a way to make smoking seem gay and stupid while also making it more expensive.

Its so much cheaper than regular cigarettes what the gently caress?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Smythe posted:

Are they finally done with cabin episodes?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Weed vape came, mine was tie die colored and it rules.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

Are they finally done with cabin episodes?

dunno but when they were riffing on the ad read for the pants and described them as pants for "mixed race zoomers with broccoli hair" i laughed out loud and despite never seeing the pants, know exactly what they are

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I'm confused what about him you don't want to be

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm confused what about him you don't want to be

well, the doxxed part is probably not the best

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

hobbesmaster posted:

Also getting subtweeted by the Helman's Mayonnaise twitter account.

AnEdgelord has issued a correction as of 04:02 on Jan 30, 2022

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

hobbesmaster posted:

a real dudes rock move would be to go public, do some kinda interview and get even more trim

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

On one hand he's a victim of toxic feminism trying to ruin a guy's life for fairly innocuous dating behavior in a very Tumblr drama way, on the other hand this is the podcast thread.

In conclusion, never date heterosexuals.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
A character played by an actor in a fat suit shovels food in his face, unable to restrain himself in a fit of rage. Another falls, too lazy and out-of-shape to get up without the aid of others. And yet another loses weight and avenges the anti-fat bullying she faced growing up, finally earning respect as a thin person.
We see all of these tropes ad nauseam in film, television, literature, and other forms of arts and pop culture. They’re a manifestation of a deep cultural hostility toward fat people - one that perpetuates a centuries-long stigma that both reduces them to their size and their eating habits, with little curiosity about any other facets of their lives, and equates their bodies with the sins of sloth, greed, and gluttony.

The results: degradation, dehumanization, and a constant, unrelenting message that fatness is a moral failure. Whether in 19th Century sideshows and cartoons presenting fat people as the object of humiliation and scorn, sitcoms and movies of the 1990s using fat suits for a cheap laugh, or new dramedies that continue to miss the mark, the characterization of fat people as sin incarnate has hardly changed, thanks to a virulent and complex nexus of racism, classism, and misogyny.

On this episode, we explore how mass media perpetuate anti-fatness in Western, and especially American, culture, examining the ways in which imperial conquest and capitalist development laid the foundation for hostility toward fat people; how even supposedly enlightened liberals use the thin patina of public health to mask routine anti-fat bullying; and the methods Hollywood and other sources of cultural products use to present fat characters as punchlines and nuisances who can only be kooky best friends or degenerate villains.

God Bless Adam Johnson.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

tokin opposition posted:

toxic feminism

*grinning ear to ear*

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Xaris posted:

A character played by an actor in a fat suit shovels food in his face, unable to restrain himself in a fit of rage. Another falls, too lazy and out-of-shape to get up without the aid of others. And yet another loses weight and avenges the anti-fat bullying she faced growing up, finally earning respect as a thin person.
We see all of these tropes ad nauseam in film, television, literature, and other forms of arts and pop culture. They’re a manifestation of a deep cultural hostility toward fat people - one that perpetuates a centuries-long stigma that both reduces them to their size and their eating habits, with little curiosity about any other facets of their lives, and equates their bodies with the sins of sloth, greed, and gluttony.

The results: degradation, dehumanization, and a constant, unrelenting message that fatness is a moral failure. Whether in 19th Century sideshows and cartoons presenting fat people as the object of humiliation and scorn, sitcoms and movies of the 1990s using fat suits for a cheap laugh, or new dramedies that continue to miss the mark, the characterization of fat people as sin incarnate has hardly changed, thanks to a virulent and complex nexus of racism, classism, and misogyny.

On this episode, we explore how mass media perpetuate anti-fatness in Western, and especially American, culture, examining the ways in which imperial conquest and capitalist development laid the foundation for hostility toward fat people; how even supposedly enlightened liberals use the thin patina of public health to mask routine anti-fat bullying; and the methods Hollywood and other sources of cultural products use to present fat characters as punchlines and nuisances who can only be kooky best friends or degenerate villains.

