Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

One of the things I love about the cup is that I can put it in as soon as I suspect I will have a period soon and keep using it until I'm 100% certain the period is definitely over, without wasting anything. Once when I was a teenager and was still using pads it did the stop for nearly a day and then start again thing and I've been paranoid ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Ah, that wonderful feeling of being in bed, moving one millimeter and feeling a mini-gush, knowing that the second I try to get up all of my insides are going to come out & hoping they at least don't leak onto my PJ pants.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

YeahTubaMike posted:

Ah, that wonderful feeling of being in bed, moving one millimeter and feeling a mini-gush, knowing that the second I try to get up all of my insides are going to come out & hoping they at least don't leak onto my PJ pants.

Or the bedsheets under your arse

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

i said COLD WATER, you never wash it in hot!!!!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

YeahTubaMike posted:

The cautious rotation so that you manage to get vertical without directly sitting up in the bed - yeah I know that one all too well.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I'm not sure what the deal is, but I have been extremely unhungry for my whole period, which is usually the exact opposite of what happens.

I've eaten like nine times in the past week, and I feel like poo poo. The last time I ate was like nine hours ago. :geno:

edit: chicken & broccoli is on the way, and I'm going to choke it down. I also got homemade tea because it is calorie-dense as gently caress. I will survive this period, drat it!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Usually I am super not hungry during my period. Not even my usual comfort junk food is worth poo poo.

It's super weird, for the first time I can remember, last week it was like my libido was a teenage boy's. It was a far better feeling than the usual crampy tears and high anxiety. Alas it's over, and the panic anxiety is full swing. Just gotta wait to bleed it all out now.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I'm usually VERY hungry. It's like my body needs extra fuel to sustain itself. This is the first "lack of hunger" period, and this is also the first emotional PMS I've had, so clearly something is amiss.

edit: I will admit that this chicken & broccoli really hit the spot.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 19, 2022

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
I'm usually a sugar monster a couple of days before, then as soon as the dam breaks and the cramps start nothing seems good from the mild nausea.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Double posting to report on my first wet run of the disc. I put it in overnight since I'm not heavy overnight and I don't thrash around a lot so if it leaked it wouldn't be as much of a problem as If it happened during the day.

No leaks, no discomfort! There was a little bit of wiggling to get it seated correctly and get used to the string bit hanging out. Getting it out to empty was a little messy- I fumbled it a bit after popping it out of the pubic bone but that'll probably get better with practice. Overall I felt confident enough to try it out during the daytime today!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Well, guess I'm not pregnant!

Also not in terrible pain, and haven't seen severely exhausted or tired or sad for the past couple of days, just a regular period. Major relief.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

I hope more places start doing this until it's no longer something that is necessary.

https://www.goodgoodgood.co/articles/churches-period-poverty

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Cool, now my tits get super itchy when I'm about due to have my period, especially the left one. The doctor said it's another thing that gets ignored and just dismissed as one of the mysteries of menstruation (my words), so that sucks. Anti-itch cream helps, but it's so uncomfortable

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Is it covid or menstrual fatigue and lack of sleep

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

coronatae posted:

Is it covid or menstrual fatigue and lack of sleep

absolutely :same:

but hey good thing I got my one-time delivery of 4 free COVID rapid tests from the USPS today !!!! :/

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

A tad of bronchitis and a bit of stress delayed the ol' monthly friend for about 10 days.

It is here now and it is angry.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Ughmy body is fully back on the mouth issues during my period train and I hate it.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
What's the symptom you're most annoyed nobody ever warned you about when you were young? I think for me it's the godawful poops.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

HopperUK posted:

What's the symptom you're most annoyed nobody ever warned you about when you were young? I think for me it's the godawful poops.

A combination of the aforementiond 'period shits' and the giant coin-sized blood clots, especially when you feel them sliding out of you as you move around in bed at night

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

HopperUK posted:

Not quite what you're asking, but I take meds to regulate my period bc PCOS, and drat medication gives me restless legs! I can't fuckin sleep!! Thank God a round of meds is only a week

Also one time my period sent me to the ER so that was fun

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Killingyouguy! posted:

Not quite what you're asking, but I take meds to regulate my period bc PCOS, and drat medication gives me restless legs! I can't fuckin sleep!! Thank God a round of meds is only a week

Also one time my period sent me to the ER so that was fun

omg that sounds like a nightmare, what a chore.

I should probably go to the doctor cause the perimenopausal PCOS periods are kicking my poo poo in, just huge bleeding, wild mood swings, everything. But I just know they'll want to put me on birth control and ugggh I don't wanna take that stuff

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

HopperUK posted:

But I just know they'll want to put me on birth control and ugggh I don't wanna take that stuff

God SAME that's why I'm on the one week of progesterone as-needed rather than the 365-days-of birth control. That poo poo 100% skeeves me out

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

HopperUK posted:

That. I almost puked a couple of days ago because the smell was that wretched.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
My period just started and this is the quickest my entire body had just started feeling like absolute garbage. I usually hesitate taking sick leave for menstrual cramps but today I went right to my team lead and was like hi I don’t feel well bye.

