Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

Lmao, this card isn’t a white scooze, it’s a much different and possibly more useful card.

To be fair it's a strange card that is hard to judge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
https://twitter.com/goberthicks/status/1487869452561502209?t=osVD7pIka9dVqZlsS1ejZQ&s=19

Blink buddy, Ninjitsu buddy, Sac buddy. This will see play imo.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jan 30, 2022

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
Seb… You were the chosen one

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZXcqO0uh-v/

quote:

sebmckinnon Yesterday, I traveled to Ottawa with my family to support the Trucker Freedom Convoy. The media and politicians are trying to paint this as "anti-vax" and "white supremacist". Don't fall for it, and don't be like them. This is vile, and insulting to the good people there, unvaxxed and vaxxed alike, from all races and walks of life, taking a stand for the following:

- Freedom of choice and bodily sovereignty.
- Informed medical consent. No coercion.
- A world without QR codes.
- No mandates; tools of segregation, discrimination.
- End of lockdowns & restrictions, which are damaging to mental health and the lives of ALL, from the elderly to the youngest child.

If you don't stand for the above, ask yourself why. For those who hold these principles dear, especially if you're Canadian, I encourage you to take a stand as well at this moment of history. After yesterday, I am compelled to speak out and voice that what is going on in this country is NOT RIGHT. choose love over fear. And for the first time in a long time, I feel hope.

Known QR Code Hater Seb McKinnon

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Dehtraen posted:

QR codes? Da Faq? Are they part of some NWO conspiracy now (or like, a more mainstream one)?

E: lol, picture from the event

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dehtraen posted:

Seb McKinnon, Nazi Pal

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
MTG sure does seem to have a Nazi Artist problem

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

QR codes? Da Faq? Are they part of some NWO conspiracy now (or like, a more mainstream one)?

I think it’s something to do with the proposed digital vaccine passport stuff but I’d like to imagine that he is marching against QR codes in general

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
To give some further context to our American friends people involved with this rally have stolen food from homeless shelters by implied threat, danced on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and defaced the Terry Fox statue there.

Seb can rot in a shallow loving grave with the rest of them.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Goddamnit seb

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

E: lol, picture from the event

Ontario (like most of Canada) has a vaccine passport to go to indoor public spaces with an integrated QR code. The latest lockdown ends tomorrow and restaurants will be required to check the QR codes for the next bit.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Dehtraen posted:

I think it’s something to do with the proposed digital vaccine passport stuff but I’d like to imagine that he is marching against QR codes in general

"When I go to a restaurant I expect to be able hold the menu in my hand! Not look it up on my phone like some godless commie!"

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
for the uninformed, it was both antivaxxer and white supremacist down to flying confederate flags in canada

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I am sure it won’t be great but I am gonna built bant vehicles after this set comes out

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

TheKingofSprings posted:

To give some further context to our American friends people involved with this rally have stolen food from homeless shelters by implied threat, danced on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and defaced the Terry Fox statue there.

Seb can rot in a shallow loving grave with the rest of them.

I don't think Seb was involved in those so I'm not sure why he belongs in the theoretical mass nazi grave

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Eej posted:

I don't think Seb was involved in those so I'm not sure why he belongs in the theoretical mass nazi grave

he's posting about how you shouldn't believe the mass media's lies about it being a white supremacist event

either way he's an antivaxxer so it's just a question how how high he's stacking his particular dogshit

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Oh I missed the part where he's anti vax welp

E: unless you're referring to vaccine mandates which isn't really the same thing

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

God loving dammit Seb.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

So who are the cool artists that are left?

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I'm pretty sure Rebecca Guay is cool although she isn't doing Magic art regularly anymore.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TheLawinator posted:

Me

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Eej posted:

Oh I missed the part where he's anti vax welp

E: unless you're referring to vaccine mandates which isn't really the same thing

Being against vaccine mandates is technically different, but on the same level of stupidity.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

MTG sure does seem to have a Nazi Artist problem

Artists sure does seem to have a Nazi Artist problem

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Dehtraen posted:

He's getting lit up pretty bad on social media, so there's no way WOTC hasn't heard by now.

https://twitter.com/JeffHoogland/status/1487898923733852174

Maybe the anti-vax/right wing butjobs can make up for whatever he loses in MTG commissions. What a loving idiot.

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
Seb you loving idiot

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

This seems very good for a common? And even across multiple formats, not just limited. The enchantment tag is strong and 2 mana cycle a land would be decent even without white's classic "just add gain 2 life because we want to push this card but, you know, white push instead of green or blue push". I guess it's overcosted if it's ever played fairly though.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Sickening posted:

Being against vaccine mandates is technically different, but on the same level of stupidity.

when the reasons you give for being against vaccine mandates is that it's loving segregation that's when any miniscule shred of 'well there might be GOOD reasons for this person to be against mandates' goes out the window

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

TheLawinator posted:

Johannes Voss seems cool.

Now please no one tell me he’s secretly a resurrected Hitler.

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
i always thought he was overrated anyway im the first person to say this

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

TheLawinator posted:

Dan Frazier? lol

orangelex44 posted:

This seems very good for a common? And even across multiple formats, not just limited. The enchantment tag is strong and 2 mana cycle a land would be decent even without white's classic "just add gain 2 life because we want to push this card but, you know, white push instead of green or blue push". I guess it's overcosted if it's ever played fairly though.

The place to look for modern viability of the channel cards is living end. If living end wouldnt play it, it isn't playable (probably). LE doesn't play basic plains, and it's not worth it to do so for this card, so probably not.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

At least we're getting some good memes out of this whole thing.

https://twitter.com/Spice8Rack/status/1487900035815780352?t=SOb7XMYEqpwTZhYWhTaajw&s=19

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

kalvanoo posted:

i always thought he was overrated anyway im the first person to say this

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Seb's art didn't seem super great to me in and of itself but it was so different from all the other homogenous poo poo that gets pumped out, so I always appreciated it for being more "original Magic art"-like than nearly anything else getting made at the present.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

imo all the dope alt arts in NEO are just proving that the insistence on having a consistent art style for 99% of cards in a set is really silly and boring

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
His style was very metal and metal fans love it, but he does it in a way that others can enjoy. Like I don't think he's the best but ... That dirge card with the singing skeletons is good.

Best artist for me though is always going to be John Avon

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Varinn posted:

imo all the dope alt arts in NEO are just proving that the insistence on having a consistent art style for 99% of cards in a set is really silly and boring

Top down art design kinda sucks yeah

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

His style was very metal and metal fans love it, but he does it in a way that others can enjoy. Like I don't think he's the best but ... That dirge card with the singing skeletons is good.

Best artist for me though is always going to be John Avon

Yeah i like his art but that kind of what im gonna call gothic romantic style is very unsurprising to be the style of someone whos associating with nazis

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
God loving drat it Seb.

Really regretting sending him so much Kickstarter money for playmats. Let alone the really cool one that was a collab between him and Rebecca Guay.

Just ordered a Gaea's Cradle mat, guess I'll be using that one more anyway.

Can the artists I like stop ending up to be lovely? I dunno what I'm gonna do if Johannes Voss or Rebecca Guay or Nils Hamm goes this way too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

seb mckinnon was already known for being a chud. pretty sure he had some previous controversy.