God Bless Adam Johnson.

hmm..... big think... but agreed, i think

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
bring back the bro zone

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Xaris posted:

God Bless Adam Johnson.

i dont always agree with him but i gotta respect it

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

crepeface posted:

a real dudes rock move would be to go public, do some kinda interview and get even more trim

Did Caleb ever actually gently caress or what. I'm unclear what his crime was exactly

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

some plague rats posted:

Did Caleb ever actually gently caress or what. I'm unclear what his crime was exactly

He didn't emptyquote these women's posts.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

some plague rats posted:

he gave those bitches a taste of their own medicine... and for this crime should be EXECUTED. find more of my takes on the incel forum where i have an avatar of whats his name, elliot rodger.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

tokin opposition posted:

He didn't emptyquote these women's posts.

Smythe posted:

he gave those bitches a taste of their own medicine... and for this crime should be EXECUTED. find more of my takes on the incel forum where i have an avatar of whats his name, elliot rodger.

sounds like a good thing he's in prison, honestly

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lets go caleb

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
do you even need to be in shape if your job is furniture designer

caleb was just too powerful

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

do you even need to be in shape if your job is furniture designer

caleb was just too powerful

I wouldn't buy furniture from a fat guy. It would be overdesigned and everyone would assume I was fat when I bought it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

some plague rats posted:

ghosting is tantamount to sexual metroo crimes

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Xaris posted:

ghosting is tantamount to sexual metroo crimes

But only if you're a rich Manhattanite lady ofc.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

some plague rats posted:

I wouldn't buy furniture from a fat guy. It would be overdesigned and everyone would assume I was fat when I bought it

a fat guy can design the best hammock and you can't deny this

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

some plague rats posted:

he used tinder for its intended purpose (one night stands) and a bunch of women were upset about this, because he is tall

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

some plague rats posted:

lovebomb ghosting isn't just an ssj gotenks technique :mad:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

tokin opposition posted:

On one hand he's a victim of toxic feminism trying to ruin a guy's life for fairly innocuous dating behavior in a very Tumblr drama way, on the other hand this is the podcast thread.

In conclusion, never date heterosexuals.

so that really is all it is? because i unfortunately learned a bit about this and it does seem that a bunch of women engaged in serial dating got mad that a guy was also serially dating. very confusing

forever grateful i never had to do online dating

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Smythe posted:

"my friend told me a story about these two towers.."

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Xaris posted:

God Bless Adam Johnson.

I don't think a9th century sideshows presented fatness as a moral failure. It was more like "HOLY poo poo this dude is huge! He is literally the largest human being you have ever seen in your entire life! He weighs 250 pounds!"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
one of the funniest things about the West Elm Caleb saga was that the women trying to hold him up as some example of disrespectful dating are PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIP TIKTOKERS, literally women whose job it is to go on as many dates as possible with as many men as possible in order to make content for the phoney baloney social media influencer job. For them to act like he was the one being weird and disrespectful while they live stream themselves calling a guy a loser while he pays for their drinks and has sex with them, it’s like mind-crackingly insane.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
its kiwifarms poo poo but instead tiktok girls are doing it instead

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Why does Hellmans Mayonnaise of all people feel the need to get involved. Legit the most hosed up thing in the entire saga

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Futanari Damacy posted:

Why does Hellmans Mayonnaise of all people feel the need to get involved. Legit the most hosed up thing in the entire saga

Best foods Mayo would never do that

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

Futanari Damacy posted:

we're still talking about em a week later, complete with brand name, so it clearly worked

how many people will reach for the hellmans next time at the grocery store because it's still lodged in their subconscious right next to the west elm caleb memory? its next level marketing

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

duke's mayo busy gettin' that puss

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

A Bag of Milk posted:

we're still talking about em a week later, complete with brand name, so it clearly worked

how many people will reach for the hellmans next time at the grocery store because it's still lodged in their subconscious right next to the west elm caleb memory? its next level marketing

Well it's not a positive memory, it's more like "why tf were they going after this guy as a private citizen, none of it had anything to do with mayonnaise"- finally a justification to get the cheap stuff

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

A Bag of Milk posted:

People should be buying Hellmans because it is the best mayo on the market. Plus their gin is cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Futanari Damacy posted:

https://twitter.com/qualitycompound/status/1480870697987710981?s=20&t=-_CnR1WY31MHotDsBaBcFw

I wonder if the activist investor that's been complaining about wokeness brings up West Elm Caleb in a shareholder meeting