I’m in hell.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I'm super loving depressed and every time I cross my fingers and pray 'please be pms' so I don't have to take the pills this month

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Killingyouguy! posted:

I'm super loving depressed and every time I cross my fingers and pray 'please be pms' so I don't have to take the pills this month

My pms has always exaggerated my depression and I hate it.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I have premenstrual tension, in-menstrual irritation, and post-menstrual weepiness.
I have, like a full-hand of hormone based bullshit.

I do not want children, I will never want bloody children, please stop loving up my brain with all of this shite.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Yeah, I get like, waves of absolute black near-suicidal depression in the week leading up to my period, but they only last for about 90 minutes at a time. I started tracking them just so if I ever feel that awful I can look at the app and be like 'oh, day 30, here we go again'. It doesn't make the feelings less horrid but it makes me know they're going to go away in short order, at least. That and the 'wait did I not take my ADHD meds today?... no I did, they just don't loving work in the 2 days before my period comes for some reason'. So if I'm ever feeling super overwhelmed and scattered I just check the app.

uggghh.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

HopperUK posted:

Yeah, I get like, waves of absolute black near-suicidal depression in the week leading up to my period, but they only last for about 90 minutes at a time. I started tracking them just so if I ever feel that awful I can look at the app and be like 'oh, day 30, here we go again'. It doesn't make the feelings less horrid but it makes me know they're going to go away in short order, at least. That and the 'wait did I not take my ADHD meds today?... no I did, they just don't loving work in the 2 days before my period comes for some reason'. So if I'm ever feeling super overwhelmed and scattered I just check the app.

uggghh.

Fun thing, is that recently it became apparent that a lot of my weirdness might very well be undiagnosed ADHD, because it is so poorly diagnosed in adult women. I've done a few checklists and such, and yeah, I probably have adhd

Edit: the really black feelings are so crazy, they are super intense but they last like...50 minutes, total.

Pookah fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jan 31, 2022

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Pookah posted:

Fun thing, is that recently it became apparent that a lot of my weirdness might very well be undiagnosed ADHD, because it is so poorly diagnosed in adult women. I've done a few checklists and such, and yeah, I probably have adhd

There's an adult ADHD thread in EN if you wanna chat about it with folk in similar boats, or hit me with a PM if you want. I only got diagnosed a year ago.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

It's day three, and I'm still cramping heavily.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

HopperUK posted:

There's an adult ADHD thread in EN if you wanna chat about it with folk in similar boats, or hit me with a PM if you want. I only got diagnosed a year ago.

I have been posting in it, sparingly. I don't want to clog it up with speculative, maybe I have adhd posts, because that feels rude.
I'm not in a position to get diagnosed in the next couple of years and I don't want to assume.
I do value the support immensely. It makes so much sense to me, and I believe medication really works for adhd, unlike autism, where treatment is more productive.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I hate hate hate period related mouth ulcers. I also got some Lume deoderant to try and it's been pretty meh over all but it seems like it does nothing when I'm on or leading up to my period. At least it was a gift.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Uggghhhh the problem with using a cup is that it makes waking up to discover your period started overnight feel so much worse, what am I, 13??? Why did I just spend two days ignoring my body's signals and going "eh it's only been a couple of days I'll put my cup in tomorrow"?? Now I have to wash my nice sheets. It's a cup, there's literally no downside to starting to use it as soon as I think it might start soon! If I'm wrong that's fine!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Is menopause going to be this loving bad?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

HopperUK posted:

This.

It's awful, I lose a lot of time just using the bathroom so much.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

Is menopause going to be this loving bad?

So far perimenopause is a trip, everything has gotten way more erratic and my periods are way heavier than they used to be. Just absolute Shining-hallway carnage.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
You know, I know it's presented as a free will and possession issue, but I'm re-reading the Tommy knockers and if nothing else I would not be digging up that stupid ship if one, the mysterious voice just told me to take my beloved pet and turn him into a living duracell, but two, my period was going to last every day for the rest of my life. Or at least until tentacles grew in place in my vagina. That's going to be a hard no from me thank you insane alien possession ghosts. I think I'm just going to pave over that area, make it into a parking lot instead.

angry emu
Aug 25, 2011

Every single time, I get big mad when I'm minding my business and get a notification from my period app telling me to look out because here it comes. The blood-free times always feel so short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Started on lexapro 22 days ago and my period is due in 2 or 3 days. This is the best I’ve ever felt premenstrually so I guess it’s doing its job. Also bringing it home to me how low I have been and for how long.